• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 924 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
@Above: Yeah, but looking at how this is [more than] half a pokemon game, it doesnt really make sense to "level up" your moves :/
Also, looking at the move's descriptions, some would be over powered...

Such as Regice would cast 2x def twice... 4x def?!
That pretty much negates all super effectives, and renders "not very effective" moves useless...
(Unless, of course, this is not how the move works :P)

Not saying that DarkDoom3000 wouldn't agree or anything...

EDIT: PAGE 13! :D
(I like how I been the first post in 3 pages in a row now... xD)

Omn

Moogle King
Years
@BCKC & DarkDoom3000 Oh yeah i but the ff7 leveling up thing just to explain what they did but you could have an item that would make you able to use again in battle except that item is a once only item cause if you just spammed it that would be pretty unfair. And will you(DarkDoom) put a little animation cutscene for the summon like in the final fantasy games or no.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Okokok. Decently Big Update
----
progressupdat.png

----

Firstly... the "New" eevee form

Eeveeon

Eevee was pretty underused by everyone. The elemental forms were far better to use. But what about now?
eeveeon.png

At a point in the game (early in the next beta version) an event will happen causing your Eevee to evolve into an Eeveeon.
(image in spoiler)
Spoiler:

Eeveeon will fully replace the Normal eevee form. You can still switch forms into the other evolutions at any time.

It has increased stats, a very varied movepool- containing moves from each of it's related elements. And It is the only Pokémon that can make use of Summons

--
Summons

Summons have now been added. Heres how it works

After defeating a rouge legendary(un-captured) They will agree to help you in battle.

The avalible summons will be visible in Eeveeon's movelist when out of battle. But if you select the attack command inbattle, it will only display eeveeon's normal moves.

The key is summon stones. These are rare items that are required for summoning legendaries. If you possess atleast 1, The summon command will appear. with it, you can select a legendary to summon.

A summoned pokemon will do a single attack.

When you summon a pokemon, you'll use up a summoning stone.
Without a summon stone, you cannon summon anything.
(Image in Spoiler)
Spoiler:

Minor form switch change

Eevee forms used to have the attack "Form Switch", Used to switch forms inbattle. but due to the way I had to program the summons, Its getting the axe. Instead, to switch forms inbattle, you'll have to use the Tetra Element (like out of battle). The up-side is that now any pokemon can activate the tetra element. so you can switch forms when it's not even eevee's turn.

Last edited:

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
awesome may i suggest removing an e from eeveeon make it eeveon

Lugia should use Areoblast as it is it's signature attack

Years
I must say that I am very impressed at how quickly you work. The idea was brought up less than 48 hours ago and you have already implemented it into the game. You my friend, are a great programmer and a hard worker.

When you run into these rogue legendaries, will they be sitting in a certain spot (like Zapdos in the Power Plant R/B/Y) and if they are, will characters in the game give you hints as to where they are? Or will it be an event type of thing where you have to do something or possess certain items to trigger them?

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
"Eevee is evolving into a...
It into a Eeveeon"

Either you're missing words or screens :P

I also agree with DForte's comment, nice work!

DarkDoom3000

Years
Some will be at certain spots, most will be part of sidequests others will be roaming around(if i can implement that correctly)

Some will require other legendaries to be obtained- the legendary birds for lugia and the legendary dogs for ho-oh.
-
Good news is that the after effects of revamping the database (re-doing the evolutions and reassigning TMs is now fully complete.) so I can now get back to actual storyline progress. The derail event is being coded right now.

edit: Yeah, Just realised my evolution notice is screwed up

X is evolving into a ....
-
It into a Y

Bad Typo.

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Very nice update but I think some of the moves Eeveeon learns just won't work.
Why should it know Bubblebeam, Giga Drain, Psybeam, Skull Bash and Recover ?

Besides, it even doesn't have to learn those moves because it will possibly still be the most used form of Eevee's evolutions as it's the only one that knows "Summon".

But anyways, looking forward to see more of this game !

DarkDoom3000

Years
Well, to be fair, pokemon like nidoking can learn thoes moves via TM even though it seems to have none of the traits (can learn Fire blast, blizzard, thunder, surf among others)

You could say it has a bit of power from each of it's other forms, allowing it to use some of it's other form's moves.
-
summons aren't common moves, because you need a rare summon stone to use a summon. you're not really gonna use them unless it's a boss battle or something, so there has to be another draw to eeveeon besides the summon (people would just switch- summon- then switch out)
The draw is variety a mixed movepool which has elements of all it's forms.

While eeveeon excells at variety, it can't learn the hard hitting type moves (the big damage ones like fire blast, hydro pump, psychic etc) not even with TM. So if you want full type damage, the typed form is the better choice.

ayevdayev

Legend
Years
For some reason it lags on my laptop when I'm on a big map. It lags so much the game is unplayable. But the menu and small maps (indoor maps) work perfectly. I'm running Windows 7 and my laptop can support many 3d games so why can't it support this game. I tried running in compatibility for XP but it still doesn't work. Looks really fun though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
ayevdayev: Do you have the most recent version? As in the patch for v.04? The patch lessens the lag a lot, so much that it exists only under rare circumstances (like its the computer, not the game causing it.)

DarkDoom3000

Years
updating to v0.401 could fix some lag,

Also, I didn't have lag when testing, but thats cause it automatically runs in windowed mode when debugging. playing it directly from the folder (RPG_RT.exe) runs it in full screen, and even I get odd lag. Just really really jittery. walk normal for a few seconds, screen freezes for a second and your character has teleported a 5 tiles.

so if you are expericneing something similar. Press F4 to switch it into windowed mode, that seems to reduce lag. Pressing F5 also switches window sizes, that could also effect lag.

---

I've done quite a lot of optimisation, so the next version shouldn't lag (hopefully).

I might release a test version of the new optimized processes. Also, I had said- it's gonna be harder to level up- basically enemies will now give half the EXP. to balance that enemies will now have half HP. To make battles flow faster (they'll be more offensive though)

Last edited:

ayevdayev

Legend
Years
updating to v0.401 could fix some lag,

Also, I didn't have lag when testing, but thats cause it automatically runs in windowed mode when debugging. playing it directly from the folder (RPG_RT.exe) runs it in full screen, and even I get odd lag. Just really really jittery. walk normal for a few seconds, screen freezes for a second and your character has teleported a 5 tiles.

so if you are expericneing something similar. Press F4 to switch it into windowed mode, that seems to reduce lag. Pressing F5 also switches window sizes, that could also effect lag.

---

I've done quite a lot of optimisation, so the next version shouldn't lag (hopefully).

I might release a test version of the new optimized processes. Also, I had said- it's gonna be harder to level up- basically enemies will now give half the EXP. to balance that enemies will now have half HP. To make battles flow faster (they'll be more offensive though)
Thanks for the help :) You described exactly what was happening to me so it wasn't my computer's fault it was because of full screen.
----------------------------------------------
It started lagging again. Even in
windowed. That sucks.

I'll wait for the new version.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Oh, I guess the way eeveeon is works fine then :)
Also, I thought summons would have just "consumed MP" and you'd have been able to use them over and over again.

DarkDoom3000

Years
Just a heads up-
My laptop charger has died. so I can't use my laptop. I've ordered a new one online, but I can't do any work on SPEE until it get's here. (which should take less than a week)

So don't expect any progress updates for a few days.

(using my brother's computer to post)

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
UGHH I just typed up a whole paragraph- TWICE of all the typos you had. Got deleted both times...
Gonna list them now.
Bold=Mistake Italics=Fix

Flashback one:

Hey, ..Randy ...Do you feel that?
Hey, Randy... Do you feel that?

Looks like It's starting
Looks like it's starting...

Second Flashback:

Whoa- *Yawn* I'm feeling really sleepy all off a sudden
Whoa- *Yawn* I'm feeling really sleepy all of a sudden!

Come on! Don't be such a chicken
Come on! Don't be such a chicken!

Hell No! We might be twins, but I actually care about my life, unlike you
Hell, no! We might be twins, but I actually care about my life, unlike you!

Come on. We both know The Creator won't let us die.
Come on, we both know the Creator won't let us die.

Misc.

You spelled 'evolution' wrong on the Eeveeon data sheet-thing. :P
The type isn't 'Thunder,' it's Electric. (Tetra)
Does Eeveeon have a back sprite? It looks just like Eevee's...
You've had the Eeveeon sprite for ages, why implement it now?
Uhm, in the Gen3 screenshot for the time traveling thing, there's a flower tile under a bush :P
Sorry for picking on your sprites again, but Swampert's fins looks too bright, break the rules and use a shade of gray? :P
Makuhita's fists are a little dark :/
Spoink and Zigzagoon's body look flat :O

Hehe, sorry if pointing out all of the tiny mistakes is annoying

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Years
good news, new charger worked, and doesn't run as hot.

Thanks for the typos, I've fixed them. Spelling and Grammar im leaving for the polish stage, once I've reached v0.99 I'll go out and actively hunt down spelling mistakes. Unless someone points them out, in which case, I'll fix stright away.

You spelled 'evolution' wrong on the Eeveeon data sheet-thing.

-not gonna fix due to it being irrelevant. but good catching.

The type isn't 'Thunder,' it's Electric. (Tetra)

-The labels are refrencing the method of evolution rather than the type. Thunder Stone- Thunder. Same with Light(rather than psychic) for Espeon

Does Eeveeon have a back sprite? It looks just like Eevee's...

Yeah, it's quite different actually, Its a recoloured jolteon mixed with flareon and umbreon features. plus the normal eevee tail, but extended to be made longer.

You've had the Eeveeon sprite for ages, why implement it now?

-Its one of the earlier stuff I had thought of, but I needed it to be given later ingame.
to give a sense of progression. And with the upcomming ingame event, it seemed the perfect situation to get Eevee to evolve.

Uhm, in the Gen3 screenshot for the time traveling thing, there's a flower tile under a bush
-fix'd

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
-not gonna fix due to it being irrelevant. but good catching.Meh, doesnt really matter
-The labels are refrencing the method of evolution rather than the type. Thunder Stone- Thunder. Same with Light(rather than psychic) for Espeon
Oh, never got that far in game :P
Yeah, it's quite different actually, Its a recoloured jolteon mixed with flareon and umbreon features. plus the normal eevee tail, but extended to be made longer.
Sorry, havent seen the back of an Eevee in awhile :P
-Its one of the earlier stuff I had thought of, but I needed it to be given later ingame.
to give a sense of progression. And with the upcomming ingame event, it seemed the perfect situation to get Eevee to evolve.

Oh ok. :D

Back