• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda:The Lens of Truth

sketch

3D animator/movie director
Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
OK,this game has been planned for a long time.I have original graphics,but I don't know if I should keep them or use the official Nintendo graphics.If I use the orinal ones,I can get a mask system probably because th graphics are the same style and I could have a wider variety of people.I'm also doing some cutscenes.I may do one for the intro,but it would take forever to release a demo so what do you all think?I'll probablly use it just for items and bosses.I'm going to use a normal battle system but add 3D battlechars and monsters like Oot style.It'll also have a hp system,I just wanted to make more of an original game instead of the normal Zelda games.I've only mapped the intro woods part for now though.I'll now post the story and screens.Enjoy!

Link, alone in the woods, was being amazed at the scenery.Suddenly, a dark figure who seemed to be only an outline filled in with pure black came out of nowhere.He suddenly spoke these words,"Darkness is fed by fear,but vanquished with courage".It had an eery ghostly voice and it seemed to speak in Link's head.Link was dumbfounded,he'd never seen this figure before.He lunged out immeadiently at it,but it vovered and sped backwards through the woods still staring in Link's direction.Fog came out of nowhere and Link was determined to find whatever it was he encountered.He headed straight through the fog,he had no idea where he was going,but he just kept charging.He came across a large tree with an opening that looked like a mouth.He peered down to look,all he could see was a dark pit that led straight down.He looked around wondering where it went.He peered down again and heard a sound behind him.He turned around to the dark figure's face a few mere inches away from his.He was startled and jumped back accidently falling down the pit.The darkness color,which began swirling all together mezmerizing Link as he fell.The color changed to light and he landed roughly on a small circle of grass.The figure appeared in front of him and began to speak,"Link,Hero of Time,I have called you to my land to protect us against a very dark powerful evil.He can take form of anything he pleases,even you.You must find the Lens of Truth,a sacred item in this land."Link remembered about his old lens of truth which unconveniently was'nt with him."But,in fear of someone discovering his identity.He split the Lens into several pieces.The more pieces you have,the more of the truth you will see.You must find his identity,vanquish the evil,and help return our land to normal.Also remember what I said about darkness.Can you help us?"Link nodded."Good,I will now leave you,you must find the lens of truth,and remember,not everything you see is true!"The figure disappeared and the patch surrounde by white nothingness,became surrounded in a field of grass.Link retraced his thoughts,and he set foot on a journey of life time...

Screens:
1)current title
2)in the woods with the dark figure
3)in the fog after the dark figure
4)current Link model I made on 3D canvas

Tell me what you think!

sketch

Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Wow!Thanks!I can't believe I already got a reply.I've done a huge amount of work on this game.Mainly the model though.I have the model done but I have to pose it into the animation skeleton.I ran into a problem though,each bone was using the wrong shape,I think I'll make the whole model one big shape to fix the problem.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
great game. I think you should make the title screen a little better though. It looks to boring and not right for a zelda type of game. The rest is amazing though. keep up the great work.

The falling down the pit is alot like Majora's mask to. just an observation. Good luck, and hope you release a demo soon.

sketch

Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Ya,I got that idea from the game,and that's not a permanent title.I'll make another one.Or,can someone make me one kind of Like Twilight Princess or something?

sketch

Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Sorry to double post but I got alot done last night,I'm done with the intro.I'm now mapping the town.It's turning out great!I'm also going to be showing an animation of each place before you enter it,or like a map.Kind of like the pokemon games where when you go into a cave or something,it shows a picture of it,but in this game,it will show a 3D model from above it and zoom the camera around it to get an idea of what everything looks like.I'm also going to start making a new title.

sketch

Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Sorry to post again but I have screens,and I wanted to show people that there's a new post!Ok,here's what each pic is.

1)Link on a patch of grass talking to the dark figure
2)Town in progress
3)map of uncomplete town
4)(I know most will like this)This is what I was talking about with the zooming camera,it's just a pic of a mountain environment I made.It's kind of easy to do once you get the hang of it.

Well,tell me what you think!You can also rate them if you'd like!

EDIT:I gave the mountain screen a death mountain like look.That's one way I get ideas for maps,just toy around with some effects till you find something good,and,voila,you've got an idea!

sketch

Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Sorry about that.How do you like the new screens anyway?

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
wow. Those are very good. You are really working hard on this game. I hope you release a demo soon. Do you have an idea of who the first boss will be. Or is it a creature not in the other zelda games.

sketch

Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
I'm not sure what it will be yet,but it will probabally never before seen in a Zelda game.Still,can someone rate some pics?Oh,I also put some info of this game on my site at www.freewebs.com/sketchybros so you can check it out if you'd like.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2006
This game is very good. What program are you using?

Is this goin to have an rpg battle system or the original zelda type like when you swing the sword and it damages the enemy.

sketch

Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
This is going to have an rpg battle system and is made in rm2k3.The animations are in 3D canvas and model magic.

sketch

Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Sorry to doublepost but I wanted to show I posted som more stuff.Okay,I made 2 new 3D scenes.My current wok is on the battle sytem,I'm trying to get the Link model on a battle char sheet and find some good backgrounds,and testing the capabilities of the 3D program so I can see what I'll be able to do and not.I've come pretty far since the first post.Okay,here's the new 3D scene tests.

1)This one was a test on lighting and a night scene.The little glowing thing is a fairy which took me forever!I did it last night but I had to go to school so I'm posting it now.

2)This I did today.This may end up being a mini boss to test the battles for in-game stuff.It's also a test on the glare of the sun I figured out how to work.

I showed some 3D scenes and game shots to some friends at school today,and they were amazed at what I had done.Most of them don't even know what the rm2k series was so they were even more amazed.Most people don't even have a clue of how to do it.

Tell me what you think!

sketch

Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Still none's post and I want to show there's an update so here it is.One reason I was using that Link sprite was I didn't like the Minish Cap graphic because he seemed too childish and not real serious.But,I'm having a huge update.Theres's someone on zfgc.com that made a redo of the Link sprite.It's a more serious loking Minish Cap style Twilight Princess Link.It is much better.I'm going to get some Minish Cap tilesets now to make it even better.Another reason,I wanted an original sprite.This was exactly what I was looking for!The only downfall is it will be harder to do masks which may not happen now.I need a Deku,Goron,and Zora Link MC style now.I have all the masks and I can make a Fierce Diety.Can anyone support this game by finding me some?Help would be appreciated.I'll show you the new sprite now.

Back