• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Final Fantasy Fan Club

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years

What the club is about:
This club is for people who enjoy the Final Fantasy series or really anything that the Square company has made. If you don't know what Final Fantasy is all about but have heard about it or want to get to know about it, this is just the place for you. Join in for a conversation, don't be scared to ask questions or anything. Get to know the games, and get to meet some new people.

If you're looking for Kingdom Hearts head over here!

Rules:
Follow all PC rules
Don't be rude, especially if someone has a different opinion than you
Don't bash, troll, put down, flaming, none of that. You will be punished immediately.
Stay active as much as you can
Keep conversations related to final fantasy or other Square products (Kingdom Hearts, World Ends With You, etc.)
If someone has proposed a topic and 3 days have passed or 5 people have replied to it, then a new topic may be suggested.
Have fun

Username:
Topic answer:
FF games you've owned:
Choose a FF character to represent you (optional):

Members List:
Spoiler:

Bi-Weekly Topic:
Favorite Femal Characters

Side Topics:

Spoiler:

My signup

Username: alvmonster
What was your first Final Fantasy game? : My first Final Fantasy game was Final Fantasy X so I'll have a certain bias and love for it even if it does make me uncomfortable at times (Tidus' insane laughing when you're leaving Luca), but it is home to one of my top 5 favorite protagonists and my second and third favorite antagonists.
Games owned: I & II Dawn of souls (GBA), III(DS), IV(SNES), VI(SNES), VII Dirge of Cerberus, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII (360), XIII-2 (360), XIII Lightning Returns (360), Crystal Chronicles (Gamecube)
Represent: Auron

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
I am certainly signing up for this

Username: Judge Mandolore Shepard
What is your favorite Final Fantasy game?: When it comes to favorite Final Fantasy game, mine would have to be Final Fantasy IV since it was the first one I played.
Final Fantasy Games you've owned: I (PSP), II (PSP), IV (DS), IV The Complete Collection (PSP), V (GBA), Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP), XI (Xbox 360), Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360), Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP), Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy (PSP), Thearhythm Final Fantasy (3DS)
Represent: Gilgamesh

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Weekly topic: When a new game comes out do you have to get it?

Final Fantasy owns my soul, really square in general does. Any time a new game comes out by them I have to get it as soon as possible and if I don't get it I start feeling bad that I haven't bought it and start selling things so that I can have enough money for it. Which is what I did when Lightning Returns came out, I ended up selling most of DS pokemon games, the only ones I still have are HG and White and I sold my copy of Shadow of the Colossus to scrounge up the last bit of cash to buy a used copy about two weeks after the release.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
When a new game comes out do you have to get it?: When a new game comes out or when it is about to come out, I think about if I have the right system for it. If I do have the right system for it, then I decide that I have to get that game. Course if I do not have the right system for it, then I do not get the new game. That is how I make the decision when a new game comes out.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Username:RainbowShy
Topic answer: It depends on the game. If it's a final fantasy one, probably not. I don't play the newer games as much as I did the older ones.
Final Fantasy games you've owned: Too many to name!
Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Rikku Al Bhed

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Username: Ninja Surskit
When a new game comes out do you have to get it?
Not really. I haven't even gotten close to buying 14 yet :p

Final Fantasy games you've owned: I've had a few. I've beaten 1, 2, 3 ,4, 5, I have 7, but haven't beaten it, 10 and 10-2(haven't beaten them yet, 12, 13 and 13-2.
Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Arc

Kinda off topic, but I was such a ♥♥♥♥♥ in Final Fantasy 5 xD
Master archery, to get the ability thing to attack 4 times, master ninja to get dual wield, then hold a blood sword or two and use rapid fire. That's how I got through the game xD

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Quick little thing, if you will look at the members list section and open the spoiler it has everyone's names and then a picture of the character which you chose to represent. If you find a picture that you'd rather have there besides the one that I found just either post it here and I'll put it in or you can pm/vm it to me. Try to have it be solely your character though if you do decide you want it changed.

Years
Username:
Vanille Sky

When a new game comes out do you have to get it?
Hm, I do feel a certain obligation to get new games that come out simply because I'm a huge fan of the series, and they're JRPGs. Though the latest one, Lightning Returns, seems like a re-hash and I never particularly liked Lightning as a character so I don't feel as compelled to get that one \: Waiting on XV though!

Final Fantasy games you've owned:
Final Fantasy 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 12, 13-2, XIV: Realm Reborn, X | X-2 HD Remaster, Crystal Chronicles, Dissidia, Crisis Core

Choose a FF character to represent you (optional):
Aeris Gainsborough! Would have chosen Cloud Strife, but I'm not male D:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I know I played the demo (Lightning Returns) when it first came out for download and I really liked the battle system, which is one of its few pluses. And then the gameplay is reminiscent of Majora's Mask in that it is kinda a time attack type thing where if you run out of time you have to go back to the beginning, losing all but your abilities and equipment. But I am definitely ready for XV. I already have a jar that I'm putting money in daily so I can go out and buy a PS4 or Xbone and get it.

Years
All I want is Square Enix to move on from the XIII story line because I'm honestly sick of Lightning as the main character >>;; Though XIII-2 was better, in my opinion, simply because of the whole paradigm shift and time traveling concept (maps were still linear though), and Lightning was out of the direct picture. I've seen gameplays of the game, and the bottom left corner seemed convoluted with multiple bars \: Still debating on whether or not to actually get the game sometime down the road; leaning towards not wasting the money and keeping it for other games.

And I shall answer another question: What do you think about FF XV? Do you think it'll be better than previous ones or the same old "junk" the past couple of releases have been?
I've had high hopes for this game ever since it was announced back in 2006. The latest trailers that were shown last year only generated more excitement for me because the battle system looks seamless, majority of the cast consists of males, graphics look amazing, and I was definitely looking forward to it for the PS3. Once they announced it for the PS4, I immediately thought, "Oh gosh, I'm going to have to get the PS4 just for this game," and I'd be totally willing to do that.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I really liked XIII and XIII-2. I actually had the honor to meet the english voice actor behind Snow. :D Man, is he fine. <3 Me and my boyfriend are like Serah and Snow. We even have Serah's song as our song as well.

I don't know if I'd ever be able to invest in a PS4. I'm not much of a huger console player as much as I used to be. :/ I'm more keen to having games on the 3DS or PS Vita, which is why I was excited when I heard that X and X-2 were coming out on it. I did get stuck in Bevelle Chamber of Fayth though. -_-

I didn't see the side topics, btw... so I've been wanting to answer these ones:

Who is your favorite protagonist? Definitely Yuna. She's so pretty, plus she's very strong-willed and determined to reach her goals in life. I've always adored the most about her.
Who is your favorite antagonist? Sephiroth. Mainly, because my ex-best friend got me into him. He also has the best song ever, imo. <3

Years
Serah's theme in XIII-2 is absolutely beautiful! Always loved the music in Final Fantasy. Not entirely sure if both songs in XIII and XIII-2 are the same, to be honest, but if they are, then they made a good choice in keeping that one; both the instrumental and one with lyrics are equally nice to listen to once in a while.

Bevelle? You mean the temple where you have the moving platforms, and the arrows, and the whole maze concept? @_@

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
Serah's theme in XIII-2 is absolutely beautiful! Always loved the music in Final Fantasy. Not entirely sure if both songs in XIII and XIII-2 are the same, to be honest, but if they are, then they made a good choice in keeping that one; both the instrumental and one with lyrics are equally nice to listen to once in a while.

Bevelle? You mean the temple where you have the moving platforms, and the arrows, and the whole maze concept? @_@

Yep. That's the one. DX I can't figure out the spheres because I tried to activate that platform you go up to reach the area Yuna is, and it won't activate. I don't know what other sphere I need... or even where to find said sphere.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I really liked XIII and XIII-2. I actually had the honor to meet the english voice actor behind Snow. :D Man, is he fine. <3 Me and my boyfriend are like Serah and Snow. We even have Serah's song as our song as well.

I don't know if I'd ever be able to invest in a PS4. I'm not much of a huger console player as much as I used to be. :/ I'm more keen to having games on the 3DS or PS Vita, which is why I was excited when I heard that X and X-2 were coming out on it. I did get stuck in Bevelle Chamber of Fayth though. -_-

The remakes came out on the Vita?! How did I not know this, that should have been priority one on my list since FF X is my number one favorite game of all time. The first time I played it I logged 700+ hours because I was too young to understand what the ♥♥♥♥ I was doing so I stayed in the Calm Lands for like ever. Stayed there long enough to max out Auron's HP.

The first time I was playing XIII-2 I was at my mom's boyfriend's house and his son came in and snow and Serah were on the screen and he was like "who are they?" and I told him they were married and he said she looked like she was 12 and then started talking nonstop about japanese culture and just everything under the sun.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I had a crush on Rikku when you met her for the second time after crossing the Moonflow because she was really cute, but I can't use her in battle. She just isn't fit for fighting and the Overdrive was too complicated without a guide.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I had a crush on Rikku when you met her for the second time after crossing the Moonflow because she was really cute, but I can't use her in battle. She just isn't fit for fighting and the Overdrive was too complicated without a guide.

I use her all the time, mainly because she's my favorite. <3 I love her in X-2. She's so hot. I'm straight, btw. The remastered versions on the PS Vita follow the international versions, which is pretty cool. The graphics and sound are even better than the originals.

Years
I'll be adding to the Rikku train, and she's one of the few tolerable female characters in Final Fantasy that I can put up with. There's something about her that makes me want to use her whenever possible and just switch her in for one turn to steal; I do that with all characters to level them up like mad XD The sphere grid was my absolute favourite way of leveling characters instead of the tradition experience and stats gaining. It was fun earning all those spheres and hearing that 'ding' whenever you filled in a node :3

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I had a hard time getting used to the sphere grid. The hardest game for me to play was XIII because it was a little different. D: I do love it though. It's one of my favorites. Right now, I'm playing X-2 on the PS Vita because I got frustrated with X. DX

The thing with X-2, is that leveling is a huge challenge. I remember having X-2 on the PS2 and getting to chapter 4 with my characters being under level 30. It was so bad because I couldn't get any further until they were stronger.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
XIII is the hardest for me to level on, nothing seems to get me enough experience to feel like I'm even doing anything so I started a new game right before I went to fight Orphan and erased my old save file :I

The sphere grid is by far my favorite leveling system. I agree that earning those sphere levels just felt amazing. And I took all my characters around the entire sphere grid so everyone had steal, my favorite was kimahri for stealing though. My favorite team to have in was Auron, Lulu, and Yuna just because I loved using Anima and Bahamut.

Back