• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
@Wolfy - I never really spoke to you much but you're a very talented writer and I like many others will be sorry to see you go.

As for your RP Elite - I can see what Red's has pointed out as being a bit of an issue. Perhaps you could follow Swift's advice and try that or perhaps you could simply make it a sort of "pseudo-competitive" role play. Where the premise is a competition but there's something else going on under the surface.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Whoa, EB, that is so cool. PMing yourself, I mean, total respect.
lol I used to do that too before I realized that I could just make a new thread and preview it until I was content, and then store the lot in my UCP notepad.

The RP is cool for real though. Hunger Games RPs have been tried lots of times before but none lived for very long, did they? There's a problem with people being killed, I mean what will they do then, quit the RP?

Unless you count Years of Lies, that one lived for years haha.

Well that was before I had a rough time learning that PC will be derping me when I least want it to. So now I have a store copy of all my RPs in my dropbox account, user notepad, PMs, Word Documents and a zillion Etherpads ;] If I ever loose one I can look for another :3

Yeah, I've been contemplating that dying isn't very promising for an RP -specially if it keeps going after a character's death :o- so I guess I could even that out with allowing multiple characters -ignoring the 24 tribute limit if several characters are made- as well as multiple NPCs on the Arena (and some in the outside to build some super special awesome excitement). And maybe that way characters could only die when a RPer wants them to or cannot continue the RP? II dunno. Any of those options requires a lot of time and I might end up postponing this RP until I have the time needed for it, so... yeah. Ah, Years of Lies, I remember reading thru some IC posts of it: glorious! It's actually what made me read the books and eventually plan my own Hunger Games RP :p

^I did a hunger games roleplay last year...it was a Pokemon version and it didn't shoot off well because I was busy. However, I would loooove to see a HG roleplay with actual human beings, like... based on the books but we use our own characters.

Yeah, that's the aim, to retell the tale of the books in our own way ;]
But then again, there are still some issues with the plot/deaths/GMing to be worked upon, so...

Hunger Games kind of lends itself to the competitive role plays we mentioned earlier. Perhaps it could be tweaked in to a team based event rather than simply pairs?

That would actually work if we extend the spots from 24 to whatever OR tweak the story so that there are only 2-4 districts and as such there are 5-12 tributes from each district... Hmm... I'm actually thinking some tweaks that could make the RP drift a lot from the books but could make it work in a sense... I'll let you know if I think of something viable for this RP :]

As for your RP Elite - I can see what Red's has pointed out as being a bit of an issue. Perhaps you could follow Swift's advice and try that or perhaps you could simply make it a sort of "pseudo-competitive" role play. Where the premise is a competition but there's something else going on under the surface.

Yes, actually, I will try and aim for a more cooperative-style... somehow... at some point. I will need to revamp, reedit, and maybe even remix all the stuff I planned and see if I can come up with something logic :p

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
@WolfOfEve - the only time I ever talked to you was to point out your birthday was one day after mine haha. Oh man, I'll miss you and your awesome CSS posts. Even if I never expressed it myself, I always loved reading your posts in whatever RP we were both in. I hope our paths somehow cross again, even though I can't see it happening unless you return to PC again...

Well, goodbye brother. Stay safe, and remember - I'm one day older then you. Well, in the calender anyway. I mean, by actual years you'r- ah whatever aha. I'm trying too hard.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
@WolfOfEve - I never got the chance to talk to you or really read any of your RP posts, but you seem like you have a lot of respect around here and you love Legend of Zelda, that's enough for me! I hope life treats you well man, best wishes.

Beats, bro, that idea is great, I mean I already know you're awesome so that helps but I loved the hunger games, one of the only books/series I've ever read that became a movie AFTER I read it, made me feel kind of OG...but with books...hmmm man I'm lame XD Anyways, I bet you could pull it off and if you DO put it up lemme just say right now, count me in.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
So, is there not a lot of love for a Magic: The Gathering RP? I know Cirrus liked the idea. And believe me, you don't need to know a lot about the card game or the mythos. Most of that will be explained.

Sorry to see you go, Wolf.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Anybody who writes a goodbye letter... I don't think I've ever seen a person that hasn't come back after writing one. So, he'll be back. One day. ;)

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
@WolfofEve: Oh man, that's sad to hear. But I have agree with Skymin. Nobody ever leaves permanently. Sooner or later, you'll miss us dude. Respect.

@Colony: I have always wanted to play Magic, although I have never been able to. It's not a really famous fanbase here in my country. A good roleplay might push me in starting to play the game, much like how PinkSapphire's SAO and Swift's Game of /Pokemon/ pushed me in reading the manga and watching the series respectively.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
@WolfOfEve: It's sad to see such a talented and dedicated RPer leave. I hope Skymin's right and that you'll be back eventually but for now, see you space cowboy.

(Totally don't know if you'll understand that reference but I'm doing it anyway.)

@EliteBeats: I don't think dying should be as much of a problem if you keep the number of people that can sign up small so that the majority of tributes are NPCs. That way each RPer can get a good amount of killing, teaming up, and surviving done along with maybe some PvP non-lethal fights/encounters or inter-RPer alliances before it finally comes time for the players to kill each other. Unless someone REALLY wants to kill another player early on, then that's their problem.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I have had thoughts of putting E&S down and letting it go.
I don't know if I really should or not though.
I'm having second thoughts.

I can't say I've been following Earth and Sky, but if you're finding yourself disconnected or don't have time for it - maybe it's best.

Don't worry too much - let your players know before declaring it dead/locked (I guess that's what this is). Not much else you can do! These things happen :).

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
@WolfOfEve: It's sad to see you go now, even if I barely knew ya. I dearly hope that you return someday, as what I've seen of you in Fire Emblem: Re-Awakening, and a lot of the other Rps has proven to me that you are an absolutely fantastic Role-player and will be sorely missed.

This may or may not be my final goodbye to you, as I do have a feeling that you'll come back.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Question time!

When it comes to Journey-roleplays, which option/s do you prefer and why?

1. Being able to pick your own pokémon, entirely.
2. Being limited to that specfic region (or a long list).
3. A choice of several starter and non-starter pokémon.
4. Starter pokémon only.​

Years
When it comes to Journey's I prefer a wide amount of options for starters (even if the options aren't actually starters) and I like a broad but fixed list of what is available in each route and city. This way you can pick a starter that interests you but nobody is going to have a tyranitar on route two.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I haven't taken part in a Journey RP, but have read through a few and I'd have to agree with gimmepie. Options are great, but unlimited choice tends to lead to chaos.

Sephear

Years
I'd have to say 3 with rare exceptions if the choice fits well enough and the SU is good enough/fits as well. And other than that pretty much the same sentiments as gimmepie, after all certain pokemon are only found in certain places as a rule except for special situations.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I prefer having a choice from the three standards starters of the region and some choice Pokemon from the said region. Gives enough diversity to keep the interest and not too full to be pretty chaotic.

Years
I'm just stopping by again to let you guys know that

Midnight: A Darker than Black RP, Pokemon: Journeys through Novia as well as Naruto: A New World (an RP I am co-gming with JNathan) all still have some room available to those who may be interested in joining.

Also, am I the only one who follows the RPA's more closely than the Academy Awards?

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
I prefer having a choice from the three standards starters of the region and some choice Pokemon from the said region. Gives enough diversity to keep the interest and not too full to be pretty chaotic.

Mmhmm. That's practically what my answer would have been. I think it's just boring to have only three. I mean, if you did that, you would practically have a bunch of people with the same Pokemon. But if it's any Pokemon, then some people may be OP or you would just have too many to keep track of.

Also, am I the only one who follows the RPA's more closely than the Academy Awards?

Actually, I had forgotten the Academy Awards existed until you mentioned them just now.

Sephear

Years
I would just like to note I meant 3 on swifty's list, not 3 starters, I like variety too, but with well defined limits and only having a starter that's NOT on the list if the SU is good enough and it is explained why well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back