• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red: Mega Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Pokemon Fire Red: Mega Edition is a hack that I have started. Here are a list of features that I aim to achieve by the final version. If you would like to contribute please message me on the forums and I will tell you what programs you need to help me with. Obviously I cannot post a ROM on this forum and if anybody could tell me how to create a patch for FIRE RED (U) I would appreciate it.

Features in Green are done.
Features in Orange are between 25 and 75% done.
Features in Red are <25% done.
Features in Black have not been started.
This hack has barely begun development and more features may be added as time goes on.

FEATURES:
-Mega Evolutions for Generation I-III Pokemon.
-Johto and Hoenn Pokemon being rare encounters in the wild.
-Version Exclusive Pokemon no longer Version Exclusive.
-Areas that you can catch starter Pokemon in.
-Giving Gym Leaders Pokemon that are not in the Kanto Dex.
-Giving Elite 4 Pokemon that are not in the Kanto Dex
-Event Pokemon (Mew, Deoxys, Lugia, Ho-Oh) being available in normal gameplay.
-(If the assets exist) Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza available.
-Johto and Hoenn starters available in the Sevii Islands (4-7)
-Cinnabar gets a Volcano which contains a cave (Moltres) and the gym which requires the SECRETKEY.
-Burned Mansion gets slightly more backstory.
-Mewtwo and it's Megas becoming an integral part to the story.
-Team Rocket are going to be more violent and less like petty criminals. (Dialogue changing).
-Tohjo Falls. (Possibly leading to Johto, but I doubt it as the hack will get pretty sizeable)
-Giovanni can be found in a secret area in the Postgame with Ariana and a young Silver. All I will say is that it's in the Sevii Islands somewhere.
-Day/Night using a real time clock on your emulator (Won't work on hardware, obviously.)

So far there is not enough content to show some screenshots in game. As I do not have correct link permissions I cannot upload images. But there will be.

Among the new maps there are;
Charicific Valley - Between Celadon and Lavender on Route 8.(Charmander, Charmeleon, Magmar and Slugma)
Hidden Undergrowth - West of Viridian City. (Bulbasaur, Oddish, Paras and Wurmple)
Underground Lake - Mt. Moon, 1st Floor, Ladder in the Southwest. (Squirtle, Magikarp, Poliwag and Surskit)

STORY

Year:1976, Guyana, South America.
A team of scientists from Cinnabar Research Center are studying the flora and fauna of the South American jungle in the hopes of finding a new species. They do just that and come across the genetic ancestor of all Pokemon; Mew. They put Mew in captivity, they run extensive tests on the once rare and mythical creature, satisfied with the expedition, they headed home. Many attempts to clone Mew were made, and literally hundreds of thousands did not succeed, these became what is known today as a Ditto which rapidly multiplied and used their ability to change their genetic and cellular structure at will, they populated much of the world, thier favorite being abandoned buildings and empty caves. Eventually, the following year, the first clone was born and thus was christened Mewtwo. In the cloning program were clones of Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle and a little girl, the daughter of the Lead Researcher who died of a life threatening disease that has an incredibly minute chance of developing, only three cases of this disease ever being recorded in history. The cloning program was going along without a hitch, but none of them were waking up, and the higher-ups were worried that no progress was being made, the girl and the three Pokemon were all mentally linked, this allowed the scientists to monitor brainwaves interacting. But the girl and Pokemon all died before they even opened their eyes, and only Mewtwo remained. Extensive salary and budget slashes meant that the researchers were underpaid and overworked to fatigue, 2 actually died, and still, Mewtwo was asleep, forever haunted by the deaths of those whom he held dearest, those who understood him. One scientist, Blaine, realized that Mewtwo has insufficient DNA to carry out some basic mammalian processes, so he decided to take some of his own and inject it, directly into Mewtwo. Mewtwo remained asleep, until Feburary 1st, 1979, when his brainwaves suddenly began picking up, releasing a bolt of Psychic energy, destroying his containment tank. The team were ecstatic, they had finally come through with a live clone, success! The scientist explained to the highly intelligent Mewtwo that he was a clone, and his purpose was to be the key to power, the key to create 149 all powerful Pokemon that would dominate the world. Mewtwo was angered, he remembered Strange(Bulbasaur), Lizard(Charmander) and Kame(Squirtle). He remembered Alice. He remembered the pain. The unbearable pain of loneliness. He now had the stupid pain of knowing that he was not original, not unique, just a clone, merely a 'Mew 2.0'. With one Psychic attack, he killed the scientists and left, but tqo remained, Mr Fuji and Blaine. Angry at his human creators, Mewtwo left for only a place a brave(or suicidal) man could enter. Cerulean Cave.
Year:1995, Kanto Reigon, Japan.
You are a young trainer from Pallet Town, and it's just past your tenth birthday, which means it's time to receive a Pokemon from the leading authority on Pokemon, Professor Oak, who lives conveniently next door, with his grandchildren for whom he can never remember the names of. You look all over town, no sign of the old man. You decide to walk out of town to look if he is doing some field work, but Oak was in town the entire time! He says that you should have your own Pokemon for protection. He rushes you into the lab. You are given the choice of three Pokemon.
Bulbasaur,
Charmander,
or Squirtle.
All three have their strengths and weaknesses but your rival will always choose the one that is strong against yours!
Take the Pokemon League Challenge and become the Champion.

After becoming Pokemon League challenge, you disappear. You may be the trainer of legends, but nobody can find you. You have gone into secret training, to contend with the top Pokemon Masters.

SCREENSHOTS
6RSpyPX.png

Charicific Valley Springs.
zYjFo1x.png

Cinnabar Volcano (In the wrong place but whatever, let's just say it's a parasitic cone of the real one.)
jEvuwgS.png

Moltres inside the volcano.
cpZgwc9.png

Mount Moon at night, notice the second layer, it leads to Birth Island.
lYdCeZd.png

Starters now know their earliest STAB moves at Level 5. (Vine Whip, Ember and Bubble)
x6WEdOw.png

Seafoam Islands has snow, but it melts before it hits the ground, strange state of weather, eh?
DN7Siyx.png

Route 6 is now more marsh-y with rainy weather and storms.

UPDATES

UPDATE: NEW YEARS
+BANGTIDY! Released public V.1.01, please report any glitches you may find.
UPDATE: 1/1/15
+Added Day/Night system. Also Happy New Year.
+Added Story to the thread. Will be adding screenshots of the game soon.
-Removed Legendary Dogs/Cats/Whatevers being stationary, use VBALink if you want to trade them over. Same goes for the new evolution conditions.
+Added Screenshots to thread.
UPDATE: 31/12/14
+Added a cave in Vermilion that leads to Navel Rock. The Event Pokemon Objective is at 50% completion.
+Added a section to Mt.Moon that leads to Birth Island. The Event Pokemon Objective is at 75% completion.

DOWNLOADS
Beta 1.02
SOON. SOON.
Beta 1.01
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c44j5615i9cdncn/Pokemon_Fire_Red_-_Mega_Edition.ips

Last edited:

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
Years
Sounds good. I would recommend to add some new features to your hack, however. For example, I'm adding Johto to my hack. If you're new at this, it would be rather big to start with, but think of something unique. Another example, Pokémon Ultra Violet (created by LocksmithArmy) allows the player to catch their own starter Pokémon. This unique feature doesn't have to be big, but think of what you would like in a hack. I'm very sorry if you're not new at this at all...

I'd like to help you with something, but I'm kinda busy with my own hack this moment. If you need some more help at scripting, mapping, etc. just PM me, I'll be glad to help.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Thankyou for your offer.
I want to get this preliminary list out of the way first, then carry on.
I'm using a program called Gen III hacking suite, and I cannot seem to get the sprites to have the correct colours on them when I insert them because they end up wrong. (As in when I insert them the palette screws up0

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
Years
Thankyou for your offer.
I want to get this preliminary list out of the way first, then carry on.
I'm using a program called Gen III hacking suite, and I cannot seem to get the sprites to have the correct colours on them when I insert them because they end up wrong.

Did you index these sprites before inserting with G3HS? There are plenty of tutorials on indexing out there on the internet. But, since I really want to support this hack in some way, this is a tutorial on indexing.

You're welcome for the offer. I just want to contribute to this FRLG 'remake'.

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
You and I are pretty much doing.the same thing.. I'm also having an updated kanto and a remake of fire red with advanced stuff! :) good luck.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Thanks for the indexing help.
Also, ??? do you want to collab or what?
I wouldn't mind that but if you want to work alone the do that
edit:Why is this in ideas when it actually exists wtf

Last edited:

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Hey, nice screenshots! really thrilling! check your Visitor Messages :)

Years
No adfly yet.
Just as a warning, adfly links are banned from Pokécommunity, as are any alternative advertisement links, so just bear that in mind.

Why is this in ideas when it actually exists wtf
This thread currently fails to comply with Progressing Hacks' guidelines for a thread, nor the Hacks Showcase's. Please edit the OP to include the correct amount of valid screenshots first, then it will be moved to the appropriate section.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Done and done. Download link is up and 6 screenshots (All showcasing new/changed areas) are on the op.

Alex Night

Charmander Shepard
Years
Mega Charizard X tho? Seriously though, this is pretty cool and it would be interesting to see a Kanto game with Mega Evolution especially since I got spoiled by Pokemon Origins.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
Does this hack have the physical/special split or new moves? also I would recommend putting screens of the megas in game to see the sprites.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
The concept of megas in gen 3 is very cool!

However i don't see how it could be implemented properly without externsive ASM work (unless you did that, then kudos to you man!)

Some hacks just make the megas be regular evolutions, which i feel is a copout and defeating the whole point of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back