• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
That's true...they should've used that line for the Fairy type if you ask me...of course it may not even be related to Pokémon.

Yeah, the introduction of the Fairy typing would have totally fit with that headline. I mean, it doesn't get much bigger than the intro of a new typing in these games. So chances are it's related to something else. :(

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Or maybe it's the fairy types strengths and weaknesses xD
Or maybe it's the rumored second forme of Mewtwo...

I'm so excited at the possibility of it having a second forme. I hope that turns out to be true. I still don't see why Mewtwo needed new formes, but at this point, they're gladly welcomed in my book.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm so excited at the possibility of it having a second forme. I hope that turns out to be true. I still don't see why Mewtwo needed new formes, but at this point, they're gladly welcomed in my book.
I agree, I love the new forme. Hopefully the other forme will look taller and less "soft" as Éclair forme Mewtwo looks somewhat like a child, so an "older" looking forme would be a nice contrast. Come on Mewtwo Y forme, come true!

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I agree, I love the new forme. Hopefully the other forme will look taller and less "soft" as Éclair forme Mewtwo looks somewhat like a child, so an "older" looking forme would be a nice contrast. Come on Mewtwo Y forme, come true!

The rumor on Pokebeach suggests that the forme that's been shown is resembling more of Mew, while the second one we haven't seen yet will resemble more Mewtwo. So I think it's a safe bet that you'll get what you want!

blue

gucci
Years
They're anticipating it to be the biggest news of the century which would imply that it's more groundbreaking than a new type? Difficult to tell really..

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They're anticipating it to be the biggest news of the century which would imply that it's more groundbreaking than a new type? Difficult to tell really..

Keep in mind...everytime they do this it isn't as big as they make it sound.

We got 5 new Pokemon. Next CoroCoro's "biggest news of the century" could be 7 new Pokemon instead.

I can see them adding/revealing more Pokemon next month. Possibly going over some features already revealed and more into the Pokemon revealed. All we know is that we're supposed to be getting new info.

Years
Or even better they could be 7 evolutions of past Pokémon, that'll definitely be "big" imo, not century big though but as I've said before it's likely an exaggeration even for them.

Years

Whatever it is I'm hoping for something big and maybe loads of new stuff! Maybe some evolutions of past-gen Pokemon? Elite Four and Champion? Maybe even more Fairy-types?

*fingers crossed for starter evolutions so everyone can make final decisions*

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It probably is the starters' evolutions honestly. It's pretty much the last big thing that people are hyped up about and expecting to see, which I guess would be pretty big news. Either that or it could just be big news in the sense that it's more than we got this issue, as Xander said. That, or we're just going to get thrown some huge curveball that none of us were ever expecting =P

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I dont like the idea of revealing the starters.I wish they remain secret until the last month at least.
I would love to see older Pokemon that will get evos/prevos revealed.(Come on Banette!)
It would also be ideal to know how we will transfer older Pokemon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I believe the "biggest scoop in the century" may be more info of Mewtwo's new forme in the game, since it'll be a month after the movie's release. Considering how much of a big deal Mewtwo's new forme is to the fandom, it makes sense.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
The names Inkay, Malimar and Pangoro are confirmed from the first batch of rumors which adds some credibility to them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Still not 100% sure on those rumors. Unless Patrice is Sycamore's first name (which, why would you leak the professor's first name and not last name?), then Patrice =/= Sycamore.

And the website and magazine scans said that Pangoro has a new way of evolving, but not Inkay. It would be weird to advertise "new ways of evolving!" but only mention one of the new Pokémon revealed so far does it. At least I think so--you'd lose out on potential hype.

There was always some truth to those rumors, but as we know already they aren't all true.

Years
They didn't even give away much for Pancham evolving, so maybe they're keeping the new methods a secret?

I hope you're right though and not all are true, as double type moves seem like too much...

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Definitely. I don't even care if Mewtwo gets another forme--but, similar with "what if they introduce another Eevee evolution later?," it would be very...weird to announce one forme at one time and then another forme later. And to give one forme a movie and neglect the other one is just silly.

And double-type attacks can't even really work. It still haunts my nightmares.

Anything else this guy says can be true--just no dual-typed attacks. It's absurd.

Back