• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Christian Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lihtal

Castle Guard
Years
Wow may i join? :)

Username:
Lihtal
Are you Christian?: Yes
Denomination: Pentecostal ...i think...

What's your reflection on Easter?: I think Easter is not only one day but a constant reminder of the sacrifice Jesus did for us in the cross and how the grace of God reached us with out deserving it forgiving our daily sins and giving us entrance to his home :P

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Username: O'aka XXIII
Are you Christian?: I...maybe? I don't really know. I have like 8 bibles I've never read. I've only read Genesis and Revelations.
Denomination: Agnostic? Maybe?

What do you mean by reflection on Easter? Want to really know what you're asking before I type out 5 pages of stuff haha.

Welcome, O'aka! :)

I have to admit, Revelations was the first book I finished in the Bible, probably because it was the most interesting. Anyway, I hope you learn more about Christianity with us.

By reflection on Easter, I just mean any thoughts or opinions you may have on Easter -- whether you believe it has significance or not, etc. :)

Username:
Lihtal

What's your reflection on Easter?: I think Easter is not only one day but a constant reminder of the sacrifice Jesus did for us in the cross and how the grace of God reached us with out deserving it forgiving our daily sins and giving us entrance to his home :P

Sure, hey there Lihtal! I wonder what his home is like...

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years

Username:
Lihtal

Welcome! It's always nice or see Christians here on PC!

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Hi, may I join, please? :)

Username: PSNGhost
Are you Christian?: Yup, sure am. :)
Denomination: Lutheran

Awesome. Welcome to the community.

Today is the day Catholics call "The Day of Four Popes" because apparently four popes are "present" in the Vatican. Any thoughts?

The Void

hiiiii
Years
As a Lutheran, it is very hard to not bash Catholics, so I really rather not start a whole big rant.

No, it's fine. As long as you give enough reasons to support your theology and cut out the flaming. This is a place for discussing about Christianity after all. :)

Rinna

Uhm..woof?
Years
I'd like to join :D

Username: Rinna
Are you a Christian?: Yes, I believe in one God, the Father, Jesus Christ, His Son and the Holy Ghost
Denomination: Not sure

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I think that the church needs to not make holidays for things just because they can.

I had a question for everyone; do you actually practice what the bible teaches or do you think some of the teachings in it are outdated? Obviously the ones about shaving have been tossed aside over the years, do you think it's time we toss aside more of them? Just what do you think overall about the subject? I don't really know what I'm asking but I know what I'm asking. Just run with it.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
I think that the church needs to not make holidays for things just because they can.

The Church no longer makes holidays. It follows holidays according to the traditions it made hundreds of years ago.

I had a question for everyone; do you actually practice what the bible teaches or do you think some of the teachings in it are outdated? Obviously the ones about shaving have been tossed aside over the years, do you think it's time we toss aside more of them? Just what do you think overall about the subject? I don't really know what I'm asking but I know what I'm asking. Just run with it.

Most laws that appear in the Old Testament (shaving, passover, circumcision, etc.) are Jewish traditions that mostly do not apply in absoluteness to Christians anymore. Christ instituted a new law above all other laws:

John 15:12 said:
This is my commandment, that you love one another, as I have loved you.

The Ten Commandments still very much apply.

Matthew 5:17 said:
Do not think that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

Yukari

Actually, The only teachings that I don't follow are the Jewish traditions.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years

Some things we do, and some not. Jesus came to Peter in a vision after he rose into Heaven. He said we could eat unclean animals, stop sacrificing, etc. we don't have to circumcise when we become believers... We can do it as a baby (thank goodness). I think communion, Easter, and Christmas are important. Well, as long as you focus on the true meaning. I don't think we should drop any and certainly not add any.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Username: Wicked3DS
Denomination: Originally Methodist, have since switched to a non-denominational.

Reading through the gospels, you'll find that Jesus is more concerned with us being honest and turning to God than he is with following a strict set of laws. This doesn't mean that we can run around doing whatever we want, however, because we still have the responsibility of showing the world what work God has done through Jesus' death.

Wicked3DS

Years
It was more of my own church than it was personal preference. The Methodists typically believe in working with everyone around them, but our new pastor decided to work with no one but his own "new regime" as it came to be known. If it didn't work the way he saw fit, he claimed it didn't point to Christ and cut it out. He cut off the leader of our missions work, then had the nerve to say "we need to do more hands-on mission work." My friend was going to the new church I'm going to now and brought me there. It's very focused and it just happens to be non-denominational.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
It was more of my own church than it was personal preference. The Methodists typically believe in working with everyone around them, but our new pastor decided to work with no one but his own "new regime" as it came to be known. If it didn't work the way he saw fit, he claimed it didn't point to Christ and cut it out. He cut off the leader of our missions work, then had the nerve to say "we need to do more hands-on mission work." My friend was going to the new church I'm going to now and brought me there. It's very focused and it just happens to be non-denominational.

As a Presbyterian, we have a system of "checks and balances". We don't run into that very much. Money spent and stuff is decided through this system.

Anyways, welcome!

Wicked3DS

Years
We kind of had that until he came along, then everything got dissolved. Apparently the head of finances resigned on the spot because she got volunteered for something without her permission...it's a mess. And everyone says "don't leave your church" but if you aren't producing God's fruits, you need to find a way to draw into Him more.

Years
Username: Kanzler
Are you Christian?: Nope
Denomination: N/A

I am an atheist who has begun to practice Buddhism :D But I feel that within a very short time I can notice similarities between values and virtues between the two religions/philosophies (for example between similarities meditation and prayer) and this has led an atheist to a greater appreciation of all faiths. I'm a lot more passionate and interested about connecting to people on a spiritual level now.

What's the new topic nowadays? Perhaps I can start one: What does 'faith' mean to you?

Wicked3DS

Years
What does 'faith' mean to you?

As a dictionary definition (just for a blanket purposes to start the discussion), faith is "confidence or trust in a person or thing" as well as "belief that is not based on proof."

Faith as far as Christianity is concerned to me means believing that God will work things for my best if I trust that he will no matter what problems and chaos surround me and regardless of any doubt I may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back