• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

XSE Scripting Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
You're missing the Message Type param. So, just change that line to either...
Code:
 giveitem 0x44 0x1 0x0
for the message "Player obtained Rare Candy."
Or change it to...
Code:
 giveitem 0x44 0x1 0x1
for the message "Player found Rare Candy."

K ty, The compile was successful though in game the message box doesn't come and the player freezes

EDIT:We have to put the XXXXXX in #Dynamic 0xXXXXXX as the offset in Advance Map, right?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
K ty, The compile was successful though in game the message box doesn't come and the player freezes

EDIT:We have to put the XXXXXX in #Dynamic 0xXXXXXX as the offset in Advance Map, right?

No, when you compile a script, you should get a popup that has all the Dynamic values. You need to select the main one, copy it. That's the value you need to put in AMap.

55770717of3.png

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
And change the #dynamic 0x71B15C to another.
Like #dynamic 0x800000
Find another offset that holds more bytes(free space)

Wrong. There's no real need to change the #dynamic offset since XSE would scan the whole ROM, starting from its value.
Finding free space is XSE's job, not yours.
The only reason to change the #dynamic offset would be to speed up the free space research.
But speed gains aren't going to be dramatic anyway (especially with the coming updated version).

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Wrong. There's no real need to change the #dynamic offset since XSE would scan the whole ROM, starting from its value.
Finding free space is XSE's job, not yours.
The only reason to change the #dynamic offset would be to speed up the free space research.
But speed gains aren't going to be dramatic anyway (especially with the coming updated version).

Thanks for clearing that.
I have a question, in XSE and I think PKSV, I saw a command called loadbytefrompointer, and writebytetooffset.
What are the job of these two?
Does it have to do with the RAM thing of the rom?

Daniel A.

PokePower!
Years
I have a question, How do I assign a person to say the text? like once we compile it, where is the script offset so we can add it advance map?

EDIT:

YES YES YES YES!!
SCRIPTING FINALLY WORKSS!!!

I'm GONNA FALL IN LOVE!
JEEZ, THANKS!!! SO MUCH!!

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I have a question, How do I assign a person to say the text? like once we compile it, where is the script offset so we can add it advance map?

EDIT:

YES YES YES YES!!
SCRIPTING FINALLY WORKSS!!!

I'm GONNA FALL IN LOVE!
JEEZ, THANKS!!! SO MUCH!!

Does that mean I don't need to answer your question...? D: Because I posted the answer like 3 posts up. >_>

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Thanks for clearing that.
I have a question, in XSE and I think PKSV, I saw a command called loadbytefrompointer, and writebytetooffset.
What are the job of these two?
Does it have to do with the RAM thing of the rom?

Yes, they do have to do with the "RAM thing" of the ROM.
In particular, writebytetooffset will write a byte to a specific offset into RAM memory.
loadbytefrompointer will get a byte from a pointer and load it in the specified memory bank instead.
Needless to say you're not really going to use them under normal circumstances.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
This is a quite useful tutorial. It doesn't give much away, but basics can be very useful.

I'm just curious, but what boxset is a signpost message?
That's a pretty basic question. I've never scripted much in the past.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Hello there, I have another question. Sorry for the bother.

I wrote a tiny script, and I put this: "text".
The problem is, the first " is the sprites used for the ending ", if you know what I mean.

I found this:
B1="
B2=["]
But I don't really understand it.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hello there, I have another question. Sorry for the bother.

I wrote a tiny script, and I put this: "text".
The problem is, the first " is the sprites used for the ending ", if you know what I mean.

I found this:
But I don't really understand it.

Here's an example directly taken from the original games:

Code:
#org 0x18DC47
= ["]The lovely and sweet\nCLEFAIRY"

Hey Darthatron. What's the codes for the pointy arrows?

to show where they go?

I think you're talking about , [D], [L] and [R], aren't you?

Edit: That "u" should be "U" instead. The forum recognized it as the underline tag.

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Does anybody have any information on the release of the XSE total guide? (The one that is currently released with XSE is quite small... I desire a more... informative updated version.)
I only want to know a release date, so I can mark my calendar! ^_^ Or even a preview version. (Cant blame a guy for asking right?)

Also, does anyone know the numbers for the XSE command in emerald,
registernav. I would like to know what the different trainer numbers would be...

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Does anybody have any information on the release of the XSE total guide? (The one that is currently released with XSE is quite small... I desire a more... informative updated version.)
I only want to know a release date, so I can mark my calendar! ^_^ Or even a preview version. (Cant blame a guy for asking right?)

Also, does anyone know the numbers for the XSE command in emerald,
registernav. I would like to know what the different trainer numbers would be...

Yes, I do. The guide is going on pretty good.
Since the guide is strictly connected to XSE, I'm not able to give you any possible release date so far.

Talking about registernav, there's no reason why the different trainer numbers should be different from the ones used by trainerbattle, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back