• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
Can anyone help, in my script i have a song being played using
"playsong 0x[song] 0x0"
but i dont know how to get the song to stop so it doesnt play though the whole of the script? can anyone tell me the command, thanks.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Hi everyone, I've been playing with this script for a little while and it's almost there but it needs to work out a few bugs.

The script should progress like this:
(Talk to man)
Man: ...... ..... ..........
Man: Get out of Here!
Screen Fades to Black
Man: Your journey ends.
Game restarts and dumps save data.

What the script is currently doing is:
Man: .... .... ...... (working fine)
Fades to Black (Out of order)
Man: Get out of here! (Should be before the fade)
NOT saying "Your journey ends"
restarting the game (no save dump - I know this is not the correct cmd to dump the save data, is there one?)

Here's the actual script I have:
Code:
#org 0x8804000
'-----------------------------------
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x8804023 ' ......\n.........\l....
callstd MSG_LOCK ' Built-in lock command
msgbox 0x8804043 ' get out of here!
fadescreen FADEOUT_BLACK
callstd MSG_LOCK ' Built-in lock command
msgbox 0x8804058 ' Your journey ends.
special 0x10F
end

#org 0x8804023
= ......\n.........\l.....

#org 0x8804043
= Get out of here!\nWhile you still can!

#org 0x8804058
= Your journey ends.

Thanks for any and all help on this!

Well Im not sure about the save data, but I think you can use closeonkeypress after your msgbox, if its 0x4, but before fadescreen.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
can anyone tell me script COMMANDS ..................... or a link?????

I do not know the first thing about scripts.Or creating them

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Can anyone help, in my script i have a song being played using
"playsong 0x[song] 0x0"
but i dont know how to get the song to stop so it doesnt play though the whole of the script? can anyone tell me the command, thanks.

If you put fadedefault anywhere in the script, it will stop the current song and resume the default song for the map you're in.

Cheesewig

Hi!
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2016
How would I make a script to make an NPC Follow the player through every map.

ROM: Pokémon Gold

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
HELP!

Can someone answer my questions????

Q1:How can i disable this PokedexScript???
Spoiler:

Q2:how can i enable the Pokedex Script when i finished this Script...
Spoiler:

and lastly how can i enable this script after i have my POKeMON...
Spoiler:

Thank you...

help will be greatly appreciated :D

dido

DARK DIALGA OF DOOOOOOOOM
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2012
Hi guys!

So I am using Pokémon Firered version and I am trying to make a person move once I beat the elite four. The problem is that I don't know what flag I have to assign to that person for her to recognize I beat the elite four :( . I looked through the thread but I coudn't find the flag number anywhere.

I am using XSE (btw, it's awesome) by the way. It would be awesome if someone helped out here :)

Thanks everyone!!

I just want the flag number :P . I am not looking for a script.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
Hey guys, I was trying to make a script once the player got downstairs.
It'd pop up an exclamation mark and the camera would move to the item on the table. But once he steps on the event tile, it just locks infinitely. :/
Spoiler:

Last edited:

ZxC Mirai

Huh?
Years
Can someone answer my questions????

Q1:How can i disable this PokedexScript???
Spoiler:

Q2:how can i enable the Pokedex Script when i finished this Script...
Spoiler:

and lastly how can i enable this script after i have my POKeMON...
Spoiler:

Thank you...

help will be greatly appreciated :D

could someone answer this Question?.............................

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
could someone answer this Question?.............................

The simplest answer is to set variables.

If the variable you used for one of the scripts was 4050 and the value you put in A-Map for it was 0000, to deactivate it you would have to set it to any other value in the script itself. So if you put:

Code:
setvar 0x4050 0x1

in that script, once the script is finished executing, it will not execute again unless you were to reset variable 4050 to 0x0 in a separate script.

If you want one script to be dependent on another script, have the second script use the same variable to activate, but put the variable value you used to deactivate the first script in the var value box in A-Map. In this case, the second script's variable # would be 4050 and its value would be 0001.

In the second script, you would then have to put

Code:
setvar 0x4050 0x2

somewhere, so that it deactivates the second script and continues to not have the first script active (the first script will only start if you step on the tile and variable 4050 is set to 0, and the second script if 4050 is set to 1.

The same thing can be done with the script that activates when you get your first Pokemon, but using a different variable (like 4051, for instance).

Something like:

Code:
countpokemon
compare lastresult 0x1
if 0x4 goto @deactivate
msgbox @stop msg_normal
applymovement 0xff @stepdown
release
end

#org @deactivate
setvar 0x4051 0x1
release
end

#org @stop
= You don't have your first Pokemon.

#org @stepdown
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xfe

Hope this helps.

niven

Leader of Team LegendaryTrio
Years
I'm trying to make a big script.I already wrote it but can't write it to my game, because every time i try i get an error. I use pokescript to compile and write scripts, it usually works, but this time i got run-time error '13' type mismatch.

My script is:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

dido

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2012
Hi guys!

So I am using Pokémon Firered version and I am trying to make a person move once I beat the elite four. The problem is that I don't know what flag I have to assign to that person for her to recognize I beat the elite four :( . I looked through the thread but I coudn't find the flag number anywhere.

I am using XSE (btw, it's awesome) by the way. It would be awesome if someone helped out here :)

Thanks everyone!!

I just want the flag number :P . I am not looking for a script.

Could someone please reply to this? :(

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
dido said:
Hi guys!

So I am using Pokémon Firered version and I am trying to make a person move once I beat the elite four. The problem is that I don't know what flag I have to assign to that person for her to recognize I beat the elite four . I looked through the thread but I coudn't find the flag number anywhere.

I am using XSE (btw, it's awesome) by the way. It would be awesome if someone helped out here

Thanks everyone!!

I just want the flag number . I am not looking for a script.

I don't think that there is a flag for beating the elite four...

You can just use any flag you like and assign it to your person so that they move.

dido

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2012

Have you ever decompiled E4 script? :D
There are tons of flags to choose from =)

Indeed I have! After a looking for a long time I found it :) . It's flag 0x844.

But now I have a problem with my script >.< .

Game: Fire red

Type: Person event

Editor: XSE

Script: So the script is supposed to be such that after I beat the elite 4, a person blocking a house dissapears after I talk to her. However my script dosen't seem to do that. Anyone want to tell me what's wrong? One error is that in a new game after I talk to the person she dissapers even though I DIDN'T beat the champion. Why is that?

Spoiler:

For the #org @msg2, I will use a text adjuster to make it fit later.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
. . . after I beat the elite 4, a person blocking a house dissapears after I talk to her. However my script dosen't seem to do that. Anyone want to tell me what's wrong? One error is that in a new game after I talk to the person she dissapers even though I DIDN'T beat the champion. Why is that?

Spoiler:
I've bolded one of the problems in your code. You're calling @Next. That means that when @Next finishes executing, the game will jump back to the script that called it (@start) and finish running that script.

It looks like you'll need to turn that call into a goto in order to do what you want. That will fix the problem with her unblocking the door before the Champion is beaten.

dido

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2012
I've bolded one of the problems in your code. You're calling @Next. That means that when @Next finishes executing, the game will jump back to the script that called it (@start) and finish running that script.

It looks like you'll need to turn that call into a goto in order to do what you want. That will fix the problem with her unblocking the door before the Champion is beaten.

Thank you so much! That fixed it :) .

NOTE!!!! The flag I gave was wrong. THe champion script cannot be decompiled so insted I used the "giving sapphire to celio" flag which is 0x8C insted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back