• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rate my team

Years
  • Age 27
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 23, 2013
The only thing I really have to say is that you'll want to ditch Nidoking's Life Orb for a Choice Scarf. It's mainstream, but very efficient. You don't want to risk getting outsped by something that could easily take it out. (can't think of a good example at the time) Everything about it is fine aside from the item. I'm not so sure about altering the EV spread.

For Vaporeon, you should also get rid of Ice Beam for Toxic and give it the Leftovers as mentioned above. You already get decent Dragon coverage from Gliscor's Ice Fang and Dragonite.

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
Years
Use Psyshock over Psychic on Mew so that it can hit Chansey and Blissey on their weaker defensive stat. And I've been wondering: where do you get your EV spreads from?[/QUOTE said:
ive actually done that already, but at the time i had psychic and i had already posted and didnt have time change it.

second i really just try to even my EV spreads out to what i think is good. i know its easier to just find them on Smogen or something but using this method helps me see where i make mistakes.

also thinking of replacing d-nites life orb for leftovers. comments?

Years
  • Age 27
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 23, 2013
I don't really think D-nite has enough longevity to run Leftovers... The only time I've ever used a recovery item on a frail poke was a substitute set on my Gengar... (Black Sludge)

You should probably keep the Life Orb, imo.

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
Years
I don't really think D-nite has enough longevity to run Leftovers... The only time I've ever used a recovery item on a frail poke was a substitute set on my Gengar... (Black Sludge)

You should probably keep the Life Orb, imo.

the reason i want to replace life orb is because i find that when its my last guy, even with like +6 att/spd, when i go for roost i get outsped and killed. this d-nite runs max spd too, and they dont use priority.

Later...

i switched the items and it helped a lot. example, had i been using life orb i would have died to a stone edge. thanks to recovery i was able to live that and a mach punch.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 23, 2013
the reason i want to replace life orb is because i find that when its my last guy, even with like +6 att/spd, when i go for roost i get outsped and killed. this d-nite runs max spd too, and they dont use priority.

Later...

i switched the items and it helped a lot. example, had i been using life orb i would have died to a stone edge. thanks to recovery i was able to live that and a mach punch.

Hmmmm.... I guess it's mostly situational. If the leftovers are really working better for you, go ahead and keep them.

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
Years
Gliscor
item- toxic orb
trait- poison heal
EVs- 156hp/ 56att/ 140def/ 44sp.def/ 116spd
nature- careful
-facade
-earthquake
-swords dance
-protect

comment on the changes to this beast.

Years
  • Age 27
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 23, 2013
^ I think you should've kept it the way it was and given the Vaporeon Toxic. (Like I said earlier. xD)

Sorry, it just looks better in my eyes.

Years
  • Age 27
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 23, 2013
I see where you're coming from. I'm just saying, I figure it would be the safest route to take because you never know who you'll fight. It might sweep one OU team, but get destroyed by another. I dunno.

I'm not saying to change it if you don't want to. I'm just giving critisism. Sorry. xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Gliscor
item- toxic orb
trait- poison heal
EVs- 156hp/ 56att/ 140def/ 44sp.def/ 116spd
nature- careful
-facade
-earthquake
-swords dance
-protect

comment on the changes to this beast.

As I said in the other thread, Gliscor is better off with 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe. That spread is wasting away its incredible physical bulk.

While Pokemon with massive Defense can go specially defensive, like Forretress, Skarmory and Hippowdon, Gliscor is one exception because of its 4x weakness to Ice.

To elaborate, Forretress and Skarmory can go specially defensive because some of their resistances come from the special end. Hippowdon can also do that because of its massive HP and Defense. However, Gliscor can't do specially defensive sets well because while it has massive Defense, its HP isn't very high. It's also weak to Water and Ice, as I said before, which often come from the special end.

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
Years
to Folly its cool, i just think its a good set. and to PlatinumDude, this set has massively destroyed teams, singlehandedly. i find that the extra sp.def helps it to withstand hits like the ones you mentioned. and the extra speed helps to not get hit in the first place. dont take it the wrong way, i do follow your advice alot, but this set is pretty much staying like that... for now at least.

Back