• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I wish the weaker tm's were move to the beginning as they'll be likely to be used more. Also save the most powerful ones for the last gym areas and Victory road, instead of having them appear at the middle. Also I love it if the gym leaders gave out some better tm's. Maybe even have one of them give out an HM.

I don't want bad TMs at all. :x I hate how there's basically nothing good at the start of the games and stronger TMs would help that!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
But what about the total number of TMs available for Gen VI? Surely that's much important as the strengths of the TMs. I can only imagine them limited to up to 100 TMs (not counting HMs) for balance reasons, which means more TM removals for newer ones.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
But what about the total number of TMs available for Gen VI? Surely that's much important as the strengths of the TMs. I can only imagine them limited to up to 100 TMs (not counting HMs) for balance reasons, which means more TM removals for newer ones.
I was thinking the same thing. There will be weaker TMs used by Gym Leaders and handed out by Gym Leaders, still.

Cyclone

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I don't want more TMs, but rather a change in the current ones. There are a few that could get replaced with better attacks, and I much prefer the concept of just offering better/powerful attacks/stat attacks as TMs so they are made more valuable.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm the same. I like the variety a large set list of TMs offer, but I could honestly do without all the useless ones I'm probably never going to use. I wouldn't mind some new ones being added to the list, so long as it doesn't cross a tedious amount of TMs total. I thought 100 was pretty appropriate, but I wouldn't mind if it were to hit 130.

As for what TMs we get early in the games. I think it's better they save the stronger moves for later in the game. If they provided all the go-to moves too soon, it'd lessen the challenge of the games in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just to bring up a slightly different topic, what moves are you guys hoping that the move tutors might teach this generation? I mean, should they continue teaching the elemental punches, or should those finally becomes TMs, also? Basically, what moves from last generation do you see becoming TMs and what moves do you see becoming moves that are...tutor-able, so to speak? :x

Its kinda early to talk about Move tutors though. Those don't appear until much later, around the Third/Sequel/Remakes time of appearance. I personally want the Move Tutor list to stay exactly as it is plus add a few moves from Gen 6.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm kind of more interested in whether they'll keep the Shard system etc. Nothing says they won't, but still - I think maybe they might make it easier to get move tutor moves, possibly...?

Guy

just a guy
Years
I honestly hope the move tutors will accept something other than shards. In Platinum, it was very specific and then in Unova they made it a bit easier. However, I feel like both ways were just too complicated because sometimes finding shards isn't an easy task ─ especially in DPPt. Either take my money or want something that isn't so difficult to obtain, but please no more shard collecting move tutors.

I wonder if they'll have version exclusive TMs/Tutor Moves.
I really hope not.

Years
I honestly hope the move tutors will accept something other than shards. In Platinum, it was very specific and then in Unova they made it a bit easier. However, I feel like both ways were just too complicated because sometimes finding shards isn't an easy task ─ especially in DPPt. Either take my money or want something that isn't so difficult to obtain, but please no more shard collecting move tutors.

Yeah, I was kinda alright with how Black 2 & White 2's Move Tutors accepted shards of only one color but I hope they make you just pay some money this time around since money grinding is pretty easy these days. If they do stay with shards they should give them an easy way to obtain like with Black 2 & White 2 having them in dust clouds.

I know Platinum's Move Tutors were a little too specific with shards but HeartGold & SoulSilver was even worse with the fact that BP (Battle Points) were required to teach moves. I hope we don't see that again.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I hope they just make it cost money. It'd make life a lot easier.

I wonder if they'll have version exclusive TMs/Tutor Moves.
"Hey buddy, I need to trade you my Hydreigon so it can learn Dark Pulse. I'll teach yours Outrage, and we'll then trade back. Deal?"

No, no, please God no. Not a good idea.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I actually like the idea :x GF likes to promote having both games, and you'd also get experience for that Pokemon (uh, like exp boost I think - if not, make it happen) so it'd make training easier :3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Wow, we're almost done with March. That means we have six months until the release of XY... hopefully these next six (or five months if released before the November issue aka the one that comes out in October) will have some info that we can use to speculate on.

tnfsf11

I would like to dedicate this post for my very own speculations predictions about X & Y:
1. Chespin: grass/ground or grass/dark, since he will probably get diggin'.
2. Fennekin: fire/fighting. If he was part psychic you know you would blindly choose him, even despite him looking like a chihuahua.
3. Froakie: water. I doubt that it will be fighting since its limbs are thread-thin, this fugly frog will probably do nothing but spray bubbles.
4. Xerneas/Ylvetal: Their faces don't even have features, which tells me they will be part ghost cuz they give me the creeps.
5. Sylveon: You give your eevee a pink bow & put a spell on it with the help of the witch-doctor who gave you your starter, so the bows get fleshy & turn your eevee into a "???" pokemon with curse only.

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back