• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The NPC Trainer Class Challenge V2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
YO.
So, while listening to to some random ass music i played and the following happened:
Bianca surprised me with a ♥♥♥♥ing battle omg.Still beat her tho. After getting and releasing a Panpour, Bird-X evolved into a Starvia! And after doing some gym tariners, i'm ready to take on the gym leader!

Barry,Lillipup,male,lvl 12,Hasty,Pickup (Leer,Tackle,Helping hand,Bite)
Bird-X,Staravia,male,lvl 15,Docile,Intimidate (Tackle,Double team,Quick attack,Wing attack)
Storm,Snivy,male,lvl 12,Rash,Overgrow (Tackle,Leer,Vine whip,Wrap)

Tek

Years
Hehe this looks fun. Sign me up!

Username: Tek
Game: Light Platinum
NPC: Bug Catcher

I actually started this a while back, but wasn't sure at first if it would work out. So here's my first update, which is roughly 10 hours of playtime.

Spoiler:

Current Team:

Wil the Beautifly
Timid Male Lv 32
Thief/Attract/Mega Drain/Gust

Tyler the Vibrava @ Lucky Egg
Lonely Male Lv 37
Dragonbreath/Crunch/Sand Attack/Headbutt

CUTTER the Scizor @ Quick Claw
Adamant Female Lv 28
Cut/Focus Energy/Metal Claw/Leer

Helga the Heracross @ Amulet Coin
Lonely Female Lv 30
Horn Attack/Ice Smash/Leer/Endure

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
This thread is now under new management! As I take over this thread, of course I have to sign up.

Username: Feraligatr13
Trainer Class: Youngster
Game(s): Red, Gold, Ruby, Pearl, Black 2

I also made a structured list of rules, rules that will hopefully make this challenge easier to play but still incorporate the challenging aspect! ^_^

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Name: GucciMeme
Challenge Type: Single
Trainer: Scientist
Game:YELLOW

To be clear, the only Pokemon I can use are (including Final Forms): Ditto, Porygon, Electrode, Magneton. I might need to hack in where necessary, if that's okay.

Don't forget, you have all kinds of inorganic Pokemon to choose from, such as Koffing and Grimer. You also have Poison-types. Remember that the Pokemon in your team only have to satisfy at least one of the parameters, not necessarily all of them. You can start with Bulbasaur and you shouldn't have to hack after that :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Oops, forgot to edit that. Anyways, the other two regions are Gold and Red

You now have two challenges in Kanto, one in Johto, and one in Hoenn. You still need one more different region, sorry. Just post a fourth, fifth, or sixth generation game and I'll add you.

Tek

Years
Small update:

Rocked the Water-type Gym in Seanport, third badge achieved. Nothing too notable there, no KOs or anything. I find myself going back to Pokémon Centers a lot though, all of the trainer Pokémon are pretty high-level, even if they have teams of three or more.

Journeyed to Dardusk City. Gained a few levels per team member, and replaced CUTTER's Leer with Rock Smash.

One other thing:

I'm not on the challengers list.

Tek

Years
Sorry, I think I only took challengers that were on the list and carried them over. Light Platinum Bug Catcher, right? What region would that be?

It's the Zhery region. There's another region after the E4 as well, like HG/SS. Dunno what it's called though.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
It's the Zhery region. There's another region after the E4 as well, like HG/SS. Dunno what it's called though.

Ok, it sounds like this game goes under hacks, which I forgot in singles. I'll do it now.

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
Years
Username: Lehtot
Games: Blue, Crystal, Sapphire, Diamond, Black
NPC: Hiker
Ultimate?: YES!

This seems so interesting concept and many people seem to enjoy it I have to try it! But since I'm thinking about doing an Ultimate challenge, am I allowed to transfer PKMNs from my Hall of Fame to the next gen game? For example, I beat the hall of fame with a Blastoise, can I take my Squirtle with me to Johto?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Username: Matthew Jay Reynolds
Games: Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, White 2, Y
NPC: Lass
Ultimate?: Yes

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
But since I'm thinking about doing an Ultimate challenge, am I allowed to transfer PKMNs from my Hall of Fame to the next gen game? For example, I beat the hall of fame with a Blastoise, can I take my Squirtle with me to Johto?

Oh, I didn't make that clear. The general rule is that you can't use Pokemon that you normally wouldn't find in your Pokedex. However, since GSCHGSS is a two-region generation, I can make an exception. Here's the idea. Say you had beaten the first gen with your Blastoise and Aerodactyl, Pokemon not normally found in Johto. Since it is the same reason, just with level increases, you may bring back any Pokemon from Kanto to use for the second half of the game, as long as its level does not exceed the level of any of the Gym Leaders' strongest Pokemon. So, for example, say your Aerodactyl was Lv. 42 and your Blastoise was Lv. 67. Since Lt. Surge's strongest Pokemon is an Electabuzz Lv. 46 (in GSC), and your Blastoise exceeds that level, you would able to send over the Aerodactyl, but not Blastoise. Get the gist of it? So yes, you can transfer over your averagely-leveled Pokemon from Kanto to Johto, but not between any other regions. No murdering Wallace/Juan with your Raikou, or using your beloved Cacturne to destroy Crasher Wake. Now that that's explained, you're added!

Username: Matthew Jay Reynolds
Games: Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, White 2, Y
NPC: Lass
Ultimate?: Yes

Added :)

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
Years
Oh, I didn't make that clear. The general rule is that you can't use Pokemon that you normally wouldn't find in your Pokedex. However, since GSCHGSS is a two-region generation, I can make an exception. Here's the idea. Say you had beaten the first gen with your Blastoise and Aerodactyl, Pokemon not normally found in Johto. Since it is the same reason, just with level increases, you may bring back any Pokemon from Kanto to use for the second half of the game, as long as its level does not exceed the level of any of the Gym Leaders' strongest Pokemon. So, for example, say your Aerodactyl was Lv. 42 and your Blastoise was Lv. 67. Since Lt. Surge's strongest Pokemon is an Electabuzz Lv. 46 (in GSC), and your Blastoise exceeds that level, you would able to send over the Aerodactyl, but not Blastoise. Get the gist of it? So yes, you can transfer over your averagely-leveled Pokemon from Kanto to Johto, but not between any other regions. No murdering Wallace/Juan with your Raikou, or using your beloved Cacturne to destroy Crasher Wake. Now that that's explained, you're added!

Okay, gotcha! :)

Update:
Spoiler:

TEAM UPDATE
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back