• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Going to an Anime convention and need advice~

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
Years
As you've heard, I'm going to an anime convention in october. I know what you think by the title, "hey you can't post that here! >:OOO" but I'm not posting it just to tell you this. I need some advice, perhaps for those who have gone to conventions before.

The one I'm going to is going to have Vic Mignogna and Steve Blum. I;ve never been to one before and I need advice one what to say to these guys, or what things they would say to me. I just want to have a good idea of what I should say and not pull the shyness trigger, like I always do. D:

So... any ideas?

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
Years
Is it the London MCM expo?
If so you'll see me there. If it is a cosplay expo, which is sounds like it is, just talk to people. Everyone is friendly.
If I can get along with people there, then anyone can.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Youmacon? :333333

I would recommend going to their site. If on that site, there are people wearing cosplay, then I recommend you do so as well. Besides, as long as you aren't a lone wolf, cosplay is unbelievably fun. Also, I'd check what panels they're doing on what days to decide when to go.

Soul Eater

Years
No. o_o It's in Phoenix Arizona.

Also, I'm not doing a cosplay. I don't have the money to spend hours on making one or to buy one online. D: I did think of doing a cheap cosplay of Misa Amane though.I mean my hair isn't blonde like hers and it's a bit curly but... I can pretty much get a skirt, corset like tank top, stripted black and white socks, fishnet wrist warmers and boots...

I plan on getting some cosplayers to talk to also. I'm really going because I want to see Vic Mignogna. I'm like a fan in just about everything he does. XD I've always wanted to meet him and... yeah.

But like, I'm just new at conventions, and I'm not sure about all the things that they have or stuff like that... D: The website doesn't explain much.

This is the website: http://www.sabotencon.com/

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
There are many, many videos of various events and panels at expos on YouTube- you could maybe check a few out to get an idea of what it's like? :3 A lot of them are hilarious, too. XD

Soul Eater

Years
There are many, many videos of various events and panels at expos on YouTube- you could maybe check a few out to get an idea of what it's like? :3 A lot of them are hilarious, too. XD

Oh, that I've done. XD I've been watching ones with Vic and Steve even before I found out there were coming here. XD

Anyway, I'm hoping my friend will go with me and she's been to others before so she'll be able to help me around and all that. <3333

What would be a good idea for a cute neko cosplay? I mean something that's quite cheap and I don't have to make. XD It should be pretty easy too because I thought maybe I could wear pajama bottoms or something too. I just need simple ideas that aren't costly and something I can put together from Wal-mart.

Back