• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Shoddy Battle Server: Weak Rules

NatureKeeper

As you see, I am twelve years old. I entered shoddy battle server. After a while, they are talking about drugs and addiction.

There should be rules for not saying overaged words or phrases, right?

Could this be fixed?

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
Are you refering to the PC shoddy battle server?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
loling

EDIT:

Seriously though just chill, there is nothing wrong with the current rules. I think you are over reacting tbh. :/

NatureKeeper

Are you refering to the PC shoddy battle server?

Why did I post it on Pokecommunity then?

The reason I joined the PC server that it is age-safe. Now this? We need control...

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2016
They have control. Your overreacting quite a bit here. If your not mature enough to hang around during those conversations, don't.

NatureKeeper

This is a pokecommunity sever, not Overage Hangout Battle Server.

I mean, c'mon. The community bans that here. Why don't we just add it there?

Anti

return of the king
Years
It was just joking. If you can't handle a lighthearted "discussion" about drugs (which wasn't even inappropriate lol), then you probably shouldn't be on the internet at all since that's the kind of stuff that happens. If you don't want to listen to it for whatever reason, you don't have to and you can come on later. But if you're saying that we should ban that stuff, it's not going to happen. It's not "overaged" at all.

NatureKeeper

Whatever happens, I just think that there should be at least agesafe rules..

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
They have control. Your overreacting quite a bit here. If your not mature enough to hang around during those conversations, don't.

My thoughts exactly.

We all go on there to have a casual chat, outside of the restrictions of the forums and be with friends, its all in good fun. If you think ours is bad (which it isnt, you are over reacting) then you want to see smogons/other servers i have been on, which has even more "lighthearted" discussions than ours does, even still its all in good fun and no harm is being done by it. So i really dont get your point.

Im thinking you arent mature enough yet ?

EDIT : What Anti said too.

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009

He's quite right actually. PC is meant to be age safe for all and the rules here should apply there too & some of the discussions are a little obscene sometimes.

Best advice is to just not take part in the conversations. However, I'd like to see a little more rule enforcement on the server too. I'm not bothered too much though.

NatureKeeper

We all go on there to have a casual chat, outside of the restrictions of the forums and be with friends, its all in good fun. If you think ours is bad (which it isnt, you are over reacting) then you want to see smogons/other servers i have been on, which has even more "lighthearted" discussions than ours does, even still its all in good fun and no harm is being done by it. So i really dont get your point.

Im thinking you arent mature enough yet ?

EDIT : What Anti said too.

He's quite right actually. PC is meant to be age safe for all and the rules here should apply there too & some of the discussions are a little obscene sometimes.

It's not about maturity. Again.

If you want drugs, go to wherelse.

PC is an age-friendly community. If it wasn't for me, younger people (7 to 9 years old) may get problems. That is it.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
It doesnt matter anyway since all the staff agree on the server that the rules arent going to be changed lol. So this should pretty much be locked.

What are you scared of talking about drugs for anyway (even thought it was a joke) ? Its not like you are gonna get addicted or something or get pressured into talking them, that is up to your own intelligence or lack of irl lol :/

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2016
It is about maturity. People younger than 12 come on the server sometimes, and they're fine with it. Also, the PC Shoddy server isn't PC. PC is age friendly, but the server may not be, depending on the topics that are currently being discussed.

Like many have said before me, if you it's too much for you, leave. It's all in good fun. Nothing is really dead serious.

NatureKeeper

It doesnt matter anyway since all the staff agree on the server that the rules arent going to be changed lol. So this should pretty much be locked.

What are you scared of talking about drugs for anyway (even thought it was a joke) ? Its not like you are gonna get adicted or something or get pressured into talking them, that is up to your own intelligence or lack of irl lol :/

Ok, fine.. I'll just ignore it..

And.. It has ended already.

I'll wish that it does not start again.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Whatever happens, I just think that there should be at least agesafe rules..

But they are age-safe >_>. I'm sorry that you can't handle somone saying "wow you sell drugs on the street corner" as a joke. Dear lord ~_~

Best advice is to just not take part in the conversations. However, I'd like to see a little more rule enforcement on the server too. I'm not bothered too much though.

If "no slightly inappropriate jokes" is not a rule, why would we enforce it (seeing as it does not exist)? And no, it's never going to be a rule because even 12-year-olds should be able to handle the mention of drugs. You can't censor everything, and we have no intention of changing our rules because the OP can't handle something that wasn't even inappropriate.

It's not about maturity. Again.

If you want drugs, go to wherelse.

PC is an age-friendly community. If it wasn't for me, younger people (7 to 9 years old) may get problems. That is it.

No idea where "wherelse" is ~_~

I'm going to say this for the last time. The rules are NOT going to change, and you're overreacting so much it isn't even funny. The server is pretty age-friendly. I'm sorry that you can't handle the mention of marijuana. It's not even a dig deal >_>

EDIT: Appears as though I'm late again, lol.

NatureKeeper

But they are age-safe >_>. I'm sorry that you can't handle somone saying "wow you sell drugs on the street corner" as a joke. Dear lord ~_~

If "no slightly inappropriate jokes" is not a rule, why would we enforce it (seeing as it does not exist)? And no, it's never going to be a rule because even 12-year-olds should be able to handle the mention of drugs. You can't censor everything, and we have no intention of changing our rules because the OP can't handle something that wasn't even inappropriate.

No idea where "wherelse" is ~_~

I'm going to say this for the last time. The rules are NOT going to change, and you're overreacting so much it isn't even funny. The server is pretty age-friendly. I'm sorry that you can't handle the mention of marijuana. It's not even a dig deal >_>

EDIT: Appears as though I'm late again, lol.

Ok, fine, it is over anyway..

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
If you do not like the PC Shoddy server, go to another server. Those who created the server spent a lot of time developing it, and it's rules. Truth be told, there won't be anywhere on the net that won't have these conversations spark. It's just small-talk. Nothing serious.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Just a little note: Don't most schools talk about drugs and being safe in like, elementary school? If you hear about it at THAT age, joking about it isn't a big deal...at all lol.

Back