• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Animal Lovers Association

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Well I haven't posted on this for a few days, sooooo. How is everyone? View attachment 70705

Hellooo cutie! :3

The past couple of days I've been dogsitting my niece's puppy. It's a Shih Tzu and he is the most adorable thing! He can literally form into a ball and you'll pretend it's a pillow to put your head in. I swear, those kinds of doggies are a ball of fur.

In other animal news, anyone a fan of water/sea animals? I LOVE tropical fish so much.

Tropical%2BFish%2Bby%2Bluxuryplaces%2B(7).jpg

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Those fish are called the Blue Tang (species name: Paracanthurus Hepatus), which is the exact species of Dory. I'm pretty excited about the new movie coming out next year though! Can't wait to see Dory in her new adventure :3

betta_crowntail_blue_100816a8_w0480.jpg

I'm practically fascinated by Bettas. I used to have three males (in separate tanks, of course...because if you put two males in the same tank they will fight to the death). One of them got to live for 2.5 years, and they usually live after 1.5 years or so. They illuminate the tanks and create a beautiful accent in their homes, as well as our homes too.

Sirc

Azrael Nightmaren
Years
username is Sirc
I love love Raccoons and Hyenas :)

Looking to adopting an english bull terrier when i move out!
theyre so cute!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hola Sirc! Welcome to our cozy club :3

English Bull Terriers are so cute! Especially as puppies! They're so playful and cute. I'm really glad to hear that you'll be adopting one very soon. Be sure to let us know how the adoption goes, alright? ;3

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Everyone, let's all stop what you're doing and LOOK AT THIS. So cute!!!

How did you find it, Joey? Was it abandoned or something? It looks helpless D:

:( sorry I led you guys wrong. I found that on the internet. I was searching through some pictures on Google and found that. Sorry again.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
OH. lmao. It made it seem like you found it! xD

Either or, it's so adorable nonetheless! When I lived in San Diego a couple of years ago, I found many places where skunks were setting as their homes, and I always hear little baby skunks squeaking. Me, being the animal lover I am, I wanted to get close to see, but risking myself to get sprayed on? No gracias! xD

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I know how that is. I found a family of skunks when I was in michigan. I didnt want to get too close to it. And afain, sorry if I made it seen like I found it.

View attachment 70804
This reminds me of the fire ferret from The Legend of Korra. And I always wanted one... But this is close enough.. I want one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
So, we have 3 dogs, Vancy, she's the oldest one, Ember, she's a hybrid of Vancy's breed and a German Shepherd named Neo (who passed away coz of old age) and obviously the offspring, and Toby, who we just got about 5-6 months ago.

Well, I wanted to tell you all that Ember is actually pregnant for a week or so with Toby as the father and we are pretty happy actually :]

I think that the child would still show signs of her grandfather's German Shepherd roots and we are pretty happy. That just means we would have anther dog in our family :/

BREAKING NEWS: Jgh from school and guess what?

Ember finally gave birth! Can't tell you all the details yet but there are 2 adorable puppies and imma get into detail soon x3

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
BREAKING NEWS: Jgh from school and guess what?

Ember finally gave birth! Can't tell you all the details yet but there are 2 adorable puppies and imma get into detail soon x3

Congrats! I'd love to hear how many puppies she has in total. :)
I like taking care of newborn pups (raised 2 litters already in the last 2 years) but it can be stressful.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I haven't had experience with newborn puppies but I have with kittens. My oldest kitten Serafina had three litters one year apart each (before I finally spayed her), and on one of those litters I kept one. Either or, it's a blessing to welcome little ones into the world. It's also fun to watch them grow and learn by the day. One day you'll be like "WHAT. THEY GREW UP SO FAST. ;;"

Congrats on Ember's delivery, Gunner! When you have the chance please tell us more on what happened!~

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
My brother kept one from my dogs first litter (the yellow lab I posted a picture of) an my mom kept one from the most recent litter.
But my brother left and didn't take we so now she's mine.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
Congrats! I don't have any experience with newborn anythings, but I can see how raising them can be stressful.

2 puppies at the shelter got adopted over the weekend, 8 week old little black lab mixes. c: So cute. I was too busy to take pictures, but they were so sweet. We had one of the puppies behind the front desk after her sister got adopted, because she kept crying when she was alone in her room and had to be held by someone.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
It's not as stressful until they start their litter/bathroom training, which is after they are weaned. That's where things get a liiiitle complicated :P

I hope those two black lab mixes do well in their new home. So grateful for them! :)

So guys I wanted to bring a discussion topic that is relevant to this week: SUPER BOWL. For us animal lovers we have the Puppy Bowl, which is a doggy version of the football game. It's fun, I haven't watched it myself, because I'm a bigger football fan and I want mah footbawl, but I'd love to give it a shot at watching it this year!

Also, not to mention the commercials! Here's a compilation of the 10 super bowl commercials of all time~

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
^ I remember most of those. Some made me laugh a little. And I have seen the Puppy Bowl before; maybe around 5 years or so ago since the last time I saw it. Its kinda cute. idk. I just watched it to see all the different breeds of dogs that are in it.. Then I stop watching after about 5-10 minutes or so. I get either to bored or I have to do something.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I do remember the Bud Light one with the dog serving up the beer. I should train Abby to do that. :D

Here's another one that I like a loot. I lol'd.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I remember some commercial about very very small hippos living inside a house, I forgot it was a commercial about what, tho xD

And going off-topic here. Here's Snappy hiding under the bed!

Spoiler:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm hoping we'd see more animal related commercials this weekend! I'm required to write a report on three ads during the super bowl, and I'm gonna try to catch at least 3 of them and write how animals are being used as marketing tools. xD

& awwww Snappy looks so shy on camera omg. xD probably trying to hide from it maybe? xD

Back