• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2016
Meh, it completely crashes my PSP when trying to run this. I use GPSP to emulate roms, and like lots work fine but this one does not. I don't have custom firmware on my PSP, so I'm using the signed version of GPSP. Does anyone know how I can still play the game on my PSP?
LP works perfectly on GPSP Kai v3.4 (CFW 6.20 Prome).
All the other hacks work as well, except Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians (which I would really like to play on my PSP. ><)
But yeah, you might want to try the "Kai" Version.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015

LP works perfectly on GPSP Kai v3.4 (CFW 6.20 Prome).
All the other hacks work as well, except Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians (which I would really like to play on my PSP. ><)
But yeah, you might want to try the "Kai" Version.

You got custom firmware, I do not because I can't install custom firmware on my PSP as its too new :( (Well, that's what I'm told). Or am I informed wrong? Because if I could still hack my PSP and play with a better GPSP version, it would be damn awesome :P

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
I have a maybe major problem...

I just finished the Zhery League and now tackle the Lauren League. After talking to the Rocavely Gym Leader, I went to the gym and the trainers and the gym leader won't battle me. They said that I have finished battling them but I didn't... =/

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Just finished this game. I was very happy with it, except the lauren region seemed very easy to me. Still a pretty amazing game though, good job!

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2012
so i just beat the first set of the elite 4 and the first gym of the secound region, and when i try to battle a trainer in the cave leading to the next town the game freezes and gets all these funny colors... please help.

update: so i just used a walk though walls cheat to get around her and got the shell fossil from the guy just past her... so it is all good. but it is something that should be looked at.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
This is what happens when I fight a trainer (when the ! comes over his name and I fight him)

prntscr . com / 7dr4w

Also, if I am fighting a trainer, it still lets me run from the battle (Got away safely). But it never shows the animation where the trainer enters ("Trainer" would like to battle you") and all the trainers only have 1 pokemon with 0 or a blank hp bar. Please help as this is getting really annoying.

This started happening in the 3rd Gym. When I entered the 3rd gym, all the trainers had the crab pokemon (forgot what it's called xD) and the gym leader also had the same pokemon...but yet again, it did not show the animation, and he only had that one crab pokemon with 0 health.

Last edited:
Years
OK all you guys complaining about this problem and that problem are told that these problems occur due to your bad rom and not the game itself because i never encountered any of them and neither do other players too

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2016
hey guys im new here...
i got a question but im not sure if it was asked already
is it normal that my pokedex isnt complete?
it starts with the hoenn starters instead of kanto starters and it ends at around number 190 with metagross...

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2012
Is each pokemons ev yeild exactly the same as they are in their original games? And what about user created sprites?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2013
I am totally confused, which or what link i should download that is the latest -_-

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2012
I am totally confused, which or what link i should download that is the latest -_-

Just click on Complete Version Brazil or Complete Version English in the first post under downloads then on the LP site go to PokemonLightPlatinum and download + patch either the eng file for English or the file under ips for Spanish Edit: Not completely sure about the ips page having the Spanish version since I patched in English but it most likely should so just try it out and see if thats what you want.

My bad if this was asked already but I'm curious about something. I was thinking of using Chandelure and I wanted to know if there was any way to evolve Litwick -> Chandelure without trading or if not then can the one you get via trade in game learn attacks or does it not learn anything?

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2020
Hey Wesley! I'm kinda new to ROMS and such and i've been trying out a lot of them and I just wanted to say I LOVE this hack! Just got my first badge and I must say very well done!

Back