• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Final Fantasy Fan Club

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I always seemed to run out of ability and power spheres :/ made it hard to do much of anything. one time I remember having like 50 sphere levels but no spheres to use to level people up and absolutely nothing was dropping them

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
I actually do like the New Game+ options in the Final Fantasy games. Course in the DS version of Final Fantasy IV, the New Game+ option can only be used twice in each slot, which is somewhat annoying. I don't have a problem with it in Lightning Returns and Crisis Core. I would like to see it used in more Final Fantasy games. Course I am somewhat stumped on what other options New Game+ could add.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I actually do like the New Game+ options in the Final Fantasy games. Course in the DS version of Final Fantasy IV, the New Game+ option can only be used twice in each slot, which is somewhat annoying. I don't have a problem with it in Lightning Returns and Crisis Core. I would like to see it used in more Final Fantasy games. Course I am somewhat stumped on what other options New Game+ could add.

I think what they could do is add more options for levels. Make it so that you get easy, medium and hard. This would help people who aren't like... super skilled at leveling and all that sort of thing. I always find that the Final Fantasy games were difficult to beat for me. >< I guess you could say it has a lot to do with my disabilities. x_x

Years
hai.

Username: White Mage
Topic answer: About New Game+? I think it's a nice feature, and should be including in future releases.
Final Fantasy games you've owned: I, IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, XIII, Crisis Core, Tactics, Tactics Advance. I haven't played much of IX and Tactics though.
Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Squall Leonhart

I'm getting X/X-2 HD in June. And XV when it comes out.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
hai.

Username: White Mage
Topic answer: About New Game+? I think it's a nice feature, and should be including in future releases.
Final Fantasy games you've owned: I, IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, XIII, Crisis Core, Tactics, Tactics Advance. I haven't played much of IX and Tactics though.
Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Squall Leonhart

I'm getting X/X-2 HD in June. And XV when it comes out.

Welcome!

The game + features wouldn't necessarily have to be gamechanging either. Like I know in FF I when you start a new game you get to keep your bestiary from the previous game. It didn't really affect the game all that much but it was a nice option.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
In Persona 4 Golden (unrelated, sorry), they have it so that when you complete the game, you get all your weapons and everything from your previous game in a new game+. I don't know if this could ever be an option for future Final Fantasy games or not, but it's kind of interesting.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I think X-2 did NG+ really well. You carried over your story percentage, most importantly, which was helpful because if you made a certain choice at some point in the game (I think choosing New Yevon over the Youth League?), it's impossible to get 100% in a single playthrough. If you mess up on some of your percents, carrying them over means you don't have to redo everything you did the first time and can just concentrate on getting the % points you hadn't done already. Then it carries over dressphere levels, accessories and Key Items. So you can read Al Bhed from the beginning and you can equip Lucky Eggs to level up faster, etc. It was my first introduction to the concept of NG+ in JRPGs and it's the standard I set them to.

(LR:FF13 has a long listing of NG+ options too, I think, but I scrolled right past that entry when I looked all of them up because I haven't played it yet and don't want to know!)

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I think X-2 did NG+ really well. You carried over your story percentage, most importantly, which was helpful because if you made a certain choice at some point in the game (I think choosing New Yevon over the Youth League?), it's impossible to get 100% in a single playthrough. If you mess up on some of your percents, carrying them over means you don't have to redo everything you did the first time and can just concentrate on getting the % points you hadn't done already. Then it carries over dressphere levels, accessories and Key Items. So you can read Al Bhed from the beginning and you can equip Lucky Eggs to level up faster, etc. It was my first introduction to the concept of NG+ in JRPGs and it's the standard I set them to.

(LR:FF13 has a long listing of NG+ options too, I think, but I scrolled right past that entry when I looked all of them up because I haven't played it yet and don't want to know!)

Are the lucky eggs only available in NG+? O_O THose could help me so much.

Cherrim

Years
I think you get two of them during the game? I don't remember if you can get more than that if you play again. Probably. And Lucky Eggs raised your AP (or whatever Dress Sphere levelling was). There was another item for EXP but levelling your characters was arguably less important than Dress Spheres in FFX-2.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I've never actually made it to the end of X-2. I made it to chapter five and beat the dark Aeons and got to the Do Re Mi puzzle and then got stumped because I had no idea what the heck was going on. Then like two weeks later I went and saw The Sound of Music play and when they started singing the song I stood up in my chair and I was like "OH ♥♥♥♥! THAT'S WHERE THAT'S FROM." But I had already deleted my save file because I was stumped and was sure that I had missed something. Since then I've just never gotten back into the game.

Cherrim

Years
X-2 was actually the first Final Fantasy I ever played! I didn't really have consoles until I was kind of old so I managed to miss out on Final Fantasy entirely until we got a PS2. I remembered hearing that the Final Fantasies don't connect to each other so I could just play any of them and get a fresh story so I rented X-2. Figures I'd pick the one game (at the time) that was a direct sequel. :P

I still liked it, though, and I think the fact that it was my first FF means I was a lot more forgiving towards it than most of the fandom seems to have been. I really, really loved the battle system and it's still one of my favourite FFs even if it's not objectively as good as most of the others.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I loved X-2. I don't care what others say about it. XD I think the reaosn was because it doesn't follow the original concept for the other games they had. The music was different or something like that. I can't remember.

Years
Even though X-2 was considered significantly underrated or not as well received compared to it's predecessor, I actually quite liked it when I first started playing the game on the PS2. I actually didn't complete the entire game, and I left it alone after getting to the point where I have to start watching that collection of spheres. Now that I have the HD Remaster version, which has trophy support, I feel more inclined to complete the game this time around, and get as close to 100% completion as possible the first playthrough :D I favoured XIII-2 over it's prequel as well simply because Lightning was out of the picture :c That sounds terrible, but she's one of the few Final Fantasy characters who I dislike.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I agree that XIII-2 was much better than the original. I liked the ability to tame monsters and make them allies and I also liked that it wasn't as painful to level so it didn't feel like I was sitting for over an hour just to gain a single level. And X-2 was one of the first games after the merger in which many people boycotted or started a trend of speaking against playing any Square games because they weren't made by the original company. And in time more and more people started jumping on to the hate train and that's why many people just go with the popular opinion that Final Fantasy games just aren't the same/good anymore. Which I will disagree on because having played the mass majority of the games either via emulator, renting, or owning, they all have that same spark. If you know what I mean, the worst game they've came out with in my opinion was IX and that was before they merged. I've actually liked the majority of games that both Square Enix and the original Squaresoft have made.

Really any time that anyone speaks ill about something and the more negative views it gets then the more popular with people it becomes. Even if people originally liked it they will start to see imaginary flaws that they hadn't considered before someone put a preconceived notion that something isn't right about it in there.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I liked IX. o.o There was one that I didn't like at first. It had Vaan. I can't remember what one, but after it became the only game I could play (because I lost or damaged my others for not taking care of them. Oops.), I started to tolerate it more and somehow got really into it. It was fun because it used almost the same concept that FFX had, from what I remember. The thing I didn't like about it was the battle system. It was far different from the original battle system where you always entered a battle sequence. I'm glad they didn't stick with the battle system in XII in future games.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I actually really like the battle system in the game you're talking about (XII). I liked how I could actually control my own character and choose where they move, it felt kinda like Dynasty Warriors if you got into a fight with too many enemies at once. I had to change the battle setting though so that when you open a menu to choose a spell or who to attack it paused the battle because I don't have fast enough reflexes to move around and then move through a menu and make sure I'm out of the line of fire all at the same time. The only thing I didn't like was the gambits because the first time I played I just plain didn't understand them. My last time through I understood more but tended to just control each character manually instead of risking having them do something stupid that would end up in the whole team getting screwed over. And I really liked the quickenings especially when I got a really long chain up it got my heart pounding.

Years
I agree that XIII-2 was much better than the original. I liked the ability to tame monsters and make them allies and I also liked that it wasn't as painful to level so it didn't feel like I was sitting for over an hour just to gain a single level.

In comparison to the original, the monsters made better allies than the rest of the characters XD The Crystarium did remind me of the Sphere Grid in X, but not a very good adaptation if that's what they were going for \: It was pretty to look at, and that's pretty much it...Needless to say, I gave up trying to complete that game not even halfway through because I hated using Sazh and Vanille together.

I liked IX. o.o There was one that I didn't like at first. It had Vaan. I can't remember what one, but after it became the only game I could play (because I lost or damaged my others for not taking care of them. Oops.), I started to tolerate it more and somehow got really into it. It was fun because it used almost the same concept that FFX had, from what I remember. The thing I didn't like about it was the battle system. It was far different from the original battle system where you always entered a battle sequence. I'm glad they didn't stick with the battle system in XII in future games.

IX was really nice actually! Before actually playing it, I didn't have a good impression simply because the characters weren't very human looking realistically, but it grew on me. And I agree with alvmonster in that even though I myself didn't particularly like XII from the setting to the characters, it did have a nice battle system though; the gameplay was good enough in that for me to actually finish it.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I think I just wasn't really used to it. I'm used to going into a battle sequence and stuff. Then again... the Kingdom Hearts series didn't, so I don't know why it bothered me at first. O_o I guess I'm just not big on change. I had a hard time adjusting to the new battle system, but I did eventually. *shrug*

Last edited:
Back