• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
(at least I know HackMew's OWE has a limit XD)

That's because the tool don't read from the "first" offset... You can just change the INI, file, the thing there would be most time spending on that is you would had to repoint ALL your orginal OW (151) or ruin the next data... But an easy solution would be just to swiss between two INI files you have made.... But Andrea (I gotta write that since it's an awesome name!) even putted he's source with the tool:surprised:
I don't know about a limit, But I would gues 256 if the sprite number can be storred in a singel byte... (But I don't know If that it's in a byte or a word)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2008
Please can some1 help me. I patched shiny gold and fire red, but when i go to play the patched game the screen on vba goes white and it makes a loud beeping sound. please can some1 say what wrong and how i can fix this.
Thanks

Pugpeople

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
I used to have that problem with a few hacks around here but I did something and it worked, only 1 thing I can think of;

Your patching the wrong hack language most hacks around here and based on the American Version (U)

This should be it, hope it helps :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2008
Thnx, ill try it now, your probalby right though.

pugpeople

Thanks so much, i was using american shiny gold and english fir red, lol....!

Thanks
Pugpeople

Last edited by a moderator:

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
zel, i think IF you did something, changing the sprite on easy so they're easier to see just on one setting.

Will there be a main quest and a few side ones?

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
I honestly can't wait till G/S/C music is in there. At least the battle themes.
They were the best, and a lot better than this repetitive fire red music.

Btw: Are you working with anybody to try and get the music in there?
Or is there someone willing to insert? There's a thread with lots of mp3 formatted g/s/c remakes but I can't link it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
Well, in the music department, I pwn you, Carlos XP

Anyway, this seems to be a really good hack, though I am not a fan of those DP tiles. if you plan to keep them, you should consider changing palettes to something more lively... You may have also noticed a few hacks in the past have used EXACTLY SAME tileset as yours. They were the copiers, but you can always come up with something better :P

Good luck!

rj217

a person
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2010
what up zel. so far this hack has been nothing but fun. is there going to be a day/night system in b6?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Anyways, I like the new mini-game you made Zel, I wonder what happens when you complete the hardest mode? Do you get money or an item (or even a Pokemon :surprised:)
I hope I don't need to use Savestates to beat your mini game (I don't want a kick in the rear from Carlos :P)
I wish you good luck on Shiny Gold. :)

As I said before, it's just about money... $_$ (that, and just as a challenge to your skills, which you may or not may be up to), who said all the minigames should be interesting and profitable (anyway, since the minigame is challenging, specially on the harder modes, you may end up broke... :o )

Um, Zel. Is it possible to elminate the the return to the title screen after the Elite 4? This way people with save states won't complain?

Even if it gives me a lot of headaches, I wont take out that part (it bothers me enough that I cannot use that ending for after you beat Red at Mt.Silver)

Dont worry, because I'll be smarter on the next Beta, and I will replace the "Backup Memory" error message with a detailed explanation on what to do to not have problems (basically, what we've all been saying during a year+)

That's because the tool don't read from the "first" offset... You can just change the INI, file, the thing there would be most time spending on that is you would had to repoint ALL your orginal OW (151) or ruin the next data... But an easy solution would be just to swiss between two INI files you have made.... But Andrea (I gotta write that since it's an awesome name!) even putted he's source with the tool:surprised:
I don't know about a limit, But I would gues 256 if the sprite number can be storred in a singel byte... (But I don't know If that it's in a byte or a word)

All I remember is that I started adding stuff like crazy and suddenly OWE reached a point and stopped loading overworlds after a number (which I think it's the value you said, the obvious FF), but, whatever, I did that a lot of time ago, and I'm sure there's a lot of stuff I should read, then try again and see if I can organize myself better this time.

Wow! The new minigames look awesome! Can't wait! Will beta 6 have all the legendarys in?

Nope. It just has 2 capturable and 2 that you'll just see for now. The rest for the final release.

zel, i think IF you did something, changing the sprite on easy so they're easier to see just on one setting.

Will there be a main quest and a few side ones?

The thing is that I intentionally wanted them to not be that easy to figure them out, just to be trickier to your memory :P
That's why they'll stay as low-def as it was in the video.

Have I mentioned yet that I absolutely love the trick house puzzles?

I dont know, jaja! But it's good to hear that, since puzzles are not easy to come up with. I still dont know how the Trick Master manages to do it... XP

I honestly can't wait till G/S/C music is in there. At least the battle themes.
They were the best, and a lot better than this repetitive fire red music.

Btw: Are you working with anybody to try and get the music in there?
Or is there someone willing to insert? There's a thread with lots of mp3 formatted g/s/c remakes but I can't link it.

Just look at clonex's profile on Youtube, because the tracks he's been showing there will be inserted and will be heard just like that (his profile is something like kuronekusu or something like that... guess clonex was already used? XD)

Well, in the music department, I pwn you, Carlos XP

Anyway, this seems to be a really good hack, though I am not a fan of those DP tiles. if you plan to keep them, you should consider changing palettes to something more lively... You may have also noticed a few hacks in the past have used EXACTLY SAME tileset as yours. They were the copiers, but you can always come up with something better :P

Good luck!

Silly... You have a lot more of experience than I do, if you started adding music by the time I was starting to hack -o-

Lively palettes? Me? That doesnt combine too well, and I'm happy with my palettes. I wont change them even if other people use them, in fact, that's what lets me allow other people to use them if they like them (Why? Simply because I dont care about similarities, I'm just worried about liking what I have in my own game, and so far I think it's looking nice ;P)
That doesnt mean I'm not open to suggestions, just that it may be hard to make me change my mind (did I say I was stubborn? yep, a few times :P)

Battle themes or just town themes?

I've only spotted one Battle theme, a rival theme. (The first trainer you fight, forgot his name).

There are a few others, though not like they sound too good '-_-

---

Alrighty, I finished investigating what I needed and it seems I'll be able to do the next minigame without too much effort. What's it gonna be about? Well, after thinking a bit about FF6 (3 in the US), I dont know why, but I've gotten the image of when you fall through a waterfall while battling fishes (weird, I know), but I thought about a minigame where you (while surfing) will fall through a waterfall and you will need to avoid obstacles coming to crush your swift fall (if you hit an obstacle, you lose), and, along the way, there will be pokeballs and coins.

Well, I dont really want to get into too many details, as I also need to start implementing, just in case there are changes along the way, but that's basically the idea of what the next minigame will be about. Hope it works exactly as I want it to be because I'm quite excited about it :P

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
I listened to the New Goldenrod and I must say I like the current one much more. The volume may be too high but it saves me the trouble of turning it up. XD It is just my favorite and hope it will stay.

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
Years
honestly this is one of the best hacks there is,I wish u best of luck to finish it zel
(nd hopefully,make the trick house really hard to complete)

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
Just look at clonex's profile on Youtube, because the tracks he's been showing there will be inserted and will be heard just like that (his profile is something like kuronekusu or something like that... guess clonex was already used? XD)

The Youtube account is: kuronekkusu25 (clonex25 account is still mine, but now, I only use it for family use, hehe)

Yes, zel, you've read it right: TM08. Since Rock Smash is now HM, you may use its former slot for Whirlpool (since you've changed the TM set to GSC), so you can have Dive as HM08.

Years
hey zel i have a question are you going to change the face you know in the region map cause i was just wondering. anyway i cant wait till beta 6 well good luck with it

Back