Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page The Ones That Got Away

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old 2 Days Ago (08:41 PM). Edited 2 Days Ago by 1337Drakkon.

I know I haven't updated, so I'm going to do a big one now and then small ones in the future! Haha

What I've Done:
Spoiler:
I started with Totodile, and nicknamed him "Nom-Nom" (I was at a loss of names). I did the boring stuff at the beginning (talked to Mr. Pokemon, named my rival, etc.) Upon arriving at Violet City, I got a Slugma egg from Primo. I also caught a Zubat in Dark Cave, and named him "Batman". I nicknamed my Slugma "Gary" after it hatched (after the snail from the children's cartoon "Spongebob Squarepants", 'cuz why not?). I got a Pikachu from Pokemon Battle Revolution that had both Surf and Volt Tackle (the latter will be gone once I can learn t-bolt. ahaha). I just progressed through the game as normal. After beating Whitney, however, I went to Ecruteak, visited the Pokemon Center, and went back to Goldenrod ASAP. I went to Bill's place in Goldenrod City and obtained my Eevee, which I nicknamed Psycho (because Espeon is a Psychic-type). Now I'm in Ecruteak City, and I have three gym badges.
EDIT: Now I have four badges. :D

My Team so far:
Spoiler:

I'd have taken screenshots, however I play on an actual game cartridge on my 3DS XL, and I don't have a capture software. So deal with this unless you'd all prefer horrible quality phone screenshots.
FORMAT:
Pokemon.Gender (Nickname) - Stats (Level/Max HP/Atk/Def/Sp. Atk/Sp. Def/Spd) - Attacks (1/2/3/4)
Croconaw.M (Nom-Nom) - 22/65/46/41/38/32/37 - Cut/Ice Fang/Shadow Claw/Headbutt (I know Cut is a questionable decision, but I was too lazy to catch a Paras. lol)
Slugma.M (Gary) - 21/54/28/27/32/27/20 - Yawn/Harden/Ember/Rock Throw
Pikachu.F (PIKACHU) - 21/51/30/22/32/22/48 - Volt Tackle/Surf/Double Team/Thunder Wave
Crobat.M (Batman) - 24/82/49/48/46/39/69 - Wing Attack/Confuse Ray/U-turn/Roost
Eevee.M (Psycho) - 14/20/21/18/28/21 - Tail Whip/Tackle/Shadow Ball/Sand-Attack
Old 2 Days Ago (06:30 AM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to striderviper
Update 2
This game hates me.
Spoiler:
-Didn't save the personal notepad like a dipmuk.
-hey let's liberate pokémon by kicking this munna a bunch
-Stuff happens, I get surprised by Cheren on Route 3 AND N in front of the Nacrene Gym.
-I fight the Gym trainers and it doesn't end very well.
-A couple Audinos later, everyone's at Level 16-17.
-VS Lenora: I do not remember her being this hard. Eventually I just give up and level up Cranidos and Makuhita to level 18 and 20 respectively, which would've worked fine except ARM THRUST ONLY HITS TWICE 3 TIMES IN A ROW. I still win but not before I have to use a Super Potion.
-More Team Plasma stuff happens but I call it a day at this point.

It'd be easier to count the things that didn't go wrong in this update, seriously. From me getting 1HKO critted TWICE by N, to Arm Thrust hitting twice 80% of the time to even getting into a random battle one step away from the rustling grass. Yeah, that happened twice in a row and then I had to run around like an idiot for ten minutes before another Audino showed up.

Team:

Staryu (Lv. 17)
Nature: Careful
Ability: Illuminate
Tackle
Harden
Water Gun
Recover

Pawniard (Lv. 16)
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Inner Focus
Scratch
Leer
Fury Cutter
Torment

Cranidos (Lv. 18)
Nature: Impish
Ability: Mold Breaker
Headbutt
Leer
Take Down
Pursuit

Drifloon (Lv. 17)
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Aftermath
Payback
Minimize
Astonish
Gust

Makuhita (Lv. 20)
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Guts
Tackle
Focus Energy
Vital Throw
Arm Thrust

Phanpy (Lv. 16)
Nature: Calm
Ability: Pickup
Take Down
Tackle
Rollout
Defense Curl

#TeamTrivia
Old 5 Hours Ago (07:04 AM).

Since last update:
Spoiler:
-Three badges
-A few evolutions
-I joined Team Rocket! (Not really)
-A dead Red Gyarados
-A couple of overlevelled Pokemon

My Team Now:
Spoiler:
FORMAT: Same as last post, check that.
Croconaw.M (Nom-Nom) - 27/78/56/49/45/38/46 - Cut/Ice Fang/Shadow Claw/Dig
Slugma.M (Gary) - 30/74/39/37/45/38/29 - Fire Blast/Harden/Ember/AncientPower
Pikachu.F (PIKACHU) - 32/74/44/31/47/31/73 - ThunderBolt/Surf/Double Team/Thunder Wave
Crobat.M (Batman) - 27/91/56/54/51/44/78 - Fly/Confuse Ray/U-turn/Roost
Espeon.M (Psycho) - 27/80/42/42/79/70/68 - Tail Whip/Quick Attack/Shadow Ball/Sand-Attack
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links