• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I chose Squirtile in my FRLG and Treecko in my RSE. Squirtile because I love Blastoise, and Treecko bc I don't like Torchic or Mudkip much.

grovyle802

Great at pokemon
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2011
Fire Red: charmander (chose charmander in red version)
Leaf Green: bulbasaur (chose bulbasaur in blue version)
ruby: treeko (evolves into my favorite pokemon which is grovyle)
saphire: mudkip (have no clue why)
emerald: don't own

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2012
Fire Red: Bulbasaur.
Ruby: Treecko.
Sapphire: Torchic.

XJ55

Treecko and Squirtle :) Pok?mon Ruby has been my first Pok?mon Game and I still have my Sceptile from Pok?mon Ruby in Pok?mon Black!

c3rad

Grass-Type user
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2012
In ruby I chose Treecko, because I always thought Sceptile was made of awesome, and because I love grass types.

In Leafgreen I picked Bulbasaur because he is my favorite starter of all time.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Ruby: Mudkip
FireRed: Squirtle

Technician

Aerial Ace
Years
I love the starters in RSE. They all end up being awesome. Swampert is a beast, Sceptile is awesome, and Blaziken is just really fun to use. My next run through will likely be Mudkip.

Super Red

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
On Pokemon Ruby, I started out with Treeko, mainly because so I could beat the first Gym. But after seeing the final evolution of Torchic, I restarted and chose that instead. I've restarted a bunch of times after that and now I always chose Treeko. On my Emerald I always choose Mudkip. When I had FireRed, I chose Charmander.

SoopahScizor

The Master of Steel
Years
R-Treekco (I got a Ruby off of Gamestop and it had Jirachi!)
S-Torchic
E-Mudkip
FR-Bulbasaur
LG-Squirtle

Mudkip is my favorite starter and it will always be.

Domo Genesis

This is Beautiful, This is Art
Years
In Blue I chose Venasaur. I chose bulbasaur by accident, actually. But I didn't know how to start new game back then. xD
In Crystal I chose tododile. It's just that Feraligatr has the highest physical attack stat out of all 3 johto starters.
In emerald I chose mudkip. because i LIEK THEM.
in platinum I chose empoleon because I like penguins. xD
in white I chose serperior since it's the fastest.

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2012
I chose Charmander in LeafGreen. He made Brock really hard in Blue but in this game it wasn't that big of a deal because of metal claw. :)

Back