• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
How far will the demo go? And is it more of a "test drive" to get us used to the game? Or actually part of the game...

As in are you going to redo the entire "demo" part later also?

BTW you got any videos of this game up yet? I want to see some of the features you have... and I also want to see the battle system. If possible of course

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I think they'll come once he's got the demo...I can't answer your questions though...

Hey Peeky and Pika!

How's the game going?

Hope with the -10 and below temperatures and inch upon inch of snow we're getting in Cumbria it hasn't wrecked anything important! :D

No, this was not a glorified bump...bumping is for fools who can't make up an elaborate message to hide their bumping xD

EDIT: Btw, you removed Chimecho from the pokédex, yet kept Chingling? I know the Politoed can't be caught as there're no Poliwag issue was brought up........but you can't stop things from evolving! Especially baby pokémon like Chingling!

If I were you...drop Chingling...nobody would notice if they weren't even in the game....

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Demo out 25/12/10
Just thought I would put a final reminder out there that the demo will be released on Christmas day, only five days away now! The demo will be a beta, and will most likely have a few errors. So far, there are a lot of errors in the battle system making it look messy, but it all works. The only game killing error is if you switch Pokémon around with a full party, so this will have to be done through a PC in a Poké Centre. Still, if anyone has any scripting knowledge in RMXP, I'd really appreciate your help. When I do release the demo, don't be surprised if I post it quite late in the day, it will be Christmas, after all.

Apart from releasing the demo, over on my deviantART page (http://peekychew.deviantart.com/) I'll be updating every single map. On here all of the screens will be updated too.

What happens next?
[COLOR=#00bf0]Well after the demo is released, and all bugs fixed, there are a few major changes I'd like to make to the game. The first is a change in screen resolution. Instead of the small standard GBA resolution it has now, it'll have a new modern 16:9 one. This'll allow the battles to look a lot nicer. Speaking of battles, I'll also be making some big changes to those. Anyone who has played Final Fantasy IV should expect a system quite similar to that, although it's going to take a lot of tweaking to make it all fair. Apart from this, small changes will be made, like animated trainer and Pokémon sprites, B/W style shadows inbattle and some kind of new menu system. There will be no changes to the tiles, this is the style the entire game is sticking to now.[/COLOR]

I haven't decided whether this will be how far the demo ever goes, and the game will be released in full after it, or if there should be a longer one. What do you guys think? Just so you know, the final finished game will be released in TBA 2012.

Comments
@The Cynic: Thanks. I hadn't actually thought of how they would affect the game, since when I started removing Pokémon, I just took away the ones didn't like. When the demo is released, I'll update the revised dex as well. Thanks again.

@Krysalist: Thank you.

@Tomackze: The demo will hopefully go through the first four town and three gyms. It is a part of the game, as none of the mapping/story events will change afterwards. But as you can see above, there will be a few UI/GUI and battle system changes. Once the demo is releaeed, and I've had the battle syatem errors fixed, there will be videos. And unlike other peoples games videos, they'll be pixel perfect quality, as no one else seems to know how to do it...

@Amore: Hey Amore. I think I've explained how the game is going pretty well up there xD
It actually got a little colder, but being snowed in allowed me a lot more time to work on the game. Without the snow, it might not have been finished in time! It was a purposeful bump, which is technically not a bump.
Yeah, that's an error on my part, it was removed like Chimecho, but someone how squeezed back in when I edited it last.

Years
Only good/ well designed game that is actually making a lot of progress...... :D Its hard to make a great pokemon game, so good effort really good, looking forward to this

toastier

da bomb. :)
Years
soo it's the day before the release of this demo, and i am PUMPED! i just found this thread like 5 minutes ago, and i am soo excited to try this game!
also, i LOVE the baby torkoal. that is probably the cutest fakemon i've evurr seen. like literally. i just wanna squish itt! :D

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
I wanna play I wanna play I wanna play I wanna play!

:D

Can't wait until Christmas really starts. ^_^

Years
Oh dear, it seems I'd almost forgotten about this thread.
Anyhow, I'm eagerly anticipating the demo (one reason why I'm up at 1:19 AM) and I bet it will be great.
Aquakip's sprites look amazing as well, although I'm not really digging the Pinsir/Scyther worm split-evo, to be honest.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
They're probably enjoying Christmas with their families and are gonna post it later on tonight.Everyone be patient.IT IS Christmas.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Shelfish kids :(
Peekys probally busy with Christmas and the such
Just wait, maybe later today, or tomarrow. stuff happens

The game looks good Peek'a (dont ask me..)
Cant wait to play :3
If I can, or decide to I should say. D:.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
Demo out 25/12/10
Just thought I would put a final reminder out there that the demo will be released on Christmas day, only five days away now! The demo will be a beta, and will most likely have a few errors. So far, there are a lot of errors in the battle system making it look messy, but it all works. The only game killing error is if you switch Pokémon around with a full party, so this will have to be done through a PC in a Poké Centre. Still, if anyone has any scripting knowledge in RMXP, I'd really appreciate your help. When I do release the demo, don't be surprised if I post it quite late in the day, it will be Christmas, after all.
Everyone stop spamming about the demo and learn to read....

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
Shelfish kids :(
Peekys probally busy with Christmas and the such
Just wait, maybe later today, or tomarrow. stuff happens

The game looks good Peek'a (dont ask me..)
Cant wait to play :3
If I can, or decide to I should say. D:.
Don't call anyone names, they have a right to ask, he promised it'd be out today.
Everyone stop spamming about the demo and learn to read....
They're not spamming, they're inquiring. You're spamming more that anyone here. Learn to read? They have, they got promised a demo, and not anything has been given.

Speaking of which, Peeky, you've done this agian. Don't promise something you can't deliver. You promised the demo ages ago and if you havn't done it by now. Don't promise anything do it in your own time.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Ok, first of all sorry to everyone who was expecting the demo yesterday. When I said I needed to go on to the computer, my mum said that I couldn't since it was Christmas day. Anyone who was stalking my profile will have noticed I was on a little yesterday, but it was on my iPhone, which then lost charge. Sadly, I couldn't recharge it and tell everyone since I use the usb cable which connects to the computer.

Anyway, I'm glad that everyone has been anticipating the demo so much and have been understanding that yesterday was Christmas (except for you, Ben.) and there was probably a good reason why I say anything.

The demo will not be released today. The reason for this is that two days ago two trojans infected my computer. I got rid of then and it all seemed fine but it seems they had left quite a lot of damage. Things weren't loading properly or fast enough (like firefox 4 which wouldn't work at all) so I had to do a system restore. Sadly the last restore point was on the 20th, meaning any progress done after that was lost permanently. The progress since then was quite a lot of eventing, and the fixing of a game killing error. Now all lost. So naturally, the demo will have to be delayed five days to make up for the time lost. I'm really sorry for this guys, but as you can see it was out of my control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back