• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
NO! You must NOT use No$GBA for hacks...

And Xenoblade : Please stop this... you or SP aren't thread's creators... I understand that those posts are annoying but the only thing we can do is to convince Wes to put those tutorials into first post.

Xenoblade

needs a banner. PM me please!
Years
Okay, I've edited my post to look nicer. Sorry, I did go a bit off the wall. Hopefully we can convince Wes to put it up there, it'd make things easier ("I haz du whitez screeeenze..." "First post"). Again, everyone, I'd like to apologize for my unnecessary rudeness in the post.

Xenoblade: too much, don't you think?

"everyone's final warning"? who do you think you are? an admin? you think that just because you joined the translation team you can insult others? think about yourself.

I repeat: I understand, but you could have said that normally. You didn't have to be so rude.

Okay, look. I did not say I had the right to insult others, nor did I insult anyone. I have edited my post accordingly, so anyone who finds it now will find it calm and informative. And, just to avoid problems for "flaming," I suggest we drop this. I've done what needed to be done, and did not insult anyone in the process, I merely informed and edited the given information to expel the rudeness from the original tirade that I dared call a post.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2010
wtf after i press "new game" game freeze" got explation to it? am looking forward for any solution this game is hot and am so eager to play it.

Xenoblade

Years
wtf after i press "new game" game freeze" got explation to it? am looking forward for any solution this game is hot and am so eager to play it.

Hmm...that's one I've never heard of before on this thread. I honestly have no idea, so my only things to say to you are:

1. Talk to either Wes, Ash, or SP
OR
2. Just don't hit new game...? It's kind of pointless, honestly. You'll just play through up to the same point. But, if you want to hit new game, go for #1 so that they can figure it out, okay? ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2014
one problem i noticed: the path to entei is blocked by what appears to be the texture tiles for the pokemon gym exterior. it will not let me through and i therefore cannot get entei and therefore cannot get ho-oh.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
one problem i noticed: the path to entei is blocked by what appears to be the texture tiles for the pokemon gym exterior. it will not let me through and i therefore cannot get entei and therefore cannot get ho-oh.

Don't play the old beta. It's just way too old. And very glitchy.

PS: Xenoblade, I know that you joined my team, but
try to be a lil' bit nicer eh?
I know I'm not that nice, but you can just reply them in a better manner.

Since when it's your team your Highness? xD

Well, before I scared Ju Potatoes away, he said that he can't
Rom Hack, and said that he will translate the Hack. (By text messages, not
through Rom Hacking.)

Of course, he failed, (Very Badly) then I said I'M gonna
translate this. Then, you asked "Would like some assistance?"
Of course, I said "Yes." And began working on it.

Later a team was formed... by me and you. Lastly, a new member
joined my team, and that's Xenoblade.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2017
Ok For all that have the white screen problem heres how you do it!!! Get a Pokemon Ruby v.1 Rom (U) then get ips patcher then patch then put it in vba.. if you wanna put it in a portable system.. after you start the game and the girl shows up close it and go to the folder where the Light platinum game is located then copy the rom and the save file, then put the sav file in the sav file of gpsp or w.e you and the rom in the rom version and voila thats it!!! if anyone want me to send them the files pm me and i'll get em to you

Years
I've played this game, at least an older version, as the screenshots on this are different than when I downloaded it. It's fun and challenging(especially the gym leader with a gyarados that knows earthquake), but the english is fail, the only good english was the game text he didn't edit. The english is so bad it's actually funny to read.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2010
See what I say below...

See what I say below...

See what I say below...

Okay everyone, listen up. Now, you claim you are getting a "white screen" which is normal for a just downloaded VBA. Another one of you said something about using a "psp or pc." IT ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WITH A VBA ON A PC! Now, for the rest of you, follow these instructions. Next time, please read the previous pages, like I did to be caught up on all of this, and do everything they say on fixing this problem, we've all helped people several times.

TO FIX THE "WHITE SCREEN" PROBLEM:

1. Download the VBA on the first page of this thread.
2. Download the suggested v1.0 Ruby ROM (Google it).
3. Download the English Beta 2 patch on the first page.
4. Double click on the IPS file and then find your ROM in the new window.
5. Double click on the ROM. A window will pop-up saying it's patched.
6. Open the ROM in the VBA.
7. On the VBA, go under Options > Emulator > Save Type > 128K.
8. Play through the game, and if any other problems are encountered, re-patch the ROM up to three times. If it is still having problems, report it on this thread describing the exact problem and send a video (Instructions are in one of my previous posts) to either me or Ash493. We'll try to help you fix it.

just letting u know but pokemon light platinum does work on psp im playing it right now with no problems ^_^

Xenoblade

Years
Don't play the old beta. It's just way too old. And very glitchy.

PS: Xenoblade, I know that you joined my team, but
try to be a lil' bit nicer eh?
I know I'm not that nice, but you can just reply them in a better manner.

Well, before I scared Ju Potatoes away, he said that he can't
Rom Hack, and said that he will translate the Hack. (By text messages, not
through Rom Hacking.)

Of course, he failed, (Very Badly) then I said I'M gonna
translate this. Then, you asked "Would like some assistance?"
Of course, I said "Yes." And began working on it.

Later a team was formed... by me and you. Lastly, a new member
joined my team, and that's Xenoblade.

I did apologize, and I edited the post accordingly to "clean it up." Sorry that it happened, but I would like to add that I know full well I don't get "special privileges" by joining any sort of team. I never thought I did, I've just read through all of the pages upon pages of posts leading up to this, and I guess annoyance just grew on me through all of the "white screen" posts. I mean, it's apparently been said around 10 times how to fix it. Nonetheless, I'll refrain from doing that again. I've actually helped a few people who PMed me, they had the wrong ROM, not the settings.

just letting u know but pokemon light platinum does work on psp im playing it right now with no problems ^_^

Okay then, good to know and remember.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
can someone help me...??
i was playing the game and i pressed A button 5-6 times during text and the screen got struck in a forest..i can access the menu but do nothing else...is there a way to fix this ??

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I've played this game, at least an older version, as the screenshots on this are different than when I downloaded it. It's fun and challenging(especially the gym leader with a gyarados that knows earthquake), but the english is fail, the only good english was the game text he didn't edit. The english is so bad it's actually funny to read.
Play the new version ;)
That one should be without grammar mistakes.

@Mujahid : That's weird bug... try to repatch.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
While the most current progress is extremely impressive, I have thoroughly enjoyed this hack in all of its incarnations. I have but one question. Will features such as the lava surf HM, the flying mechanism you created, and the surfing contests (seen on page 17) be in the final version? Thank you for your time.

~Merilyn

Pokemon Misted Amethyst
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2014
I also have the white screen problem...
I've tried all the fixes so far, none of them work.
I'm using VBA on a laptop. I have windows 7 if that makes any difference.
Can somone please help me?

Xenoblade

Years
I also have the white screen problem...
I've tried all the fixes so far, none of them work.
I'm using VBA on a laptop. I have windows 7 if that makes any difference.
Can somone please help me?

I sent you a message, hopefully it'll help you out. A lot of people have had not the save type being wrong, but instead the correct ROM to patch it to. Let me know if my message helped you (Reply to it, don't post a "thank you" on the forums or anything).

Steeldude

Ace Trainer
Years
While the most current progress is extremely impressive, I have thoroughly enjoyed this hack in all of its incarnations. I have but one question. Will features such as the lava surf HM, the flying mechanism you created, and the surfing contests (seen on page 17) be in the final version? Thank you for your time.

It's interesting that you mention it. I would like to know how this attack (I mean Lava Surf) would look in battle (it could be recolored Surf) :)

Xenoblade: let's no longer deal with it ;)

Trainer Ninja

Master of all games
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2010

Yeah I hope they're in the final version.

Back