The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
If that's the case then we'd probably be given a Grass Gym, perhaps also confirming that the Budew line is also back into the games (which I would personally love). Roselia is more associated with Grass than Poison in my opinion, so makes sense!
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:49 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I think it may be grass because as Jake says Roselia is more connected to Grass than Poison. I wonder if the inside will be that place that we saw in first trailer with the vines.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old May 15th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed

Well it's definitely a Gym, and I think grass because of the leaf extending from the symbol.
Old May 15th, 2013, 09:53 PM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
Copypasta coming through!

After the gym leaders all teamed up to help you in the previous game, I'd love to see more of the manga style, with the gym leaders all being evil and with a Dark gym leader already! Maybe a dual type of Fairy-Light/Dark gym.

I would love dual typing gyms being everywhere... If they did dual type gyms, however, I think the 8*2=16 would leave 1-2 types out unless there are more new types. If they did this I bet that the types left out would be Fairy-Light and Dark type meaning that Dark-type would be left by the evil team and Fairy-Light would be the Elite Four Champion's type.

Old May 15th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
A dark typed Gym is long overdue, i don't see why it should be E4 exclusive
Dual typed Gyms are an awesome idea, which would make things more challenging as well.

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:12 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
I think gym leader should hav single type pkmns but more difficult, like drizzle + swift swim... What would i like is that there should be 3 on 3 battle in which we have to choose any 3 pkmn fr battling. Nt like we have 6 pkmns and they have just 2.. That would be unfair
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:42 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
I think gym leader should hav single type pkmns but more difficult, like drizzle + swift swim... What would i like is that there should be 3 on 3 battle in which we have to choose any 3 pkmn fr battling. Nt like we have 6 pkmns and they have just 2.. That would be unfair
I also like the idea of using the same number of Pokemon. I would also like choices of which gym leader to fight instead of it being predetermined. Maybe they have a different team based on the number of badges you own.

Old May 16th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
You know what, I'd be surprised if they did include a Dark type gym.

Old May 16th, 2013, 04:10 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
3 on 3 battling for the win - it makes it way more difficult and tactical.

I don't know about having the choice of which gym to face though. Generally we're required to get a gym badge to be able to use a HM that's necessary to progress. If you can fight in whatever order or (as suggested way back) explore the entire region then go back and fight gym leaders it seems moot. You may as well remove the concept of gym leaders altogether then...

Though it always bugged me that the first gym leaders were always ridiculously weak, but I don't know how to counter that.

Deceased:

Old May 16th, 2013, 04:14 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliCliW View Post

I don't know about having the choice of which gym to face though. Generally we're required to get a gym badge to be able to use a HM that's necessary to progress. If you can fight in whatever order or (as suggested way back) explore the entire region then go back and fight gym leaders it seems moot. You may as well remove the concept of gym leaders altogether then...

Though it always bugged me that the first gym leaders were always ridiculously weak, but I don't know how to counter that.
Apparently HMs are replaced with natural abilities. If they made it so you don't do your first gym battle until later on then they could easily make it a challenge... Different routes leading to each town isn't abnormal... In the first games you had the ability to skip over gyms to your liking and do them out of order in a way. Maybe they could have more than 8 gyms where you could choose which of the eight you'd like to defeat to go to the elite four...

Old May 16th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

I'd like the option to choose what battle style to use against Gym Leaders out of Single, Double or Triple. I think having all one on one can become a little tedious, at least with Double and Triple more tactical planning is needed, more so for Triple battles and it would make Gym Battles a little extra challenging and rewarding.

Old May 16th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
:( That'd be really strong @ Drizzle + SS. If they did that it'd have to be the E4 or something, rather than just in any old gym lmao.
Old May 16th, 2013, 08:23 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Well only Politoad and Kyogre have Drizzle so it'll have to be a Politoad (I don't want them to give it to anyone else either). Also the strategy will be easy to break if one has a Pokémon that can set up sun to disrupt Drizzle...preferably a grass type so it can hopefully survive, so it can be done.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old May 16th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

I hope more of the Gyms use this type of theme for their music.

I really liked how they introduced vocals into the themes for Roxie and Elesa's gyms and the different instruments too.

Old May 16th, 2013, 06:43 PM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
I want the questionaire frm cinnabar to rtrn.
Old May 16th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliCliW View Post

I'd definitely love to see some more stuff with three-on-three battles like the Battle Tower. It makes for a much more interesting fight with a lot more strategy, but I guess I don't really see the Gyms implementing it. I mean, you can easily brute force your way through it, but a lot of people who are just playing through the main game don't really have strategies set up. It'd definitely be nice for maybe one Gym, but that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I'd like the option to choose what battle style to use against Gym Leaders out of Single, Double or Triple. I think having all one on one can become a little tedious, at least with Double and Triple more tactical planning is needed, more so for Triple battles and it would make Gym Battles a little extra challenging and rewarding.
I think having maybe more than one Gym having the gimmick of being a Double/Triple/Rotational battle would be nice, instead of just having the one. I mean, especially if they introduce the battle system in that generation, it'd make sense to use it more than once. Having the option for each Gym though is kind of iffy, but I guess it couldn't do much harm. They don't really have to create any additional leaders to do it, so why not?

Quote:
I hope more of the Gyms use this type of theme for their music.

I really liked how they introduced vocals into the themes for Roxie and Elesa's gyms and the different instruments too.
Agree completely.
Old May 16th, 2013, 11:43 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

I loved how each of the gyms had their own unique take on the gym theme.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:57 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Payne View Post
I loved how each of the gyms had their own unique take on the gym theme.
Same, I hope that feature makes a return.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:55 AM
MarinoKadame

I just hope the first gym will be a bit more difficult and not a waste of a good type with a battle that take less than 3min to do.
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:02 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
I just hope the first gym will be a bit more difficult and not a waste of a good type with a battle that take less than 3min to do.
It's the first gym, it's supposed to be easy (except for Cheren, he was unnaturally difficult for a first gym leader, it took me ages to even get to Virbank cause I kept losing to the guy, that's not how a Pokemon game should start.)

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:08 AM
MarinoKadame

The challenge mode should come back then.
Friend Safari: Water
Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
TSV: 2844
Friend list full but still open to trades.
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:15 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
It's the first gym, it's supposed to be easy (except for Cheren, he was unnaturally difficult for a first gym leader, it took me ages to even get to Virbank cause I kept losing to the guy, that's not how a Pokemon game should start.)
I agree that the first Gym shouldn't be too much of a challenge, and that Cheren was kind of ridiculous. I think GSC had it pretty well with Falkner. The Pokémon themselves weren't hard, but Mud Slap made it annoying is heck. You could take the hits and survive pretty easily, but it wasn't easy to get the KO either. Something like that would be ideal to me in the new games.
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:45 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

I hope they make use of the Gyroscope feature for one of the gyms, maybe tilting through a maze to reach the Gym Leader would make it a little more of a challenge.

Old May 27th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Quote:
I hope they make use of the Gyroscope feature for one of the gyms, maybe tilting through a maze to reach the Gym Leader would make it a little more of a challenge.
I actually really like this concept. I'd love to see a Rock gym where it was a boulder-dash type thing, where you're being chased by a giant boulder and you have to run around a maze with little niches to avoid them. Would be a fun way to navigate it. I could see it being like a downhill landslide kind of thing so you don't have to control your movement with the Dpad/Analog stick, just by tilting the 3DS around.

Sponsored Links