• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
A steel Ram would be cool to see. Or maybe it can be Steel/Psychic or Steel/Electric and physical oriented (allowing it to use a powerful Zen headbutt, and iron tail)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would be interested in seeing something like a fire ostrich and maybe a steel type goat. I think those would be really cool.

Fire ostrich doesn't seem so crazy actually. I can imagine it with a bad temper, and it might even have Anger Point for every time it gets annoyed!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I want them to confirm that ludvisc evolves into alomomola

That is never going to happen. They aren't related. They were made to not be related, therefore they will never be related. Gamefreak has already said this.

I want more unique Dragon Combinations. More Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric other than legendaries. There aren't too many animals I want to see made into Pokemon, but I'd like some toy based Pokemon. Like a top, plushie, or building blocks. With the count reaching 700 my want list is very small as far as new creatures are concerned.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I'd like to see some more Water birds, especially some more bulky ones, since I like the Water/Flying combo. If GameFreak will do it I guess that they might probably base it off a Gannet or a Booby or something else like that.

A steel ram also sounds cool, and I hope something like that will come up in the X and Y series. Maybe it will be able to learn moves like Iron Horn or Bovine Toss.

I want more unique Dragon Combinations.

I wonder, maybe there will be a Dragon-type Fossil Pokemon (In other words a Dragon/Rock type). Now that's an example of the ultimate prehistoric Pokemon! (Might even exist before Arceus was made.)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I always liked the fossil pokemons and a Dragon one could be interesting. And we got lot of Water/Rock, some flying and steel and pure Rock. Some combo never been made with rock Like Electric/Rock, Dragon/Rock, Poison/Rock, Ghost/Rock, Ice/Rock and Normal/Rock. I hope they add one of them as fossil because we got enough of those Water/Rock fossils.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yeah, the type originality of gen 5's fossils disappointed me. I want something more like Hoenn's which had one new combo, and a older one which only another Pokémon had but which wasn't a fossil. Speaking of fossils I wonder if we'll get a "third fossil" like Relicanth (living fossil, and Genesect (re-engineered fossil), or one like Aerodactyl...however they seem to be an odd generations thing so maybe not...

For fossil's I'll like a T-rex Dragon/Rock (ancestor of Larvitar maybe?), and a mammoth (I know it's not from the dinosaur era but it'll be cool to have another mammoth Pokémon) it can be Ice/Rock, that's two new rock combo's ^_^.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I really wanted a pokemon with a **** ton of Hp, but no defences (because of the high Hp, you will get tons of exp when you kill, *cough*, I mean faint it). Ok, statistics time!!!!!!!!!!

Hp: 350
Atk: 5
Def: 1
SpAtk: 5
SpDef: 1
Spd 5

Base stat total: 367
This pokemon's stats do look pathetic, but the point is to make a pokemon that is easy to take down, and you get tons of exp from it. (FYI, the more hp a poke has, the more exp you get when you faint it. Thats why you get loads of exp when you take down an Audino or a Chansey/Blissey)

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hm, that pokemon's statistics kind of reminds me... of a reverse Shuckle. Because you know -- Shuckle has low HP and high Defense and Special Defense, but that pokemon statistics are the other way around~ I'd would be col if it'd give loads of EXP points, or maybe loads of utility moves for battle!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Hm, that pokemon's statistics kind of reminds me... of a reverse Shuckle. Because you know -- Shuckle has low HP and high Defense and Special Defense, but that pokemon statistics are the other way around~ I'd would be col if it'd give loads of EXP points, or maybe loads of utility moves for battle!

Although it could have some decent utility, with that frail of defenses it's not going to survive long, even with that astronomical HP stat. Anything super-effective is either going to KO it or knock it down at least to half HP, so it's almost a waste =/ It'd be cool for grinding purposes, but outside of that I wouldn't see something like this having value or even being implemented.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Another suggestion for a Pokemon!

I don't know what characteristics it should have really, but something that is Grass/Electric should do! It took me a while to figure this one out, but this typing is actually pretty good, competitively! Only has around..4 weakness? Two of which aren't -too- common I think(poison and bug), so I think it should be okay. :3 I can most definitely see it as being more of a special attacker, too~!

The only concern I have with that is that I'd like to think that Electric represents working technology and grass represents nature of some sort, so, they'd be kind of conditioning forces, although, that'd be nice to see! Actually, you've remind me of something speculated long ago; perhaps we'll see pokemon that actually have "mutated genes", in which these pokemon have "contradicted dual types" like a Fire/Water type, a Psychic/Dark type, etc, etc.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
The only concern I have with that is that I'd like to think that Electric represents working technology and grass represents nature of some sort, so, they'd be kind of conditioning forces, although, that'd be nice to see! Actually, you've remind me of something speculated long ago; perhaps we'll see pokemon that actually have "mutated genes", in which these pokemon have "contradicted dual types" like a Fire/Water type, a Psychic/Dark type, etc, etc.

I think having that sort of "mutation" or whatever they want to call it would be cool, and it's probably why they haven't had some of these fabled types because they were polar opposites. With the game being based on genetics I can definitely see something like that being possible, and it could be interesting!

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Although it could have some decent utility, with that frail of defenses it's not going to survive long, even with that astronomical HP stat. Anything super-effective is either going to KO it or knock it down at least to half HP, so it's almost a waste =/ It'd be cool for grinding purposes, but outside of that I wouldn't see something like this having value or even being implemented.

I know this pokemon is very frail, I didn't want this pokemon to be used in actual battle, I simply wanted a pokemon that would make level-grinding so much easier. My idea was to basically make a giant blob of exp so you could level up your good pokemon much faster.

On the other hand, maybe this pokemon could get a kickass evolution - a super defensive one.
Hooray! Statistics time!

Hp: 290 Ability: Magic Guard
Atk: 10
Def: 135
SpAtk: 10
SpDef: 140
Spd: 5

Base stat total: 590
Looking at it's stats, it's pretty obvious that this pokemon can wall any attack, at the cost of being pathetic offensively. My plan is to make the ultimate annoying pokemon, and if this pokemon has magic guard, then say bye-bye to toxic and will-o-wisp. Have it learn toxic, thunder wave, recover, and your choice of entry hazards (preferably stealth rock - if it can learn it). There you have it, the ultimate annoyer.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I know this pokemon is very frail, I didn't want this pokemon to be used in actual battle, I simply wanted a pokemon that would make level-grinding so much easier. My idea was to basically make a giant blob of exp so you could level up your good pokemon much faster.

But isn't that what Audino is pretty much for right now? I mean I know it has its niche in battling, but it's mostly used solely for grinding as it is. I can see maybe giving the new generation a new version of Audino, but I'd rather just see it get carried over from Unova than make some blob-thing that's totally useless.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I have written this before in a different topic, but I think it was out of place so I decided to copy it down in this thread.

Zlythax. (Poison/Dark)
I thought it was a cool name, it's design sorta looks like a cross between the creature 'venom' from spiderman, and sableye. This creature has a long, furry tongue that hangs out from it's Sableye - like grin. It has blank, soulless blue eyes (like Sylveon), and has long, black scythes that replace it's hands (like Kabutops's blades - except longer and black).
Now it's stats:

Ability: Assassin (Increases the accuracy of OHKO moves, like guillotine, from 30% to 80%)

Hp: 100
Atk: 15
Def: 80
SpAtk: 15
SpDef: 80
Spd: 150

Base stat total: 440

You are probably disappointed with it's attack stats, but when it has the ability 'Assassin', who needs attack? Zlythax can learn ALL the OHKO moves, including a new one called 'Death Slice', a dark type guillotine which is it's signature move.
Since Zlythax has a stunning 150 speed stat, it should OHKO everything in it's path, at least 80% of the time!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I have written this before in a different topic, but I think it was out of place so I decided to copy it down in this thread.

Zlythax. (Poison/Dark)
I thought it was a cool name, it's design sorta looks like a cross between the creature 'venom' from spiderman, and sableye. This creature has a long, furry tongue that hangs out from it's Sableye - like grin. It has blank, soulless blue eyes (like Sylveon), and has long, black scythes that replace it's hands (like Kabutops's blades - except longer and black).
Now it's stats:

Ability: Assassin (Increases the accuracy of OHKO moves, like guillotine, from 30% to 80%)

Hp: 100
Atk: 15
Def: 80
SpAtk: 15
SpDef: 80
Spd: 150

Base stat total: 440

You are probably disappointed with it's attack stats, but when it has the ability 'Assassin', who needs attack? Zlythax can learn ALL the OHKO moves, including a new one called 'Death Slice', a dark type guillotine which is it's signature move.
Since Zlythax has a stunning 150 speed stat, it should OHKO everything in it's path, at least 80% of the time!

That is so ridiculously overpowered that it's definitely never going to happen. If something like this learned Hone Claws, it's OHKO moves would hit 100% of the time. The design is a nice enough concept, but that kind of ability with that speed stat is not going to happen. If you threw a Choice Scarf on it it would be unbeatable outside of extremely lucky misses and if something got the chance to either hit it with a Choice Banded Earthquake or got lucky twice in a row and got an opportunity to set up and get an attack off.

Maybe if that buff was more like a 20% bump up to 50% (which I still don't see happening), with it's HP and Defense stat's it could easily set up a Hone Claws (which it would obviously have with your description) which would just be silly.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I'd like to see various Pokemon introduced in this new generation and from the ones seen so far, I'm looking forward to seeing what all sorts of wonderful creations they can conjure up :3. Right now I would like to see evolutions for some weaker Pokemon such as Farfetch'd just to give it a little boost perhaps stat wise and maybe even a different typing! Although I do understand not every Pokemon can be a strong fighter, they're all special and unique in their own way.

And I'd also really like to see any sort of Pokemon with opposite typings like Grass/Fire, a much better Electric/Ground and the one I would most want to see is a Dark/Psychic, if that sort of Pokemon ever came around I'd definitely use it no matter what <3. Other than that for the longest time I've really wanted Lapras to evolve into something that closer resembles Nessie or the Loch Ness monster.

Lastly, a dolphin-like Pokemon that isn't purely water-type is something I'd also like to see. From memory I don't remember any water/psychic types so yes. And there are so many more sorts of Pokemon I'd like to see in this generation but then I'd waffle on for ages. :B

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
That is so ridiculously overpowered that it's definitely never going to happen. If something like this learned Hone Claws, it's OHKO moves would hit 100% of the time. The design is a nice enough concept, but that kind of ability with that speed stat is not going to happen. If you threw a Choice Scarf on it it would be unbeatable outside of extremely lucky misses and if something got the chance to either hit it with a Choice Banded Earthquake or got lucky twice in a row and got an opportunity to set up and get an attack off.

Maybe if that buff was more like a 20% bump up to 50% (which I still don't see happening), with it's HP and Defense stat's it could easily set up a Hone Claws (which it would obviously have with your description) which would just be silly.

FYI the OHKO moves have a fixed accuracy, so the accuracy can't be boosted with hone claws, it's ability changes the fixed accuracy to 70% to make up for its stupidly low attack (I wrote 80% by accident, 80% is TOO DAMN HIGH!). Although I do agree that it's defenses are too high, perhaps change the hp to 80, def to 75, and special def to 70.
Those defenses should make it fair because any ground move would definitely cripple it (if not faint it), and besides we all know how annoyingly inaccurate those 70% moves such as blizzard and thunder are now don't we? 70%? Pfft, more like 50%.
With all honesty, I don't believe its speed stat should be changed one bit, I believe it is fine the way it is. He is a speedy killer, but is screwed if he misses. That doesn't seem too overpowered if you ask me, since his pathetic attack stats restricts him to 70% accurate offensive moves which are still unreliable accuracy.

Years
50% accuracy for OHKO is already big enough so 80% ?? lol, no thanks!! And, to top it off, you give it such a very good defensive stats and a resisting typing.... No, just no.
Imo, that ability should never be added.

Back