• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon Deep Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
Years
In this land, youngster, there is an old story told by the elder people in the cities and towns. Long ago, a couple of centuries before we inhabited this land, the Gravinters lived here. The Gravinters were intelligent people, and possesed skills no-one else had around that time. Some of them even had magical powers, and everything in the Gravinter Lands was futuristic. Some say the Gravinters were partly Pokemon. The Lands were ruled by the three most intelligent people in the country: the Magisters. The Magisters were unbelievably smart and really curious. The land was even more futuristic than it is now.

The skill of the Gravinters, however, became lost forever, on that single, black day, five centuries ago...

pokemon_deep_balance_b020012112_by_p_sign-d4n8i9e.png

In 2008, I started "creating" Pokémon Fan-games. I was a beginning Rom-Hacker back then, practising with various aspects of editing the rom, from mapping to scripting. After 2 years of practise, I started my first "real" project, Pokémon FireRed 2: The Next Chapter. I got a big-enough fanbase back then, and I had enough motivation, to continue the project. I was convinced that one day, one day the hack would be completed. But, due to unforeseen circumstances, the first beta wasn't ever reached. A bug sortof "destroyed" the ROM, and I didn't have a clue on how to fix it. I took a break.

During that break, while doing my "DIR (Daily Internet Routine)", my eyes fell on a fangame, the not-so-unknown-fangame called Blue Chrome. It had many awesome features (I admit, in my opinion, some of the features are pointless, but the fact they are included says something about the skill of the scripter, and, it's possible, so why not?), I never thought were possible. It really drawed my attention, and I fell in love with the software needed to create this kind of games. RPG Maker XP.

I practised a few months with RPG Maker, and it wasn't that difficult at all to learn. Maybe that's due to my experience with Rom-Hacking, which is more complex in my opinion, but anyway, with the help of the members of the former PlanetDev I was ready for the real deal: creating a good fangame.

Pokémon Deep Balance isn't just the ordinary game we see all the time in the Game Development sections these days: this game is worked on by myself. No one else is developing this game. Just me. And, that's were this game shines, in my opinion. Everything is much more organised than other projects. Also, the game has, in my opinion, great graphics. Welcome to Pokémon Deep Balance.

STORY

"The three Magisters, Zekrun, Reshin and Kyuan, were conducting a new experiment. The Gravinter Lands were really modern, but they still didn't know an answer to questions as "How was the world created?". The Gravinters held on to their religion, but the Magisters didn't. They wanted to do an experiment, a deadly experiment, that could possibly destroy the whole planet, in order to know the truth about the world. The Magisters held a poll, so the people of the Gravinter Lands would decide whether the Magisters will do the experiment or not. However, this poll wasn't really useful, as half of the people voted "yes", and the other half voted "no". Zekrun wanted to do the experiment, but Reshin didn't, he was afraid of the consequences. There was only one person left, who didn't vote: The Magister Kyuan. He couldn't choose, and Reshin and Zekrun couldn't take it. They put many pressure on Kyuan, until Zekrun decided to just do the experiment, against Reshin's will. A massive explosion followed, and no-one knows what happened there, in the Magister Palace.

When the guards of the palace entered the room where the Magisters were, everything in the room was destroyed. The Magisters were never seen again.

Everything in the Lands later got killed: the machines they created themselves, started acting strange. Unable to control them, the Gravinter Lands became destroyed. Some of the people though, survived, and fled to the north. Their children came back to the former Gravinter Lands, and started rebuilding the Lands. Their children did to, and now, a few centuries after that, the Lands are known as our Archipelago: the Blavibe Islands."

You, a youngster from Machai Island, will travel through the Blavibe Archipelago in order to find your dad. However, this isn't just a simple disappearance. There is a lot more going on in the region. The past has had his influence on the little archipelago. But what? What happened to the three magisters?

FEATURES

An all new region for you to explore!

Interesting maps, full of secrets!
Three rivals, each with an unique team consisting of the best Pokémon to be found on the Blavibe Archipelago.
The classic 8 Gym Leaders, Elite 4 and a Champion "system", with new and exciting twists. Ever saw a Gym Leader becoming your rival and best friend? A Tournament-styled Pokémon League?
Black/White music!
Professional Graphics of a quality never seen in an official Pokémon game!
An unique storyline, full of plot twists and mysteries!
A Pokédex filled with 200 Pokémon from all generations, from Charmander to Luxray and from Mudkip to Hydreigon!
Downloadable content!

SCREENSHOTS

TEAM

P-Sign - Graphic Design, Storywriter, Eventer, Scripter, Mapper, Spriter, etc.

DOWNLOAD

VERSION: B020012112

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3f7qmh21jinqsb9

BUG FIXES

Bug fixes should be put in the installation folder. For example. if the game is installed to C:/Program Files/P-Sign/Pokémon Deep Balance, you should copy the .rgssad file to that folder. Replace the existing file, and the bug will be fixed.

B021012112:
http://www.mediafire.com/?uxz5oo1c7edpgyx
This fix gets rid of a small warp error in the Trainer Tower, some warp issues in Flocoa City and an error with a trainer battle.

CREDITS:

Tiles:

BoOmX-BiG
Ultimospriter
Peeky-Chew
DarkDragonn
Tyranitardark

Sprites:

Veekun

Audio:

Venom12

Scripts:

Poccil
FlameGuru
Maruno

NOTE: To enter a house (open a door) press the [A] button in front of the door!

Excuse me for the walls of text.

Last edited:

A Shian

Got It Memorized?
Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2013
Wow, this looks good. Are the battle sprites fully animated?

Years
It's actually already added :3
You just need to set out the frames in a certain way and set it up in the scripts.
I'll make an easier way at some point.

Anywhoo, nice job being the first person to make a game with my kit, it's all looking good :D

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Your mapping could definitely improve a bit more, everything seems so crowded. When making maps you need to focus on the gameplay and make sure it's easy for the player to walk through those maps.

Your grammar is another thing that could improve. Things like "I'm going to search my dad," and "Will you come back sometimes?" don't make much sense.

Other than that, I'm definitely looking forward to see some more updates.

pkmntrainerpaul

Years
Your mapping could definitely improve a bit more, everything seems so crowded. When making maps you need to focus on the gameplay and make sure it's easy for the player to walk through those maps.

Your grammar is another thing that could improve. Things like "I'm going to search my dad," and "Will you come back sometimes?" don't make much sense.

Other than that, I'm definitely looking forward to see some more updates.
Ok, I'll improve the maps and the grammar as soon as possible :)

And a small update:
Renekokkie sprited the overworlds and the backsprite of the fully evolved form of the starter in this game:
zolux_request_by_renekokkie-d3do8jb.png

He's now working on the basic form, and I'll post it when he's done :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
the starter pokemon looks like Luxray

Well no duh it looks like Luxray, it's got Luxray's head on Lucario's body with Zoroark's claws. It's not terrible, but I think you (or whoever your spriter is) could afford to make it look like less of an edit; change the head shape, maybe, or add spikes to the mane or something.

As for the game, it looks okay and it's got a cool name, which is always a plus. Your presentation could use some work though; at least break the post up with centering, underlining, and images. The first post is the first impression people have of your game, after all! Good luck. c:

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
Your game looks great, but one thing that bugs me is how it looks the character is standing on the grass not in it. I just thought I would point that out.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
It looks good, the screen shots are impressive. I think, however, that if you are going to use Fakemon, then you need to use original Fakemon instead of very obvious fusions lol. Keep it up!

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
i have a few comments
1- what you said about how you moved tp RMXP is exactly what happened to me, except i wasn't influenced by Blue Chrome, no offense Luke S.J, i was influenced by Shimmering emeral by CNG, that's in the first place, and was also influenced by garnet. and to tell you the truth, the screenies on this baby are even more to my liking and i am even more influenced, good luck amigo, this is turning out great !!

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
I just noticed something funny. Dialogue from one of the screen shots...

"Redwood: What are you going to do now?"

"PC: I'm going to search my dad"

lol. So is that a typo or am I taking it out of context?

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
hey, I'm a spriter and I'd be willing to sprite up your fakemon if you wish. I dont do fusions of existing pokemon, I make sprites from scratch, like this one
ibiphimredo.png

pkmntrainerpaul

Years
I just noticed something funny. Dialogue from one of the screen shots...

"Redwood: What are you going to do now?"

"PC: I'm going to search my dad"

lol. So is that a typo or am I taking it out of context?
*Shame on me* Sorry, I can't see the typo XD

hey, I'm a spriter and I'd be willing to sprite up your fakemon if you wish. I dont do fusions of existing pokemon, I make sprites from scratch, like this one
ibiphimredo.png
If you could re-do Zolux and it's pre-evo, in Black and White style, I'd be glad to accept you :D

Turtwig26

The Omniponent
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
I'm looking at your game and wondering. Are you a really good scripter, because I'm thinking about using CNG's kit for my game but I can't figure out how to add more attacks / pokemon. Also, where did you get the tileset? It looks like its from black / white

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Great Job! I'm looking forward to playing this, but could you possibly make some support banners?

pkmntrainerpaul

Years
A supporter bar:

[HERE GOES URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=248801][HERE GOES IMG]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/114/4/8/supporter_bar_by_pokemondeepbalance-d3dnt0v.png[/HERE GOES IMG][/HERE GOES URL]
All you'll have to do is remove all "HERE GOES".

Also, I'm thinking of changing the starter to Pawniard and Bisharp, instead of Zolio and Zolux. Opinions?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2014
Man this looks soo awesome makes me want to try CNGs starter kit too hey CNG how can i get your starter kit??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back