• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Ceil

Regarding graphics...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

marcc5m

what
Years
'K so here's a beta TM list:
Spoiler:

Cba with adding numbers but you can count. Anyway I tried not to change most of the more used TMs, and some of the suggestions (elemental punches, pound, harden) will be made Tutor Moves. I'm also going to make it so you need a Pokémon with a certain move to pass certain areas (none will be story related areas though so don't worry about that).
Anyway, some screenshot updates coming as soon as I stop being lazy.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
'K so here's a beta TM list:
Spoiler:

Cba with adding numbers but you can count. Anyway I tried not to change most of the more used TMs, and some of the suggestions (elemental punches, pound, harden) will be made Tutor Moves. I'm also going to make it so you need a Pokémon with a certain move to pass certain areas (none will be story related areas though so don't worry about that).
Anyway, some screenshot updates coming as soon as I stop being lazy.

STOP BEING LAZY!
TM list looks good, may I make a suggestion though? Boost Tackle to 50 BP 100 ACC and Giga Drain to 75 BP 10 PP like 5th gen?
Hack looks great so far keep it up :] We need more good hacks anyways.
Edit: Also, maybe add Close Combat as a TM (Since you added that attack in) and make Blaze Kick more accurate.

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
Your tiles are really amazing.The one's inside the lab are awesome.
The new Tm's is a good ideia and the new battle backgrounds are really good.
Basically in graphics, the are really good and for what i see the sprites are good too.
Maybe you should reveal a little more of the story, it will be a little more appelative i guess.
your hack it's good until now and it's a hack i will support.

Years
The starters seem a bit random but cool nonetheless (it doesn't affect me: I'll just hack in Spheal if it's not a starter.) The tiles are meh, not amazing but not painful. I do like your textbox, it's very nice :D Scripting and mapping looks great, nothing special but there's not so much to go by. So yeah good luck and stuff :D

now we're even

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
The TM list looks great, except i don't see why hail and sandstorm is a TM, as far as i know, its just a waste, no one actually likes it.

maybe instead it could be one of these
Mean look
Leech seed
Perish song
Aerial ace
Bullet seed
Recover
Tri Attack
Body Slam
Faint Attack
Rollout
U turn
Brick break
Pain Split
Thunder wave

Years
If there is one thing that you change, get rid of the Poison status effect, BECAUSE IM REALLY GETTING ANGRY WITH WEAK NOOBISH POKEMON MAKING ME BY HUNDREDS OF ANTIDOTES AND RUNNING BACK TO THE NEAREST POKECENTER!
Thanks...

Sorry, I just had a moment. Poison is really... frustrating. Anyway, the hack looks amazing! Love tiles and storyline. Hope is gets released.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
If there is one thing that you change, get rid of the Poison status effect, BECAUSE IM REALLY GETTING ANGRY WITH WEAK NOOBISH POKEMON MAKING ME BY HUNDREDS OF ANTIDOTES AND RUNNING BACK TO THE NEAREST POKECENTER!
Thanks...

Sorry, I just had a moment. Poison is really... frustrating. Anyway, the hack looks amazing! Love tiles and storyline. Hope is gets released.

I think you might be a bit used to playing generation 5 such as Black/White/Black 2/White 2.

In order to do something like this... would require knowledge of the assembly (ASM) programming language in order to remove something from the ARM binary code in the GBA ROM. So unless someone knows about doing something like this... then there's nothing that can be done. D:

marcc5m

what
Years
Thanks...

Poison will be staying because this hack is meant to have at least some sort of difficulty.

Anyway I am adding a poll that is quite important. Please have a look and vote if you care.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Well to be honest, I really like seeing different tiles in a ROM Hack, 'cause that's what brings the charm about the design. Like how Game Freak changes the textures whenever it makes a new Pokémon game. So I really do think Pokémon Ceil really should keep it's tile designs, 'cause I really do actually like them more than the generic FireRed/LeafGreen (I know I'm out-voted on this for now). But that's just my opinion.

marcc5m

what
Years
I think the main trainer should be different Like make his hat Black and his shirt white. To resemble the new games Black and White. It might sound stupid but I think it'll look good. And I think before you get your starters the evil team steals them so you must search the town to get them back by talking to the specific member with the starter you want. Sorta like a mini Quest.

EDIT:Can we also get a beta soon? If not when can we expect one?

That's a great idea! You should totally make a hack like that :)

The beta depends on the poll. If I'm sticking with FR tiles? Probably sometime next Spring. Current graphics? Next Winter.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
These tiles are fine! You know if you like it then stick with it their are hundreds of hacks with horrible graphics that are played just because it's a new hack! Yours has great graphics i dont see much of the story line but the scripts seem fine.! You quit on this and ill come dunk your head in the toilet :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
Aw, I don't like to intervene but seeing the latest posts about your poll, I have to (though I do respect everyone's opinion).

Fireworks, why changing the graphics ? Is it because you want to give us a beta as soon as possible ? Or is it because it's soooo time consuming that you fear you might end up giving up ?
If it's the former, keep your new graphics, we're used to waiting when it comes to hacks.
If it's the latter, just go back to FR tiles. Who cares about graphics ? I do like your custom tiles very much, but people enjoy good plot and good gameplay a LOT more. People don't buy games, DVDs or whatever for the cover. If the game looks good but is boring to death and unoriginal, then it's just time wasted for everyone (mostly your time).

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2012
Can't wait till this is released! I really love pokemon hacks and this one looks better than any I've ever seen.

I assume you took the video down because it was extremely out of date? Just wondering, because I was hoping to see some gameplay footage and was sorta disappointed when I realized the video was down.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Glad to see you have returned to rom hacking, fireworks :)
In my opinion I wouldn't change a thing, the tiles are nice and so are the battle backgrounds.
But you said if you go with fire red tiles it will speed up progress, does that mean you have lost all the data to the original ceil? In that case you better off just using fire red tiles and inserting a few matching tiles to change things up a little cause really the original fire red tiles by themself are just boring, we have seen them so many times. Anyway good luck and get some fresh details into the first post :)

marcc5m

what
Years
That's a great idea! You should totally make a hack like that :)

The beta depends on the poll. If I'm sticking with FR tiles? Probably sometime next Spring. Current graphics? Next Winter.

Why did I quote myself

wait NEXT winter. or NEXT spring. Geez thats a long time... I was expecting something like Christmas or soemthing. Would the beta be to the first gym..

[I don't know how to script or make tiles so really I suck at hacking]

I'm busy with college and I'm really bored with hacking and trying to get back into it.

These tiles are fine! You know if you like it then stick with it their are hundreds of hacks with horrible graphics that are played just because it's a new hack! Yours has great graphics i dont see much of the story line but the scripts seem fine.! You quit on this and ill come dunk your head in the toilet :)

Yes they look fine...but do I have the TIME?

Aw, I don't like to intervene but seeing the latest posts about your poll, I have to (though I do respect everyone's opinion).

Fireworks, why changing the graphics ? Is it because you want to give us a beta as soon as possible ? Or is it because it's soooo time consuming that you fear you might end up giving up ?
If it's the former, keep your new graphics, we're used to waiting when it comes to hacks.
If it's the latter, just go back to FR tiles. Who cares about graphics ? I do like your custom tiles very much, but people enjoy good plot and good gameplay a LOT more. People don't buy games, DVDs or whatever for the cover. If the game looks good but is boring to death and unoriginal, then it's just time wasted for everyone (mostly your time).

The latter. The tiles and stuff that I'm using I got from someone else and he no longer makes tiles. I'd have to make a bunch more tiles, tons of overworlds, battle backgrounds (which I've never tried), sprites...

Actully... Alot of people buy a game JUST by looking at the cover. Like the NES days there were no reviews or anything. Mario is basically the thing. So back then you picked a game by the cover and back description.

Or Fireworks.. You could change the graphics now then in the last beta make it new graphics.

Hmm maybe. Like I said it'd take a lot of time but if new tiles are the only things people care about they'll get new tiles.

Can't wait till this is released! I really love pokemon hacks and this one looks better than any I've ever seen.

I assume you took the video down because it was extremely out of date? Just wondering, because I was hoping to see some gameplay footage and was sorta disappointed when I realized the video was down.

I'd recommend waiting, you'll have a long one though...
Video was removed because I made a new channel.

Glad to see you have returned to rom hacking, fireworks :)
In my opinion I wouldn't change a thing, the tiles are nice and so are the battle backgrounds.
But you said if you go with fire red tiles it will speed up progress, does that mean you have lost all the data to the original ceil? In that case you better off just using fire red tiles and inserting a few matching tiles to change things up a little cause really the original fire red tiles by themself are just boring, we have seen them so many times. Anyway good luck and get some fresh details into the first post :)

No, I still have it.

This game is gonna be so epic! But could you release a NEW video trailer you could send me some footage and I could put it together for a trailer.

All of your posts have been in my thread.
There wasn't an OLD trailer and there's nothing to make a trailer of.

Messed up with poll but it ends Monday.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
I'm busy with college and I'm really bored with hacking and trying to get back into it.

Yes they look fine...but do I have the TIME?

The latter. The tiles and stuff that I'm using I got from someone else and he no longer makes tiles. I'd have to make a bunch more tiles, tons of overworlds, battle backgrounds (which I've never tried), sprites...

I vote "Go back to FR style with a few changes." ROM hacking must remain a pleasure, not a duty. And before I'm misunderstood, I'm not suggesting you to give up on your hack, I'm just telling you to focus on what really matters : gameplay and storyline. These are the main reasons that make people create hacks to begin with, aren't they ?

So, unless you find ready-to-use tiles that you like, don't bother with that. It'd be a loss because the screens look good but, oh well. You can still keep the (awesome) battle backgrounds, add a few overworlds to fit with your storyline, simple stuff like that.
Plus, I guess you can keep the FR style for now, and when the hack is done, change the graphics if you feel like it.

As an ending note, allow me to quote the opening post :
New tiles but fun gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back