• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
idk, I think Chespin is cute, but its evolution won't be outright amazing like I picture Fennekin to be...? That's just how I feel, though :(

I can't picture Fennekin as anything but a Snivy clone. Its going to get controversal evolution in some way that makes people royally miffed at it and Gamefreak and take a huge hit to its potential with a huge mess up to its stats.

=C

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nahhh, Fennekin will have an awesome fox design. I'll be surprised if the final evolution is on all fours, though.

Years
I think we'll find out more about the starters p soon tbh. But the evolutions will be months away :(

Can't wait for more news on the starters, including the potential news of the evolutions being revealed. I'm hoping Froakie looks good when he evolves cos I think he's my fave of the bunch, but let's hope Fennekin and Chespin's final evos don't look terrible either.

And yeah I do agree with Derk that Fennekin needs to be biped when it evolves, like most Fire starters are.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I would choose Chespin, just because I always choose the Grass type in a new generation. But I will never be able to get myself X and Y so yeah.. :/

I hope that Chespin's final evolution will become Grass/Dark, Fennikin's evo Fire/Psychic and Froakie's evo Water/Fighting. So there will be this SE circle twice! (If you follow me)

Years
I'm liking the designs of all three overall. Fennekin is my favorite out of the three; however, Froakie and Chespin are tied for second haha. Froakies design is unique for a water starter. I like it! Can't wait to see what Chespin evolves into. I see fire/psychic, water/fighting (maybe water/ice or pure water), and finally grass/dark as their respective types. What do you guys think?

I sort of want GF to base Fennekin's final evo on Alakazam and Zoroak. That would look sick! with fire coming out of her ears haha

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly I'd love to see quadrupedal Fire final evolution. Although people are worried about it being a Ninetales clone, I severely doubt that they would keep it's appearance that similar when it finally hits its third stage. It'd be a cool change to, instead of becoming bipedal like the majority of starters have, excluding some of the grass starters.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm liking the designs of all three overall. Fennekin is my favorite out of the three; however, Froakie and Chespin are tied for second haha. Froakies design is unique for a water starter. I like it! Can't wait to see what Chespin evolves into. I see fire/psychic, water/fighting (maybe water/ice or pure water), and finally grass/dark as their respective types. What do you guys think?

I sort of want GF to base Fennekin's final evo on Alakazam and Zoroak. That would look sick! with fire coming out of her ears haha

Fire coming out of ears would be awesome as a design! But I don't think they'll make Pokemon too similar to past Pokemon especially not if they're a starter :(

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Just based on their first forms, I guess Fennekin is my favourite, but I'll reserve final judgment based on what their final forms look like since those are the forms I'll have to deal with in the long run.

Most starters change pretty drastically nowadays so I have high hopes for the water starter being more appealing in the end. :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
Weird, out of the three, the one I like the least is the most popular (Fennekin).

I like Chespin's badass potential, but Froakie has that X-factor. I don't know what it is, but he looks so suave and gangsterlike. Definitely going to pick Froakie first as soon aas I get my hands on Pokémon X!

Years
I'm choosing Froakie as my first X starter, too. I want my own foam covered frog! I don't really like going with the crowd with picking the fire starter on the first play through. As for Chespin, maybe i'll go with it on my second play through. It looks kinda cute

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
Years
Fennekin. Is. Just. Too. Adorable.

Chespin's pretty cute too, but Fennekin beats it by a long shot. Froakie's design isn't terrible, but it's just sort of meh for me. There's also that weird thing on it's nose. What IS that? Foam? Mustache?

So...yeah, I'm going with Fennekin. I always go for the cute ones, whether they're strong or not. I always picked Chikorita in GSC, despite it techincally being the worst out of the three. I haven't used a Fire-starter since RSE, and I ALMOST went for Tepig in BW, but then I saw it's evolutions.

Here's to hoping Fennekin's evolutions won't be as terrible as Tepig's.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
My fav is Fennekin because I hope he becomes a fire/psychic type. But with all honesty, I am actually interested in the final evolutions, not the first stage. If Froakies final evo is awesome, and Fennekins evo sucks, then I'll choose Froakie. But for now I'm going with Fennekin.

I like all three, it's just that I like Fennekin a little more.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2013
I thought the last thing that would interest me would be a frog, but when I saw Froakie, I knew straight away that it will be my first pick. I don't even know why.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
For me I think the fact that it was a frog made me more disappointed I didn't really feel attracted to it. Normally I love frogs but this one just doesn't fit, mainly because it just looks so... librarian.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
See idgi how Chespin looks like Oshawott. :( It's cute suuure but if anything the out-of-place one is like Froakie not Chespin ahaha.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
My fav is Fennekin because I hope he becomes a fire/psychic type. But with all honesty, I am actually interested in the final evolutions, not the first stage. If Froakies final evo is awesome, and Fennekins evo sucks, then I'll choose Froakie. But for now I'm going with Fennekin.

I like all three, it's just that I like Fennekin a little more.

Starters rarely last in their first stage past the first gym. So really this whole poll is moot because we're deciding on something that's going to last about an hour or so in-game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back