• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you think there will be travel between regions?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It actually would make sense for it to be the train to goldenrod city... I would actually love that... Maybe that's were you get the fossil Pokemon of this generation and the past ones as well.
Since Goldenrod City is on a completely different continent based on real world locations, I'm going to say this has a 0% chance of happening. Besides, then they'd have to build both Johto and Kanto into the game. They won't do that.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Since Goldenrod City is on a completely different continent based on real world locations, I'm going to say this has a 0% chance of happening. Besides, then they'd have to build both Johto and Kanto into the game. They won't do that.

Cyclone

Saying it has a 0% chance of happening is a bit careless. You do know you're saying there's no way, no how, not any chance at all that the developers would contemplate having us visit another region again after the Kalos region.

Since there is a precedence for it occurring already (second generation) It's a bit of a careless assumption. They've thought it before, there's always the chance they could think it again. I don't think you have a case to say it has a 0% chance of happening.

It's not like we're talking about them introducing guns to the game.

I don't think we'll revisit an older region...but I also don't think it has a 0% chance of happening. Just a very very small one. Who knows what the developers are thinking sometimes.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Saying it has a 0% chance of happening is a bit careless. You do know you're saying there's no way, no how, not any chance at all that the developers would contemplate having us visit another region again after the Kalos region.

Since there is a precedence for it occurring already (second generation) It's a bit of a careless assumption. They've thought it before, there's always the chance they could think it again. I don't think you have a case to say it has a 0% chance of happening.

It's not like we're talking about them introducing guns to the game.

I don't think we'll revisit an older region...but I also don't think it has a 0% chance of happening. Just a very very small one. Who knows what the developers are thinking sometimes.
If we're going to talk about carelessness, let's consider the logic of what you are suggesting.

1. A train station. Nice concept, and it probably is some kind of train station, maybe even an abandoned train car or a local landmark (I seriously live near such a landmark where I am located). However, the idea that it will be connected through what would be a trip of some 5,000 or more miles? Absolutely no chance. Which brings me to the perceived destination.

2. Heading into Goldenrod. Goldenrod City is part of the Johto region. Johto is connected via Routes 26 and 27 to the Kanto region (in fact those are part of the Kanto region, with the starting home roughly 10 tiles from the border). It would be kind of weird and awkward to have to create blockades to cause one to be unable to get to certain areas (and someone with an Action Replay or somesuch, I guarantee, will wallwalk behind it to basically get stuck), and they will not remake TWO regions into the same game as the new region. There is absolutely NO chance they will do this.

3. Air travel? I'm not ruling out that Unova or another region could be connected by air somehow; however, since Hoenn remakes are due, this is unlikely.

4. Route numbers. Routes 2 and 3 have already been noted on screenshots with nice signs, a feature I really like in fact. If Johto and Kanto are connected, they cannot have Routes 2 and 3 used twice. For this reason, Unova also will not be connected as the Routes would have resumed starting at Route 24, etc.

So my theory is well-founded based on realistic expectations. Please do not come up to me and tell me I'm a careless fool, yes?

Cyclone

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
On the contrary, I feel like the only way to do any sort of travel to different regions from Kalos would either have be to air or by sea. With all the route resets it's obvious that they're at least far apart, and that any means of more common transportation (cars and trains for the most part) wouldn't make sense. I don't really see this happening currently, but it actually would be cool to travel in a plane to a different region. I mean, as much as I'd hate to visit Unova, you could land in Mistralton City and go from there.

But seriously, don't let that happen

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
As amazing as this would be, I highly doubt that it will. I don't know whether or not I want this to happen though as it could be the end of the Pokémon franchise and could be a last resort for them to make some cash.

Back