• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Oh, I didn't know this was here. I would've introduced myself last week if I didn't think I'd have to make a separate topic out of it. Well, 50-70 posts later...

Name's Patrick, and I usually register with my real name. I think I was just really lazy signing up, admittingly mixed with some slight discomfort in doing so.

I'm not really intrested in Pokemon, at least as a franchise, as I got tired of it during the 3rd generation. Black, Ruby, Red, Yellow, they're all the same to me. But in having cultural significance, I'm more about Pokemon fans. And sometimes, I like to talk about the fun I had when I was actively involved in the series. I still have some compentency (I surprise myself with the 5 Pokemon game in Pokemon Trivia), but there's days when I mentally black out and can't remember a single Pokemon fact.

One of my favorite Pokemon things is fan art, and probably more than that, fan comics (if they're humor based moreso than dramatic). I'd actually really love fan animations if I knew people were doing them. That leads to a question, where exactly would people post comics? Art & Design or Fan Fiction and Writing? I don't plan on uploading anything, but I'm interested in what others are doing. I'm always interested in seeing more interpretations of these things.

My favorite Pokemon is Nidorina, and favorite family is the Nidoran family. Following that is Vulpix, and then according to the favorite Pokemon of each type thread, it falls apart after that due to fragmented memory. But I can honestly say I don't dislike any of the first 151, and I prefer generation 3 to generation 2, despite the fact that I have a better recollection of the Pokemon in gen 2. Overall, you can get me into any Pokemon from any generation if you give it an interesting personality.

Finally, I'm a jack of all trades sort who can do just about anything. An animation foundation helps me with art, character design, color and animation (I love to experiment with different illustration styles), while a games background allows me to undertake various game projects. I have a graphic design background too, but didn't retain a lot of that knowledge, so I'm pretty weak there. I also can't write music (though I can do covers). I like to stay inspired by viewing a lot of blogs and what have you of people's art, and it's usually girls (for some reason, the way girls draw or color appeals more to my tastes). In fact, I don't remember the last time I've been to an art blog that was owned by a male...

TL;DR

dbp is the Nidorina loving fair weather opportunist with a bad memory that enjoys Pokemon humor and art blogs owned by girls and he draws graphic design games or something.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
Hello guys,
I just registered and the website kept buggin' me to introduce myself, so I thought I'd might as well do so. Well I'm Chrisilly and I've been loving pokemon for a looong time and I actually just thought I'd like to learn how to hack, so that's the main reason I've joined and I hope I'll get to know a lot of nice people here.

Furthermore, I guess you could call me a pokénerd when it comes to facts/stats/attacks/blablabla so I'll help out where I can. Alright I hope this will suffice as far as introduction goes. If any of you want to know more, let me know ;)!

Bye!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hey there you two! <3

Great to meet ya Patrick! I've seen ya around a few times, and it's certainly not too late to introduce yourself. :) Haha, I tend to have bad memory myself. Fruits help me a lot with memory. So I eat them a lot. xD Hope you are having a great time here at PC, and judging from your post count, it looks like you are! Hope you stick around!

& haha Chrisilly! We bug you because we love new members like you! The whole introducing yourself thing is optional and it's all up to you, but we'd love to get to know you! Welcome aboard, and hopefully...like the user above, can stick around!

Also hope you all have a wonderful holiday! ^_^

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Fruits, eh? Oy, help a brother out then. What fruits do you recommend? I enjoy going grocery shopping for new items and produce, or even old favorites, so I have no problems stocking up.

I recently bought a cactus pear, for example. I have no idea what it's used for, I've never had one, I've never even seen one, and I'm not exactly sure how you eat it. But, I still had to have it. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Apples and oranges, my favorite. ^__^ I haven't heard of a cactus pear, so can't help ya on that. Never tried them, before, actually. xD

Years
Hello guys,
I just registered and the website kept buggin' me to introduce myself, so I thought I'd might as well do so. Well I'm Chrisilly and I've been loving pokemon for a looong time and I actually just thought I'd like to learn how to hack, so that's the main reason I've joined and I hope I'll get to know a lot of nice people here.

Furthermore, I guess you could call me a pokénerd when it comes to facts/stats/attacks/blablabla so I'll help out where I can. Alright I hope this will suffice as far as introduction goes. If any of you want to know more, let me know ;)!

Bye!

Hello Chrisilly, and welcome.

If its hacks you want, you shall skip on down to the section that is Emulation!

Just remember to read the rules, and make sure you have a very Merry Christmas. Contact mods if you need help.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Cid

Years
Oh, I didn't know this was here. I would've introduced myself last week if I didn't think I'd have to make a separate topic out of it. Well, 50-70 posts later...

Name's Patrick, and I usually register with my real name. I think I was just really lazy signing up, admittingly mixed with some slight discomfort in doing so.

I'm not really intrested in Pokemon, at least as a franchise, as I got tired of it during the 3rd generation. Black, Ruby, Red, Yellow, they're all the same to me. But in having cultural significance, I'm more about Pokemon fans. And sometimes, I like to talk about the fun I had when I was actively involved in the series. I still have some compentency (I surprise myself with the 5 Pokemon game in Pokemon Trivia), but there's days when I mentally black out and can't remember a single Pokemon fact.

One of my favorite Pokemon things is fan art, and probably more than that, fan comics (if they're humor based moreso than dramatic). I'd actually really love fan animations if I knew people were doing them. That leads to a question, where exactly would people post comics? Art & Design or Fan Fiction and Writing? I don't plan on uploading anything, but I'm interested in what others are doing. I'm always interested in seeing more interpretations of these things.

My favorite Pokemon is Nidorina, and favorite family is the Nidoran family. Following that is Vulpix, and then according to the favorite Pokemon of each type thread, it falls apart after that due to fragmented memory. But I can honestly say I don't dislike any of the first 151, and I prefer generation 3 to generation 2, despite the fact that I have a better recollection of the Pokemon in gen 2. Overall, you can get me into any Pokemon from any generation if you give it an interesting personality.

Finally, I'm a jack of all trades sort who can do just about anything. An animation foundation helps me with art, character design, color and animation (I love to experiment with different illustration styles), while a games background allows me to undertake various game projects. I have a graphic design background too, but didn't retain a lot of that knowledge, so I'm pretty weak there. I also can't write music (though I can do covers). I like to stay inspired by viewing a lot of blogs and what have you of people's art, and it's usually girls (for some reason, the way girls draw or color appeals more to my tastes). In fact, I don't remember the last time I've been to an art blog that was owned by a male...

TL;DR

dbp is the Nidorina loving fair weather opportunist with a bad memory that enjoys Pokemon humor and art blogs owned by girls and he draws graphic design games or something.
Another Patrick! I'm also named Patrick, yep. I suppose it's inevitable to have someone with the same name in the forums, especially if it's such a common one. :p But this must mean that we have some other things on common! Also, I'm glad you posted an intro here. :)

It's too bad that you're not interested in the franchise right off the bat, but yeah this is a great place to meet some of the fans if you're looking for that! We have tons of boards that cater to guys like you who don't like the main franchise, so pick whichever ones you like and post around. Although that's a pretty late advice because you already have a good amount of posts to begin with, haha. I'm not actually sure if anyone here is actively posting comics but I reckon that if they will, it would be located in Art & Design. There's so much more good stuff that I bet you'll really like in Art & Design, though! We have some great artists that draw franchise-related art. ;D

Your favorite 'mons are pretty cool. I personally prefer Nidorino over Nidorina and Growlithe over Vulpix, but ehh they're all awesome. I prefer Gen II over everything else tbh, but Gen III was also lovely because of all the water. Plus I have to agree, I dig any 'mon regardless of the generation it came from as long as it's interesting.

It was a great read, a bit long but still pretty good. :D I consider myself a jack of all trades too, just because I've never settled down to a specific place here. I know we get a lot of advantages for being so versatile though! You seem like a really cool dude so I hope you become even more active as you experience the forum. But yeah, welcome to the forums, Patrick! And Merry Christmas. B)

Hello guys,

Bye!
Hey there Chrisilly! Hikari directed you to your main destination, and I'm glad that she did. It's probably going to be a rough ride, but it gets even better when you see progress with your hacking skill. I didn't see that because I fell out of activity and interest, lol. But I really hope that doesn't happen to you! And I hope you'll get to do a lot of cool hacks! Don't imitate the silly things that I did. :p

Oh yeah, everyone in this place is pretty much a nerd regarding the franchise. ;) Just not on the same levels I suppose, haha. I hope to see that knowledge when you post around in discussion threads! It's gonna be awesome having someone who proudly knows a lot about the franchise. But yeah I shall see you off now! Good luck with your future hacks! Happy holidays, and welcome to PC~

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2013
been awile since ive used this form changed alot and increased activity with new pokemon hacks =p

Cid

Years
been awile since ive used this form changed alot and increased activity with new pokemon hacks =p
Oh hey Cubera! Welcome back to the forums! I'm glad people like you decide to come back; it gives me hope that someday the vanished users that some of us sorely miss will return. ;; You seem to not have made any posts back in 2006 though, which makes it even more surprising that you came back! I hope that this time you'll stay for real. The atmosphere might have changed, but it's still the same old forum you decided to register in way back. I'll take a wild guess that you came here some six years ago just to download hacks, but I hope you realize now that PC's more than that. I think I don't need to tell you that though. I mean, you've been already posting around, so that's good. :) Still, make sure your posts follow the rules!

That being said, it wouldn't hurt to check the forum-wide rules because there might have been some changes done to it since you last saw it. The sections have also been refurbished so their rules might have also gotten a new coat of paint. Still I hope that despite the long absence, you will still enjoy this forum to the fullest. Now that you're here, see this opportunity and grab it!

Catch you later. Hopefully you're a little more active by then! Until then, have fun! ;D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2016
Hi,

I made an account to have access to the awesome hacks people on this website make, and to read all the tutorials with a view to making my own hack at some point in the future/ :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hi,

I made an account to have access to the awesome hacks people on this website make, and to read all the tutorials with a view to making my own hack at some point in the future/ :)

Great to see ya here! Creating an account here is the perfect step of a fabulous exploration towards the Emulation section! There are a lot of hacks for you to try out, as well as some are in beta! There are also tools and tutorials for yout to read & download, so you'll always find what you need. :3

Years
I'm looking for people to trade and battle with on Pokemon HG and SS. My friend code is
5458 8212 1941. I just started a new save so bear with me guys.

Heya! This is unfortunately not the best place to request battles/trades. I recommend stopping by the Quick Battle Requests thread in the Battle Center if you'd like to find someone to battle, and check out the Trade Corner for your trade-related needs. :3

Years
Hi,

Shall I direct you to the hacking community that is the Emulation section? You'll find everything you need to know over there!

Oh, and welcome despite your account being 9 months old.

Years
Hiya, Call Me Adam for short, and is new here, Looking to make some like minded friends and join and/or create a skype pokemon group. Have a dry and sacarstic sense of humor and like to have fun.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hi there Adam! Nice to see ya here on PC! A lot of us are Pokemon fans so you aren't the only one! We are pretty much OBSESSED. :3 So if you love to have fun, you will totally love it here. :D You will have plenty of fun! ^_^

Welcome aboard <3

pokedetective12345

Unborn Furry
Years
Hello... I don't know how long I have to make this post, so I'll just state everything I can squeeze out of my head xD

I'll keep my true identity anonymous, but you can refer to me as anything you like :D. I first found out about pokemon from the diamond and pearl games, eventually becoming a huge fan. I bought all the merchandise I could find in markets, on e-bay, and even in merchandise stores. Right after HG and SS was released, I got into family complications, and lost my love for pokemon amidst all the stress from personal life. However, as of recently, a friend of mine re-introduced me to pokemon, and I started playing the games again. Admittedly, I forgot mostly everything, and so I was looking for the best dragon-type pokemons when I found this forum. Seeing as the moderators and members of this site seem to all be friendly and nice, I registered to have fun, re-learn all the things I've forgotten, and just chat with all the nice people. :D

Cid

Years
Hello... I don't know how long I have to make this post, so I'll just state everything I can squeeze out of my head xD

I'll keep my true identity anonymous, but you can refer to me as anything you like :D. I first found out about pokemon from the diamond and pearl games, eventually becoming a huge fan. I bought all the merchandise I could find in markets, on e-bay, and even in merchandise stores. Right after HG and SS was released, I got into family complications, and lost my love for pokemon amidst all the stress from personal life. However, as of recently, a friend of mine re-introduced me to pokemon, and I started playing the games again. Admittedly, I forgot mostly everything, and so I was looking for the best dragon-type pokemons when I found this forum. Seeing as the moderators and members of this site seem to all be friendly and nice, I registered to have fun, re-learn all the things I've forgotten, and just chat with all the nice people. :D

Wait, what? Are you on a time limit? This sounds serious! :O

But yeah we appreciate the effort that you put into this post a lot. :) Welcome to the forums, Pokedetective! You seem to be undercover right now, which might be why you prefer to hide your identity, haha. I'm just kidding, you're allowed to be as private as you want. Don't be too private, though; at least let yourself known around the forums. :p But yeah, you're a Fourth Gen fan I must assume; people usually love the generation they started with when they continue being avid fans of the franchise. I personally didn't really like DPPt as much as the others, but I enjoyed them thoroughly despite that. :D Also you collected Pokémon merch!? That's so cool, some people liked showing off merch that they got in the Pokémon General DCC, but that was way back, haha.

It's a shame you had to leave the franchise for a while with those real life complications, but I'm glad you were reintroduced to it! By the way, if you're still looking for a good Dragon-type Pokémon, I say go for the pseudolegendaries (Dragon-types with a base stat total of 600), or Haxorus because that's one of my favorites. ;D Only if you're playing Fifth Gen, though! For other questions that you might have like that one, I mean like the very simple in-game questions (because you could always start interesting discussions as new threads, too!), you might want to ask them in the Quick Questions thread inside the subforum relating to the game in question. :3

But yes, we are a fun lot most of the time. It's nice that you came here just to chill out with some friendly people and have fun, I mean that's exactly what this forum's all about! As for relearning things, it'll come along the way while you post around the Pokémon-related sections (also with Google searches, other dedicated Pokémon sites and stuff like that). Speaking of which, you could always explore outside the Pokémon area and try out our other discussions outside the franchise, because you might find a home there too. ;) It's all up to you. All that matters is that you enjoy yourself. Now I shall send you off! Or of course, you could stay right here and chat more, haha. I'm certainly up for it, and I'm sure the other new users here will be, too.

Years
Hey guys, I just registered here. I have been playing pokemon since I was a little kid but never got that seious about it.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
Hi! I'm Leaf, nice to meet ya! I only registered just yesterday...XD But nonetheless, welcome from a fellow-not-so-old-user. :D

I played the games late, but even then, I still love them. If you mean by serious, like not serious about battling, then that's cool. :) I'm kind of the same way, except when I got in a razz about competition, and learned about a lot of competetive battling. Now I can't even accept a mild natured Gengar. XD

Sorry for my rant. Anyways, as another new user, I hope to see ya around! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back