• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Hyrule Fantasy - Zelda Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Going through the list of fans clubs, one club that I did not see was one for "The Legend of Zelda", or as the original was subtitled in Japan, "The Hyrule Fantasy"!

Zelda_zps649d7f8d.png

The Legend of Zelda (ゼルダの伝説 Zeruda no Densetsu) is a series of games by Japanese company, Nintendo. Starting in 1986 with their first release for the NES / Famicom, "The Legend of Zelda", they started a whole new franchise of non-linear exploration, action and adventure! Instead of being your typical damsel-in-distress story that these fantasy based games usually are, this does not. With the occasional "save the princess" storyline, there are far more. The Legend of Zelda takes place in many worlds, the most notable is the kingdom of Hyrule! The Land in which over half of the franchise takes place in. With 25+ titles and counting currently released, being Nintendo's 3rd best selling franchise (only behind Super Mario (1st) and Pokemon (2nd)), the fantasy of Hyrule still lives on today!

I may as well add a topic for every week or so to keep this group alive.

Previous Topics

Spoiler:

Current Topic:
The Legend of Zelda Wii U. Impressions, anybody?

The signup for this group is very simple. You just have to post your username and favourite Zelda game. And if you want to, you can answer the topic in the post since atleast if you have your username and favourite game in that post, you are a member of the group.

So for me it would be...
Username: UltraNerdtendo64
Favourite Zelda Game: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Topic: [My answer goes here.]

So, let's begin this fan club, now!

Members
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Username: Merak
Favorite Zelda game: hmm... either Majora's Mask or Ocarina of Time. Can't decide though.

I liked Termina because you had pretty much any direction to go in--mountains, swamp, valley, or ocean. Ocarina of Time had a good deal of adventure too! And Twilight Princess had a huge area to explore and added a ton of sidequests(I've forgotten a lot of them woops. lol).
Oh and Windwakre had such a vast map for sailing. I definitely liked that one. Well not getting lost--that wasn't really too fun when you actually needed to go somewhere.

Years
Hello.

Username: Guildmaster Wigglytuff
Favourite Zelda Game: Wind Waker
Topic: I really like the Great Sea because I love the idea of sailing across a vast ocean. And no, the sailing did not bother me, it was actually one of my favorite parts of the game.

So what do you think about Hyrule Warriors? Looks pretty awesome. I'll definitely be getting it when it comes out.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Endless.
Favourite Zelda Game: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

What is your favourite Hyrule variation / other world (Termina, Great Sea, etc;)
I love Skyloft. You're living in some place floating in air, and that, if you ask me, is pretty unique! Not only that, but it's also quite large; to explore this location to its fullest in reality, it would take you up to about three whole months. Plus, you're able to travel on birds here instead of horses, which makes it even better.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Going through the list of fans clubs, one club that I did not see was one for "The Legend of Zelda", or as the call it in Japan "The Hyrule Fantasy"
Only the subtitle for the original game, I believe. And that was removed later on as well

Anyway, I'm TRIFORCE89 - clearly I'm big on Zelda based on my name alone. Favourites games would be OoT, MM, TP, TMC, and LADX

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Username: Merak
Favorite Zelda game: hmm... either Majora's Mask or Ocarina of Time. Can't decide though.

I liked Termina because you had pretty much any direction to go in--mountains, swamp, valley, or ocean. Ocarina of Time had a good deal of adventure too! And Twilight Princess had a huge area to explore and added a ton of sidequests(I've forgotten a lot of them woops. lol).
Oh and Windwakre had such a vast map for sailing. I definitely liked that one. Well not getting lost--that wasn't really too fun when you actually needed to go somewhere.
Hello.

Username: Guildmaster Wigglytuff
Favourite Zelda Game: Wind Waker
Topic: I really like the Great Sea because I love the idea of sailing across a vast ocean. And no, the sailing did not bother me, it was actually one of my favorite parts of the game.

So what do you think about Hyrule Warriors? Looks pretty awesome. I'll definitely be getting it when it comes out.
Username: Endless.
Favourite Zelda Game: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

What is your favourite Hyrule variation / other world (Termina, Great Sea, etc
11.%20wink.gif

I love Skyloft. You're living in some place floating in air, and that, if you ask me, is pretty unique! Not only that, but it's also quite large; to explore this location to its fullest in reality, it would take you up to about three whole months. Plus, you're able to travel on birds here instead of horses, which makes it even better.
Only the subtitle for the original game, I believe. And that was removed later on as well

Anyway, I'm TRIFORCE89 - clearly I'm big on Zelda based on my name alone. Favourites games would be OoT, MM, TP, TMC, and LADX

Welcome welcome to the Hyrule Fantasy (btw, thanks for pointing that out it was only the subtitle, TRIFORCE89.). I'm not one that is good with introductions. But...you're a part of the group now! Congratulations (and again, welcome)! Have fun! ^.^

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
New Topic: E3 Zelda Wii U Reveal
I honestly love how Zelda Wii U looks. It looks amazing, and those graphics are beautiful! But I honestly still won't get a Wii U for that. If Nintendo decides to release a SNES Remix, then maybe. JUST maybe.

Since Guildmaster Wigglytuff brought up Hyrule Warriors earlier, I guess I should say...meh. Not really. I'm not all that into beat 'em ups (which is what Hyrule Warriors looks like), plus I haven't got a Wii U at all. So, not at the moment.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Hello.

Username: Isaac
Favourite Zelda Game: Ocarina of Time
Topic: I don't really have a Wii U and I don't plan till 1 or 2 years. So I don't think I can buy it :( As for the game, as Ultranerdtendo said, graphics are beautiful and game itself looks greta. I will get a Wii U ASAP if they make a SNES remix tho :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
New Topic: E3 Zelda Wii U Reveal
I honestly love how Zelda Wii U looks. It looks amazing, and those graphics are beautiful! But I honestly still won't get a Wii U for that. If Nintendo decides to release a SNES Remix, then maybe. JUST maybe.

Since Guildmaster Wigglytuff brought up Hyrule Warriors earlier, I guess I should say...meh. Not really. I'm not all that into beat 'em ups (which is what Hyrule Warriors looks like), plus I haven't got a Wii U at all. So, not at the moment.

I already have Wii U, so thank god. Oh, yeah, definitely; a Zelda SNES remake with current-gen graphics and sound would be fantastic!

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Username: dragonite
Favourite Zelda Game: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask it had the most depth for thorys

Hello.

Username: Isaac
Favourite Zelda Game: Ocarina of Time
Topic: I don't really have a Wii U and I don't plan till 1 or 2 years. So I don't think I can buy it
3.%20frown.gif
As for the game, as Ultranerdtendo said, graphics are beautiful and game itself looks greta. I will get a Wii U ASAP if they make a SNES remix tho :D
Welcome to the club! :D Thanks for taking the time to sign up and stuff. ^.^

Hey, everyone. We got a new topic!
What do you think are some welcome additions since Zelda started back in 1987?

Quite a few things in my opinion. The magic meter, for instance. Now we can't just spam magic attacks left and right. But the enemies need magic meters, too. Especially those god damned Wizrobes from Level-6 in Zelda 1. Not to mention now with the magic meter we can also get an awesome whirl around our sword whenever we do a spin attack.
Termina. Majora's Mask is my favourite game and it's world of Termina was a nice change of pace. Everyone you remember from your previous adventure in Ocarina of Time has a counterpart, you have five different forms of Link to take control of and such!
There is just a lot to name. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
Years
Hey, everyone. We got a new topic!

Quite a few things in my opinion. The magic meter, for instance. Now we can't just spam magic attacks left and right. But the enemies need magic meters, too. Especially those god damned Wizrobes from Level-6 in Zelda 1. Not to mention now with the magic meter we can also get an awesome whirl around our sword whenever we do a spin attack.
Termina. Majora's Mask is my favourite game and it's world of Termina was a nice change of pace. Everyone you remember from your previous adventure in Ocarina of Time has a counterpart, you have five different forms of Link to take control of and such!
There is just a lot to name. lol.
Hookshot and the clawshot were the best addions ever

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
Years
Haha! This is where I belong!

Username: DeathofShadows

Favorite game: Twilight Princess or Majora's Mask. Can't decide which.

Topic: Well... I can say which ones were NOT good additions to the series! First off, there was the unspeakable horrors the CDi trilogy. Also, I found that the DS games were rather lackluster, and felt a bit more thrown together. Aside from that, the LoZ franchise has been rather good with their new additions to the series, though some better than others.

As for in-game, I feel that the move to 3-D was pulled flawlessly. Not to mention the much more complex story elements of games such as Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time.

And, of course, there's the Master Sword. The blade of evil's bane. Where would the series be without the iconic blade? I love what they have done with it since its original appearance as just a stronger sword.

And above all things, the lore. One of my favorite parts of any Zelda game is how they incorporate not only previous games, but also the extensive world and legends of Hylia.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I can't exactly put my fingers on what things they've added since then, but one item that I do like is flying-beetle; you get to shoot it in air, it would fly, and you'd be controlling so that it'd do certain things, such as hitting a button that you can't reach. Only thing that I dislike is that it doesn't fly forever; it's limited. Once you're out of time, it'd fall immediately. Though, thankfully, you could still increase your time-range by having upgrades.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Originally posted by DeathofShadows
Also, I found that the DS games were rather lackluster,
Two things: First of all -- welcome! :D
And secondly; I honestly quite enjoyed the DS games. The only one I didn't like was Spirit Tracks. Phantom Hourglass just managed to do it all right before Spirit Tracks came along and messed it all up.

Anyway, new topic! The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.

Be honest. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link isn't that bad of a game! I'll admit the difficulty is mostly unfair...but it's still a good game. Even without the glitch, I don't find the final boss that hard. There's a specific trick that doesn't include ducking down and stabbing his knees in the corner. It's probably my third favourite Zelda game of all time. It only took me about 10 years to beat though...but I did it! (Technically one year since I started a new game about one year ago on my Nintendo 3DS)

Everybody, please be honest. What do you think of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link? It's not that bad of a game as people make it out to be. And if you have never played it and you have a Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo Wii / Nintendo Wii U, you can download it off the eShop. Be warned though, this game is more like an RPG X Sidescroller hybrid (like Super Paper Mario, minus the 3D aspect). So your Zelda 1 based exploration won't be here.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Username: Altairis
Favourite Zelda Game: Twilight Princess
Topic: My copy of AoL came free with my purchase of my Gameboy Advance SP, actually. I have no recollection of why they were giving out free games, but I was presented with like 5 options and I chose Zelda. I still find it quite ironic to this day that as a 6 year old I held one of the predecessors of one of my favorite games of all time and I didn't know it.

I never managed to finish that game, though. I found the gameplay to be too frustrating. I'm such it is/was great, it's just... not my kind of game.

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
Years
UltraNerdtendo64 said:
I honestly quite enjoyed the DS games. The only one I didn't like was Spirit Tracks. Phantom Hourglass just managed to do it all right before Spirit Tracks came along and messed it all up.

Aye, I enjoyed how they brought back the exploration methods of Wind Waker with Phantom hourglass. Not to mention the multiplayer was fun as hell. Which makes me wonder why they haven't tried that with other games. Multiplayer TP would be friggin amazing.

I'm not saying they're bad games, I merely believe that more could have been done with them.

UltraNerdtendo64 said:
Everybody, please be honest. What do you think of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link?

I must admit, Zelda II is actually rather high on my list of favorites, despite how frustrating it could be. As stated, it combined the familiar overhead exploration of the first game, while at the same time adding many revolutionary things such as EXP and side-scrolling dungeons. Not to mention the introduction of everyone's favorite doppelgänger!

However, I did find that this game was a bit more focused on action, and did not have quite as much of the puzzle elements as its predecessor, and despite the usefulness of spells, found the controls to often be a bit too uncoordinated for my liking.

Overall, it was a great game, and a giant leap forward for the series. It was merely restricted by the technology of its time, leaving it as a game worth the many ragequits when you finally finish it.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I currently own Spirit Tracks, but I haven't really gotten around to playing much of it. I think I might have finished the first forest part, so I'm still pretty early. I think I'll get around to playing it after I finish the two other games I started <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back