• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Changing The Water Animation

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Changing Water Animation

Hello there, I'm X-Buster and here, I'll show you a small Tutorial on how to change the Water Animation.. are you ready..?

What we need:
-A Fire Red ROM
-Tile Molester Alternate
-Java
-VisualBoy Advance
-A Computer and your Brain

Ok, Lets get this Tut on the Road..

-Open your Tile Molester and load up your Fire Red ROM..

-Then Go To 3A7674, you can see there something like this..
image1bn7.png

-Then do 'View > Block Size > Custom' and change the row into 2 and column into 2.. It will turn into this..
image2gd3.png

but look at the colors.. its messy isn't it..?

-Load Up your ROM with VisualBoy Advance and play until you can see the Water Tiles..

-Then do 'Tools > Palette', if you focus on the fifth palette bar, thats the palette for the Water Tiles.. Hit Save BG and save it somewhere in your Computer..
imageed8.png

-Go back to Tile Molester, do 'Palette > Import From > Another File' and load the Palette you Saved earlier.. It should turn into this..
image3gx2.png

What the..? The Palette is still Messed up.. if you can see the palette bar below, theres two arrows.. Try to hit the Right arrow 4 times..There we go..

image4ss7.png

The one In green square are the tile were looking for.. Lets Change it.. Since I have No Graphic Talent, I'm just gonna Flip the Tiles..

image6hm6.png

-When your done, Save it.. Heres an Image of the Changes..
image5gn1.png

See the water, the wave are going to the right..

P.S.: Use the Alternate Version of Tile Molester since it supports Windows *.pal and TileLayerPro *.tpl palettes

P.S. 2: Tile Molester Alternate can't load the same ROM after you closed it and if that happened..
go to 'C: \[THE LOCATION WHERE YOU EXTRACTED TILE MOLESTER ALTERNATE]\TileMolester\resources]'
then DELETE the file 'THE FILENAME OF ROM.XML'

~X-Buster

Last edited:

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
thanx, i didnt know how to do that. a perfect tutorial.
yay! first post!

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
well i know this before but i've allways working with Tileed2002. but this time i tryed Tilemolester. But TM can't open my paletts i saved from VBA. Actually i even can't see them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
well i know this before but i've allways working with Tileed2002. but this time i tryed Tilemolester. But TM can't open my paletts i saved from VBA. Actually i even can't see them.

Use the Alternate Version of Tile Molester, thats should work..^^

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'd really like to change the animation of the water, is there any other animations of things to change? :\
Because I'd really like to know about the animations like that, thanks! :)

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Use the Alternate Version of Tile Molester, thats should work..^^
You should've thought about that X-Buster.. You where the only one I, myself, told about that edited xml file..
I don't think many people on PC (maybe only the more experienced hackers) have that file ;)
I think now it's the time everyone knows about this.. not that I like it.
Only people that can find it themselves deserve this XD

Download

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
You should've thought about that X-Buster.. You where the only one I, myself, told about that edited xml file..
I don't think many people on PC (maybe only the more experienced hackers) have that file ;)

Download
Lol, I got that sometime last week, I thought it was a older version... It loads faster than the normal one too. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024

Download

Actually I put a download link in my first post if you didn't notice..well, thanks anyway..

ckk

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2009
cool tut
although i dont really see the point in changing the water

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
the points is for the graphics and the other reason is to introduces Tile Molester Alternate Version..^^

the0person0of03

RANDOM JUNK #1- goat in a tutu
Years
Yay! now I can make more water! wait......what?
and now I can buy a waterwheel! <--HINT FOR OPAL*cough major plot point featuring a baby Ho-oh cough*

Back