• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Codin

I am a system administrator, but at times, when I'm feeling benevolent, I assist technically challenged users. I was speaking with one of the network analysts while enjoying a cup of latte, when a woman from the Health Services department frantically rushed over to us. We told her to call the help desk, which is what she is supposed to do first, and then her problem would probably be assigned to one of us. She couldn't wait, though -- you know that scenario. She needed to copy a document to a disk immediately, but her disk drive was "broken." She was flailing her arms with the diskette in her hand saying, "I keep trying to put the diskette in, but it won't go in. The disk drive is broken!"

The analyst and I looked at each other, then followed her to her computer. We stood next to her as she repeated her story. At the same time, she was unsuccessfully attempting to shove her diskette into the drive...with the disk upside down.

I told her that there wasn't anything wrong with her drive. I said her computer was upside down.

headdesk.gif.gif

...OH MY GAAAAAWWWWWDDDDD!!!!!!!

Edit: oh god hahahaha

One night there was a thunderstorm in the area, and one customer, notorious among the tech support crowd, called:

Customer: "Did you know about the thunderstorm? I heard that I should unplug my computer. Should I do that?"
Tech Support: "In most cases, yes, it is best to at least unplug your phone line. Lightning sometimes causes power surges that can damage your modem."
Customer: "Can it damage other things as well...like the phone?"
Tech Support: "I've never heard of that happening before, but it is a possibility."
Customer: "So do you think that I should unplug the phone from my computer and from all the phones as well?"
Tech Support: (frustrated) "Couldn't hurt."
Customer: "So when can I plug them all back in?"
Tech Support: (really annoyed now) "When the storm is over."
Customer: "How will I know when it's safe, though?"
My face lit up like a Christmas tree, and it was all I could do to keep myself breathing evenly.

Tech Support: "I will call you."
Customer: "Ok! Thank you!"

Okay, that one was awesome. XD

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That sounds hilarious haha.
How long did it take him to realize that it wasn't blood?

I have assisted other people in scaring others with fake blood, but I don't think I myself have ever tried it. :? I've freaked people out by sticking safety pins into my fingers, though. c: It's quite fun.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
A couple of minutes. I was to busy laughing to actually tell him, so I just grabbed a couple more candies and threw them at him.
Haha, wow.
Was he not paying attention, or did it legitimately look like blood...?

I think I might be able to freak people out by showing them this drawing I have somewhere in my bedroom. Not so much the art itself, but the fact that I had used blood to draw it. c;

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Haha, wow.
Was he not paying attention, or did it legitimately look like blood...?

I think I might be able to freak people out by showing them this drawing I have somewhere in my bedroom. Not so much the art itself, but the fact that I had used blood to draw it. c;

The fizzy was dark enough to look like blood - but I think it was more because he was that freaked out.

Edit - I've got a friend who drew stuff in his blood. He's a bit... messed up in the head.

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Ah, okay. Still would have been funny to watch. ;D

It's actually fun. c: I have a couple of drawings done with blood, but none were real drawings- just kind of patterns.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ughhhh I'm sleepy. I did like nothing today though :(

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I almost fell asleep in Social Studies class and Math class. I was bored out of my mind. Now I'm like, super hyper trying to finish a French assignment for tomorrow.

Social Studies is better known as nap time.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I always am so tired during classes and awake at night. I have to get up in 8 hours, but who cares, LET'S PLAY A GAME OF LOL!

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I got vocab to finish up and I got an assignment for English due tomorrow, but I'm too lazy to finish them right now.

In other news, my garage is fixed!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'm here. Not for long, but I'm here. It's 12:30...I've been up since before 8am and didn't get enough sleep...why am I so awake? x: If I get over my laziness, I'll get some work done.
...Nah.

I currently am enjoying messing with the torn up skin on my fingertip. I stuck a safety pin into it (more times than I can remember) to freak out someone I know earlier today. Now it looks cool.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I didn't even go to school today. I had a doctor's appointment so I didn't go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back