• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Plot Bunny Thread

Is Fire Emblem: Conjoinst Souls something that you'd be interested in reading?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Skiatra

Noobin', LIKE A BOSS
Years
Sorry,I haven't read up on a lot of pokemon lore and all. The Prof is in Sinnoh, but the island(resting place of dark Arceus) is far off from the Hoenn region. Sorry for not explaining that. I used Hoenn because...I like Hoenn...And krantie is just a professor, not replacing the one already in Sinnoh.

PS Sorry I posted this in the wrong place

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Sorry,I haven't read up on a lot of pokemon lore and all.
Not a problem. Pokemon mythology is an interest of mine, so I tend to know more about that than useful things.

The Prof is in Sinnoh, but the island(resting place of dark Arceus) is far off from the Hoenn region. Sorry for not explaining that. I used Hoenn because...I like Hoenn...And krantie is just a professor, not replacing the one already in Sinnoh.
It makes sense to me that there would be more than one professor in a region. Each professor in canon studies different theories of the Pokemon species and world, so even though Rowan is focused on evolution, your original Professor Krantie can be focused on diseases that affect Pokemon (which is something that hasn't been explored much).

As for using Hoenn because you like Hoenn, it is fine to do so. You're just going to have to come up with an in-story reason as to why Dark Arceus is located there while Arceus is known in Sinnoh.

Years
I have another idea and it's inspired off the game, Super Princess Peach in a way.

Plot: When Palkia was in trouble, Dialga would always come to her rescue. Now, Ghetsis has kidnapped Dialga in effort to beat them both. With Dialga kidnapped, Palkia has to now be the active hero, however she isn't strong enough to beat Ghetsis or his robots nor is she confident enough in herself.

Fortunately, before the robot holding him can escape along with Ghetsis, Dialga throws to Palkia his Adamant Orb. This orb contains a little bit of his strength, which she can use along on her mission. (meaning Dialga lent Palkia some of his strength through the orb). However, Ghetsis sees the orb as a threat to his plan, so he uses a laser to break the orb, which the 4 pieces are scattered. While, she still holds the 5th piece.

tl;dra; Palkia, with the help of her team and their powers, has to find the pieces of the Adamant Orb to put the orb back together. Thus, giving her the power to defeat Ghetsis and rescue Dialga. However, Ghetsis arises again, only with a villian that requires not only the power of the Adamant Orb, but the power of Assistance, which Palkia needs Dialga's Roar of Time to defeat the villain.

thoughts?

Bay

Years
Gothitelle, quick question over your plot: Why use Ghetsis and not Cyrus? In canon Cyrus is the one that wants Dialga and Palkia while Ghetsis wanted Reshiram and Zekrom. I don't know, it's weird to me that Ghetsis would want Dalga.

Years
Gothitelle, quick question over your plot: Why use Ghetsis and not Cyrus? In canon Cyrus is the one that wants Dialga and Palkia while Ghetsis wanted Reshiram and Zekrom. I don't know, it's weird to me that Ghetsis would want Dialga.

Because in most of my stories, Ghetsis is the main villain. I use Cyrus and Zero for Reverse World related schemes.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Sadly that excuse won't hold up for readers - just because you like using Ghetsis, it doesn't mean that it makes sense for him to go for legendaries in another distant region to the one he is in, and in particular legendaries a different canon character (Cyrus) is very well known to be interested in unlike Ghetsis who is...well heck, he's not even that interested in the legendary Unova dragons - N was. Ghetsis was just more interested in manipulating N to control the world.

And why would he need the Adament Orb for his plans anyway/what are said plans in your story?

Years
Sadly that excuse won't hold up for readers - just because you like using Ghetsis, it doesn't mean that it makes sense for him to go for legendaries in another distant region to the one he is in, and in particular legendaries a different canon character (Cyrus) is very well known to be interested in unlike Ghetsis who is...well heck, he's not even that interested in the legendary Unova dragons - N was. Ghetsis was just more interested in manipulating N to control the world.

And why would he need the Adament Orb for his plans anyway/what are said plans in your story?

The characters in my fanverse are in one reigon.

About the Adamant Orb, Ghetsis doesn't need the orb. He sees Dialga handing it to Palkia, and that causes a threat to his plans because the orb has Dialga's lent strength. Which Palkia can easily defeat Ghetsis and his robots with it.

His plan was to kidnap Dialga to one) lure Palkia in to his base to defeat her and two) use his power to rule over time and rule the world.

Gigalith

Sturdy- Negates 1 hit KO's
Years

His plan was to kidnap Dialga to one) lure Palkia in to his base to defeat her and two) use his power to rule over time and rule the world.

What Gothitelle said about Ghetis taking over the world with Palkia and Girantina does have some truth to it.

In the game first time you walk on marvelous bridge you are greeted by the shadow triad who each give you an orb Adamant orb (Dialga) Lustrous orb (Palkia) and the Griseous orb (Girantina).He had them for some purpose which was most likely taking over the world or something.

Discussion on Marvelous bridge

"... ...You, huh."
"Ghetsis is gone. He went off somewhere alone after we rescued him from the castle."
"From the day Ghetsis saved our lives, we have sworn to be loyal to him. Even now, after he ordered us not to search for him."
"Also, Ghetsis said to give you this..."
Adamant Orb
"As well as this..."
Lustrous orb
"And this, also."
Griseous Orb
"Ghetsis... Where did he find these? What was he planning to do with them? Why did he give them to you? There's no way to know now. Is he testing you? Or...using you?"

As I said he wont just have them lying around his house the most logical purpose was to control the creation trio because they are the strongest legendaries (ability wise).

POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!! i guess...

Upon defeating Ghetis he clamis that
"I'm absolutely perfect! I AM PERFECTION! I am the perfect ruler of a perfect new world!"

perfect new world, he had planned to use the creation trio to make a perfect new world

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Not really a plot but just a vague idea I had in mind:

I was in the shower and thinking about the Mary Sue genre and just how hated it is. Then I thought what if there was a fanfic where the main character is a Mary Sue, a deliberate Mary Sue at that, and she seems annoyingly perfect, beautiful, very popular (maybe even famous in her school/workplace), etc. This can make her appear a bit arrogant to the reader but Mary Sue always tries to seem modest though it's not a sincere modesty.

But then she is removed from her comfort zone (dunno... natural disaster maybe? Character conflict? Loss of wealth/home? Not sure what the catalyst would be yet) and suddenly because of this she finds herself floundering and shows her weak, selfish and cowardly sides - her true self because her life was pretty cushy right up until that point she had grown used to this perfect goody-two-shoes persona she had developed, but it wasn't really her if you get what I mean? Because she lacked life experience. Then all the secondary characters start to see this too - those that liked her start to lose respect for her, those that didn't like her feel a sense of confirmation of their initial feelings towards her. On top of that other characters start to steal the limelight in areas that Mary Sue used to be popular in (I'm just using Mary Sue as a place-holder name for now, who knows it might even be a guy) and this kind of makes her turn a bit nasty. People start to hate her because she starts to reveal that she always thought herself better than everyone and the conclusion could be that she needs to accept that she has flaws and weaknesses like everyone else, and only when she accepts this will she find any contentment.

I need some advice on this idea, is it worth pursuing? Also does anybody have any ideas on how I could open it up without the reader thinking "Oh no, not another Mary Sue fic" and closing it before it's even gotten anywhere? Do you think it's wise to make it obvious that she is a Mary Sue so that the reader knows it's intentional? How can I hint in the beginning that she isn't going to stay a Mary Sue throughout the rest of the story?

Years
Another idea in the works and has been in my mind longer than the Palkia story.

Plot:I cannot think of an set evil plan on Ghetsis' end, but Gothitelle is pretty much a samurai on a mission to stop Ghetsis' hacking sceme and to get him before he defeats the master.

This is pretty much going to be a ninja story with some stoic elements and maybe hints of a one-sided crush on Gothitelle coming from a girl.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I had an idea for a Labyrinth/Neverending Story crossover.
Info: A Labyrinth/Neverending Story crossover. What if the underground was actually in the Fantasia world? After all, all we know about the underground is it's the underground, not where it's at, or what demenion it's in. A girl is destined to give the Childlike Empress a new name, but first must save the underground from the Nothing. And what happens when she falls in love with Jareth? The two must work together to save the underground and all of Fantasia. A JarethxOC story. And a possible older AtreyuxOC later on.

Also I saw people fusing Labyrinth/Neverending Story/The Dark Crystal together. A great fic title for this would be,"The NeverEnding Crystal LabyRinth".

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Pokemon Journeys: Agate and Lazuli

This story's intro has been previously posted in the Writer's Lounge.

Timothy and Erren have been best friends for three years since Timothy moved into "High Peak House", the uppermost house of Rebena Town (location wise). They frequently competed against each other in races, competitions and all sorts of challenges. They played with Pokemon dolls they had, having over 30 of them together, each of a different Pokemon from the Veniron region.

One day, the two friends decide to take a journey out onto Route One, where they see a mysterious trainer, in a thick black jacket, with the hood drawn, battling Pikchen. They watch the battle in awe, wondering when their time will come to be Pokemon trainers. Suddenly, the mysterious trainer notices them and runs, leaving the wild Pikchen behind. Both Timothy and Erren decide that they want to begin their Pokemon journey, and they take a visit to the local Professor.

You'll have to read the first chapter for more :D!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It's an interesting way to begin a trainer fic, I'll give you that, but...what is a Pikchen? I assume it's a fakemon and all, which are fine for fics to have, but I'll mention a few things about fakemon. Firstly - make sure they're well described in the story. People reading Pokemon fics tend to know what they look like, but with fakemon only you will know how they look like and all, so make sure to get across to the audience what they look like, how they act/do their attacks/other actions/etc. (I also advise against relying on pictures to do that - maybe fine as an additional thing in say author notes, but not within the story itself).

Furthermore, I suggest making sure your Fakemon's 'purpose' or whatnot isn't already served by a current real Pokemon. That is - if you say wanted to use a penguin Pokemon, why use a Fakemon when you have the likes of Delibird and Piplup's line to choose from? No point risking confusing the audience to make something that's already covered by the 600+ Pokemon that currently exist after all.

I feel this may be the case of Pikchen here - if it's say an evolution or related to Pikachu... I'll be wondering 'why' given it already has a pre-evolution and evolution. And if it isn't, then I wonder why it shares a notable part of the name with the most known Pokemon out there.

(Lastly, why would the mysterious trainer run from them - is this a plot point? Just asking, as there should be a reason for a trainer to run away from two kids).

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I wasn't 100% sure whether to reply to those questions here:

- Yeah, a Pikchen is a new Pokemon, only found in Veniron. It is a cousin of the Pikachu, sharing similar characteristics (but it's more of a rabbit than a mouse)

- Some of the Pokemon I create will be similar to current Pokemon, yes. I just wanted to create a whole Pokedex for my story, for a bit of an original take on Pokemon

- Yep, the trainer running is a plot point.

Thanks for replying and giving me this help!

Sinphony_#9

Inquisitive Trainer
Years
My Slash Fic Story Idea

Okay, I may get into trouble for writing this down, but if there is a problem, please inform me right away. This is a plot synopsis for a M/M slash fic, so if it doesn't belong here, tell me or don't read it.
Now, here's my story for a SceptileXQuagsire relationship:

The story starts with a flashback to a Treeko hunting down a Pokemon to a pond in Hoenn. The grass type gets stuck on a rock near the center of the water and can't swim his way back. He gets picked on by a group of Woopers; however, one of them feels sympathetic to the green-colored lizard and helps him get back to shore. Once on shore, the Treeko's trainer captures the water Pokemon, and both of them become best friends.
Now, cutting back to present day, our protagonists, both at their final evolutions, are in a double battle against a rivaling trainer. Despite the odds being against them, the Sceptile-and-Quagsire dynamic duo come out triumphantly.

Later, their trainer takes a break near a secluded waterfall and lets the two be by themselves. Both of them start playing in the water. The Quagsire contemplates deep feelings for his gecko friend; however, he believes that his companion doesn't share the same feelings towards him. He gets excited when he sees his friend's wet, scaled body gleaming in the sun. The giant, blue salamander gets out and scurries off somewhere to relieve himself. Now by himself, the plant lizard starts to play with himself. He doesn't realize, however, that on a bush-covered cliff nearby, a certain water-ground type witnesses him jerking off as he does the same. After the Sceptile is finished, he starts to hear some grunts and smacking noise coming from where the Quagsire is hiding. Concerned for his friend, he hones in on the origin of the disturbance. What he finds startles him, for he sees his blue friend's hand and face covered in "you know what". Afraid that their friendship is severed, the Quagsire runs pass the Sceptile in tears. The plant lizard tries to go after him, but due to his mental state, the amphibian spits mud at him, slowing him down.

He spots him diving into the darker area of the water and decides to descend into the unknown after him. He has become a better swimmer since he was a Treeko. Before he can resurface, his palm-tree-branch-like tail gets caught under some debris and struggles to breathe for some time. Before his vision darkens, he faintly sees a blob of blue mass coming after him.

Sceptile reawakens in a underground cavern under the waterfall. He notices the Water Fish Pokemon on top of him and gently wakes him up. The big salamander becomes sad and tells him that he was afraid to confess his love to him. He believes that they wouldn't be friends anymore. The Sceptile says to him that they will always be friends. To hit his point home, the grass-type lizard caresses his slick-skinned companion and deeply kisses him. *It gets sexually explicit from this point, so I'll say that they made sweet love.*

After doing their dirty deed, they resurface at the waterfall and rejoin with their trainer. Their lives have changed for the better or for worse.

Okay, that's the rough draft version of the story, so I need some great advice from the professionals. Thank you for your time.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Slash fics are allowed. But quite a few of your scenes are too explicit for PC's rules, and if you had posted your story without checking first, you would have been banned. Which means that the scenes where the two characters have more physical revelations about their relationship shouldn't be posted on PC.

Other than that, the plot line sounds like a lot of romance fics. The way they meet, growing up together, secretly developing feelings, the sudden revelation of love, and then proceeding to the physical end-all. It's just a plot that's been seen before.

Doesn't mean you can't write it. Just that you'll have to put in a little extra of yourself in there to make it different from what's been seen before.

Sinphony_#9

Inquisitive Trainer
Years
Improvement

Slash fics are allowed. But quite a few of your scenes are too explicit for PC's rules, and if you had posted your story without checking first, you would have been banned. Which means that the scenes where the two characters have more physical revelations about their relationship shouldn't be posted on PC.

Other than that, the plot line sounds like a lot of romance fics. The way they meet, growing up together, secretly developing feelings, the sudden revelation of love, and then proceeding to the physical end-all. It's just a plot that's been seen before.

Doesn't mean you can't write it. Just that you'll have to put in a little extra of yourself in there to make it different from what's been seen before.

I know it's your typical romance fic, so do you have any suggestions or know someone who can help me flesh out the story? Do you know any published romance short stories I can read to get my creative juices going?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I know it's your typical romance fic, so do you have any suggestions or know someone who can help me flesh out the story? Do you know any published romance short stories I can read to get my creative juices going?
For starters, you could not have the story end with the two being that ready to be completely physical with one another. They're just learning that the other is attracted to them. Never mind that the relationship is a male/male one, so the characters have to learn to accept that about themselves and each other. Then there's also the fact that Sceptile and Quaqsire aren't in the same egg group, so they have that going against their relationship. And the size difference, which would make it awkward for them to show affection to one another. (And maybe Sceptile would be afraid of hurting Quaqsire, since Quaqsire is 4x weak to Grass attacks.)

Take the time in the story to develop the relationship so that it's more believable. Spend the time on the back story and the characters' feelings/thoughts so the readers can understand why they feel the way they do about each other.

As for any particular romance fics, I can't really recommend any in particular. I stopped reading romance fics years ago. You can look through the romance fics for Pokemon on Fanfiction.net or take a look at the shipping fic forum on SPPf for some ideas.

Bay

Years
Yeah Sinphony_#9, going to have to agree with Astinus that the relationship with Sceptile and Quagsire seemed rushed. Like she said, take the time to develop their relationship. I have done a few romance fics and the biggest mistake I tend to do is rushing the relationship between the two characters. As I became more comfortable writing romance, I realized it's quite hard work to have the romance between the two character develop naturally. Heck, one particular pairing (not Pokemon) I'm writing now it took me two one shots and a short chaptered fic for me to establish their relationship and show how it's progressing. Pretty much I too will suggest looking over some Pokemon romance fics at FFnet and Serebii. If you want, I can help out with your story , though I'm not sure how well I'll give advice over romance between two Pokemon. XD Good luck!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Kind of a random question..
But do any of you ever try to roleplay with a friend to iron out plot points? I read it somewhere and I thought "Hmm.. I wonder if that's actually helpful.."
I don't know whether to consider it..

Thoughts?

Back