• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
Is there a way to add more in game trades into a ROM.
My ROM is Sapphire.

i think theres a tool for it in the toolbox section. look for "zodiacdagreat's toolbox" thread

anyways, for some reason, unlz GBA keeps saying my new trainer picture isnt indexed. the prob is that i set it to indexed 8bit mode in photoshop CS3. why is unlz not recognizing it?

ps:using ruby & trying to replace team magma with team rocket sprites

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Is it possible to edit door animations? I know it's possible to edit flower animations but forgot how.. I saw a tut somewhere.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
I just started scripting and I need some help.
I want to make this person give you a Treecko and then walk out of the screen and after that you don't see him again.

This is what I've done can someone help me?

#Dynamic 0xOffset
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
givepokemon 0x252 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x828
msgbox @text
boxset 0x6
release
end
#org @text
= I found this Treecko. Well...you can have it.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
What is the script (in XSE) for having a sprite appear for one event, and then leave the next time you are in that area?

thanks

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2011
is there a way to mod the game so you can get the old sea chart, eon ticket, mystic ticket ect without nintendo events and have them work using advance mart and buying em for like 5000 doesnt work?? any ideas??

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
is there a way to mod the game so you can get the old sea chart, eon ticket, mystic ticket ect without nintendo events and have them work using advance mart and buying em for like 5000 doesnt work?? any ideas??

maybe a give item script?

dont ask me how, because i suck at scripting rite now. lol.

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
same here im learning (very slowly) thx ill try it (or ill try to try it)

lol ok, you do that. im going to learn to script better after i've finished other stuff, or when i really need to script.

Basically what know right now is mapping, changing the title screen and (sorta) editing sprites

xD

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Please I need help.

I just started scripting and I need some help.
I want to make this person give you a Treecko and then walk out of the screen and after that you don't see him again.

This is what I've done can someone help me?

#Dynamic 0xOffset
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
setflag 0x828
msgbox @text
boxset 0x6
release
end
#org @text

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2011
i am terrible at scripting but download free space finder or wateva its called its made by hackmew and find a space with say 100 FF for fire/leaf and 00 for ruby/sapphire i think thats right anyway and then click the copy button and paste it were i have put --- then try this

Code:
#Dynamic 0x---

#org @start
 lock
 faceplayer
 setflag 0x828
 msgbox @text
 boxset 0x6
 release
 end

#org @text
plz note i have just changed your script around a bit from wat i have seen in tutorials because im learning scripting

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2010
Hi. I'm new to the forums, and I'm too lazy to browse through the hundreds of pages to see if this was already asked, so I was wondering: Is there any way I can create pokemon/change sprites in a Diamond/Pearl rom? Like, let's say I wanted to create a new Pokemon such as "Mewtwo-X":

View attachment 44231

or change Blaziken's sprite into this:

View attachment 44230

or even change the trainer into me:

View attachment 44232

Is there a current way that I can do any of those? Please respond.

Yes, I did use fusing to create those sprites. If you could rate me on those, as well, I'd be much obliged.
Hate to be a bother, but does anybody have an answer to my question?

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
i am terrible at scripting but download free space finder or wateva its called its made by hackmew and find a space with say 100 FF for fire/leaf and 00 for ruby/sapphire i think thats right anyway and then click the copy button and paste it were i have put --- then try this

Code:
#Dynamic 0x---

#org @start
 lock
 faceplayer
 setflag 0x828
 msgbox @text
 boxset 0x6
 release
 end

#org @text
plz note i have just changed your script around a bit from wat i have seen in tutorials because im learning scripting

Yeah but I need to make the guy walk out of the screen and I also want to not see him again. That's what I need to know. Thanks for trying Can somebody help?

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Yeah but I need to make the guy walk out of the screen and I also want to not see him again. That's what I need to know. Thanks for trying Can somebody help?

You need to use "applymovement" to the sprite and use the hex numbers for what movements the sprite will make. How one would go about that, Im not sure. For never seeing him again, try to use "hidesprite", and apply that to the next time you enter that building.

My hair-brained logic ^_^

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2010
I know where the search is, and I've tried searching, but I couldn't really find anything. In my question, I asked if you could change sprites in D/P roms; not just recoloring the player overworld sprite w/overworld editor, but I mean actually replacing them with different sprites. Anyone have the answer?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I know where the search is, and I've tried searching, but I couldn't really find anything. In my question, I asked if you could change sprites in D/P roms; not just recoloring the player overworld sprite w/overworld editor, but I mean actually replacing them with different sprites. Anyone have the answer?

ya might need to read the rules in the first post...

• Do not ask the same questions over and over again.
    Instead, search the thread if it already has been answered and if not, just wait for someone to answer it! If you don't want to wait, just [url-inline="search.php"]search the forum[/url-inline] and try to find an answer yourself. Almost everything has been answered before.
  • Search the archives for answers first.
    [url-inline="showthread.php?t=60051"]The archived Simple Questions thread[/url-inline] has a complete collection of questions, most of them already answered. Please search there before posting a question.
  • Do not demand for answers to your questions!
    People to not have to answer your questions, they do it because they want to! Not only are those posts annoying, they also are completely pointless! If such a post is found, it will probably be deleted.

also, there are tutorials located in the documents and tutorials section...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back