• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2022
Played through the entire movie section from start to finish (including seeing what would happen if I said no to the invitation XD) fought Raymond as well, and no appearance of the eggs for me.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2011
*sigh* Seems I can't get the patch to work. :/

After getting a clean rom, I apply the patch. if I try to continue from my old saves, the field is still there, and if I try to start a fresh game, I get hit by a black screen when trying to leave my own roon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2016
Ussualy I speak french, my english is very bad ^^. I have ashgray3.01 and after event venusaur, my bulbasaur has missing and that was a egg of togepi. If a person mays translate my message for that the others better understand.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2012
Im having trouble with one part of the 3.01 version. Im at the restaurant where the cook asks to see an Exeggcute and I didnt have one at first so I went and just caught one, brought it back and I chose it and he keeps saying its not an Exeggcute. How do I fix this?

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2015
After beating Blaine, what do I have to do to keep the story going?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it XD

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2011
Hey, this hack is awesome but I think i' am going to wait untill the next beta is realesed. Moroever, can someone say me if Pokemon Ash's Quest follow all the anime events??????

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2022
Metapod, are you using version 1.0 or version 1.1 of FireRed?

He is using version 1.0.

This message is also indented for people having patching problems, make sure you are downloading a version 1.0 rom.

If you start the fire red game, when the game freak logo come's up after the star floats by, if the words "presents" appears under the logo you have the wrong version.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Metapod the new island event is still not working all your pokemon still turn into eggs

Did you start over or are you using the same save file? If the Misty battle was the problem, then you'll pretty much have to go back to at least some time prior to the Togepi event. Using the same save file won't do.

If you'd like, I can release a special ips with an Ash sprite at Old Wharf you can talk to that should fix it. Just let me know if you're using the previous save file you were using before.

(I'm currently working to fix all the previous bugs mentioned as well - thanks to everyone for the reports.)

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Did you start over or are you using the same save file? If the Misty battle was the problem, then you'll pretty much have to go back to at least some time prior to the Togepi event. Using the same save file won't do.

If you'd like, I can release a special ips with an Ash sprite at Old Wharf you can talk to that should fix it. Just let me know if you're using the previous save file you were using before.

(I'm currently working to fix all the previous bugs mentioned as well - thanks to everyone for the reports.)
I started over the hack with the 3.0 patch and it was just moments later you uploaded 3.1 so I used my save state from 3.0 (which only was saved at viridian city) and I continued my game with 3.1.And yes I would like a special ips that should fix this problem if thats fine.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I started over the hack with the 3.0 patch and it was just moments later you uploaded 3.1 so I used my save state from 3.0 (which only was saved at viridian city) and I continued my game with 3.1.And yes I would like a special ips that should fix this problem if thats fine.

Are you using beta 3.01 or the latest one: Beta 3.02?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Theres a 3.02?And I missed it? Wow.
Anyway I was useing 3.01, if I patch 3.02 right now, will the event be able to work?

No, not if the Misty battle was already completed. I'm going to upload a 3.03 patch soon. I'll try to get you a special patch to undo the error from the Misty battle after I do.

-----

Edit:

AshGray 3.03

^ Includes Viridian Gym battle fix, Beach Blank-out Blastoise fix (to work with Squirlte), hopefully map connection fix above Cinnabar Island volcano, and restaurant cook who asks to see his favorite Pokemon fix.

Last edited:

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
Hey meta, im at the purrfect hero right now. Do i needa re-patch it to the 3.02 beta or is that beta for the fixes before where im at? Do u get hat im sayin? Lol.

Back