• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Garnet Version~

What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

R.Ranger

Pokemonmeester
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
This game is '' Het beste pokemon spel ooit!!!", and that is Dutch for "The best pokemon game ever!!!''. I am a real pokemon fan and i think this game looks better than all other pokemon games! But I have some questions to.

1. When think you that you can release a demo? I can't wait!
2. Mostly there is a couple of games. Like daimond and pearl, ruby and saphire. Does Garnet have a kind of sister?
3. How much people work on this game?
4. Would pokemon garnet be playable on a flashcard?

I am Dutch so sorry for my bad English.

I love this game and good luck with the game.

Greets from Holland and my!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
As the touch screen is currently under development, i would like to thank you all for the good comments, well, some of them are real "reviews"for Garnet and i'm very glad that people spent time on them!

Then the usual answer space!
First of all:
Hey, I'm just asking out of curiosity, but his game will have the maximum level of 100 to Pokémon, because I think if anything were able to extend the limit, it would be a pretty cool innovation in your game.

Well, I'm anxious for an answer, by

RoX.
Excuse me for anwering that late, but level cap for Garnet is 100, the same as other pokémon games, mainly because Garnet is more limited than the normal series, not bigger. It is no longer, no shorter btw.

this is looking fantastic. it actually makes me feel bad about my comparably noobish spriting. i have just one problem so far though - spacix's name doesn't 'flow' very well to me. would it be viable to rename it as 'cosmix'? it may just be my opinion but i think it sounds and flows better. do with the idea what you will (or won't). Everything else though is fantastic and I can't wait to see a demo.
Well, Spacix design is Cascadegonpory's... and the name as well! we decided to keep all the original names from the original concepts.

This game is '' Het beste pokemon spel ooit!!!", and that is Dutch for "The best pokemon game ever!!!''. I am a real pokemon fan and i think this game looks better than all other pokemon games! But I have some questions to.
1. When think you that you can release a demo? I can't wait!
2. Mostly there is a couple of games. Like daimond and pearl, ruby and saphire. Does Garnet have a kind of sister?
3. How much people work on this game?
4. Would pokemon garnet be playable on a flashcard?
I am Dutch so sorry for my bad English.
I love this game and good luck with the game.
Greets from Holland and my!
1. There's some time to wait for a demo, just have patience. I love to do things properly and correctly, more than do them fast... btw not too slow! XD
2. That's true, and it is an interesting question. The team has talked a lot about that but... just consider Garnet as a "Crystal, Emerald or Platinum" game, a third one. Originally there have been two different games but i thought it was better to make a single one.
3. Well, the regular team is composed by me (mapper, eventing and tilesets), four pixel artists (fakes, sprites etc...), one composer, two compilers and one scripter. Then a lot of people made something to help us, as ripping tilesets, sprites, side-graphic works...
4. No, Garnet would not be playable on flashcard. At the end of the development the file will be an EXE one, a "computer software". There's at the moment no way to make an EXE work on flashcards... or to make an EXE become a .NDS...

And finally, the BETA TESTER fact...
A Beta Tester job is not funny at all. I do not know why a lot of people seem to be interested in, but you must absolutely know that doing that job is not simple and no way funny. It is a long work that pretends patience, a lot of patience, a lot of restarts, and a deep knowledge of the development program.
There's time for the Beta testers, just wait. You will surely enjoy the game as new, more than betatesters.
I thought that something about that was written on the forum rules...

Well, that was not really the end.
As many of you know, I usually post a comment when i want to update.
There's an update, indeed, just a screen that also introduces a concept.

20rqq15.jpg

We have totally pixel-made maps for Garnet, as well as a new intro in the pokémon world: religion and fantasy/epic stories/ segments, as well as... action/puzzle sections.
There are Dungeons in Garnet (I and Dewitty are strongly influenced by Zelda XD), as well as some ability minigames that are necessary to go on with the story mode. Because of that this game is not to be thought as a classic Rpg pokémon game.

Excuse me for the lack of updates, but the free time I have is going lower and lower, and it will be like that till the end of the school year.

I really would like to answer eery one of you, to thank every one of you personally, but as you can understand, i can't. But i'm really grateful for all your support and your criticism as well. I just wanted to let you know.

P.s.: Did Garnet lose one star? XD

Last edited:

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
Years
And finally, the BETA TESTER fact...
A Beta Tester job is not funny at all. I do not know why a lot of people seem to be interested in, but you must absolutely know that doing that job is not simple and no way funny. It is a long work that pretends patience, a lot of patience, a lot of restarts, and a deep knowledge of the development program.
There's time for the Beta testers, just wait. You will surely enjoy the game as new, more than betatesters.
I thought that something about that was written on the forum rules...

Oh, sorry. I wasn't trying to make it a joke or anything. I really want to play this game, so I was eager to get any chance I could. Sorry. I don't need to be a tester, there are many more people who are worthy.

R.Ranger

Pokemonmeester
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
On the frontpage of this forum stands a picture of the 3 starter pokemon. Toofin looks on that picture different than in the Fakedex. I personal like the Toofin that stands by the starters more.

Has it a reason that those 2 sprites are different?

Poison Master

Poison'd You.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2010
Awesome.

I support this idea, 100%, I love the graphics, Can't wait for the Demo Release. This looks very good, and I hope to see some cool Poison Type pokemon, added to this game, and I hope to be on when it gets released. ! :)
Any way, I put the banner in my signature.​

Sincerly,
Ryan​

Last edited:
Years
Sounds great, looks great and I just love the name of the Fire starter Pokemon, Frilzard, it just makes me lol but I still like the name, I will probably choose Toofin because of the way his final evolution form looks like.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2016
wow nice work on the marowak evolution.
im waiting for the official one for a long time.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
this looks promising...I can't wait for even the demo to come out!!

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
The best looking game on here, ever, now only has one less star? What a shame. I'll introduce this game to some people, I'm sure they'll give it 5 stars, because it deserves it!

On another note, what's the news on the second screen?

Last edited:

slay

ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
Let me know when you have a beta test. I'll let you know if you might need to improve... plus I'm wanting to play it. lol
Thanks, "Slay"

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
When I gave it 5 stars it returned to 5 stars! I don't know why it dropped to 4. Probably some other game that became uber-jealous. Tut tut Raptor... Joking :cer_tongue:

Anyway it's still looking awesome judging by what you've got here and on deviantart.

Just to ask, what type is Corchic? Water/Flying I presume? Also, is Incensire Light/Flying or Light/Dragon? Perhaps you could post the typings in a list below the Fakedex? Or maybe you want to keep them all hush-hush :cer_wink:.

Also, I don't know if this has already been discussed but the search didn't turn up anything from it, what type resistances etc. does Light have?

I look very much forward to this games release. You have terrific fakemon (although the Luvug line looks very similar to the Clefairy line), great maps and a killler plotline.

I especially look forward to seeing new gym leaders!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
I gave this thread 5 stars!!!! Yeah I'm stalkin' this game, yo.

キラキラ

KiraKira
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2011
I'm in love with the graphical style of this game.
Do you use those lighting effects on every outdoor map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back