• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Couldn't you have put it in spoilers? :\
Anyway, Bibliophibian basically showed you what it should look like...:) You have probably got the eyes or/and the claws mixed up, as it should open if you've done it correctly...

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
Years
Yup. Everyone else covered it. Even the smallest mistake will make the biggest difference.

*sigh* That puzzle brings back so many memories. I spent an hour trying to figure that thing out. I kept confusing the legs and the eyes for some reason.

Years
Can't really blame you for having trouble with solving the Kabuto puzzle. No matter how many times I played G/S/C, this is the only puzzle that takes me the longest to finish without using a guide because I always get two pieces mixed up. :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2009
in R/B, what was a button combination you had to press to turn a pokeball into a masterball?

I used to know it, but I forgot. the correct ones aren't online.

(I thinnk it was something like right+b, and up+a when the ball explodes, but nothing i've tried works.)

I know it's real, because i always used to do it. i caught my mewtwo and zapdos with pokeballs full health. does anyone know it?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
in R/B, what was a button combination you had to press to turn a pokeball into a masterball?

I used to know it, but I forgot. the correct ones aren't online.

(I thinnk it was something like right+b, and up+a when the ball explodes, but nothing i've tried works.)

I know it's real, because i always used to do it. i caught my mewtwo and zapdos with pokeballs full health. does anyone know it?
No trick like that exists, no matter what you think you remember. Capture rates are based on a specific formula that is totally unaffected by any button mashing.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2009
No trick like that exists, no matter what you think you remember. Capture rates are based on a specific formula that is totally unaffected by any button mashing.

normally, I would agree with you, and trust me, I know the formula. However, I have done this multiple times, and have gotten every legendary with full health, with pokeballs only. I'm not 10 years old, and my memory isn't flawed. I'm really sorry I'm being rude, but i need an answer from someone who knows what it is, rather than someone who thinks it's impossible...

-Leaf

What do I put here?
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2010
Yup. Everyone else covered it. Even the smallest mistake will make the biggest difference.

*sigh* That puzzle brings back so many memories. I spent an hour trying to figure that thing out. I kept confusing the legs and the eyes for some reason.

Yeah me too they are almost identical and if you're wrong they still look the same

Years
normally, I would agree with you, and trust me, I know the formula. However, I have done this multiple times, and have gotten every legendary with full health, with pokeballs only. I'm not 10 years old, and my memory isn't flawed. I'm really sorry I'm being rude, but i need an answer from someone who knows what it is, rather than someone who thinks it's impossible...

You've been incredibly lucky then. The button combination is a myth and does not actually turn anything into a masterball. Like the other guy said, there is a formula decided by the game's programming that decides if you catch the pokemon or not.

But hey if you want to believe it works be my guest.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2009
You've been incredibly lucky then. The button combination is a myth and does not actually turn anything into a masterball. Like the other guy said, there is a formula decided by the game's programming that decides if you catch the pokemon or not.

But hey if you want to believe it works be my guest.

when I find it out, I'll post it here.

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
Years
Hey did you know there's a Mew under that truck in Vermillion City? I can totally tell you how to get it if you want.

Well, tell us...!
Maybe we have the same way of getting that truck away...!
XD

What's the catch rate? I've been wondering around in this patch of grass for hours now and I haven't found a growlithe yet!

It's very hard is you were looking for it on daytime...!
Growlithe can be seen easily during night time..!
You can also catch it in Route 35...! :)

Last edited:

Ozzy

Banned
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
Question >.<
I have every single pokemon game, and on my yellow version I have all the pokemon, and all are lvl 100. Is there anything else really to do? Cuz i might as well sell it right?

Opinions please :3

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
Years
Question >.<
I have every single pokemon game, and on my yellow version I have all the pokemon, and all are lvl 100. Is there anything else really to do? Cuz i might as well sell it right?

Opinions please :3

If I were you, I won't do that...!
I did that once(I selled my Yellow version to a friend of mine) and I said to myself, "Why did I sell it? I shouldn't have done that! I'll miss playing that game...!"
It's good to have a collection of those versions bcuz you can remember playing them and might as well play those again..!

But it's up to you if wanna continue selling that antique pokemon version..!

Years
You could probably get a decent chunk of change on ebay for a Yellow version with a full dex all level 100.

But then you'd never be able to play the game again. Up to you.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2009
pokemon blue team

hey, my friends and i decided to play pokemon over spring break to and come back after sprng break and battle, i never played pokemon as a kid but got addicted this week ahha, however, i need some help with my team, heres my line up now mewto lvl 72, charizard 75, zapados lvl 55, venomoth lvl 55, and idk what i should have for my last two spots. any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Not a list, and by no means official but the ones I remember are:
* Route 2, right of the bushes
* 2 in Mt Moon, talk to the wall at the end of the long corridor right of the Rocket just before you fight the nerd who gives you a fossil. There's another in the top left corner of the first floor as well
* The basement of the game corner
* And there's one hidden in a pillar in Pokémon Mansion. It's to the right of the entrance I think

There might be more, but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back