• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2011
Is it possible to create new labels on advanced map?
Im hacking a fire red rom and when i create a new map it automatically is associated to an existent label. The problem is when i access to that map on game it gives the label name to it.

For example
I created a new map and it was associated to pallet town.
I also created a warp on route 6 to a garden (the map i created).
When i enter the garden by route 6, the name of it is pallet town.

Years
Hey guys. I'm trying to figure out how to edit (add) text that is shown when you use an attack. For example. When Dunsparce uses splash attack I want the text to say "Dunsparce use hyperbeam! What do you mean you don't know hyper beam? Dunsparce used splash" (I changed splash's name to hyper beam)

(im using fire red
Thanks!

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
Hey guys. I'm trying to figure out how to edit (add) text that is shown when you use an attack. For example. When Dunsparce uses splash attack I want the text to say "Dunsparce use hyperbeam! What do you mean you don't know hyper beam? Dunsparce used splash" (I changed splash's name to hyper beam)

(im using fire red
Thanks!

You mean changing "but nothing happened..." to "Dunsparce used Hyper Beam!" [...]? If yes then you have to find this text in hex editor.

1. Download Thingy32 and Hex Workshop (google it)
2. Make your "character set" (link: http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_FireRed_-_TBL) in TaBuLar (link: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/55/) and save as Thingy TBL.
3. Search in Thingy your text which is shown in game (I think it's "but nothing happened...). Capital and lowercase characters are IMPORTANT. If you have part of the text in new line then search only for part in the one line. (example:
"But nothing
happened"
so search only for "but nothing")
4. If Thingy finds your text in game, then look for your text offset (for example 403F4C).
5. Then write this offset in notepad and reverse it (so it will be 4C3F40).
6. Open Hex Workshop.
7. Search for your reversed offset (so try to find 4C3F40 - normally search for your offset). That's called pointer.
8. When you find pointer you have to write script in XSE:
Spoiler:

If the text is too long write "/n" instead of space. So it will be:
Dunsparce used/nHyper Beam! [...]
9. Then compile your script and copy offset (for example 80A0C0)
10. Then reverse it, so C0A080 and overwrite previous pointer to new (so if you have 4C3F40 then click 4C and write 80A0C0)
11. Enjoy your new text!

I hope it works :)
Sorry for my bad english...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
Hack tool to change trainer's pokemon, lvls, and moves?

Hi, I'm looking for a Fire Red/Leaf Green hack tool where I can just edit the trainers pokemon, what levels they are, and what moves they have.

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
This was helpful, but I wanted to add the text before he uses the attack. What you're speaking of wouldn't happen until after he uses the attack

Sorry but I think it's not possible to make that for only one attack...
MAYBE you can do it with ASM but I don't know

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
I've got a bit of a problem with my hack. I've only edited 2 scripts in the game. The script for prof. Oak in his lab and when he stops you from trying to leave Palette Town without a Pokemon. The first script gives you the National Dex and the second was only edited to change movements when you walk to the lab. Now, after you get the Pokedex anytime you speak to Oak, the game freezes.

Also (I'm not sure if this is related to the first problem) after leaving Virridian City and entering the building leading to Virridian Forest, if you try to head back to Virridian City the game will freeze at the bottom of route 2. The game lets you continue to Pewter City, on to Celadon and so forth, and you can back track to Pewter just fine. If you leave Virridian and enter Route 2, you can go back to Virridian just fine. It only freezes when you have entered the building leading to Virridian Forest and back track to route 2. Anyone have a clue where I should look for an error?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I've got a bit of a problem with my hack. I've only edited 2 scripts in the game. The script for prof. Oak in his lab and when he stops you from trying to leave Palette Town without a Pokemon. The first script gives you the National Dex and the second was only edited to change movements when you walk to the lab. Now, after you get the Pokedex anytime you speak to Oak, the game freezes.

Also (I'm not sure if this is related to the first problem) after leaving Virridian City and entering the building leading to Virridian Forest, if you try to head back to Virridian City the game will freeze at the bottom of route 2. The game lets you continue to Pewter City, on to Celadon and so forth, and you can back track to Pewter just fine. If you leave Virridian and enter Route 2, you can go back to Virridian just fine. It only freezes when you have entered the building leading to Virridian Forest and back track to route 2. Anyone have a clue where I should look for an error?

Did you repoint the scripts? It's possible the new (probably bigger) scripts over-wrote the other scripts. This would cause the game to crash when those scripts run.

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
I have a 1 little question :)

Where or how can i find the Sound effects in game like...
The Exclamation Point Sound,Battle Sound like ThunderBolt,Confusion and etc :)

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Years
I have a 1 little question :)

Where or how can i find the Sound effects in game like...
The Exclamation Point Sound,Battle Sound like ThunderBolt,Confusion and etc :)

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Best way (and the longest) is to find out manually.
Just create a random person event at the beginning of you're game with a small message script and including sound 0x??

The first sound starts at 0x0 and goes all the way to 0xFF.

It's long a tedious but at least you know what each sound is =]

Years
Branch evolutions

Hi. so im new at hacking. Can I make branch evolutions to a non branch evolution? for example can I add To the Bagon line an evolution with fire stone, that it evolves into Charizard. But if i dont use fire stone then it evolves into Salamence. I hope you understand what i mean

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
How would you make a time based event? For example: how could you put in a clock in FIRE RED? also how could you make an event depending on the date.

oh and im using XSE

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
How would you make a time based event? For example: how could you put in a clock in FIRE RED? also how could you make an event depending on the date.

oh and im using XSE
For an in-game clock or date/time system, you need an ASM hack.

You can't run scripts on a timer even with a clock installed into the game, but there are several ways to run them very frequently. (For example, using JPAN's walking script hack, or hacking the cmda6/walking-asm functionality.) Once your script is actually running, you should be able to check the time on the clock.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
Can anyone tell me the offset I should put into Advance- Map to change Proffessor Birch giving you the Pokedex to him giving you the Nationaldex? This would be for Emerald and help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
Can anyone tell me the offset I should put into Advance- Map to change Proffessor Birch giving you the Pokedex to him giving you the Nationaldex? This would be for Emerald and help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79817

Read the requirements of the post before using the tutorial. You have to script in order to enable the National dex, but it's easy stuff.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Hi, I'm looking for a Fire Red/Leaf Green hack tool where I can just edit the trainers pokemon, what levels they are, and what moves they have.
You should really search this stuff on Google. To edit Pokémon, trainers, Pokémon levels, etc. A-Trainer or PET would do the trick for you. Google 'em.

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2011
Hello all.

I started work on a Let's Play of Pokemon Crystal a little while ago (on VisualBoy Advance), and I was hoping to find an editor or whatever that would let me change the evolution requirements of pokemon that require trading (as I obvious can't evolve them otherwise). I'm not sure if editor is the correct term, but that should get the gist across. Do you have any suggests? As far as I can tell YAPE doesn't work on gen 2 games. Thanks!

I did a search for this, but being new to the forums I have no idea how well I did, but obviously my search was unsuccessful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back