• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn looked at the Rhyhorn with a little surprise. It looked very cared for and powerful. Zapper kinda waved a paw, saying hi. Sting nodded, while Cacnea peeked out from behind Shawn's leg. "What a great pokemon," Shawn replied, seeing how Alex cared for it.

Shawn stood, thinking about where to go next. He wanted to round out his team with a few different types at his beck and call, but didn't want to leave his friends behind. He wondered, also, how tough their pokemon were compared to him. Where he might find a battle easy, Alex or Kiki may struggle, and he didn't want that.

"I think there's plenty pokemon for us to go around. Where do we want to try to find some first?" Shawn asked, excited to be starting a journey with some friends instead of by himself.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Kiki

"Over there!" Kiki said, pointing randomly. The Rhyhorn had been very immpressive. But she had other things on her mind. Like getting the terrible taste of that poffin out of her mouth, chasing butterfree, and searching for pokemon. Preferably in that order! Along with her friends! Shawn and Alex were awesome! With that she began walking the direction she had pointed. She paused, seeing the starly chirp at her and grinned.

"Cynder! Tackle!" she said. Cynder leapt off of her head at the bird, who took off anf flew away, chirping cheekily at her.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Academy Grounds]

Tristen shifted her weight as Gabriel continued to crawl across her shoulders, almost getting himself tangled in her long white hair. "Time seems to go very slowly here, but then again, I suppose that depends on the person."

It was true that her time here had seemed to go by at a snail's pace; being forced to attend a school you didn't find quite necessary didn't help things either. Getting dumped on the island on Thanksgiving, for heaven's sake, was hardly fair to her.

"I'm pretty good at directions. The layout of the island is pretty straightforward, even though I haven't gotten around to exploring much of it yet," Tristen rubbed her eyes with one hand, "and I'll admit that the population of the island has yet to catch my particular interest. Human population, that is. I'm not much of a... 'people person' I suppose."

As she spoke, she became acutely aware of her surroundings again, being on campus grounds. Crowds of people dotted the area, and the very idea of being near this many people made her uneasy. Even so, Tristen was able to put on a mask of confidence to subdue her discomfort, just as she'd done many times in the past.

siiadams

Years
Shawn saw Kiki walking away and started following her, turning to Alex as though expecting him to follow, too. He quickly returned Sting and Cactuar to their pokeballs, wondering where she was looking. Did she find an area for wild pokemon? If so, Shawn was preparing to look for something else...something he didn't have. With 3 pokeballs in his jacket pocket, he told himself he'd better not miss his chance.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

"Uh, okay." Lincoln shrugged. "I'm not really sure how we're gonna manage that, but we can try I guess. Right Jackson?"
"Don." The pokemon grumbled.
"Alright, so like, let's give it a go."

Casually putting his hands in his pockets Lincoln turned his back so he wouldn't be able to see N or the card, while Jackson stared suspiciously at N. The fact that the human was able to understand him seemed to do very little to ease the fossil pokemons mistrust.

Nika Valentine

Tristen seemed to agree with her about the passage of time here, and it occurred to Nika that if other people were noticing the occurence then it was possible it was a real thing, rather than just a matter of perspective. There were certain legendary pokemon capable of manipulating time, but it seemed improbable that any of them would be on the island, or somehow helping the students get stronger faster by giving them more time... her head was tying itself in knots just thinking about it, so she added it to her list of unsolved mysteries. Perhaps once her team was more solid she would, ironically, have the time.

"I completely agree with you." Which was strange in itself, she thought. "I've got much more time for my pokemon than other people. Speaking of which, will we get away from these crowds? I can show your Croagunk some of my bug pokemon and sate his curiosity to make up for bumping into you."

The irony of stating she didn't have time for people, and then arranging to spend time with one, was completely lost on her.​

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Academy Grounds]

Tristen was about to decline Nika's offer when her Croagunk began pulling ever so slightly on her hair with a feeling of urgency. She rolled her eyes at the purple frog. "I suppose we can do that." I think Gabriel won't let me say no anyways. Gabriel croaked a response and patted Tristen on her neck, showing his approval.

It was odd, his interest in pokemon. He himself was a pokemon, and yet he always insisted on learning about other species unlike his own. The white-haired girl recalled moments when she found him searching through her bag in the middle of the night, looking for her pokedex to have it relay information back to him in that digital voice since he couldn't read. You sure are an odd one, Gabe.

Before they began leaving the crowded area, Tristen whistled a single, high-pitched tone. A few moments later, Skarmory hovered above the two. "Meet us over there," she pointed at an area nearby with less people around. "We'll be there in a few minutes."

She turned back to Nika. "Let's go."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Genevieve Molyneux
Pokemon Center

Genevieve sniffled slightly tears still falling as she waited for Charlie to say something. But he didn't. Instead the boy who had been hurt had come out with bandages and started talking, not that she was paying much attention to what was being said. She did notice however that Hugin had left and Maxwell had sent out Wilson. Wiping her cheeks though she was still sad and upset again Genevieve turned and hugged Maxwell.

Taking a deep breath as she hugged her boyfriend Genevieve managed to calm herself down slightly. "w-whats going on?" she asked softly wiping the few tears left off her cheeks.

Rosalyn Smith
Academy Grounds ---> starting towards the Mountains

Rosalyn sighed as she left the building and entered the Academy Grounds. Alice had left after saying she didn't feel good, and she had no idea were Jimmy had run off to. "I was looking forward to spending time with him...oh well" she said quietly to herself. With a shrug Rosalyn left the Academy grounds and headed towards the Mountains were she had caught Silver on her first day at the Academy. She knew past the Mountains was a Volcano and maybe she could find a fire type to catch to complete her current team. With a grin she tossed a Pokeball into the air letting Jazz out and she smiled at the Wartortle "Jazz we're gonna catch a new Pokemon, but first we're gonna do a little bit of training not just with you, I wanna train Silver too" she smiled and called out her Skarmory.

"alright guys, Jazz I want you to use Water Gun on that tree, Silver use Swift on that tree over there, both of you guys keep going til I tell you to stop" she pointed at both trees and watched her Pokemon, pulling out her sketch book to make a rough sketch of Silver and Jazz.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers - Academy Office

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png
633.png

Kilik was still wondering what Cynthia & the R-Spy were talking about. Mistress giggled when she saw how nervous Mark had gotten, however, Valorie had interrupted her fun, making her pout & cross her arms at Valorie. "I can never have any fun," she commented.

Kilik wasn't paying much attention to Valorie & her mother's conversation. However, he gave up eavesdropping & decided to join in with Valorie, Mark & Valorie's mother. "I'm Kilik," he greeted the mother. "It's nice to meet you." He didn't know what else to say. Of course, he did notice Mistress as Cynthia & sighed. She just can't help herself at all, even under certain situations.

Mistress could see Snype & smiled at his comment. She morphed back to her Zoroark form. "They never do." Mistress wondered if Snype could recognize her now. Last time they saw each other, she was just a Zorua.

Were Valorie & her mother having a Thanksgiving? She was gonna get some drinks. This was very cherishing, but sad for Kilik. Why couldn't his parents come... "Would it be okay...if I came along?" he asked. Kilik didn't want to be left alone right now, not now. At least he could see Kiyoko still, & maybe be part of a family... I will not cry. I will not cry!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

Tristen called down some sort of metal bird; another pokemon Nika was unfamilair with. She simply nodded her agreement - there was no sense in wasting words. Nika began to make her way through the crowds of people, taking a seperate path to Tristen. That pokemon of hers was clearly a steel and flying type, that was plain for anyone to see, which would make it a dangerous match-up against just about any member of her team.

There was something steely about Tristen herself, Nika got the impression the white-haired girl would brook no nonsense or dramatics. It was little suprise Nika was finding her less difficult than other people, there was no pretense for her to mis-interpret or miss entirely. So many of the people here seemed to be remarkably open compared to those elsewhere.

Arriving at the designated spot before Tristen she pulled a Quick Ball from her satchel and opened it, releasing Spider. The miniscule Joltik looked around, cheeping excitedly.

"No battle or training just now Spider. We're having a show and tell."

The tiny bug type scuttled in a circle before climbing Nika's leg, scaling her all the way to her head where she settled on top of Nika's flat cap, peering around curiously.

"You're going to get too big for that soon, you know."
"Tiktiktik..."​

Crystallized

Always here. Always there.
Years
Alex smiled towards Shawn and Kiki, walking after them in last place, returning Rayha to his pokeball after a moment and starting to quicken his pace to walk alongside Shawn.

"Hmm... What do you think Shawn? Should I send another of my pokemon over here? And is that allowed? Or do you think I should catch new pokemon here on the island?" He asked, looking straight ahead with a bright smile, putting Rayha's pokeball away.

Nideous

Years
Kiki

Cynder panted weakly. She wasn't cut out for this. She wasn't going to last too long. Kiki grinned, looking around.

"Oh, Cynder look at this!" she said distractedly, pouncing at a flower. Starly looked up, distracted by her, his tackle missing. Cynder smiled and used Double Team, making echoes fly everywhere. Kiki stood back up, the flower in her hair now.

"Double Team Again!" she said as Starly circled overhead, Growling at her fiercely. She shrugged it off, her evasion raising again. Kiki licked her lips and she gestured with her hands. "FLAMETHROWER!" she called happily. The bird flew into one of the echoes and Cynder blasted him with her fire attack.

Crystallized

Always here. Always there.
Years
"Wow, good job Cynder" Alex said blinked a few times as he watched the small pokemon launch a flamethrower attack at the starly and blast it away, smiling down at Cynder.

"Wow... Cynder sure does have some power behind her... But she looks tired..? Maybe we should stop and rest?" He suggested, stretching slightly, his arms were stiff from not moving them really, as he looked at Kiki.

siiadams

Years
Shawn watched this display with a little surprise. Cynder was really powerful...more so than he thought. Even though it seemed tired from using so much energy for its flamethrower, the fact that it coukd use that attack made him wonder more about it.

"Way to go, Cynder!" Shawn cheered, as Zapper called out a cheer of her own. Looking back at Alex, he shrugged, "Whichever you feel like doing. All the pokemon I have are the ones I caught. I need to find some others, but I need to know where to look."

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Clearing]

Tristen followed Nika off of the general campus to where she told Skarmory to meet them. As soon as they exited the crowds of people, she began to subconsciously relax her posture and her suspicious red eyes. Gabriel had plopped off of her shoulder and walked beside her, still eyeing the short blonde girl curiously. From his perspective, she merely smelled different--an unfamiliar scent. And of course, his curiously would not let him brush it off.

Skarmory hovered above the clearing where Nika stopped and released a small yellow yellow pokemon with beady blue eyes. The Joltik crawled up Nika's shoulder, and Tristen observed that it was called Spider.

Gabriel looked up at the Joltik with apt curiosity, tilting his head to the side. He looked up at Tristen, as if asking for permission to approach, and Tristen merely nodded her head. The Croagunk took a few steps in front of Tristen and stopped to look at the Joltik. He sniffed the air once or twice before sitting down on Tristen's right foot.

Meanwhile, Skarmory had descended from the skies and landed behind Tristen before walking up to her and asking her hand with a nudge for some pokefood. She pulled out three pieces and held them out in her hand to allow him to eat, keeping her eyes on Gabriel.

"I think Gabriel's curiosity is sated. I think he just wanted to know the source of whatever he sensed." Tristen brushed some stray white hair from her face absentmindedly. "Oh, and this is Skarmory, my first companion." She took a gloved hand and brushed the side of his face as he chewed.

Looking at the Joltik, Tristen's mind flashed back to a time when she befriended an Ariados back in the Johto region before running off to Hoenn. She had left it behind with an acquaintance before she met Gabriel. I wonder how he's doing. Tristen pulled her eyebrows together before relaxing her face.

"I'll admit that I've never seen a Joltik in person before." Tristen smiled with her eyes. "It's much larger than I would have suspected."

Nideous

Years
Kiki

Cynder may have known a powerful attack, but there was not much power behind it. The Starly rolled back to it's feet and took off at her, it's wings glowing as it swiped at her, missing again. God, Kiki loved Double Team! Time for something better.

"Willo Wisp!" she cried. Cynder opened her mouth and little balls of fire appeared around Starly, burning him. Starly trilled and swooped down again, flying at blinding speed. Cynder shifted and used Double Team again, right in the nick of time.

"Good job! He's weakening!" she said, hugging Shawn, who happened to be right next to her. "Ok, keep it up! Extrasensory!" she called out, watching the Starly use Double Team himself. Bit that wasn't enough, and he was hit by the attack. Coupled with the burn and the previous attacks, Starly was looking rough. Kiki pulled out a pokeball and hurled it, knocking the bird over and sucking it inside.

"I caught a pokemon!" she said happily as the ball began rocking, hugging Shawn tighter.

siiadams

Years
Shawn smiled as Kiki hugged him from her excitement. It reminded him of when he first caught Cactuar. He remembered he was so excited, he jumped up and down all the way home. He showed it to his parents, beaming with pride. Again, he had to think of his folks..."One of these days..." he thought.

As he watched Cynder battle, he wondered about getting a fire-type for himself. But which one would he want? Which ones could he find? And which pokemon could he use against it? Zapper seemed the only strong choice. Cactuar would burn to ash, while Sting would get hurt kinda easily from flames...

He watched the pokeball shaking, waiting with Kiki for that moment the red light died out.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

Nika tilted her head forward so that Spider and Gabe could get a good look at each other, confident that the Joltik could keep her perch. Spider gazed at the Croagunk, just as curious as he was about meeting a strange new pokemon.

"Joltik can range in size, but they're often believed to be much smaller than they actually are. What's fascinating is that when they evolve they undergo one of the most dramatic changes in size recorded amongst pokemon, a Galvantula could quite easily eat a fully grown human." The ghost of a smile played at her lips. It wasn't at the morbid possibility, but hinted that she found this information genuinely fascinating.

"It's very good to meet you Skarmony. I've never seen a Skarmony or a Croagunk before, I'm from the Unova region and previously we were quite unique in the pokemon we had there. But with the influx of trainers from other regions we seem to have a lot of pokemon from other regions now. I have two other Unova bug types on my team in case Gabriel would care to see anymore, though it makes no difference to me." She took a closer look at Skarmony, confirming her previous assumption that it would be a very tricky opponent for any member of her team. "Do you keep all of your pokemon out of their pokeballs, or do you have others?"

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Clearing]

In response to Nika's question, Tristen shook her head. "No--these two are my only pokemon, and they prefer to remain outside of the pokeball. Even so, I advocate independent thinking for both of my companions. Giving them the opportunity to explore the environment and make their own observations of the landscape at all times is beneficial for me and for them." Tristen watched as Skarmory took off to the skies again; he reveled in flapping his wings and soaring high above them.

"I rarely tell them what to do in most situations and have them rely on instinct and their own modes of critical thinking. Only in trainer battles do I tell them what to do, but even then, I prefer to have them execute moves that they themselves devise. It adds fluidity to their battling styles. I watch them train and I learn what fits them best, so when we get to a battlefield, I already know what seems most natural to them." Tristen bent down and picked Gabriel up off of her foot and held him in the crook of her arm. "I want them to be able to function without me, just in case I'm not around to protect them." Her eyes grew dark and serious as she spoke, but her face smoothed out moments later, making her contemplative expression seem almost as if it was never there.

She cleared her throat, realizing that she had ranted just a bit, and returned to the original subject. "But I do place them in pokeballs when it's convenient."

Shifting her weight, she asked, "What sort of classes are you taking at the academy? I see all of these different classrooms and I hardly know the extent of the subject range here."

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Dante Redson --- Location-En route to Oak Town

Dante was walking away from Entei dorm with Rufflet on his shoulder as he started to head for Oak Town. As he walked toward Oak Town, Dante noticed students headed to a building and one of the people there was N. But, Dante noticed some flying type pokemon flying overhead. One of the flying type pokemon that Dante saw was a Murkrow, but Dante just continued walking.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

Tristen certainly had an interesting philosophy on how to work alongside her pokemon, though Nika had encountered similair ones before. She often kept a pokemon out with her when travelling through dangerous areas but perhaps it was a habit she ought to employ more often. Spider was certainly happy riding around on her head, but once she evolved into a Garvantula she'd just be too large to walk around with feasibly.

"I had my first class this morning - Bug and Grass Type class, which suited me quite well. We seem to be assigned our classes rather than selecting them, possibly based on our entrance exams and how we perform while we're here. Have you got a particular one you'd like to take, or area to learn more in?"​

Back