• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

32 Colour Title Screen[Translation][Whack a Hack]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OM3GA Umbr30n

Was Mazot2
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 3, 2010
Original Tutorial: http://wahackpokemon.com/es/tutorial-gba/portadas_32_colores

Translated by: Google Translate

This tutorial is meant to create their covers without the limitation that can only be used 16 as everyone does.
I will explain that the Ruby is 32 pallets for use on the cover of Groudon, that would be substantive and lava, and the same are the ones that take advantage of for our cover.
First step

What do we need?
  • Character Maker Pro​
  • UNLZ-GBA​
  • Graph Editor
  • HEX Editor
  • Cyclone or NTME
  • APE​
Second Step

Well, now we have to create our design, which sometimes tends to be most difficult step, because your home must have some connection with the history of your hack, etc..
In this case I'll use the cover of Pokemon Iris, as it was the first cover I did with more than 16 colors and design here:
lugiaje4.png

Third Step

After having our design of what will be the cover, now we have to do the defragmentation of the tiles and the famous "puzzle" of 128x128.In my case is this.
copiadeblack0cq7.png

Important Tip: Never repeat any 8x8 block for not using unnecessary space.
Fourth Step

This is the magical step which will use the 32 pallets free Hack, now we open the puzzle in the Character Maker Pro, we have to make is that in the first 16 pallets pallets are absolutely all the sprite that we use and palette 17 will use a transparent palette can be the same as the other, from the palette 18 for the pallets we can put forward different from the sprite so that it reads as follows:
paletasbh1.png

In my case my Lugia sprite has 16 pallets and I added this tile which is completely different palettes, which are those used in position 18, 19, 20 and 21.
22651813cb9.png

Fifth Step

What will I do now that I'm going to change these pallets for one of the top 16, which would change the 18 = 2 19 = 3, 20 = 3, 21 = 5.
If you use more if the only change from the top down, so they look like:
ck00bq2.png

After that, the blades can be cut down, to be alone with the first 16, we will save as PNG.
Step Six

Now we must open the UNLZ, and that we must look for the box of Groudon after the RAW is to order the arrangement of the "Puzzle". Once there we put rawdump, which will save the RAW.
99510108ia0.png

Seventh Step

Open NTME Cyclone or in my case I use NTME, already there and we loaded the RAW Puzzle.
That what we have to do is build the design we want, but now is not the same as before.
A) We have to Activate the palette F [16].
pal16eb9.png

Now what we will do is start the puzzle, but we must build first the paddle bearing the sprite, mine would be:
658ft5.png

B) Turn palette E [15]
pal15vk3.png

What remains is to put the tiles in the palette containing 17 to 32, who were the previous change.Finally would read:
dfsrm8.png

Tip: I recommend saving it with the same name.
Step Eight

Open UNLZ, go to the direction of Groudon, load the puzzle that is in PNG format, with the import button in my case this would be my PNG:

Last edited:

OM3GA Umbr30n

Was Mazot2
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 3, 2010
:D yay i might translate more Whack a Hack Tutorials now,
This took a whole day to be accepted T_T

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Cool, i've yet to get into title screen hacking. I didn't know you could go over 16 colors with it either.

That makes me feel more confident that my idea for a title screen can be implemented. :D
Thanks for the translate and post.

OM3GA Umbr30n

Was Mazot2
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 3, 2010
No problem,
The only annoying thing is that when u copy and paste in google translate it give you the untranslated text aswell so you have to remove it.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
something about this just dosent feel right you should have permission from the tuorial maker 1#
2# you didnt even translate it your self so its not a perfect translation

3# your not allowed to link to another website

I dont know why this got accepted your luckey

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
Years
Hey!!
this tutorial is from koder for whack a hack only
do you ask his permision??
if you're not,you're stealing,since you doesn't even give credits to him
pleae be careful next time xD
bye

sorry my english xD

jrroo

Working on De Puzzle.
Years
I can't seem to find that 'Character Maker Pro'
I tried the toolbox, but i can't seem to find it.

Can you give me a link to where I can download it?
Pls and ThnkQ (> <")

Makeshiftj

The Ninja
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
XD
It will epic help people to lazy to use google
Epic Really You Use epic when you type LOL

Last edited:

OM3GA Umbr30n

Was Mazot2
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 3, 2010
I say epic everything XD like right now im epic bored as i cant hack as im on a Mac iBook G4 PPC,
y a ppc of all processors >.>

Makeshiftj

The Ninja
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
I NO Some one who says epic all the time He goes to my secondry school

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
This is getting pointless now, everything is just turning off-topic and into spam. Also, seeing as the thread owner is basically just piling it on too. And seems as he doesn't care about the spam of this thread, I'll close it.

Closed~

P.S. More reasoning comes from the fact, it seems this tutorial is stolen. And the poster can't seem to prove it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back