• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
Its always been the generic Pokemon that they use, I hope they change it up this time and maybe even give them a pseudo legendary to make it somewhat difficult.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I could've sworn at least one, rival had a psuedo-legendary in the gaming series...

Yeah; Cheren had a Haxorus, and Barry had a couple of strong pokemon (Heracross, Snorlax...) and yeah, Blue had a Tyranitar.

I don't really mind what pokemon the rival usues, but I want him/her to have a good strategy. D= I just want harder rival battles, tbh. ):

Sir Codin

How about making difficulty levels available at the start of the game instead of after it?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Does the difficulty level in Black 2/White 2 change wild Pokémon encounter levels? If not, then that and other changes involving the difficulty could be added. Adjustable trainer AI, item prices, encounter ratios, and PokéBall capture rates just to name a few.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Hm, It makes me wonder why they didn't have the option before the game in BW2 in the first place. Yes, I'd love for the rivals to have tougher Pokemon and strategies. Maybe they could use revives like us for an improved strategies, as well has laying entry hazards and using combos like wish and protect.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Yesssss difficulty level please! It'd be great if they let us have multiple files, but that'd cut sales down so that'll never happen. I'm okay with that though.

I hated the monkeys too.... -.- And I agree with whoever said gen V handed us Pokemon we needed! Every time before we got to the new gym there just happened to be a place (cave, forest, tower, etc) that just happened to feature the type that was strong against the upcoming gym leader. Gr!

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Well, if you look closely at the second pic, you'll see that his glasses are floating in mid air. That was a graphical error. ):

Yeah, I spotted that and thought it was hilarious that they could let something like that pass.

Years
I think Difficulty levels will definitly make some sort of comeback, it'd be great if I could have an even harder challenge then usual.

To comment about Character Costumization. I think the main character standing in front of the mirror at the beginning of the trailer says it all.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I'm thinking a bit ahead, but I don't think that the third game will be Pokemon Z. That's too obvious, way too obvious. Plus, it doesn't fit in with the DNA theme that the Japanese logos suggest. The only truly obvious third game name was Pokemon Emerald, so don't expect Pokemon Z. But instead..expect Pokemon V. The legendary will be a biological virus Pokemon (and this fits in with the DNA theme since virus implant their own DNA into living organisms.) Or maybe Pokemon B, for bacteria.

I think that would be a much more interesting idea to work with than the possible (and most likely more probable) Pokemon Z.

I think Difficulty levels will definitly make some sort of comeback, it'd be great if I could have an even harder challenge then usual.

To comment about Character Costumization. I think the main character standing in front of the mirror at the beginning of the trailer says it all.

And please let it be available from the start. "Oh hey, let's make difficulty levels available after you beat the game!" wut.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm thinking a bit ahead, but I don't think that the third game will be Pokemon Z. That's too obvious, way too obvious. Plus, it doesn't fit in with the DNA theme that the Japanese logos suggest. The only truly obvious third game name was Pokemon Emerald, so don't expect Pokemon Z. But instead..expect Pokemon V. The legendary will be a biological virus Pokemon (and this fits in with the DNA theme since virus implant their own DNA into living organisms.) Or maybe Pokemon B, for bacteria.
I won't focus on this here in this thread, but Emerald wasn't an obvious name either. There's Peridot, Opal, Topaz...Diamond and Pearl later went to Gen. IV, but they were useable...

If you want to discuss further why you make that comment, please PM me.

Cyclone

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Hmmm, just an idea, but Emerald may have been predictable due to the RBG colour scheme, but that's just a thought, I don't really know. Anyway, Pokemon V sounds like a cool name, Pokemon B doesn't though. A virus based Pokemon would be awesome.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Hmmm, just an idea, but Emerald may have been predictable due to the RBG colour scheme, but that's just a thought, I don't really know. Anyway, Pokemon V sounds like a cool name, Pokemon B doesn't though. A virus based Pokemon would be awesome.

I feel like if Deoxys never existed until Gen VI it would have been the perfect Pokemon for the job.

The only thing about Pokemon V is that like I said earlier, it would be based off viruses that plant their own DNA into organisms. So..I feel like if this were true, we'd see the mascot of Pokemon V combining with Xerneas and Yveltal.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The only thing about Pokemon V is that like I said earlier, it would be based off viruses that plant their own DNA into organisms. So..I feel like if this were true, we'd see the mascot of Pokemon V combining with Xerneas and Yveltal.
Another Kyurem+legendary fusefest type of thing. Interesting. The problem is that they used this type of thing already; I don't know if I can see them rehashing it.

On the other hand, if it was set to work with any legendary (but not normal Pokémon, including starters), that would be interesting as well. Maybe it could learn moves through fusing with the legendary and then unfuse and still know the move?

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021

I think so too....after seeing that if Character Customization isn't in the game then Game Freak is trolling us.

If there isn't customization in the game they should have realized putting the character in such a position would cause confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back