• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Well. That could not have gone any worse.

Stuff happened with what I posted a few pages back. And. Yeah. I need a corner.

Ledgetheorc

Pokemon Researcher
Years
_Dramatic Drumroll.- .... I feel you shouldn't associate the connotation of good with sexy. I mean, seperately they are great, though don't make them mutually exclusive. As negative as I sound, I promise I don't mean to come off so brash.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
_Dramatic Drumroll.- .... I feel you shouldn't associate the connotation of good with sexy. I mean, seperately they are great, though don't make them mutually exclusive. As negative as I sound, I promise I don't mean to come off so brash.

Nah, you're entirely alright.
I know what you're trying to say, it's just, they were the first thing's that came to mind, so...

Years

Did something happen with your father? I think that's who you said was not the most accepting person in your family.

This is a corner you can be in if you need to get something off your chest. You know, to vent if you're angry or just feel like you're in good company.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years

If you feel comfortable telling us what happened, I'm sure we'd all agree that we'll happily be a silent listener, or a vocal advisor depending on what you need.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years

I agree with what the others said. If you need anything, this is a safe zone for you to come to and talk about whatever you need.

SylphyStarr

SylpyStar
Years
I really actually don't mind labels. I like them, in fact.

Why is it bad to simply call myself "lesbian"?

I don't feel the need to go and explain to everyone the specifics, and really, that is what I am. I am lesbian. I like women.

I guess it's just me but I think labels are okay unless you are recognized only as the label ("hey look at that chick!" "the gay one?" "yeah" unless its used like this or for discrimination of course).

If someone likes labels then that is their choice I guess. I just personally don't think they are constructive in any way and lead to people taking shortcuts when it comes to getting to know who someone and leaves too much room for stereotypes and generalizations.

Years
I really actually don't mind labels. I like them, in fact.

Why is it bad to simply call myself "lesbian"?

I don't feel the need to go and explain to everyone the specifics, and really, that is what I am. I am lesbian. I like women.

I guess it's just me but I think labels are okay unless you are recognized only as the label ("hey look at that chick!" "the gay one?" "yeah" unless its used like this or for discrimination of course).

I think it partly depends on how well a person actually fits into any particular label. For myself, my sexuality isn't really all that nuanced: I am very asexual, and very aromantic. I fit quite neatly into both of these labels, and am quite happy to use them to describe myself. Likewise, there are people who fit perfectly (or close enough to perfectly) into straight, gay, bi, and pan, who probably don't mind the labels either. But, there are people in between all those things that probably don't feel like any one label accurately describes the way they are, and that's when labels are not so useful any more. Like someone who is attracted to the opposite sex 99% of the time, and the same sex 1% of the time. Do they tell people they're straight, or bi? Same issue if someone is sexually attracted to one sex, but romantically attracted to another. Or sexually attracted to men and women, but romantically attracted only to men. There's also the all-too-prevelant issue of people making personality assumptions based on orientation, or not realizing that a person's orientation can change over the course of their lifetime, so I can understand people not liking labels from that perspective as well.

It can all get pretty complicated, and getting people who don't understand how nuanced and fluid sexuality can be (which seems to be most people) to accept a new label can be extremely difficult, if not impossible (I have run across a few people who just flat out refuse to use the term asexual or pansexual because they are "ridiculous" orientations that "don't really exist" or because they think we "have too many labels as it is")

Years
Anyone should use labels if they like to. I agree with SylphyStarr on this one.

I feel that sexuality is very fluid (at least for me, it is), so when I label myself, I get a feeling that I somewhat limit myself. For the sake of explaining myself to others, though, I identify as bisexual and I'm comfortable with that most of the time.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Labels are complicated...
Anyway, the school put me on a leave for 2 days, and then, they'll have me see a therapist to "evaluate my mind." (Full Story here. My boyfriend also posted on there.)

Pros: I can talk to my mate all day.
Cons: I might be deemed crazy.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
School counselors in my experience (Which means I've only ever dealt with 2 in my life, and this does not apply to any other ones that I have not met. Don't hurt me.) are complete scumbags with literally no regard to the feelings of, or what's best for, the students that talk to them. And why should they? They get paid exactly the same, regardless of how many students they talk to or help, and are overbooked across several schools.

One of my friends was in high school was in a similar situation to yours, except that he spoke to the counselor about being insecure about other students making fun of him. She assumed that meant that he was angry at them and was going to murder them or something, and literally sent him to an insane asylum for kids against his and his parents will over the weekend. Even when his parents demanded him back, he wasn't allowed to leave until his next appointment with the counselor. They sued the school over it, but I'm not sure if they won or not. I know the kid, and he's really gentle, and was not even considering anything like that. I've had my own issues with them too, but uh... I think I've ranted enough. lol

Either way, be careful about her, and don't act rashly. Get your parents involved as much as possible, and don't let them make assumptions about what's going on in your head. Also if you actually are planning on making a list, please don't. :)

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Basically, some dude kinda pissed me off, and I've been stressed because my grandmother passed away and she was my method of coping with the crap at school. I said something that involved the words "list" and "plan" he said something back, and the school only freaked on me, and he told me the same freaking stuff back.

And don't worry, my parents are in on this. They know how I am, and they know me, sorta. Hell, I figured out how my dad found out I was bi, for lack of better terms, was because my grandmother told them because I never really talk to them much anymore, and they're worried about me.

I just want this to end...
I just want my boyfriend with me, to snuggle, and get away from this place called life.....

Years
If you want to get even at him, then don't even tell him. Remember the importance of keeping plausible deniability so he can't hurt you. I'm not advocating for any violence here, I'm just telling you how you can keep yourself safe in any/all circumstances ;)

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
guess who got a gf

me

Okay, it doesn't really feel like a huge event or anything considering we've been talking to each other like we really were going out for like...a while. So this is just making it "official." I think I'm at a point now where I can start thinking about other people, and other people just happened to be her! Knew it was coming! But ahhhh I wish my relationships weren't always internet-based /lhvclsw

I've been in the long-distance club for a while D: The only difference now is that I'm older now and have the ability to...actually do stuff and get money and things.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
guess who got a gf

me

Okay, it doesn't really feel like a huge event or anything considering we've been talking to each other like we really were going out for like...a while. So this is just making it "official." I think I'm at a point now where I can start thinking about other people, and other people just happened to be her! Knew it was coming! But ahhhh I wish my relationships weren't always internet-based /lhvclsw

I've been in the long-distance club for a while D: The only difference now is that I'm older now and have the ability to...actually do stuff and get money and things.

Congrats! :D

My bf's turning 20 tomorrow....
I'll be 16 this July...

JUST ONE MORE YEAR 'TILL I'M OF LEGAL CONSENT AGE!!!
Hell ya!

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
Heck yeah! Legal!

I know how that is, too! My last love was 5-6 years older than me, and I met him four years ago, so.... Next year I'll be the age he was when I met him o__o; Feels a bit weird to think of it like that, but I like how as you get older age starts to matter less and less!

Back