• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reign of Light league

light_umbreon

pokemon lover
Years
  • Age 29
  • ohio
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
approved by aurafire

admins:light_umbreon

bannerthing.png

this is the return of the old light league that died out a while ago​

RULES:
this is a black & white league and will e played over wifi
Evasion clause prevents the use of any moves that alter the user's evasion, such as Double Team and Minimize. However, any accuracy moves may still be used.
OHKO clause prevents the use of any One-Hit-Knock-Out moves, like Sheer Cold and Fissure.
Sleep clause prohibits two or more Pokémon on the same team from being slept by enemy-induced status (so, Rest is excluded).
Species clause prohibits the use of two or more Pokémon of the same species. i.e. Two Garchomp cannot be used on one team, but one Garchomp and one Gabite may still be used.
Legendary clause no two legendary pokemon may be used on the same team
There will be no ubers aloud, as well untill smogon updates (if it ever will) no fifth gen legendaries aloud or no pseudo legendaries aloud any other fifth gen pokemon are aloud

Wins and losses will be recorded on the front page, as well as a list of members, gym leader and elite four.
There will be no trainer card system as they are to much of a pain to make if you want one you will need to make your own. battles will be standard 3 vs 3 unless stated otherwise. A team may be switched out as freely as you want. this includes elite four and gym leaders. If a connection is lost during a battle and a rematch is wanted, it must be givin otherwise it counts as a win for the one who wanted the re-match. Please do not rage quit if loosing, there's not much i can do about it, but it's just plain annoying, and if you wish to submit defeat just run away. Trainers may battle freely among themselves as well. Rules may be added later on, and probably will cause I think I forgot some.

Structure:
The elite four structure is as such
Chanmpion: Yellow rank
fourth member: Crystal rank
third member: Emerald rank
second member: Platinum rank
first member: Grey rank​

Members of the elite four will only be there once gyms have been beaten. To gain access to battle the elite four you must collect eight badges. Members of the elite four may switch ranks by battling the member above them. Elite four members also have the right to refuse to battle a lower member if they have already battled that week (to prevent constant battling until a win is made). Members of the elite four may also battle freely as they choose but it will not switch out their rank if they loose.

Gyms:
there will be gyms four each type. and are open to volunteers. Gym leaders may have a second in command if they will be offline for extended periods of time. A gym leader may be challenged for ownership of there gym but doesn't have to accept. there will only be on gym leader of each type and leaders must have at least two of that type on their team. Gym leaders may set there own rules for battle, please refer to them for there own rules.

Badges:
If you wish to have a badge you may design your own, or if you are not a very good designer you may request that Pkm design your badge

A trainer must register first before joining the league. here is the registration form

username:
trainer name:go with a real name or something close
gym leader:y/n if yes then add type
activity:
connection strength:

Events:
Occasionally there will be special events that are planned that break the rules of the league. These will not happen all the time, but there will be rewards for those who can complete them. The first event is being planned right now.

Members
Spoiler:

Gym Leaders
Spoiler:

Elite Four​

Last edited:
Years
smogon has updated their 5th gen uber list and also do the gym leader have to use monotype teams or can use theme oriented teams? ex: drizzle team, dog team, monocolor team, etc.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 15, 2011
It's an honour and a pleasure to be this league's first gym leader- I'm certain I won't disappoint!

Years
in that case i would like to be a gym leader :3
i just need to get back to you on the type of gym it will be >.>

Last edited:

I Date Flaffy's

StreetFighter Till The End
Years
I would love to be a gym leader but i just have a suggestion there needs to be a guideline of what the gym leaders team has to consist od i/e all pokemon have to be the leaders type of something like 4/6have to be, cause right now i feel like i could pick fire and get away with 2 fire types on my team

Just a suggestion, i have no hate or anything

light_umbreon

pokemon lover
Years
  • Age 29
  • ohio
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
Gyms:
there will be gyms four each type. and are open to volunteers. Gym leaders may have a second in command if they will be offline for extended periods of time. A gym leader may be challenged for ownership of there gym but doesn't have to accept. there will only be one gym leader of each type and leaders must have at least two of that type on their team.

and since it's 3 vs 3 that means that 2/3 of the party must be of that type

I Date Flaffy's

StreetFighter Till The End
Years
and since it's 3 vs 3 that means that 2/3 of the party must be of that type

That was not their originally, so dont act like you had it the whole :L
anyway i would love to sign up to be a leader

username:I Date Flaffy's
trainer name:Ryan 'BlankaBall' Watson
gym leader:Yes: Dark Type
activity:Online everyday usually checking online every 2 hours or so
connection strength: Great

Also are badges/trainer images going to be made for this gym?

light_umbreon

pokemon lover
Years
  • Age 29
  • ohio
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
That was not their originally, so dont act like you had it the whole :L
anyway i would love to sign up to be a leader

username:I Date Flaffy's
trainer name:Ryan 'BlankaBall' Watson
gym leader:Yes: Dark Type
activity:Online everyday usually checking online every 2 hours or so
connection strength: Great

Also are badges/trainer images going to be made for this gym?

It was originally there, believe me if you want or don't but it was, and also I may make some badge images but not trainers, it gets to be to much work if you want to make your own you can or heck if you wanted a spot in the league to do that officially you can. As for your entrance you are happily accepted

Years
i've decided on what type i should be

gym leader:y/ Ground
activity: Every day but i have to work so i may be off for a few hours sun-thursday
connection strength: 100%

light_umbreon

pokemon lover
Years
  • Age 29
  • ohio
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
alright then but could you please put that in the correct format it just makes it a bit easier to get the data down

Years
second thought i don't really feel like it. i guess i just got excited cause i've never been a gym leader before lol

btw do we need to post our teams?

light_umbreon

pokemon lover
Years
  • Age 29
  • ohio
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
no need you can switch out your team freely as you see fit so long as you always have 2 of your type of pokemon out of 3

Back