• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are you cool with getting older?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
good fucking luck getting me to admit my age in two years

Years
I don't mind ages, but no, I'm not cool with it. Schoolwork gets so damn harder ever damn year it's ridiculous.

pkmin3033

Well, I wouldn't exactly want to be a teenager again, but I don't really want to be middle-aged either...I really miss the days when all I had to worry about was getting my socks to match.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
NO I AM NOT COOL WITH THIS.

I mean strictly speaking I've been an "adult" for a few years now, but I guess I'm finding it hard to come to terms with how soon enough I'm not gonna be able to live the same wasteful self-indulgent life I've been living for... pretty much ever. I'm getting more and more aware that I (and most everyone around me) have to clean up my act a little and start living more like an actual adult with responsibilities and commitments and etc. that I'm not used to having. I dunno if I'm gonna like it - "growing up" and "moving on with life" are things which I've been crazy anxious about lately.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
yea i mean, i catch myself doubling back on my age having to confirm it by calculating current year - YOB. but lets be real im pretty much still a kid. i love playing games, procrastinating, spending time with my friends. that doesnt change. but now i have the responsibility of developing my career. which is cool too cause I am making a life for myself. and money and all that. i dont mind getting older. i would mind if i was dead-end doing nothing, though

Years
I don't have a problem with growing older. I have a problem with my achievements not growing along with my age.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
definitely not. I'm pretty scared of what's gonna happen after I get out of college, especially considering I've chosen to study English. but overall I've kind of decided that's a problem for future me, considering I'm 17 and don't have much to worry about At This Moment, so might as well relish in that until I can't any longer.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
As a teenager on the brink of finishing up in school, I'm very much looking forward to getting older. I see people talk to about all the things they have the ability to do that I can't yet, and it excites me everytime. Sure, I'll have problems too, more so than right now, probably, but I mean, it's cool. I most likely won't feel this way in another ten years or so so I might as well now. :P

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well, I wouldn't exactly want to be a teenager again, but I don't really want to be middle-aged either...I really miss the days when all I had to worry about was getting my socks to match.
Pretty much me.

I wouldn't wanna be a teenager and go through all that shit again, nor go through how unhappy I was during part of that time, and my early college years. I like my attitude and my freedom more the way it is now, but I also have always acted younger than I am. In that way, when I'm in my 30s, I think people will be wondering why I'm not acting like it as far as interests go. I know my friends and me don't intend to stop enjoying cosplay or conventions any time soon. lmfao

Though, really, "acting" a certain age is overrated, and sometimes I have to remind myself that in the grand scheme of things, when you're 20/30-something, you're still considered a kid by the older crowd.

Other than that, just telling people my age used to bother me, but it doesn't really anymore because I've mellowed personality-wise, and my level of responsibility is certainly not fitting for someone who's 18. In that those ways, I feel my age, and I wouldn't want to tell anyone I was way younger or anything - it wouldn't be convincing anyway, hahaha.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
Aging would be very natural, so getting older would be fine for me. Just to ask myself, does my mind looks like an adult or a childish kid?

Years
I don't mind getting old but it's gonna be hard to try and act my age. Maybe I will naturally mellow out, but then that bugs me too because I am really fun and I guess you can say childish too and I don't want to lose that. I never wanna just change my personality just because it's what people think is normal.

So in short yeah I would say I'm a little bit worried about getting older.

Last edited:
Years
I'll be 24 this year and I feel like I still have the mind of when I was only a couple of years into high school. The fact I have a tendency to be comedic makes me feel worried that people are setting expectations too high for me because they are expecting me to act my age. I actually do have a fear of growing old as well, because my mother will be 60 in a few years time and she's already getting greys and struggling to even get up or get around.

Her age is starting to catch up with her so badly that she's relying on me to do the grocery shopping, and at this rate I could see our household either switching to online shopping or me going to the store myself.

Bay

Years
For the most part no. As someone who is also almost in their thirties there are some aspects of my life/personality that some folks will think as if I don't take things seriously due to high exceptions like some people said. You then might compare yourself to others, like for instance someone your age is moving up the career ladder/married/having a family/etc, and if you didn't progress the same way then the anxiety will kick in.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
lol it's a mixture of scary/interesting. I remember when i was really young thinking, "I wonder what I'll be like as an adult..." This is so hard for me to explain, but I always saw adults as completely separate from children. But then when I myself went from a child to an adult it was an odd transition mentally. Being a child and being an adult weren't two separate things, but instead something that flowed into the other. You never actually stop being a child and you never really become an adult you just become a more mature version of the self you were originally... idk this is so hard to make sense of.

sometimes i'll have surreal moments and think, "wow im slowly marching to my death." lolol but whenever i look back at myself i cringe so hard so instead i like to think as i get older im just getting better

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
Seeing as how I'll be turning 25 this year, I feel a weird mixture of excitement and absolute dread of being able to say I'm only 5 years from 30. But realistically I know the ages 24, 25, and even 30 aren't actually "old" and I'm actually enjoying adulthood for the most part. I like the independence, I like having my own place, I like having more money to travel, things like that.

I guess it's just weird how fast it all seems to go. Sometimes being 16 feels like it was just yesterday rather than almost 9 years ago. I also dislike watching a lot of my friends branching off on different paths. I'm happy for them, but I miss spending time with them.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Depends on what we mean by "getting older". If it's like becoming an adult older, that's ok, and since I'm 23 I'm in the middle of dealing with that.

If we mean getting 50+ older, fuck no. Getting old is fucking terrible and no one should be looking forward to that.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Depends on what we mean by "getting older". If it's like becoming an adult older, that's ok, and since I'm 23 I'm in the middle of dealing with that.

If we mean getting 50+ older, fuck no. Getting old is fucking terrible and no one should be looking forward to that.

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
Years
HELL NO. I don't want to get old. ;o; I want to forever be a fangirl nutcase who swoons over Tom Hiddleston. *sob* I'm going to become one depressed ****ing old lady once I get there too...

I never thought I'd grow out of being a fangirl nutcase too back when I was in high school and my early years of college. But you do grow out of it and you find other hobbies and whatnot. :)

Back