• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnfsf11

I'm not sure Cresselia would make an excellent starter, haha. But yeah something like Magnemite for instance. I totally think that could be interesting. Thing with genderless pokémon is that they are either legendary (or ~ish at least) or item-based. Such as Magnemite or Baltoy (from a clay doll). But they don't have to be items just because they are item-based. Hmm, does that new sword pokémon have gender?
99% sure it's genderless, I don't recall any non-animal Pokémon having 2 genders tbh.
But I was talking about starters anyway...

Years
99% sure it's genderless, I don't recall any non-animal Pokémon having 2 genders tbh.
But I was talking about starters anyway...

Spoiler:

Watch this video closely and in the scene where Honedge is battling Octillery, if you look on the bottom left (around 1:35 in the video) Honedge's details show its gender as male, so it's definitely confirmed to have genders, and most likely the very common 50-50 ratio of both male and female.

And remember, not every Pokemon with genders has to specifically be an animal.

tnfsf11

Watch this video closely and in the scene where Honedge is battling Octillery, if you look on the bottom left (around 1:35 in the video) Honedge's details show its gender as male, so it's definitely confirmed to have genders, and most likely the very common 50-50 ratio of both male and female.

This is literally news to me, I can now wish for the female Honedge to have a purple-ish design ^_^

Years
This is literally news to me, I can now wish for the female Honedge to have a purple-ish design ^_^

This has got me thinking, I wonder if 6th Gen's new Pokemon will have some gender differences shown. From what I recall 5th Gen only had three Pokemon with gender differences, two of which are part of the same evolution line. Every generation before then had quite a fair share of Pokemon with gender differences.

I remember someone mentioned they wanted Litleo's evolution to have gender difference so it would look like real-life lions where the males have way more hair than the females.

Years
Spoiler:

I think a sword having a gender affinity is a bit odd, but then we've seen other odd things like Koffing, Grimer have genders. Meh.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It has been done before, albeit with lots of status items.

Jikes, the patience of that player. Also, dat FLAIL. When used smartly or really relentlessly no pokémon is truly useless ;)

Years
Image that's bound to make you sad. Not my picture by the way.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh lord, that is sad. It took me some seconds to figure out why, but yeah. Too bad indeed.

While we're posting images and stuff:

tumblr_m2s9w5wK2j1r7sgoao1_500.png

Is this still true for you guys? It's totally true for me, haha. And most of the people I know, regardless of level of love for pokémon. (although not in English, of course)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Before we move away from images, that is.

Spoiler:

Yep, I ripped this from that BBS Magazine. Totally.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Yep, I ripped this from that BBS Magazine. Totally.
Haha, bobandbill will love you now ;D

Some things in pokémon really made more sense when it was a pixy game with non-realistic mechanics. And now then we try to modernize the franchise some things end up strange. Such as that, haha. But we generally accept that the pokémon world has a bit different moral compass than we do here. That might have been a weird English sentence but ugh.

I want to apologize for not posting much even in Pokémon General this month, btw. I'm on lower-activity-period due to studies and summer vacation and whatnot. :]

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
That Awkward Moment when MegaPokemon are Digimon

So Nintendo Claims to release mega Pokemon In Gen6 MegaMawille Megaheracross MegaBlaziken and So on..I mean Nintendo Must be running out of Ideas to Be Copying Digimon
I've Still got hope for R/S Remakes
Gen 6 Is going to be legendary

All I can say is Nintendo Is a ***** for Turning Pokemon Into Digimon

Years
that awkward moment where people start saying that pokemon copied digimon.

even though it came out first, this is the first day I have ever heard anyone saying pokemon copied. kinda funny. especially that ampharos warp digivolving fan gip

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
that awkward moment where people start saying that pokemon copied digimon.

even though it came out first, this is the first day I have ever heard anyone saying pokemon copied. kinda funny. especially that ampharos warp digivolving fan gip

I know that pokemon Came out first..I know that its waaay better..But Isnt mega evolutions a digimon thing?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Haha, bobandbill will love you now ;D

Some things in pokémon really made more sense when it was a pixy game with non-realistic mechanics. And now then we try to modernize the franchise some things end up strange. Such as that, haha. But we generally accept that the pokémon world has a bit different moral compass than we do here. That might have been a weird English sentence but ugh.

I want to apologize for not posting much even in Pokémon General this month, btw. I'm on lower-activity-period due to studies and summer vacation and whatnot. :]

omgsotrue
Pokémon isn't real! Now why don't those animal cruelty hijinks stop?
And also those "u liek pkmn? im nt ur frend anymre1!!" are getting a bit too nonsensational.

But I wonder how they think that a beast that is figuratively distorted is real?
And I also wonder how a spray can restored 560 of my Wailord's HP? Ambrosian spray? idk xD

Years
While we're at this discussion, let's throw in some Professor Oak memes.

Spoiler:

It's only a couple of the many, but they crack me up every time which is quite an accomplishment, because I'm not the one for displaying emotions.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@ Seattle, those are hilarious xD They poke fun, in a good way, at people who try to make pokémon make sense. It doesn't make sense and if you want to, say, write fanfiction or RP about it, you've got to at some point accept that. Or make your own headcanon.

ALSO get your captions into the CATERPIE I mean caption contest, folks! Last day~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back