• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
New titlescreen for the hack. Also slight news update ...

In exactly one month from now, it'll be the one year anniversary since Pokemon: Discovery was announced to the public. Time flies by ... this past year has been a quick one. However I have made it my mission statement to and without further hypocrisy to my previous posts ... announce a release date. I know I've said in the past... oh two weeks from now, then months have passed by... but for good reason. Either the hack wasn't ready or I was too busy to commit. Now that I have free time, I can finish up the beta and release it to the public. That only leaves a month to do work so Tcoppy and I have some work to do.

Beta 1 Release Date: Sept. 1st, 2014

Also, here is the new titlescreen:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
So hyped!!!

If the game is as good as the titlescreen, we're in for a fantastic game :)

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
Congrats on the position! I can only imagine that you must have worked hard for that!

Good to hear that you have more free time now, cause the revamped titlescreen looks and sounds amazing! If either you or Tcoppy need any graphical help with anything, just message me.

Le pug

Years
Congrats on the position! I can only imagine that you must have worked hard for that!

Good to hear that you have more free time now, cause the revamped titlescreen looks and sounds amazing! If either you or Tcoppy need any graphical help with anything, just message me.

Thank you. Yeah it was 2.5 years of 12 hour days 7 days a week at some points lol so it was quite the journey. I'm just glad it's over now! Haha.

I'm glad you like the titlescreen, it's good to get positive feedback on it. I appreciate your offer to help us and if we need it, I will definitely come to you! Thanks again. I'm also looking forward to the newer events in your hack! I know it's going to be good.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2015
Does that qualification require a Bachelor of Engineering or is that kind of lumped in with the course?
Really interesting job qualification, hope it works out well for you.

Le pug

Years
Progression is going well. Built a new route and fully scripted it with a new LoW sidequest. Third place, Berry City almost completely done with scripting. Currently working on the next map... A grassy labyrinth!

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
New title screen looks sweet!

Also Sept. 1st is is the day before my birthday, so happy birthday me. XD

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Hey guys sorry 4 not posting but can someone please explain how's da hack is doing?
The hack is doing good. The grassy labyrinth is still being worked on, then we'll just have to polish some stuff (for example: add new pokemon, fix the trainer battles, add the wild encounters, and adjust the level curve if it's bad), and then it'll be tested! :D

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
The hack is doing good. The grassy labyrinth is still being worked on, then we'll just have to polish some stuff (for example: add new pokemon, fix the trainer battles, add the wild encounters, and adjust the level curve if it's bad), and then it'll be tested! :D

Thx tcoppy I can't wait :D I'll give my review after I play beta

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
Hurray!! I've waited so long and I am absolutely thrilled to download the Beta! It's coming out right when I move half way across the country. :D

Also, congratulations on getting the position! Well done good sir. Well. Done. :D

TheCompanionHoplite

...is fast asleep!
Years
Hey, I don't know why, but this hack is somehow very attractive to me... I can't quite put my finger on it... Anyway it's designed and presented in a beautiful manner. I can't wait for the beta! (And congrats on your progress regarding your job)

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
Normally, I read through a few pages of comments and replies before posting anything, but I just can't wait to say that this is one of the most intriguing stories I've ever heard! I'm really looking forward to an Alpha release, but I have to ask..

Will we be able to find a Vulpix in PD?

Le pug

Years
Normally, I read through a few pages of comments and replies before posting anything, but I just can't wait to say that this is one of the most intriguing stories I've ever heard! I'm really looking forward to an Alpha release, but I have to ask..

Will we be able to find a Vulpix in PD?

Yes, there will be Vulpix in the beta actually. It'll be in Forest Path 4 right below Berry City.
Also thank you for your interest in the hack, trying to get everything done by the 1st but I'm scared I might not :[ Worst case scenario I just push the release date back a day or two.

In other news, I don't think I ever mentioned but the grassy Labyrinth above Berry City is finished and completely scripted. Now leaves the map below and then two more maps to build. Here's a new map to the hack:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 16, 2016
I've been reading up on this and so far love the idea and waiting patiently for the beta.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
This seems like a really interesting story ~ cant wait for the beta. Great job so far!

I've been reading up on this and so far love the idea and waiting patiently for the beta.
Thanks for the support! Le pug and I appreciate it.

Now for some bad news...
As you may have guessed from the title, we delayed the beta to Friday, September 5th. We have just been really really busy with real life stuff. But fear not! We are just finishing up the beta itself and once that is done we'll do a quick test on our chat! :D

Five more days waiting will be worth it in the end.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2023
Thanks for the support! Le pug and I appreciate it.

:) This hack really appeals to me. I plan on joining the coast guard when i get out of high school so all of the naval aspects of the game look awesome and it really unique compared to huge amount of pokemon hacks constantly being released.

Back