• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✜// CHECKMATE (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Vieve Gotle

I'm not very good with machines so fiddling around with these is rather pointless. I know better than to give up because I don't want to disappoint Ricardo or anyone else for that matter. Hopefully, I can find somewhere to slide this large, red card slot thing. The sun is still blazing but luckily my Mom keeps shady spots all around the garden. Pastel, open umbrellas are sticking out of the ground around a oval, glass table which has three chairs around it. We, Gavin, Mom, and I would sit around it after school and discuss our day. That tradition died a long time ago but sometimes I wish, I wish I could relive my childhood. I need to be looking on the good side of things I let the past affect me way more than I should. Well, here's to finding this invisible slot this is way too difficult. At a steady pace I make my way to the weight machine to start searching for any crevices. Running my hands across the metal is a bad idea on a sunny day like today. I may have let some ouches out in pain though I guess I deserve this for not thinking about it. I must look like a wild child as I'm crawling around this machine on my knees looking high and low for something that's clearly not here. Giving up is my only option I don't even care to check the second one because it isn't worth my time. Having set the card on the table I quickly retrieve it and head up the stairs into my room. I will never get use to having a staircase to my room from the outside, it's just too weird. Plus, everyone in the world can peer into my room while I'm sleeping. I glance at my computer screen noticing a flashing light at the bottom of the screen which means I have conversations to check. Call it a gut feeling but since this other machine is so close to me I know I just have to check it again. I come to a stop right in front of green SBURB logo and see that there is a disc slot to down and to the left of it.

"Finally," I let out a sigh of relief because maybe we'll actually get someone now like home. I slide the red card into where it belongs then wait a few seconds to see if any lights swirl around me and send me to the real world. A few seconds pass, a few minutes yet nothing is happening this is just my luck.

Clicking on Candice's conversation because I just want to vent for a bit and she is always good at listening to what I have to say. Lately she's talking more than she ever has before which is great! I think that's thanks to me I'm slowly dragging here out of her shell. Next thing you know I'll be able to get her try on a dress!

-- archaicMiracle began pestering paintSplatter --
AM: Nah, it's fine...
AM: I gotta keep my cool here...
AM: although I'm not going to lie...
AM: I think I might believe in magic.
AM: But besides that, thanks for being here.
AM: And such a good friend.
AM: To return the gratitude, I will teach you the ways of skateboarding
AM: It's a bit....dirty, but it's fun.
AM: Anyway, that isn't the point.
AM: Vinnie destroyed my bathroom, so I slipped and got water soaked over me.
AM: As clumsy as that makes me sound.
AM: But it's going to be fixed soon.

PS: Skateboarding? That thing called balance I have none.
PS: How about you just thank me by wearing a lovely, pink dress?
PS: Oh, Vinnie. He's messy.
PS: I'm too embarrassed to talk to him.
PS: Also, I just shoved this red thing into one of those machines and nothing happened.
PS: What if I broke it? Or worse it became a bomb.

-- paintSplatter ceased pestering archaicMiracle --​

I get that butterfly feeling when I see Vinnie's name. It crazy because we already tried… I just don't know where it went wrong but it did. I can't fall for his sappy lines and charm anymore but as much as I say I won't, I will. Why am I discussing this still? Ohh, one of those new people actually responds the other not so much.

VB: True, we don't really know each other.
VB: But I know you will need to get to the Medium very soon,
VB: even though VC believes this bought you guys some time.
VB: And I know that we need you.
VB: And I will let you know that you need to open the Cruxtruder. The machine with the tube and screens. Use something heavy and bang the lid as hard as you can.
VB: Then, take a look up into the sky, girl. And see how SBURB really begins.
PS: Cruxtruder? Medium? What?
PS: You seem to know your stuff so I'll trust you this ONCE.
PS: Getting something heavy though…

Does s/he mean something heavy like a boulder? Mom has plenty of those in the front yard as decoration but I can't possibly lift them. Could I use shovel or something? Geeze, I'm not physically fit for this kind of demanding work. I toss my hands up in the air in defeat and that's when I notice my chain jiggle. I clasp my pendants then a smiles soars across my face as I'm having an idea. The green card I left to the right side on my desk will come in handy. Quickly snatching it up I make my way down to the Cruxtruder which is a mouth full to say or think for that matter. Flip-flops are not made for multiple trips up and down stairs this is why I need that escalator. Standing on the Cruxtruder to get into a good position to swing my axe but first I need it from this card. Can I just pull it out? I stare at the card before reaching toward it with my right hand. This is just plain weird whoever saw this was think I was absolutely crazy. Somehow I manage to do something right because it feels like I'm gripping the handle. I slowly set the card down on the machine with my other hand inside the card? I don't know it's strange as I said before. Bending over I do the same with my left hand as I did with my right. Bracing myself I tug firmly which delivers the axe to me but god it's heavy.

"Got it," I say as I 'm raising up the axe to slam it down on the lid. I'm not sure I can do it twice I hope it works the first time…

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
>> OPTIONAL SOUNDTRACK FOR THE NEXT POSTS: http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/unite-synchronization <<
>> PICTURE showing a CRUXITE DOWEL being carved in the TOTEM LATHE.
Yours is in the specific color of your character. (Red, Violet, Sky Blue or Slate Gray) <<

--
[S-HIGHLIGHT]VIEVE[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Your immense effort pays off. The axe does not hit with its sharp side because you are really bad with aiming still, but the heavy head bashes the lid off from the tube. It flies across the room as if it had been trying to get away on its own all this time. But something else also flies up, races around the room a couple of times and then comes to a stop in front of you, floating in the air expectantly.

((warning: epileptic light XD))
Spoiler:

It is large as a head and flashes in black, white and a violet color. If you try to touch it, it moves out of the way. It is impossible to reach. Yet, it follows you around, more like a curious puppy dog than as something that would like to hurt you. Nope, it really does not seem to want to hurt you. Other than your eyes with its blinking, perhaps.

Something else also happens. The black screens on each side of the Cruxtruder are no longer empty. They suddenly show a number, ticking down steadily from 9:00. 8:59, 8:58, 8:57... Whatever it is ticking down to, it will happen in little less than 9 minutes.

If you happen to look up into the sky, you will see something looking like an airplane zooming across the blue air. Leaving a very smoky trail behind. And seemingly getting bigger by the minute. Just in case you happen to look up, that is. Maybe you will not even do that yet.

You get pestered rather quickly.

PS: Cruxtruder? Medium? What?
PS: You seem to know your stuff so I'll trust you this ONCE.
PS: Getting something heavy though…

VB: Good.
VB: Don't be alarmed by the countdown.
VB: Or by the Kernelsprite, for that matter.
VB: It won't harm you so don't think about it for now.
VB: The most important thing now is to carve a Totem.
VB: Turn the handle on the Cruxtruder's tube and a Cruxite Dowel will pop up. Take it to the Totem Lathe, you know, the machine that you slid the Pre-Punched Card into earlier.
VB: When both a Punched Card and a Dowel are in place, the process will start automatically and a Totem will be carved.
VB: Here, this pic will show you.

-- viralBlaster sent doweltotem.png --
VB: Wait, I gotta do something to help your friend. brb

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Manage to carve a Cruxite Totem.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

--
[S-HIGHLIGHT]RICARDO[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Oh my. Gavin seems finished with his business. He tries to climb out from the bathroom's window... and now he is out, walking on the roof with a mix of relief and irritation on his face. If he interrupts or bothers Vieve now... well, somehow you feel that it is imperative that you keep her brother preoccupied or at least out of her way while she is dealing with Kernelsprites and Cruxite.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Distract Gavin Gostle in another creative way. ((You are allowed to bunny him for a while))[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

--
[S-HIGHLIGHT]CANDICE[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Vinnie's couch-maneuver works. The lid flies off as if it had tried to escape on its own all this time. But it quickly becomes obvious to you that it wasn't the lid itself. There was something underneath which now flies up, racing a few blindingly fast leaps around the air in the living room until it comes to a wobbly stop before you, hovering expectantly. If such a thing could be described as looking expectant.

((warning: epileptic light XD))
Spoiler:

It doesn't only flicker in black and white though; it also blinks in a sky blue color now and then. It's large as a head and if you try to touch it, it jumps aside. It follows you around but seems more like a playful (and flying) puppy than like something that wants to hurt you.

There's something else as well, though. The empty screens on each side of the Cruxtruder are no longer blank. Instead they display numbers... ticking down steadily from 10:00. 9:59, 9:58, 9:57... Yeah, it's pretty obvious that it counts time. Ten minutes to something.

And if you should happen to look up into the sky, you would probably see something resembling an airplane flying across the blueness of it. With a smoky trail behind. And it would seem to get larger by the second...

After a while, you get pestered by... hang on, another new name? And this person too seems bent on helping you as rapidly as they can.

-- cunningFrauder began pestering archaicMiracle --
CF: Hello, honey~
CF: You are so different! :}
CF: Well, anyways~ Since VC apparently has fallen asleep, I'm here to make sure you survive.
CF: That blinking thing is called the kernelsprite and its your new friend!
CF: There's some business you should do with the cruxtruder now, I guess. It's ticking down, you see?
CF: But the kernelsprite is more fun so let's focus on that~!
CF: You need to PROTOTYPE it now, honey. It's when you throw something at it and cause it to merge with that thing.
CF: Then the kernelsprite will turn into your new BEST friend~!
CF: But don't use anything too dangerous. Or too lame, for that matter. It's a fine balance!
CF: Actually, it's preferable to use something that resembles a living thing. Or used to be a living thing. Or even is a living thing, I guess.
CF: Come on, prototype it with something~

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Prototype your Kernelsprite. Once.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

--
[S-HIGHLIGHT]VINNIE[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Uh-oh. Tulio Greyson is coming home. He is walking up the path to the house on the front side... if he sees the mess inside, who knows what he will do? Maybe ground Candice forever and discard her internet privileges! And then you wouldn't be able to see what happens next in this weird game. It clearly seems imperative that you somehow distract Candice's father and make sure that he doesn't enter the house until Candice is done with the Kernelsprite business.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Distract Tulio Greyson in a creative way. ((You are allowed to bunny him for a while))[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Candice Greyson

The couch managed to work just like I hoped. I saw as the lid was sent flying off, bouncing against the walls and landing over my bed so loudly that I had to cover my ears. It was a miracle that the bed didn't break from the impact. The blinking light that came out of the lid was mesmerizing. It was some sort of light that bounced from wall to wall, as if full of energy. It wouldn't stop flickering between blue, white, and the occasional sky blue color. It was so beautiful. My eyes have never seen something like this. Watching as it playfully dashed around was a waste of time, but it was worth it. Suddenly, it slowed down, revealing it's sphere-like shape. Coming to a wobbly stop right in front of me, the epileptic lights were hypnotic.

"You're pretty cool," I managed to whisper out, my hand slowly reaching for the strange sphere of light. Right when I was about to touch it, the sphere quickly moved to the side. Blinking, I try to touch it once more, but it moved away from me again. Too curious to know how it felt like, I literally moved my hands around it, trying to get at least one touch. What ever it was, it kept avoiding my hands and refused to stay still.

"Gah, this is futile, what am I doing?"

I stop and stand up, glancing around. The opened lid caught my attention, wondering what could be inside...I mean, this cool sphere came out of it, so maybe there was something else inside too? Wanting to ease my curiosity, I walk over to the Cruxtruder. On my way there, I noticed that the screens now showed numbers. A bit surprised, I kneel down and stare at them. It was...a countdown? Oh woah, for what? So many questions, so little time. The main question was: what will happen once it reaches zero? From what I learned, it's always something bad, so I guess I have to hurry up. Vinnie should know about this, knowing that Veloci talks to him too.

When I turned around, I was a bit stunned to see that the flickering sphere was following me. I attempt to touch it once more, but it evaded me again. "Well, at least you'll stick around, right? You're amazing," I speak to it, wondering if it even understood me. This reminded me of that fairy-like thing in Zelda. Forgot what they call it, but they were small and can speak and stuff, but they were annoying. If it did speak, it better not be annoying like the that Zelda thing, or else I might as well know how Link feels. Speaking of which, that sphere suddenly zoomed past me and stopped by the window. It just floated there, blinking erratically. Ignoring it, I start to walk back to the computer. Before I sat down, the sphere suddenly blocks me and continues to blink erratically. The next second, it dashed for the window again, as if leading me there. Not having any other choice, I lazily get myself to the window. Looking out, everything seemed pretty good. The yard was green, the houses clean, the streets empty, the sky blue...wait, what was that on the sky?

"Oh great, an airplane on fire," was all I could guess from how small it was. Staring at the object that left a smoky trail somehow gave me a bit of...fear. Even worse, after switching glances between the object and floating sphere, I realized that the object was getting closer. It was then that the image of the countdown clicked in. The sphere...that airplane on fire wasn't here before the sphere came, so it was connected? The laptop suddenly beeped out a notification. Somebody was pestering me? Must be Vinnie I guess, who knows.

Getting myself on the laptop, the first thing I saw was the color pink. "Oh no. Why pink?!" I grimaced at the stranger. "I'll have to talk to Vieve about this soon." The chumhandle was unknown to me, making me wonder if it was one of Veloci's friends. Forcing myself to ignore the pink, which was hard by the way, I read what this person has to say.

-- cunningFrauder began pestering archaicMiracle --
CF: Hello, honey~
CF: You are so different! :}
CF: Well, anyways~ Since VC apparently has fallen asleep, I'm here to make sure you survive.
CF: That blinking thing is called the kernelsprite and its your new friend!
CF: There's some business you should do with the cruxtruder now, I guess. It's ticking down, you see?
CF: But the kernelsprite is more fun so let's focus on that~!
CF: You need to PROTOTYPE it now, honey. It's when you throw something at it and cause it to merge with that thing.
CF: Then the kernelsprite will turn into your new BEST friend~!
CF: But don't use anything too dangerous. Or too lame, for that matter. It's a fine balance!
CF: Actually, it's preferable to use something that resembles a living thing. Or used to be a living thing. Or even is a living thing, I guess.
CF: Come on, prototype it with something~

AM: Glad to know I'm different.
AM: A friend? It sure doesn't like being touched.
AM: And I guess I'll try out something I have right now to throw.
AM: Be back when I managed to throw something there.

With that said, I turn and immediately take out the wallet with the pink cards. I have the perfect candidate for this. Apparently what ever I throw at it, something will happen to the flickering sphere, so maybe if I throw something I know could be alive...like Mr. Fluffly. MR. FLUFFLY. PERFECT. Without hesitation, I follow the orders of some stranger I've never seen or talked to in my life and take out Mr. Fluffly from the pink card.

Lifting Mr.Fluffly, my eyes follow the path of the kernelsprite. It seemed very bouncy, and wouldn't stop dashing around. The countdown was already down to 7:43, which got me a bit worried. I'm wasting time here, all because I'm so slow. With my eyes on the target, I make a small dash and slap Mr.Fluffly against the kernelsprite. Jumping back to get some distance, unsure of what was going to happen, I look up and...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Jumping back to get some distance, unsure of what is going to happen, you look up and see how the blinking Kernelsprite - in a blinding flash of light - sucks up your dear Mr. Fluffy. When your eyes can see again, the Kernelsprite still blinks in black, white and sky blue, but it looks different. It's the same size but instead of just a floating ball, it now is a panda bear head, smiling gently towards you.

CF: Glad that you're different?
CF: Oh my, this will be more interesting than I thought :}
CF: Anyways, congratulations!
CF: It looks like you just created the fluffysprite~

It doesn't seem to be able to talk or make as much as a sound, though. Well, that's useful... not. But indeed, you have created the FLUFFYSPRITE. As such, the Kernelsprite now behaves a bit more calmly, almost overprotectively.

CF: I guess the fun is over, then, and we have to do the boring stuff.
CF: ... Or maybe we can spice things up a little first~! To make it more fun.
CF: Did you notice that thing smoking in the sky just now?
CF: If you take a look again, you will probably see that it's not only smoking. It's burning :}
CF: See, it's a meteor. And it's heading right towards you. About to go BOOM!
CF: Isn't it exciting~!?
CF: Do you want to live, Candice, honey? Do you want me to help you? :}

Oh.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I AM VINNIE, MASTER DISTRACTER!

Okay, so the lid flew off the cruxtruder and onto Candice's bed. And this glowing sky blu orb floats out. Candice started playing with it, and the whole time, I'm like Candice, stop messing with the orb. I mean, thats all I was thinking about. I couldn't even muster up a What is this orb, why is it here, what does it do? No. I take this orb for granted, and just accept it as the norm. I never do that. I freak out when I discover an NPC in Dark Souls I've never seen before. Like, OH GOD A NEW ENEMY I BET HE USES PYROMANCY IM GOING TO DIE AND LOSE MY SOULS!!!!. Not, "oh, an NPC." That probably doesn't make any sense. At all. Gah, I'm losing it. This like the end of that Stephen King book, where the guy talks about his genius brother who drives the entire human race into madness. What is that book called? I can't focus until I remember.

..........****. I can't remember it. So.....

I google it. "steven king short story about the guys genius brother" Misspelled "Stephen." First result: The end of the Whole Mess. Yeah, thats it.

" I have a Bobby his nayme is bruther and I theen I am dun riding and I have a bocks to put this into thats Bobby sd full of quiyet air to last a milyun yrz so gudboy gudboy everybrother, Im goin to stob gudboy bobby i love you it wuz not yor falt i love you forgiv yu love yu"

Jeez, thats what I sound like? God. That made me cry. I haven't cried since....yeah. Her. But this time wasn't that bad. I only cried for several minutes. Not because it was bad, but because it was sad, and I would probably end up like that at "The End of this Whole Mesa". Way to be theactical, Vinnie. STOP TALKING IN THE SECOND PERSON! Gah, I'm losing it broseph. Broseph? What am I, some metrosexual hipster? Keep it together, Vinnie. AGH- Oh, wait, Candice just did something. Her orb is now a panda bear head. Thats cute. Wait. What? Someone is in the front. Oh wait....Candice's...dad? Is coming up the walkway. Oh. If he sees the mess I made, he'll flip. And Candice will get grounded....I guess I should stop him before she gets in trouble. Or at least distract him until she finishes with SBURB madness. I scroll over to the kitchen. Nothing cool here. Wait, I've got a good feeling about Mr. Gryson's room.

I look in there. Score. Model cars, posters, and lots of knick knacks. Ugh. Lots of junk....why do Americans freak out about cars so much? They get you from place to place. Thats it. Cars do not "purr" or "sing" ....they drive. I should go into the- Wait, I got a new idea! I open the window, and send his posters flying out. The wind picks them up, and brings them right out front. Mr. Greyson sees his prized posessions flying away, and scurries off to catch them. Success! But I want more.....the model cars! I roll them all over the floor and under the bed, and into the hallway. Scattered everywhere. So now, when he comes back to hang his posters, he will have a mess to clean up too! Its the perfect crime.

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
RICARDO: Clean your Conscience

Somehow you're able to be Ricardo once again.

You let out a sigh. In front of your computer screen, you notice Vieve inserting the pre-punched card into the Totem Lathe. Unfortunately, nothing happens.

You see Vieve going back to her computer, and realizing that she doesn't seem to have any intention to hurry something nags at your conscience once again:
PS: First, tell me where my brother is.
PS: I need to know for peace of mind.
her brother!

You scroll towards the bathroom and stop. Damn, now you're starting to feel weird. You've been breaking Vieve and her family's privacy all morning, but the idea of looking into the bathroom now… even though its just to make sure of Gavin… I mean, Vieve's brother's well-being, makes you feel dirty… and slightly homophobic to be completely honest.

You decide to take a more… strategic approach:

First you check the bathroom's front door. The plant you set against the door seems to still be there, so he hasn't come out from that side…

Now you check the window, and much to your dismay, you notice a foot coming out.

"Oh no!" you think alarmed, realizing that a slip here would cause Gavin to fall and possibly break a bone or two if not die. Vieve would surely not be happy about that!

Acting quickly, you revise a small foothold under the window. You make sure to make it only big enough to give Gavin something to hold on to. You're still not sure how important Grist will be in the future of the game, but you sure as hell don't want to finish it right now, and you've almost used up all the Grist you got from destroying Vieve's wall!

You take a second to determine exactly how important Vieve's bedroom wall is to her before deciding not to test your luck.

As Gavin balances himself on the foothold you've just provided, he looks up and notices several other footholds he could use to reach the roof. He's pretty sure he's never seen these before, but he's also pretty sure his magazines are not supposed to be able to fly, so he simply uses them to climb up.

Suddenly you facepalm yourself. Hard.

The point of leading Gavin up into the roof was to avoid having him notice the new… backyard decorations you set, but from the roof, they'll be pretty simple to see anyways.

Noticing that Gavin has still not reached the roof, you take a second to revise a square hole into the roof above his room before covering it with a trapdoor.

Thankfully, Gavin's curiosity got the best of him, and he jumps down the trapdoor, into his room, before noticing that there is a wall where his door should have been, that his bed is on the other side of the room, that his "stash" is completely uncovered, and that there were now bars behind his window. Trapped!

He furrows his eyebrows concernedly as you smile knowingly at yourself, patting your own back… despite knowing that now you're surely running out of Grist.
PS: Third, some "viralBlaster" guy told me to tell you to get ready.
BE: Get ready for what?
BE: And what's that glowy thing behind you?
Unknown to you, you had just missed the most important step of SBURB. Therefore, you don't know what that glowing purple sphere is. You don't understand how to obtain it, or what to do with it. You completely have no idea that your teammate has a freaking axe for a weapon, and most ominously of all, you completely fail to notice the counter on the Cruxtruder, which now reads:
7:59

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Vieve Gotle

The axe works the first time and it causes the lid to fly off into the sky. I'm not sure where it's going to land probably the street in front of my house. I need to make sure that I start practicing with this axe if I ever want to get good at aiming it. A blur dashes pass me as if it's free from being in the device but I couldn't see what it is. I try to take a step forward then I remember I'm on a broken machine and that might not be the best idea. Plus, I'm still handing this heavy axe, which I'm not quite sure how to put back in the card. With a sigh I toss the axe down onto the grass hoping it would magically disappear into the card. Needless to say it doesn't and that's when I remember I need to get that green card. I look down to my feet that are way dirtier than they should be, thanks SBURB. Deciding to pick up the card then jump down from the machine is one of my brighter ideas of the day. Why isn't this day over with or would it never end? I rearrange my dress as I walk (three steps) over to my axe, which unsurprisingly didn't land very far away from the Cruxorsomething. Collapsing in the grass is not my idea of relaxing but neither is doing physical labor. Okay, so maybe I'm not that tired from swinging an axe once but today itself has just been taxing and stressful. I swipe/put/place the green card on my weapon of choice then detach the green pendant to return the card to its rightful place.

My personal space is broken by a rapidly blinking light that isn't shutting off. I only like it when it flashes a violet color the black and white isn't too appealing to me. I slowly stick my hand out to try and grab it to see if I can pull it closer but it darts out of reach. I'm standing up now because this thing is intriguing me and the grass is itchy. It's the size of about, well, my head except it's more spherical and moves a lot more. Has someone been feeding this thing energy drink, wait, what exactly is this thing? I'm beginning to learn not to ask so more questions and just go with it. It starts circling me, which I in turn try to keep up with it by spinning in a circle. Apparently this thing doesn't get dizzy but I do! I'm leaning on the Cruxorsomething for support when I see that its screens are on and my weight isn't on it but some kind of countdown. 8:57… 8:56… 8:55… What the hell is going on? A countdown to what? This thing is a bomb, isn't it? I decide to just run for the stairs even though if it is a bomb I am still dead. This thought doesn't stop me as I run as quickly as I can up the stairs and into my room.

Out of breathe and apparently almost out of time I hop on my computer to tell the others that I'm dead. First, I would curse 'til the heavens turn black at Ricardo for putting me in this mess. Next tell Candice that a black dress is going to be a requirement for my funeral. Vinnie is complicating because I'm not sure what I want to tell him so I'm just going to say bye. I start to type a message to Ricardo when I notice that viralBlaster person response is blinking.

VB: Good.
VB: Don't be alarmed by the countdown.
VB: Or by the Kernelsprite, for that matter.
VB: It won't harm you so don't think about it for now.
VB: The most important thing now is to carve a Totem.
VB: Turn the handle on the Cruxtruder's tube and a Cruxite Dowel will pop up. Take it to the Totem Lathe, you know, the machine that you slid the Pre-Punched Card into earlier.
VB: When both a Punched Card and a Dowel are in place, the process will start automatically and a Totem will be carved.
VB: Here, this pic will show you.

-- viralBlaster sent doweltotem.png --
VB: Wait, I gotta do something to help your friend. brb
PS: This is a lot to take in.
PS: Carve a Totem?
PS: Man, you couldn't tell me this before I ran up the stairs?
PS: Fine, fine.
PS: My friend? Which one? They're going through this?

S/He is in contact with one of my friends? That means Candice, right? I don't have time for this I have to carve a totem. I click on the picture to get a sense of what I'm suppose to do before I head down the stairs. The bright flashy thing is the Kernelsprite and the countdown isn't a bomb, gotcha. I notice that the Kernelsprite follows me wherever I go as it is currently floating behind me. I hope it's ready for another adventure because I sure am not. I make my way down to the Cruxtruder, what is this my fourth trip? Ricardo could've at least put them all in my living room so I don't have to walk very far. The flashing lights are going to give me a headache somehow I need to get it to stop. Stopping at the base of the Cruxtruder I turn around and swing out my hand to try to capture the Kernelsprite. It seems to have the reaction time of a God because it avoids my hand with no problem. I let out a sigh and got on the Cruxtruder to start turning the wheel. I start the process with a big turn and keep doing so until I see violet color block coming up from out of the tube. I'm starting to wonder why all of the things I receive are violet in color. There are the machines, Kernelsprite, and now this totem thing. I finish turning the wheel and grab the totem it isn't as heavy as I thought it would be.

"Come on, Kernel," I know that I don't even have to tell it to follow for it to but it feels like the right thing to do. The journey back to my room is the same as the last eight hundred times but with a totem thing. At the top of the stairs I notice the countdown, which viralBlaster said not to worry about but I couldn't help it. 7:54… 7:53…7:52… Whatever it's counting down to is something I don't want to be apart of. Entering my room I see Tiberius napping on the top of one of my plants but I just leave him there for now. I settle the totem into the Totem machine like the picture instructs me to and twist the wheel. Out of the corner of my eye I notice Tiberius jump from the plant onto the Kernelsprite! It's probably too busy paying attention to me and not to Tiberius but what happens if they are to make contact…?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
--
[S-HIGHLIGHT]VINNIE[/S-HIGHLIGHT]​

Success! Mr Greyson is truly annoyed and probably thinks that Candice is up to something. Maybe that wasn't a complete success. But at least it will take some time before he has finished gathering up his posters and barge inside. Only to see the mess there. Yeah, the diversion is a success.

--

You just trapped Vieve's twin brother in his own room. Feelings of fear are probably welling up inside him now. Either that, or he's just plain grumpy and decides to sit around not doing anything constructive for a while until someone explains this mess to him. So, mission successful. Let's hope that he doesn't peek up through the hole in the roof and sees the orange sky and the impending doom getting closer...

--
[S-HIGHLIGHT]VIEVE[/S-HIGHLIGHT]​

For some reason, it doesn't seem like the Kernelsprite wants to avoid a kitten jumping at it. Tiberius and the Kernelsprite collide in a blinding flash of light. When your eyes manage to see clearly again, the floating ball is no longer a floating ball. It's a hovering kitten's head. Still flashing in black, white and violet.

PS: This is a lot to take in.
PS: Carve a Totem?
PS: Man, you couldn't tell me this before I ran up the stairs?
PS: Fine, fine.
PS: My friend? Which one? They're going through this?

VB: I know it is. You'll get used to all the strangeness eventually.
VB: And no, you didn't have a computer downstairs.
VB: The tomboy. Candice.
VB: Chatting with the others will have to wait, though. Concentrate on me and Ricardo.
VB: Oh.
VB: You prototyped your sprite without my help. That's impressive.
VB: Congratulations. It seems you now have the Kittensprite.

Kittensprite? So this person knows the name of your friends, but not the name of your pets. Clearly, this is - if anything - the TIBERIUSPRITE. Merging the Kernelsprite with a kitten seems to have made it more playful.

VB: But this means that you are ready to go.
VB: Ready to enter the Medium. And don't try to refuse. Because you'll have to enter.
VB: Look up and you'll see why.

This time you do look up. Into the sky, not into your ceiling. And you see that the sky isn't as blue and calm anymore. A flaming inferno is falling down through the sky. Straight towards you. A meteor. The sky is turning into a creepy, orange color. It can't be more than a few minutes until the impact. Minutes... like the countdown on the Cruxtruder!

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Candice Greyson​

What I saw was some sort of magical thing. I'm not even joking this time, so different and vibrant...it was a FLUFFYSPRITE, or so I would call it since I combined Mr.Fluffy and that Sprite together. It looked not only adorable and irresistible, but so awesomely exciting. This was magic, I'm sure of it! I knew magic existed! I had to tell Vieve all about this!

It wasn't long until I got a notification from the computer. Maybe it was that same stranger pestering me. I forgot her name...hm, or I think it's a girl since the font is pink, but who knew. Maybe I should ask if it's a boy or girl? No, I'll just wait and see if the person ever mentions it. I prefer to play mind games anyway, like I did with Vieve, Ricardo, and Vinnie. Also, from the looks of it, she responded back right after I left. How did I not hear the notification? Guess the sprite really took over my mind there...

CF: Glad that you're different?
CF: Oh my, this will be more interesting than I thought :}
CF: Anyways, congratulations!
CF: It looks like you just created the fluffysprite~

There was more to read, but I looked at the sprite. It blinked erratically from sky blue, to black, and to white. A very amazing, spectacular, and beautiful sight. I couldn't get my eyes off of Mr. Fluffy when I had him as a doll...but he looked adorable the way he flashed so much! He can follow me everywhere! Like a real pet! I always wanted a pet too! This is going to be sooo cool! I managed to shake my head, trying to get back on track. Staring at the computer, I read the rest this person had for me.

CF: I guess the fun is over, then, and we have to do the boring stuff.
CF: ... Or maybe we can spice things up a little first~! To make it more fun.
CF: Did you notice that thing smoking in the sky just now?
CF: If you take a look again, you will probably see that it's not only smoking. It's burning :}
CF: See, it's a meteor. And it's heading right towards you. About to go BOOM!
CF: Isn't it exciting~!?
CF: Do you want to live, Candice, honey? Do you want me to help you? :}

AM: Fluffysprite?
AM: I thought the same thing...I know...Mr. Fluffy looks better as a sprite now.
AM: Boring stuff?
AM: I'm basically boring.
AM: A meteor???
AM: Well, I guess it wasn't a plane in smoke...but...a meteor..coming right at me...
AM: Oh yes, very exciting indeed.
AM: I am jumping up and down.
AM: But yes, I want to live.
AM: Please help me so that the meteor wont come any closer...
AM: Literally closer.

I decided to call this girl Frauder. It was her chumhandle, and it would make my way of thinking that much more fun. Besides, I really needed to get on with it. I also wanted to pester Vieve about Frauder, but right now I wanted to do anything so that...THAT METEOR will not hit home. Like, literally, crash here. Everything felt so unreal, so fake...but so good. Here I was a junkie for the paranormal stuff, ghosts, and even magic. Now I'm starting to think that magic exists, and a meteor is coming right at me. All I can do now is wait for Frauder's response and see what she orders me to do next. She's basically all I have now to survive...if it's a she. Oh, and also Vinnie. He probably knows more than I do right now.

Then it hit me. How did she know it was called Fluffysprite? How? Too curious to know, I get back on and ask Frauder. It seriously disturbed me...not sure if she'll respond, since I have no idea if they answer questions, but it's worth a try.

AM: How did you know it was a Fluffysprite anyway?
AM: Unless I said it out loud without knowing...

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Vieve Gotle

I almost let out a scream as I see Tiberius make contact with the Kernelsprite and for whatever reason it didn't move! A burst of light overcomes me making it so that I cannot see what's happening. I shut my eyes waiting for the brightness to dim down to a manageable level. Squinting open my eyes I see that the Kernelsprite is floating in front of me but it looks different. I rub my eyes to make sure I'm seeing this sight right. My Kernelsprite is now Tiberius but it's only Tiberius's head. What the hell? It's still blinking violet, white, and black but now it's cuter.

This is all too weird for me I need to hurry up and get this over with. In time I know that this is only going to get stranger than what I'm already experiencing. I wonder if Candice's in the same situation as me right now? I twist the totem a final time before handing back over to my computer hoping to get more information. Kernelsprite no I'm calling him Tiberius because it's less of a mouthful. I'm wondering if he is still alive and what exactly happen when they merged? Am I ever going to get Tiberius back to his normal self? What do I need to do to get him back to me in one piece? I hate this game. Okay, settling down is something I need to do. Right! Check those messages...

VB: I know it is. You'll get used to all the strangeness eventually.
VB: And no, you didn't have a computer downstairs.
VB: The tomboy. Candice.
VB: Chatting with the others will have to wait, though. Concentrate on me and Ricardo.
VB: Oh.
VB: You prototyped your sprite without my help. That's impressive.
VB: Congratulations. It seems you now have the Kittensprite.

PS: Candice…
PS: Don't you hurt her!
PS: His name is Tiberius. So, Tiberiusprite but that's a mouthful.

I see a message from Ricardo but like usual he hasn't given me the answers to what I want the most. The others knew how stubborn I could be when I want things my way and that's exactly what I'm going to be. That phrase "it's my way or the highway" comes into effect with me because I'm not one to mess around with. I prefer to be the nice, gentle Vieve but sometimes I turn into a female dog and that's fine with me.

BE: Get ready for what?
BE: And what's that glowy thing behind you?

PS: I'm not talking to you until I know where Gavin is.

Just then I get a playful nudge from Tiberius signaling he wants to do something or wants to be scratch. I shoo him away because frankly I have no time for either. I'm wondering if everything's okay with Vinnie and Candice but mostly Candice. I read the rest of the messages that Blaster sent, yeah, I'm calling him/her that for sure. I'm just going to assume it's a her because well because.

VB: But this means that you are ready to go.
VB: Ready to enter the Medium. And don't try to refuse. Because you'll have to enter.
VB: Look up and you'll see why.

PS: Medium? What are you talking about?
PS: Look up?

I look up but only see my ceiling but I then figure she up as in outside. I'm standing up quicker than I realize and get closer to the stairs. I peer up into the sky and am holding my breathe in the following seconds. There is something coming down like a fallen airplane and there is no way I could avoid it. This is fantastic just as I evade the bomb or rather what I think is a bomb I face another terror. I squint and squint trying to figure out exactly what this thing is? I'm figuring it's just a crashing plane but something tells me it's not. Is it an asteroid because that would totally make sense! Maybe it will grant me super powers or something. This is the only way I knew how to stay calm by cracking dumb jokes though I think they're pretty clever. Gavin always hates them but who cares what he thinks? If it's not at the bottom of a bottle he doesn't give two... Maybe I won't use that kind of language. Even though I dislike this particular hobby of his he was still my brother, my twin brother. I'm worrying about him even more since Ricardo hasn't made a response to my messages about him. Will SBURB take all of my friends and family leaving me lonely?

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Herp derp Imma frog

Well, at least I was doing my part well. Or was I? Candice didn't even have to tell me to distract Tulio. I did it all by myself. Man, I'm a genius. Anyway, I'm back in Candice's room. The glowing orb is just hanging out, and Candice is on her computer. Boooooring. Man, I knew I should have done client. Actually, no, I didn't. I wanted server from the start. I still want server. Man, I sound like one of those wackjobs with control issues. You know, like the ones on Law and order: SVU? God I hate that show. If you don't have enough game to get it bro, just deal with it. Not everyone is super fly and sexy, but seriously.

I sigh. Spinning my chair back and forth, I pull out my Rubik's cube. Since I'm kinda OCD, I take the rest of the yellow stickers off. Bam. New color--black. But now that side is all sticky.....

I get off my lazy butt and look around the room. There should be an old toy chest somewhere....ah ha! Found it, next to my old dresser. (Note: 'old' means from last year or so) After countless seconds of digging, I find my old Rubik's cube. Its a bit stiff, so I juice it up with my "cube lube". Lube.....what an awkward word for a product. Its American brand, so that's probably why. God, Americans are so weird and immature. This coming from me. Whatever. I do my Rubik's cube.

I started learning the different patterns and how they fit in, giving me the best point of attack. That alone shaved my solve time by a couple of seconds, bringing me to about a 24 second average. I practice a few times, and get a combination I've never ever forever seen before. This is slightly poetic, symbolizing the situation I'm in with SBURB. I was always good at making up bullcrap symbolism in Literature class. L'Estrange was the worst. That book was so depressing. But I got a lot of symbolism off that. "The revolver he uses can be seen as the toss of a coin, as a revolver is the prime choice in chance kills, like Russian Roulette. The toss of a coin further implies that everything is meaningless, and whether you live or die, kill or not, is up to pure, blind, fair, luck." I literally sold that sentence to a kid in my class to use on his test. I got 4 euros off that sh*t.

Frustrated, I scramble up my cube frantically. This is pretty boring. I decide to play with Candice's bear thing. I grab something--a sneaker, and toss it. The bear just ignores it. Apparently, only dogs like to play fetch. Maybe he needs to smell it? Vinnie, y u no smart? Its a magic orb thing, he can't sme--AAAAGH!!! GO AWAY YOU INSUFFERABLE SECOND PERSON!!!!! In my rage, I accidentally slide my mouse across the screen, grabbing and old toy from Candice's child hood, a rubik's cube of all things, colliding it with the pandasprite, I mean, fluffysprite. Oh, the irony.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
--

CF: Maybe you did, maybe you didn't.
CF: But seriously, honey, what else would you name that thing? ;}
CF: So over to the boring stuff. Stuff that will fit you, right?
CF: Turn the handle on the cruxtruder and some kind of round dowel will pop up. It's called cruxite.
CF: Then take the cruxite dowel to the... hm... the Totem Lathe, and clamp it stuck.
CF: And put down the pre-punched little card into the only slot where it seems to fit ;}
CF: And watch magic happen. A totem will be carved~!
CF: Oh, and don't worry about your dear papa. Vinnie made him busy~!

Well. Simple enough instructions. Unless the totem takes ages to lathe, you can maybe be magically saved from the meteor in time... Unless something unpredictable happens.

Then, something unpredictable happens.

A strong flash of light comes from Fluffysprite and when you turn around, you see that his appearance has changed. He suddenly starts turning his head around and around, changing colors and changing facial expressions every time, as if he is testing his new appearances out.

When he turns around and becomes a red face, Fluffysprite looks angry. When he twists up a blue face, he looks sad. A yellow face looks very happy and a green face has his usual calm and caring look. So it seems like Fluffysprite now has four different faces, but his head still only has one side and not four. He just twists his head around to change his mood. Still, he only blinks in white, black and sky blue; none of the new colors really shine out.

Apparently, someone just prototyped your Kernelsprite a second time. It wasn't you, so who could it have been? Hmmm?

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Extract a sky blue CRUXITE DOWEL and carve a TOTEM from it.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

--

You have managed to carve a TOTEM from a violet CRUXITE DOWEL. It's as rubbery and big as before, only with different shape. ((Like this))

VB: You saw the meteor?
VB: It will hit your house when the time on the Cruxtruder runs out. But don't worry. You will survive. And so will your brother, I presume.
VB: You only have a couple of minutes left. It should be enough though. But be efficient.
VB: Keep your cool. You are cool, I know it.
VB: Go down to the Alchemiter. The biggest machine. And put the Totem on the right spot. You'll see where.

The sky has lightened up in an even redder color. You can hear neighbors screaming, even. They must have spotted the meteor as well. It is big as a large airplane so, no wonder it's clearly visible in its reckless descent towards your neighborhood.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Use the ALCHEMITER. End your post there.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Candice Greyson

CF: Maybe you did, maybe you didn't.
CF: But seriously, honey, what else would you name that thing? ;}
CF: So over to the boring stuff. Stuff that will fit you, right?
CF: Turn the handle on the cruxtruder and some kind of round dowel will pop up. It's called cruxite.
CF: Then take the cruxite dowel to the... hm... the Totem Lathe, and clamp it stuck.
CF: And put down the pre-punched little card into the only slot where it seems to fit ;}
CF: And watch magic happen. A totem will be carved~!
CF: Oh, and don't worry about your dear papa. Vinnie made him busy~!

AM: Well, you have a point there.
AM: Oh great, my dear papa is sure in great hands.
AM: So I suppose I'll come back...again...once I do all that.
AM: So you believe in magic too?

Her response left me as confused as ever. So she loved playing with me that way then, eh? This is not boring person at all, and the way she spoke was sure fun...although her font color still gets to me from time to time, I managed to ignore it and focus on her orders. The fact she used the word "magic" got me curious for more, but I decided to get to action. Besides, the meteor was coming, and I seriously didn't want it impacting our house.

Walking over to the machine, the numbers that were displayed on the screens got me a bit worried. Once there, I placed my hands on the handle and started to turn it. Turning the handle was easier than I thought, since the dowel immediately popped right up. It was a sky blue color, the material somehow magical to me. As I shook my head to get my head out of the clouds, a strong flash did the job. Turning around, I witnessed Fluffysprite turning his head around and around. Horrified that the adorable teddy bear called Mr. Fluffy was doing something inhuman, not that he was human, somehow horrified me. My eyes followed as he seems to test out every expression that had it's own respective color to it. When ever it was red, he showed a very pissed face. Blue meant a very sad face, meanwhile the yellow face showed a very hyped up, or happy, Flufflysprite. His normal face was with the green face. After thinking of the four colors...green, red, blue, and yellow...something hit me. It reminded me a lot of the rubiks cube colors. Not wanting to think so much, I stared at the new Fluffysprite. Despite looking like a panda bear who needed to switch faces to change his mood, as if his head was a cube, he still looked as adorable and awesome as ever...maybe I exaggerated when I thought it would turn out to be a horrible idea.

"Okay, focus Candice," I pushed myself forward, lifting the dowel. Now for the Totem Lathe...I forgot which one it was. Apparently the one that had the slot to the card. The only one I got a good look at was the one in the bathroom, but I don't remember it having anything like a card slot. That only leaves me with the one left in the kitchen...

Rushing out my room and into the kitchen, this time I didn't slip on the water that somehow didn't dry up yet. In the kitchen, the huge, skinny, sky blue, two meters long machine proudly stood out from the rest. Suddenly, my arms give out. The cruxite dowel slams down into my right foot, making me yelp in pain. Jumping up and down with my right foot shaking back and forth in the air, somehow my hand grazed itself against the cerise charm, and out came a wallet. The dowel started to roll away, heading towards the machine. Not knowing whether it was going to break when it did hit the device, I make a dash and leap out towards it. Landing on top of it, I managed to stop it from colliding against the device. It was probably not going to break anyway, since it survived the fall and a huge teen slamming herself over it.

Putting it in a position so it wouldn't roll off, I take out the red card with the holes in it. With that on my left hand, I glance around for any card slot. It took me around five minutes until I finally found it, which happens to be right underneath my nose.

"I am awful at looking for stuff," I talk to myself, sliding the red card into the slot. Nothing happened...then I remembered that I had to clamp the dowel somewhere. Lifting the cruxite dowel, my eyes study the device to see how to do clamp it. I put the dowel down on the device and leave my left hand there so it wouldn't roll off. With my right hand, I start to slowly turn on the wheel. Since I was a girl with pretty weak hands, it takes me longer than five minutes to turn the thing. Wanting to get this over with, I let my left leg rest over the dowel and use both my hands to turn the wheel. Luckily, with only two turns or so, I clamped the dowel tight. Putting leg down, I let out a sigh of relief. I managed to finish it...and oh, I saw Mr.Fluffy's reflection on the device. Mr.Fluffy following me around makes me feel so good since I wasn't used to being followed around.

Now...for the magic to happen...

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Vieve Gotle

I'm frozen with fear because I'm just not sure what I should do! There is just so much stuff going on that I need to think over or not think about period. I take a few diagonal steps backwards to my bed and sit. My elbows rest upon my legs while my right, index finger twirls a strand of my hair. Tiberius is still floating beside me wanting attention but I don't care about him at this moment. There is a plane or some fallen space debris coming for my house. Well, I choose to start this game so I need to finish it like any normal person would. I can't leave Ricardo hanging who knows what would happen to him if I quit. Would the asteroid hit his house? I'm not taking that chance so I'll have to suck up my worries. Before I know it I'm standing then I sit down at the computer and take a large breath of air.

VB: You saw the meteor?
VB: It will hit your house when the time on the Cruxtruder runs out. But don't worry. You will survive. And so will your brother, I presume.
VB: You only have a couple of minutes left. It should be enough though. But be efficient.
VB: Keep your cool. You are cool, I know it.
VB: Go down to the Alchemiter. The biggest machine. And put the Totem on the right spot. You'll see where.

PS: It's a meteor?
PS: Well, that's good to know.
PS: We'll survive? Then what's the point of it hitting? That's dumb
PS: Totem to Alchemiter
PS: Also, I don't think I've said this yet but thanks.

I feel like thanking whomever this is is a good idea. Now, I need to take the lovely totem I just made to the weight machine. Leaving my spot at the computer vacant I take the necessary steps toward the totem. Before I grab it I inspect it to make sure it didn't turn into a bomb. In quick haste I snatch it up and go down the stairs to the bigger machine of the two. The totem looks like a vase now it's no longer spherical which I guess is a good thing. Now, where does this thing go? Oh right, she's crypt and just tells me, "you'll know where," as if!

The sky seems to be turning a red color, which I'm sure is going to freak people out. I want to tell them we're going to be all right but it's going to hard say. "Stop freaking out some girl from the Internet told me my broth—" Wait, she didn't say anything about the other people in my neighborhood just Gavin and myself. No, she just mentions Gavin because she knows I care about him the most. Right? These freak outs are going to stop now because I can keep my cool and nothing can phase me now. I manage to steer myself to the Alchemiter while having all these thoughts swirling around in my head. I'm just going to make an assumption and say that the totem didn't go in the middle of this thing. That's too easy for this game. Oh, there's this nice little spot where it will fit perfectly. How come I've never notice this before? I place the totem on what I think is the correct spot but you never know with this game. Looking up into the sky makes me start hoping whatever is coming really doesn't kill me.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
RICARDO: Get Bored

I stare into the screen, observing Vieve as she proceeds to freak out. Usually, I guess seeing people freak out would make me react in a similar manner. However Vieve seems to like doing this a lot, and I can't really bring myself to get excited over just any little thing unlike her apparently. Girls.

I honestly didn't know how skittish Vieve can be at times, although I guess this is not a "usual" situation for her. She stands, looks up, sits down… the girl can't seem to stay still, and just when I think this, she stays in her seat… of course.

Yawning, I stretch. I stayed up way too late last night, and now my body's cramping up and my bladder is begging me to go to the bathroom. So I oblige.

.​
Oh! I think as I get back, Vieve's playing around with some purple dowel now… LAME!

Finally, I decide to go mess with her brother, cracking a devious smile to myself.

Moving my viewpoint to the bathroom, I select Gavin's magazine with my cursor and maneuver it out through the window, up to the roof, and into Gavin's room.

Unbeknownst to me, this seems to grab Tiberiusprite's attention, and the skittish sprite leaves Vieve's room following the piece of educated literature… psyche!

Gavin, I mean, the kid who's name I'm oblivious to, is now laying on his bed holding his head and moaning. I don't quite understand that this is due to a horrible hangover, so I just assume he can handle some more of my shenanigans.

As I wave the Playboy issue around, Gavin begins to chase it in a distressed manner for the second time today. What's up with flying nudie magazines anyways?

I make Gavin do a couple of laps around his room, and he seems to be having a hard time dodging the mess I made there. This can't be nearly as fun to him as it is to me!

However, it also does seem pretty fun to the curious and playful Tiberiusprite, who dashes down from Gavin's roof's trapdoor, and at the magazine! A sudden flash of light blinds me for a second or two.

After rubbing my eyes back to health, I become amazed at the sight of Tiberiusprite, or should I say…

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

AM: Well, you have a point there.
AM: Oh great, my dear papa is sure in great hands.
AM: So I suppose I'll come back...again...once I do all that.
AM: So you believe in magic too?

CF: Magic?
CF: From what I've seen, magic is real and you'd better believe it ;}
CF: Oh, your kernelsprite got prototyped twice?
CF: That's... not good for you. But so much more fun for me~!
CF: And you have your totem. Now it's time for the real magic, honey :}
CF: Place the totem in the right spot on the... the Alchemiter.
CF: Before that meteor strikes, preferably. You only have a couple of minutes left, I think. Judging from the screams coming from your neighbors who have just realized that they are doomed~ ;}
CF: I can't hear them, no. But I can imagine. Oh, I can imagine~!~!! The sky turning red already? Must be immensely scary where you are now!!~~~

FLUFFYSPRITE's face switches rapidly between red and blue. He seems angry and sad at the same time. That probably means he is scared, because he has just looked out through a window.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Use the Alchemiter.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

--

Oh god what. What did you do. What... did... you... DO!? TIBERIUSPRITE disappears in a flash of light and Vieve's twin brother drops his jaw. Thankfully not literally. Before him now floats a cat's face that is undoubtedly still Tiberius, but it has got incredibly long eyelashes, some make up and pouting lips like a woman after plastic surgery. You should be happy that it has not got a body. Who knows that Gavin would do if he suddenly found a real life Catwoman blinking at him in his own room?

Tiberiusprite is obviously not a good name for this thing anymore. Genders are confusing... but he is hereby the transvestite PUSSYSPRITE.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Lean back and watch Vieve making magic or panic because of the meteor that is closing in on her neighborhood.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

--

The TOTEM is placed in the right spot and the ALCHEMITER buzzes into action. A mechanical arm comes down and seems to scan the TOTEM. With a buzzing noise, something starts to appear out of thin air on the big "weighing machine" platform.

It's a long clothes rack, filled with similar dresses in the same violet color. The rack itself is violet too, actually. They kind of go well together with the shimmering color of the Alchemiter. Everything around you seems to be wild violet in SBURB, for some reason.

PS: It's a meteor?
PS: Well, that's good to know.
PS: We'll survive? Then what's the point of it hitting? That's dumb
PS: Totem to Alchemiter
PS: Also, I don't think I've said this yet but thanks.

VB: Yes. I'm sorry.
VB: It's not here to kill you. It's... it's here to kill everything else but you. To make sure that you survive, in a way. There's no time to ponder it.
VB: Thanks? You're welcome. I guess.

That was written right after your response, while you were walking down the stairs into the garden to the ALCHEMITER. As the clothes rack appears, VB sends more messages that you may or may not read, since you aren't close to the computer and have very little time left. It's even getting hot in the air and the screams on the streets are doing nothing to calm you down.

VB: A clothes rack?
VB: Let me think.
VB: These cruxite artifacts are always tricky.
VB: My guess is you have to find the right dress somehow. Just grab it, is hopefully enough... if nothing happens then, you might have to tear it apart or put it on or something.
VB: You are almost out of time.
VB: Vieve...
VB: Please survive.
VB: :<

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Find the "right" dress. It will be enough.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Candice Greyson

All it did was carve into the cruxite dowel, making a very irregular shape. When it stopped spinning, and being carved into, my hands find the right place to press on. Lifting it up, I was caught off guard by the distant screams coming from the outside. Curious, I look out the window and almost drop the cruxite. There, in the sky, was the meteor. It was close enough for me to notice small details. The smoke, the red sky, and the neighbors shrieking and running amok in panic. Even Fluffysprite was going wild as he switched from blue to red. It was so close though, meaning my time was now limited and very short.

"Oh my-I have to go faster!" I tell myself. Now is the time to use that energy I saved up. All those years of skateboarding helped me stay in shape after all.

Sprinting across the hallway and jumping over the puddle of water, Fluffysprite followed me with ease. Entering my room, the timer on the device was nearing it's end. Not knowing what to do, I drop the cruxite and rush over to the laptop. As expected, Frauder responded once more.

CF: From what I've seen, magic is real and you'd better believe it ;}
CF: Oh, your kernelsprite got prototyped twice?
CF: That's... not good for you. But so much more fun for me~!
CF: And you have your totem. Now it's time for the real magic, honey :}
CF: Place the totem in the right spot on the... the Alchemiter.
CF: Before that meteor strikes, preferably. You only have a couple of minutes left, I think. Judging from the screams coming from your neighbors who have just realized that they are doomed~ ;}
CF: I can't hear them, no. But I can imagine. Oh, I can imagine~!~!! The sky turning red already? Must be immensely scary where you are now!!~~~

AM: Well, I do believe in magic...always have deep inside.
AM: How is it not good? Probably Vinnie's doing, since I didn't even know I still had that old Rubiks Cube...
AM: Very scary it is. I could hear their screams in the kitchen.
AM: And I'll do just that with the dowel.
AM: Be back.

Jumping off the chair, Fluffysprite's reactions only made me even more nervous. Without hesitating, I lift the dowel and dash towards the device right beside me. Desperately looking for the right spot to put it on, I put it on the biggest platform. Nothing happened, so I snatched the dowel and put it on the small, hopefully correct spot, and watch as Fluffysprite bounced everywhere in circles....

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
--
[S-HIGHLIGHT]CANDICE[/S-HIGHLIGHT]​

A mechanical arm comes down and seems to be scanning the CRUXITE TOTEM. The ALCHEMITER buzzes and something suddenly appears on the big platform. A huge, pale blue set of blocks stapled on one another in groups. To someone who often performs parkour, they are sure tempting to climb. Only someone skilled in jumping and climbing could probably reach the top block...

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Do what you feel inclined to do with your CRUXITE ARTEFACT. And hurry up.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Candice Greyson

What appeared before me was nothing I expected at all. On the big platform sat groups of sky blue blocks, stapled over one another. They were pretty high, and it was very tempting...it's been a while since I actually did Parkour, so I wouldn't mind trying to climb them all over again! No really, I wouldn't mind. Problem is, with the pressure of the meteor coming down, and my life at stake...I couldn't stop and think.

There was one block that was peculiar that sat at the tallest pile that caught my full attention. After a few seconds at staring at it, I had the urge to jump from pile to pile towards that peculiar block. Something about it just didn't stop nagging inside me. Wanting to fulfill the need, I climb to the big platform and stand by the piles. There wasn't much time left, so if I was going to go up there, it had to be now.

Stretching my legs and arms for a minute, Fluffysprite was blinking more and more irregular the more time passed by. In an instant, I let out a high jump and instantly started to climb. Jumping and climbing from block to block, the older days when ever I did this started to run across my head. The positive thoughts clashed with the pressure of the situation, making time pass much faster than I expected. In a minute, I reached the top of the pile. Outside my window I could see the ground start to get red, meaning that the sky should look on fire for the ground to reflect it. Horrified, I snatch the peculiar block and think about how to get back down. Fluffysprite was on the ground, but I couldn't jump while carrying the block, and I had no idea if throwing the block down was such a good idea. Instead, I focused on the items around me. My bed, which was hanging from the wall, wasn't that far away at all. Desperate, I make a faithful leap...the item in my left hand. Successfully getting across, but impacting the wall, a smile crossed my face at the accomplishment. It's been a long while since I felt that much adrenaline, until I realized the distance between the bed and the pile of blocks. It wasn't even that far away...so close that probably even Vieve could jump and land on my bed with safety. Face palming myself over the smile I just made over nothing, Fluffysprite suddenly appears beside me. His face switched so fast that I couldn't make out the colors without staring at him for a few seconds.

Hopping down my bed, I look at the block on my hand and then at the computer. Vieve has responded not too long ago, right? Wait, what am I thinking? My time is running out! I can respond to her after all this is over!

Curious if the block was made out of the same material as before, I suddenly do the unthinkable. I threw the block into the ground without a second thought. I blink at the action I just did.

"What did I just do."

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Vieve Gotle

The arm of the machine comes to life and it seems to look over the Totem. Well, at least I'm doing something right. I look at the center of the Alchemiter when out of nowhere comes a rack of clothing. Did SBURB want me to change my outfit? My dress is a little bit dirty but nothing that the washing machine can't fix. This is weird but what other choice do I have? Even though I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with these dresses but I might as well take at look at them.

"Ricardo? Any hints?" I'm watching the area around the Alchemiter to make sure Ricardo isn't trying to show me something. There isn't anything happening so I think I'm just going to go ahead. Wait, where was Tiberius? He'll come back sooner or later.

I take a giant step onto the weight machine to check out the dresses. If SBURB is replicating the same events for each player than Candice will not be very happy with these dresses. Candice's objection to dresses is one thing that I will never get. I sort through the dresses and notice that there are subtle differences between each dress. A fringe dress is the one that caught my attention it's simply stunning. It should go without saying by now that these dresses are violet. Even the rack, which holds the dresses, is violet! I'm not quite sure why everything around me in this game is violet but I 'm appreciating the consistency. Taking the dress from the rack I decide to sit down on the machine. Whatever is going to happen isn't going to kill me so sitting on this machine won't hurt me. The meteor seems to be super close as if it's almost going to hit right now. I'm too lazy to turn around and check how much time I officially have left. What happens after the meteor strikes down? Does it absorb me and Gavin?

"What the hell?"

A familiar flashing of lights hover over me, it's Tiberius. I open up my eyes all the way to watch the meteor fall but Tiberius invades my personal space. I normally would've let out a blood-curdling scream after I saw "his" appearance but for some reason it didn't phrase me. Staring at him didn't change his appearance even though I'm sort of praying he changes back. How does this happen? When Tiberius made contact with the Kernelsprite it transforms into Tiberiusprite. Ricardo is my one and only guess on this matter. He doesn't answer my questions but he messes up my Tiberiusprite, way to go but at least it isn't Gavin in the mix.

"Ricardo, you upset me"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back