• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Thank you! You made my day :) 1 more question, how do you import the saved Tileset into the other rom?

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
I need some help here, IS There a Way to Edit the Pokemon Types, now, let me say this clearly, NOT the types of Pokemon, the Types THEMSELVES, like Change Dark-Type from being immune to Psychic. If there is a way, Some help would be appreciated.
This thread: (put "www" in front) explains how to: pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=83674

As above poster said. I'm also interested in doing this, is there a way to insert/add new types?
I don't know how to add new types though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
I have hopefully a quick question.

I recently changed the hero sprite from 16x32 to 32x32 using Overworld Changer and edited it as there was nothing there with the new offset. When I loaded up the ROM there wasn't a hero sprite at all, it didn't seem to load. However, when I tested a ice tile with the sliding, the sprite loads for the sliding effect and on the next tile. However, on moving it again it disappears. Help on resolving this?

Last edited:

AmusedRaccoon

Dilettante
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
Thank you! You made my day :) 1 more question, how do you import the saved Tileset into the other rom?

In the block editor, in the same place where it says "Save Tileset 1" (or 2), right under it is "Load Tileset 1" (or 2).

What I do is make my own tiles, then change one of the unused palettes in AdvanceMap to one of my tiles, then Save Tileset for the one I'm using (usually 2), then copy-paste my tile into the saved tileset, then load again in AdvanceMap. There are tutorials on this somewhere, but that's pretty much the gist of it.

Now, I've searched this thread, its archived version, and the script help thread, and couldn't find anything:

Is there a command to script a monochrome (black and white) or sepia filter? Or, failing that, can anyone point me to an ASM tutorial that will give me the means to do it?

It's for a flashback sort of scene, if that will help convey what I'm talking about, and I really need to know. Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2009
ghrrr!!! 2 more.. (added unresponded one, so 3.)

1. How do you make an NPC move on a Script Tile/Event? I tested the script on a regular person, and they moved, but they didn't move at all (but executed the other scripts) when I set the script on a Script Tile/Event

2. The cave warps won't work... I set the unknown to 03 and all that stuff, it doesn't work. When I replace the sprite with a ladder, it works, but with the cave sprite, it doesn't work. I tried putting the warp tile 1 cell away from the cave sprite, not working. Warp tile on the sprite, not working as well. Tried making the Cave Sprite walkable, nothing. Made it unwalkable, still not walking... This is extremely frustrating me...

3. How do you make an NPC (person) appear invisible at first and become visible when you walk on a Script Event?

AmusedRaccoon

Dilettante
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
Sorry for the almost double post, but this just happened again, and I want answers.

I got my map connections working, finally, not too long ago. And then I went into the second map and deleted two warps, and now it isn't working anymore. I have no idea why, or what connections have to do with warps inside the maps.

It doesn't freeze or anything. Instead, this is what happens.

cnxn1.PNG
cnxn2.PNG
cnxn3.PNG

Does anyone know anything about this? Every connection question I've ever seen involves the game freezing.
Thanks.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Elow.
I have a question which has been answered already, but I forgot the answer and I've been trying to search for it but I couldn't find it any longer...

Anyways, what's the command to be put in the script to refresh a map?
Thanks~

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Elow.
I have a question which has been answered already, but I forgot the answer and I've been trying to search for it but I couldn't find it any longer...

Anyways, what's the command to be put in the script to refresh a map?
Thanks~

special...um...Oh...um...

Special 0x8E refreshes the map so you can see any tiles you've setmaptiled. =D

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011

Anyone that uses Punk Rockers DP base, listen to this advice.
As Ninja Catipie pointed out, special 0x8E refreshes the map.
So if you make a map script with this in it, the door errors will be fixed once you enter the map
:D

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
hey

can anyone tell me hoe to change the backgrounds in battle? like the grass or water backgrounds that comes when u battle. i looked all over the tutorials sections and couldn't find it.

jonnO'brien

wont be back.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2009
Im confused on why Pokemon Fire Red runs sooooooooo much slower then my RSE roms.
Ruby runs at a fairly decent percentage around 111% when i hold the spacebar,
but Fire Red and Leaf Green, barley run at 56%
Help?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

thanks so much. :)

---oOo---​

I have another question though...
In the header view of the latest Advance Map, we can put level scripts.
What Script Type will I use for a level script that checks when after I battled a trainer on that map, I can use the special 0x8E to refresh a map?

Thanks~

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

thanks so much. :)

---oOo---​

I have another question though...
In the header view of the latest Advance Map, we can put level scripts.
What Script Type will I use for a level script that checks when after I battled a trainer on that map, I can use the special 0x8E to refresh a map?

Thanks~

Well, there are a few things you could do...

You could
  • Use Script type 2 "Upon entering map / Not Menu Close"
    Or
  • Script type 5 "Upon entering map / Upon closing a menu"

there is a reason you should not use Type 1 for this, regardless of what megiddo said, and I will get to that shortly.

Type 2 is a great choice, I often use it, because it happens when you enter the map, and works.

Type 5, I personally don't ever use it, thus I don't know much about it, you can try it though! You never learn if you do things perfect!

The problem with type 1 is that this is not a setmaptile script.
t is a map refresh script, simple as that, if you had some setmaptiles in there, then it would make more sense... you know?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Does anybody know the offset in Tile Molester where I can find the object that the player surfs on in Fire Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back