• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Default I need help with my TR team, wins only about 50% of the time

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2011
I have worked really hard on creating this team and I think I did a pretty good job seeing as this was my first attempt at this sort of team. Thing is is that it wins only half of the time. Scizors are my biggest challenge for this team or basically any priority punching pokemon. I will post the original members of the this team and lastly who I added in as test replacements. And as a side note all of the pokemon have the speed IV's at 0.

437.png

Ding Dong: Sassy Nature@Light Clay
Ability: Heatproof
EV's: 252HP/ 128 Def/ 128 SpD
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Explosion
- Trick Room

This is the first of the 3 trick room users on this team. I think its pretty obvious w/o a long winded description of why I have him as my lead trick room user. He is extremely bulky and can set up either Light Screen or Reflect as well as a Trick Room before being switched out.

531.png

Sloth: Relaxed Nature@Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 SpD
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Trick Room

My cleric and 2nd Trick Room user. I'm thinking of swapping toxic for either flamethrower or protect. But basically I send her out if I have more the one haxed pokemon as well as to set up a wish and obviously Trick Room. I'm sure either the EV's or the moveset can use some modification.

233.png

Cyber Duck: Quiet Nature@Eviolite
Ability: Download
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 SpA/ 6 Def
- Discharge
- Trick Room
- Tri Attack
- Recover

The last Trick Room user. I really enjoy using the move Tri Attack mainly because to me it is the only move that will allow it the most coverage plus it's a STAB move. I'm going to assume I can have a better move other then discharge but it's been working out pretty well so far. Recover and Trick Room are obvious.

217.png

Mama Bear: Brave Nature@Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 6 Def
- Facade
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

A very strong physical sweeper. Guts+Stab makes facade capable of a 1HKO on most pokemon. Crunch is for any ghost types that facade can't hit. Close combat is just a to have a powerful fighting move for poke weak to fighting. If im lucky and predict my opponent will set up I can possible get one swords dance, at this point I'm pretty sure another physical move would be best.

257.png

Winglet: Quiet Nature@Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EV's: 6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power Grass

An excellent mixed sweeper. Fire Blasy and Hi Jump Kick for strong STAB moves. Stone Edge and HP grass for good coverage.

462.png

Bang Zoom: Quiet Nature@Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EV's: 128 Def/ 252 SpA/ 128 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon

A bulky special attacker with thunderbolt and flash cannon as its main STAB moves. Tri attack for coverage and and HP fire to take care of scizors which as I mentioned in my intro doesn't always pull off well because of bullet punch.

Alternate Trick Room user in place of Audino
547.png

Bo-Peep: Relaxed Nature@Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EV's: 252 HP/ 6 Atk/ 252 Def
- Stun Spore
- Leech Seed
- Trick Room
- U-turn

Stun spore for the hax but i think paralysis negates the trick room effect meaning it allows paralyzed pokes to go first but I could be wrong. Either way I think that move is kind of useless now on this poke for this sort of team. The rest of the moves should be obvious.

Alternate Mixed Sweeper
604.png

OhmOfWatts: Quiet Nature@Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 Atk/ 6 Def/ 252 SpA
- Hidden Power Ice
- Flame Thrower
- Grass Knot
- Wild Charge

HP ice for dragons and grass types. Grass knot for ground types. Flamethrower for steels like scizor and wild charge for STAB.

Ok, so there you have it. Please if you offer any suggestions do so along with the reason for the change. I ask that you don't bash me because again this is my first attempt at this kind of team. I thank you all in advance for all your help :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Trick Room is a really difficult game plan to try to use. Offensive teams ravage it when Trick Room isn't up (and it's hard to keep up, with the fact that it's only 5 turns and the fact that your team is slow and they'll have to get hit before they can put up Trick Room). You also can't set up while you're in Trick Room because it's wasting valuable Trick Room turns, meaning you'll have a difficult time breaking stall. To put it bluntly, the reason why you're losing isn't you, really - it's the team style you're trying to play with. A Pokemon on a TR team generally has to be bulky enough to take a hit, powerful enough to one-shot things that can kill it, and slow enough to actually be able to use TR. It's... a really complicated build, and very few Pokemon can actually fit that mold. The most effective abuser of TR is most definitely Reuniclus - I'd suggest it on any and every TR team.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Quiet Nature (+SpA, -Spe)
Ability: Magic Guard
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast (necessary for Tyranitar on TR Reuniclus)
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

Another good abuser of TR is Escavalier; its Megahorn trucks literally everything except Skarmory, which you have Magnezone to eliminate.

Escavalier @ Choice Band
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spe)
Ability: Shell Armor / Swarm
- Megahorn
- Pursuit
- filler (Iron Head, Rock Smash, Return, etc.)

Lastly, a few other comments: Whimsicott would like Substitute so it can abuse Sub+Leech Seed. Taunt & Encore are great moves to help you get that Trick Room set up. Also! Remember that Prankster doesn't give Trick Room instant priority like it does with all the other priority moves - it just bumps it up a priority tier, putting it at the same level as Roar and Whirlwind. That's still better than nothing, but you still will need to be able to take a hit to set up TR. This makes Encore and Substitute much more useful, as they provide opportunities for you to set up TR.

Anyway, good luck with your team! Try these changes and then post with what you've thought of them so we can see if we can help you out more. ^o^

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2011
Trick Room is a really difficult game plan to try to use. Offensive teams ravage it when Trick Room isn't up (and it's hard to keep up, with the fact that it's only 5 turns and the fact that your team is slow and they'll have to get hit before they can put up Trick Room). You also can't set up while you're in Trick Room because it's wasting valuable Trick Room turns, meaning you'll have a difficult time breaking stall. To put it bluntly, the reason why you're losing isn't you, really - it's the team style you're trying to play with. A Pokemon on a TR team generally has to be bulky enough to take a hit, powerful enough to one-shot things that can kill it, and slow enough to actually be able to use TR. It's... a really complicated build, and very few Pokemon can actually fit that mold. The most effective abuser of TR is most definitely Reuniclus - I'd suggest it on any and every TR team.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Quiet Nature (+SpA, -Spe)
Ability: Magic Guard
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast (necessary for Tyranitar on TR Reuniclus)
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

Another good abuser of TR is Escavalier; its Megahorn trucks literally everything except Skarmory, which you have Magnezone to eliminate.

Escavalier @ Choice Band
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spe)
Ability: Shell Armor / Swarm
- Megahorn
- Pursuit

Lastly, a few other comments: Whimsicott would like Substitute so it can abuse Sub+Leech Seed. Taunt & Encore are great moves to help you get that Trick Room set up. Also! Remember that Prankster doesn't give Trick Room instant priority like it does with all the other priority moves - it just bumps it up a priority tier, putting it at the same level as Roar and Whirlwind. That's still better than nothing, but you still will need to be able to take a hit to set up TR. This makes Encore and Substitute much more useful, as they provide opportunities for you to set up TR.

Anyway, good luck with your team! Try these changes and then post with what you've thought of them so we can see if we can help you out more. ^o^

Thanks! That was awesome advice. I will definitely make the changes you suggested. I was also think of a Machamp with a priority move in a trick room. What do you think?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Thanks! That was awesome advice. I will definitely make the changes you suggested. I was also think of a Machamp with a priority move in a trick room. What do you think?

I think Conkeldurr would be able to pull that off better; he gets easy recovery in Drain Punch, STAB Priority in Mach Punch, and he's slower iirc.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
For Porygon2, Ice Beam is the better alternative because Discharge's relatively high paralysis rate is counterproductive with Trick Room. Ice Beam also provides coverage against Dragons, Landorus and Gliscor.

Tr Attack provides no coverage whatsoever on Magnezone. IMO, you should replace it with Volt Switch in case Magnezone is up against a Pokemon it has a hard time against, as long as it's not a Ground Pokemon. Move some EVs into HP so that it has better bulk.

CilanFan

The Champion of Champions!
Years
How come it says only 6 HP for your Blaziken O.O if its nt level 100 u should try making its HP go UP. If it is already just use that HP up item.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
How come it says only 6 HP for your Blaziken O.O if its nt level 100 u should try making its HP go UP. If it is already just use that HP up item.

Those are EVs, not stats - there is a big difference. We assume your stats are already maxed out.

besides, no legal Blaziken can only have 6 HP at level 100... or any level for that matter...

Back