• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stranded (rated M for possible adult themes)

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
TrainerBliss: Looks good! Accepted.

I will write the first post to begin the roleplay soon.

Kelsey opened her weary eyes, sitting up in place, scanning the area. She felt exhausted and worn out, and it took her a second to remember what had happened.

"Wh-what happened?" Her voice felt detached from her body. She noticed that she was on a coastline of some sort. The air around her was pleasantly warm, but there was still something very scary about this place. Her eyes widened when it all hit her at once.

The ship! It crashed. She remembered was flinging herself over the edge in a desperate panic. It wasn't her best choice, to say the least. She didn't think to head for the lifeboats. All of her reasoning went out the window. For a while, she tried swimming, but got pulled under the waves. Kelsey remembered preparing to die at that point. Her entire life flashed before her eyes. Yet, she wasn't dead, was she? Suddenly, she began shaking.

"Coal!" Her voice was panic stricken. The thought of her precious Cyndaquil no longer being with her brought tears to her eyes. She began desperately patting at her belt, and took a sign of relief when she felt the spherical shape of a Pokeball still at her waist. She grabbed it, and threw it, hoping with all of her heart that Coal was still unharmed. With a flash of light, the Cyndaquil appeared, looking just fine.

"Cyn?" He looked around, clearly a bit confused. Then, he ran up to Kelsey, jumping into her lap. She gave him a huge hug.

"I'm... I'm so glad you're okay... I don't know what I'd do without you." Her grip tightened, getting tears in her eyes once again at the thought of losing her beloved Pokemon partner. She then stood up and placed Coal on her shoulder. With a sigh, she said, "I guess I better explore the island." She headed into the jungle, feeling somewhat nervous about what was ahead of her.

Last edited:

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Serenity. That's the only word Victoria could use to describe what she was hearing. Serenity. The rhythmic sound of the crashing waves upon a desolate beach. "1,2,3" Victoria counted in her head. "1,2,3" Each number corresponding to a new set of waves. Was this a dream? Some idyllic setting in her dream vacation? She attempted to open her eyes. Nothing. Again she tried. Nothing. Victoria panicked, threw her hands to her face and discovered that her eyes were in fact open. "H-h-hello?!" She screamed in a fright, her voice cracking. No answer ushered forth from the depths of the impenetrable darkness.

She franticly rubbed at her eyes. The sun, sand, and salt creating a blinding effect that just slowly began to fade. She collapsed in horror. What happened? Everything was in a fog. Her vision began to improve to the slightest extent, and her surroundings revealed themselves to her still shrouded in mystery. "Hello?!" She called again.

That last attempt pushed her already frail body to the brink. She doubled over in pain, her lungs still harboring trace amounts of the sea within. Her body began to expel the putrid substance. The once pristine sand beneath her body, now covered in a bile of saline, and peppered with small amounts of blood.

She felt the reassuring weight of the Pokeball harness on her hip. She rejoiced silently knowing that her Pokemon had made it through. Still shaking and in shock, Victoria swore to bring them up to speed later. She needed to get her bearings and find out exactly what just happened.

She swallowed painfully, pushed herself up by her hands, and began to stumble about in the haze that her vision provided her.

Years
The odd sensation of something rough, wet, and warm brushing up against his cheek brought Devin back to consciousness. He tried to brush it off but instead of touching his cheek, his hand came in contact with something wet and furry. This unexpected event caused his eyes to snap open as he fully woke, finding himself eye-to-eye with a familiar dark blue blur.

The vaporion had stopped with its tongue still at his cheek, one eye closed because Devin's hand covered half her face. "Hi there, Celia," Devin muttered before pushing himself up into a crouching position so that he could survey his surroundings. No sooner did he do that than he gasped in pain realizing he was hurt; his arms and the exposed parts of his legs had many scrapes, cuts, and bruises while judging by the pain in the left side of his torso he might have a cracked rib. He forced himself to stand and took a moment to gain his bearings.

It was then that he realized he had no idea where he was and little memory of how he got there. His first reaction was to check his belt for his pokeballs, which, to his relief, were right where they should be. Devin took the opportunity to let Prowler and Frix, a growlithe and luxio respectively. While making sure all three of his pokémon were fine, he thought back to the last things he could recall, flashes of the ship and the wreck that followed flitted through his mind.

Devin was standing on the deck of a ship, people around him panicking; some releasing water types that might help them swim. Celia looked up at him, her whole body rigid and her teeth barred. He'd never seen the vaporion this agitated, even in battle. Several people started shouting and while he was attempting to make out what they were saying a shudder ran through the ship nearly knocking him off his feet. Just as he regained his footing another tremble took the ship, this time not only knocking him off his feet but off this ship as well. The last thing he remembered before the shock of hitting the ocean had knocked him unconscious was Celia diving after him.

The sound of what he thought might be someone calling out, possibly saying 'hello', broke Devin's reverie and brought him back to his current situation. He looked at is pokémon and said "Well guys, I say we have a look, what do you think?" Prowler responded by unleashing an echoing, roar that one wouldn't expect from his tiny frame. This caused Devin to chuckle as he turned toward where he thought he'd heard someone's voice, slowing walking that way with Prowler and Frix close on his heels while Celia followed from the surf.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2012
Bliss groaned, slowly opening her eyes. The warm sunshine met her. Bliss shut her eyes again and covered them up. After a few minutes, she sat up, rubbed her eyes and became familiar with her surroundings. She was on a beach, the waves crashing against the coast. Bliss immediately thought of her Pokemon, and checked her bag. Yes, the pokeballs were still there. Bliss released the three Pokemon, Freequa, Grace and Free-Free. The three of them cried out, and hugged Bliss.

"Ha ha, I missed you too..." She said, hugging the three Pokemon back, then laid back down. "Where are we..." Freequa examined the surroundings, the same with Free-Free and Grace.

"Ty Typhlosion!" Freequa called out.

"All I remember was the raging storm on the ship... and now we're here? Are we stranded...?" Bliss asked rhetorically. She took a deep breath, then stood up. "I guess we should look if there is anyone else..."

"Feon!" Grace rubbed her body against Bliss' legs, glad her trainer was okay.

"All right, let's look for somebody." Bliss started walking. "HELLO? ANYBODY ELSE ON THIS WEIRD ISLAND?"

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
OOC

Attention, everyone. You may notice that someone new is signing up and that oldbarrel has not yet participated. There is a reason for this; oldbarrel PMed me to informed he was busy and could no longer participate. Coincidentally, someone else left me a VM saying they'd love to participate and to let them know if there was any opening spots, which there ended up being. Just wanted to let you all know of this.

IC

Kelsey nervously went deeper into the jungle. There were cries of various Pokemon echoing throughout the air. She couldn't help but tremble. This wasn't what she was used to, to say the least. Even during her two years of traveling, she never had been somewhere so dark, intimidating, and downright frightening.

She turned her head, looking at Coal. He looked much braver than her. The fact that a tiny Cyndaquil had more courage than her made her feel somewhat embarrassing. She took a deep sigh.

"I... I don't want to explore on my own," she whispered to herself, her voice cracking ever so slightly. "I swear I saw other people on the beach. Maybe I should introduce myself? I mean, I don't know how long I'm going to be on this island, and it's probably best that I make friends with the others." She exhaled loudly. "B-b-but I suck at making friends!" Her voice starting to sound somewhat hysteric. "I freeze up around strangers... I-I never know what to say!"

"Cyndaquil?" Coal nudged her neck, seeming somewhat concerned about his trainer.

"I'm okay Coal... just talking to myself again..." Kelsey stared at the ground, feeling defeated and pathetic. "I guess I should at least tell them I exist if nothing else... besides, I don't wanna stay in this scary jungle... all alone..."

She sprinted away, almost tripping a few times on branches. She eventually made it back to the beach, seeing the others, who were waking up from being unconscious.

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Victoria continued to stumble, each step more tedious and harrowing than the last. Her vision continued to be poor, improving slowly, but still beyond atrocious. She noticed what seemed to be a wall of green. If she was to assume, it would be a forest or other form of homogenous plant life. The green wall began to blow in the faint coastal breeze. The swaying motion like the consistent breath of a slumbering green giant.

At an instant, an apparition burst through the foliage onto the beach. Victoria panicked, unable to perceive it's real form, numerous heinous ideas took root as to what the form could be. She quickly pulled off a Pokeball from her hip holster, lifted her sore arm, and with a monumental heave of exertion threw it in front of her. "Archie, help!" she shouted as the little Archen emerged from his Pokeball; alert if not extremely confused. "Chen?" He asked curiously of Victoria looking up at her from the sand. "I'll explain later Archie. I promise." she conveyed to the expectant little Pokemon.

She stared at the apparition a little longer. The form didn't seem overly large, in fact it seemed to be smaller than her. "W-w-what are you?!" She clamored in fear, her voice straining and chest clenching. "A-answer me!.....please." her voice trailing off at the end choking back tears.

( OOC: So Abi, I assumed my stretch of beach with the others was the one you were talking about. If not, I'll just edit the post. The apparition is you. :P )

Last edited:
Years
As he followed the coastline toward the voices an even louder commotion broke out. "Oh hell," Devin muttered under his breath as he tried to speed up. As he did so he felt the pain in his side worsen and realized that on top of everything he's acquired a limp. He heard an agitated voice but still couldn't make out what was said; whether that was due to distance or an indication of hearing damage he didn't know.

"Hey! Is somebody out there!" he shouted. Unfortunately as he did so he realized that his voiced hadn't survived this ordeal unscathed; as soon as he finished shouting his throat started hurting in such a way that he knew he wouldn't be doing it again anytime soon. "Great," he rasped to himself, then to his pokémon, "Guys, try to get their attention." At his request Prowler and Frix started barking and roaring. He knew such a noise wouldn't go unnoticed. Even as he ran he could feel something going wrong with his body. At first he couldn't pinpoint it but everything seemed to be at a distance and even the sounds of his pokémon started to sound far away.

Wait, why am I on the ground? It was then that he realized he was on the ground and rapidly losing consciousness. In his last few moments before slipping into the quiet darkness he had the time to noticed that his pokémon had stopped their noise making and Frix and Prowler were at his side, a small static charge flowing through him off of Frix.

OOC

My ability to post might be a little inconsistent (and possibly nonexistent) over the next four weeks so I've left Devin unconscious for the time being. I'd like to continue with the RP but I'll understand if he has to "disappear " to make things easier for everyone.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2012
Bliss continued to walk on the beach. Eventually, she heard voices coming nearby. Freequa's ears twitched, and she went on four paws and raced ahead.

"H-hey, wait for me!" Bliss shouted, picking up to a running pace to keep up with the fire Pokemon. Eventually she saw a couple of unconscious people, and some rustling nearby (Abi)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
And here goes my signup! Sorry to interrupt the flow, but I hope to be able to add to it soon :3 Any questions, just send them my way!

Name: Vincent Phoenix

Personality: Vincent has always been a forward-looking kind of guy. This can be both a good and a bad thing, and it has proven to cause a lot of trouble for him in the past. He always tries his best, and sometimes a little too hard, in an attempt at secretly wanting to impress others.

Aside from wanting to try and take charge, he also is a little easier to anger than others, and is in general easier to annoy. He has a very firm mindset for what is "fair", but can force himself to twist his view of this, if it'll mean he can get back at someone he dislikes.

Appearance: Vincent looks like a healthy, young boy at the age of 19. He's not too skinny, but not muscular or fat either. He has a very agile look to himself, and his demeanor makes him look like he could hold his own in a fight.
He has dark-blue eyes, his hair being a dark orange, almost looking brown.

His hairstyle is short, with the tips of his front pulled slightly into the air, but it's clear he doesn't pay all that much attention to his hair or appearance in general.

He wears a dark-green T-shirt with a pair of jeans, and white sneakers, two Pokéballs attached to his belt. He usually has a pleasant expression on his face, with determination lurking just around the corner. He also carries a small pack at his hip with a couple potions, berries and the like.

History: Growing up in the suburbs of Goldenrod gave Vincent his determined, leader-like mindset, along with a die-hard survival instinct. He's been in fights before, but nothing deadly as such, just kids being kids.

His father was a scientist and his mother worked at a Milktank farm just outside the city, meaning his father were almost never home, and gave him the job of being the man in the house, more or less.

When he was 12, he headed out on his Pokémon journey, travelling around the nearby cities to meet with others, fight and train the Abra he was given by his father, who helped him catch his first Pokémon. Along his journey, he also caught a Vulpix he nicknamed Flare, and generally travelled around Johto, training and bonding with them.

At one point, he felt his friends deserved a break, and so, he spent the money he had made dueling against others, on a cruise for him and his Pokémon, and for a while, they had a good time. Until the ship wrecked and Vincent was tossed overboard. Thankfully, his Pokémon were in their pokéballs when he was flung overboard, his mind quickly blanking as his head hit something hard.

Interested in romance?: Definitely, and he would be straight.

Other:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/65/Polka_dots.svg/220px-Polka_dots.svg.png ( ;P )

Pokemon #1:

Species: Kadabra

Nickname: Ace

Nature and characteristics: I like to develop my Pokémon in the RP itself, rather than stick to a list of ways they should act, if that's okay. Strong-willed and protective, easy to anger.

Pokemon #2:

Species: Ninetales

Nickname: Flare

Nature and characteristics: Caring and loyal, but timid and held-back.

Years
The sound of the waves lapping the edge of the beach and crashing softly on the sand was rather pleasing to Damion's ears, However, the aching and pain across his whole body, wasn't. In the distance he could hear some people shouting or talking or something. He wasn't really sure, but as he came to the ONLY thing he could feel was the massive headache he had.

"Ohh man... I think I had way too many free 'drinks' on the cruise, my head is killing me!" He mumbled to himself as he lifted his head from the sand. "And I was having the most wonderful dream too." As he looked up and saw the beach he was lying on, he had quite the look of confusion about him. "Uhh.... what the-?" Looking around he couldn't figure out if he was still dreaming. Wiping some sand from his face he started to gather himself and start to stand. Dusting the damp sand from his body he looked around seeing the beach behind him, and a forest in front him. "I guess I was half right!" he said joking to himself.

Mid way through brushing himself gasped and then grabbed for his belt. His heart dropped as he frantically grabbed for the spot where he normally kept his Pokéballs. As his hand wrapped around all 3 he had brought with him he let out a huge sigh of relief. He turned around searching for the next most important thing to him, his backpack. Seeing it about 2 ft to the left of him, he threw his hands down in the beach in relief. "Ehh, maybe this is really a nightmare..." The sharp pain from his body snapped him back to reality.

"Man, what the hell happened?" Damion asked himself. "Then again, if I wasn't so busy 'enjoying' the cruise and all it had to offer I might actually remember." Patting the Pokéballs on his belt he said to himself "Bet you guys are alright in there, probably fared better than I did."

After collecting his pack and dusting as much of the sand off as he could, he slung it over his shoulders and started looking around what he could see of the island. "I thought I heard voices, I wonder who could be on this island." He fixed his long hair, dusted some of the sand out of it, and then started heading inland, listening to see if he could hear any of the voices he thought he heard. Despite his body being in a lot of pain, he continued to push forward knowing all to well what to much sun can lead to.

As he headed continued walking along the beach, heading towards some shade, he reached into his pack and pulled out his wire frame sunglasses and put them on. "Least I still look damn good!" He said with a smirk, partially wincing from the pain.

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
OOC: The new sign up has been accepted!

As for your character, crushguant, if you don't mind, I think I'd like to include him in the story, but the other characters would control him (as long as they kept him in character, of course). If you (or anyone else) has an issue with that, shoot me a VM.

My IC post will come soon.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Vincent Phoenix​

The sounds of waves gently lapping on a shore finally reached Vincent's ears, coming in as a foggy, blurred sound at first, but gradually strengthening. He groaned out softly, moving his hands to press them against the sand underneath him, slowly and shakily pushing himself up before violently coughing several times, saltwater spilling out of his mouth and onto the sand below.

He let out a deep gasp of air, turning himself over to lie on his back, blinking his eyes slowly as he stared up into the blue, cloud-free sky, trying to go through the events of what had happened in his head.
"… Where am I? What happened last…? I… was on the boat. Going to see a play on the back part of it… when someone shouted through the speakers. And then…"

His eyes widened, and he sat up, hands clenching around the sand laying by his sides as he remembered the crash and being flung overboard. His hands swooped down to check if his pokéballs were still there, smiling a little with relief as they were. For the first time since he had woken up, he looked around himself, slowly turning as he pushed himself to a stand, staring into the jungle-like forest slightly further up the beach.

Taking a few moments to collect himself, he furrowed his brows, folding his arms across his chest. "Alright… this isn't good. I'm not sure where this is, but it's neither Kanto nor Johto. So I'm going to have to rely on either someone sending a rescue party, or trying to find my way through the woods." He sighed deeply to himself, lifting a hand to ruffle his hair, getting most of the sand and salt out of it before checking his pack for all of his necessary items, in case his friends were hurt.

He then glanced up and down the beach, trying to spot any other survivors, frowning a little as he neither saw, nor heard anyone. He was split between starting on making a shelter, or finding others who might need his help. Eventually, he decided to head up into the outskirts of the woods and look the trees over, while collecting the large leaves that was laying on the ground underneath. They could prove a good roof. He wasn't going to call on his friends to help him. Not until he had secured a place they could stay in peace, and more importantly, dryly.

OOC: So yeah, anyone who's walking along the beach might be able to see Vincent. Feel free to interact with him :3

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2012
Freequa's ears twitched again, and started running again. Bliss realised this a few seconds later, and started running after her.

"Hey! Now where are you going?" She shouted. Soon she saw what Freequa was running after. A figure (Vincent) too far away to make out. "Oh, is that someone else who's stranded? I should go over there..." Bliss stopped running, and was frozen on the spot. She was never really good when it came to new people, but she had to be brave. She took a deep breath, and ran further, making out it was a young adult man...

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
OOC

Crushguant requested to keep Devin (his character) unconscious for at least a day in story time. I will keep him as an active character in this roleplay for when his owner can't roleplay. You all are allowed to control him, but please keep it in character. And yes, Claire*, it's the same stretch of beach.

Also, Claire* and Sir Bastian, I will control your character a little in this post, but I'll try to keep them in character. Hope that's okay. If not, let me know; I'll edit my post.

IC

Kelsey heard the shrieks of a panicked girl. She was asking "what she was" and sent out her Archen impulsively.

"C-calm down... I'm a person," Kelsey stuttered. She felt her heart race within her chest. It was as if Kelsey was just as scared as this girl was. "M-my name is Kelsey. What's yours?"

The girl still didn't seem completely settled down. Her mouth formed a frown. It took a few tense seconds before she finally replied with her name.

"I'm Victoria," she snapped.

Kelsey couldn't help but cringe at her tone. She tried to reassure herself that Victoria was probably just scared, but it still made her nervous.

"Okay... well, I'm gonna t-talk to the other people now. H-have a nice d-day, Victoria." Kelsey couldn't help but mentally beat up herself for acting like such a nervous wreck. Her face was a bright shade of pink. Biting her lip, she looked around for someone who looked less intimidating. She saw a boy with hair that was some shade of burnt orange, and approached them.

"H-hi... my name is Kelsey... what's yours?"

"My name is Vincent, Kelsey." She flashed a sheepish grin at him.

"That's nice," Kelsey whispered.

There was an uncomfortable silence after that, at least it was uncomfortable for Kelsey. She stared at the ground. Coal prodded her neck, perhaps as a way of encouragement, but it didn't help much.

"I... I'll talk to you later, okay?" Kelsey was barely able to spit that sentence out.

With that, she jogged away, berating herself in her mind for being so painfully shy with strangers. Once the others were slightly farther away from her in distance, she plopped herself on the sand. Coal jumped from her shoulder and onto the ground, climbing onto her lap. She stared out into the sea, tears forming in her eyes from shame.

Last edited:

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Victoria attempted to process what was going on. "Kelsey?" She whispered under her breath. She watched the girl walk away from her and speak with a young man, who's existence Victoria was unaware of until that moment. She immediately felt her cheeks flush bright red, the embarrassment almost unbearable. 'What a great first impression moron.' She thought to herself.

From a fair distance, Victoria saw the shape of Kelsey take a seat on the sand isolating herself. Victoria didn't know what to do. She had feared for her life, yet the girl had sounded just as afraid as she did. Victoria slowly approached the young woman, wringing her hands in anxiety. The trip more arduous than she would have hoped for. Her immediate vision finally clearing, with her peripheral still lingering in blindness.

Victoria finally came next to where Kelsey had seated herself, and noticed the tears forming in her eyes. She sat down next to her, pulled her legs close to her chest and rested her chin on her knees. "Uhm, Kelsey?" she probed in a puzzled manner. "I'm...so sorry." She added, tears forming in her own eyes. "I, I, can't see that well. I guess I damaged my vision somehow. I saw you emerge from the forest and panicked, I wasn't sure what you were and I still don't know where I am." She continued, tapping rhythmically on her leg.

Archie came and jumped on her head, curling up at the top once he got comfortable. Victoria quickly remembered her other Pokemon were still in their Pokeballs and immediately retrieved them to explain the situation. Bubba and Pixie curled up around her, their own expression of affection and reassurance. They all seemed to understand what was going on, and even dealt with it better than she had. "I wish I had your strength." She said to her Pokemon affectionately.

"Kelsey? Do I dare to hope that there is a tropical resort somewhere around here? Maybe hiding just around the corner?" Victoria asked her trying to lighten the mood.

Last edited:

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
The girl, the one named Victoria, sat by Kelsey's side. It was unexpected, the fact that she showed a softer side. It made her relax, even if it was only a little. Victoria apologized for her snippy behavior, and then joked about there being a tropical resort about the corner.

Kelsey grinned weakly at the joke, but at the same time, wanted to break down. The idea of a tropical resort seemed lovely, but it was such a far away concept, an idea that thinking about in any detail caused Kelsey to become upset. She would have loved to be on a tropical resort right now. Even a cheap, dirty motel sounded better than this right now.

"I wish there was a tropical resort nearby," Kelsey said weakly, forcing a somewhat realistic sounding laugh. "That would be nice. Anyways, Victoria... it's... it's okay. It's not your fault that you got scared. If I were you, I'd probably b-be scared too. I'm a bit of a wimp, honestly. I get anxious really easily, especially when people are mad at me. I don't know why. I guess it's an automatic reaction."

Kelsey paused for a second, wondering why she was being so open with a total stranger that had just freaked out at her minutes prior to this exchange. It wasn't like her. Sure, she may have been an open person with close friends, perhaps a bit too trusting of them if anything, but she was usually much more wary of strangers. She took a deep breath, and began to vocalize her racing thoughts.

"I'm not usually this open with strangers, to be honest. I'm not entirely sure why I'm being so honest and direct with you. I only am like that with friends, normally. I feel like it has something to do with the fact that you, me, and a few others seem to be on this island alone. Who knows when we're gonna get out of here? So, in my mind, I guess I already see you and others as friends until any of you give me a reason not to. It makes me nervous to trust this quickly and easily, but I guess I don't have any other choice besides going at it alone, which I really, really do not want to do."

Kelsey exhaled loudly. She suddenly realized how much she had rambled over the past couple of minutes. She looked at Victoria with a sweet smile, allowing her to speak now.

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Honesty. So refreshing, yet so taken for granted in today's world. Kelsey had just shared a honest and heartfelt feeling, and Victoria could not have appreciated it more. She actually hadn't expected Kelsey to speak with her. She could have sworn the girl was going to run off again at the first sign of her presence. Yet here she sat, conversing with this complete stranger in the most unlikely scenario she could have ever imagined.

She nodded when Kelsey finished and turned to flash her a quick smile in reciprocation. Victoria was at a loss for words, she had no idea what to say to make any of this sound better than it was. She looked down at her hands, now interlocking and unlocking them at the fingers. "I, I uh, I understand." Victoria said at last. Victoria knew she had to say more, she couldn't just let that be all.

"I'll be honest, I'm what you might call a reserved person myself. From a young age I've always been...not shy exactly....just quiet. I truly appreciate your honesty Kelsey, and I hope to never give you a reason to not trust me." She said with a sigh, thinking back to her poor first impression. Victoria looked out toward the sea again. A truly beautiful view were it not for the current circumstances. "I think we all have our own personal demons. Our job is to banish them so that they never see the light of day." She put her right hand on Kelsey's shoulder. "Besides, wimps give up and succumb to their fate. I only see survivors here." She said reassuringly, giving Kelsey's shoulder a light squeeze. Victoria then retracted her hand, unsure if she was trying harder to convince Kelsey, or herself.

"Survivors, that's what we are. That's what we're going to stay." She added, a small flash of her mother's former resiliency seeping through. "Don't worry, you won't be alone. Whether we like it or not, all of us are in this together now." She concluded, biting her bottom lip and giving Pixie a pet on the head.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2012
Bliss saw the exchange between another girl and the man she had just been approaching. She stopped just a few steps behind him, extremely anxious and nervous. Freequa gave her a sharp nudge, nearly sending her falling. Bliss frowned and the Pokemon, then fully approached the man. He seemed to to have a weird shade of orange-brown hair.

"H-hey, you all right? You stranded as well?" Bliss asked, mentally beating herself up afterwards.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Vincent Phoenix​

As Vincent was collecting the large leaves into a pile and deciding what to do next, he raised his brows in surprise at the sound of a girl's voice. He turned around to come face to face with a girl slightly younger than herself, with soft, dark-purple coloured hair, freckled cheeks and a light build. She had caught Vincent off-guard, who blinked in surprise a few times, as the girl and her Cyndaquil, seemingly had snuck up on him without him realizing.

This left him a little flustered as she introduced herself, making him clear his throat quickly, replying a little stiffly. "My name is Vincent, Kelsey. Hey there." Not knowing exactly what to say to another shipwreckee, Vincent sort of just glanced off to the side, looking back at her after a few moments, opening his mouth to reply. But at that point, the girl muttered out "I'll… talk to you later, okay…?" before turning and hurrying off.

Vincent looked after her, still a bit stumped as he let out a huff, shaking his head, his cheeks darkening a little. "… Good job, Vince. Just go ahead and make everyone else here uncomfortable." He wrinkled his nose, silently deciding with himself that he'd try to forget about the awkward meeting as he let out Ace, his Kadabra. Ace looked around, blinking a little in confusion, before looking to Vincent with a "What the hell happened?" look on his face.

He sighed, rubbing the back of his head. "… The ship wrecked, and we're stuck on this island for the time being. I need your help with making a shelter, okay?" Ace nodded, used to following Vincent's quick and precise orders. "We need to cut down a tree and rest it against another, so we can use the leaves as a sort of wall… for the time being. So go ahead and use Psycho Cut on one of the trees, and then use Psychic to place it against this tree." Vincent pointed to the different trees and Ace nodded, setting to work on doing the work.

At this point, another person had walked up behind Vincent, but he had sort of expected it this time, as she spoke out. What he hadn't expected however, was that when he turned around, the girl was escorted by a Typhlosion and what looked to be an Eeveelution. Vincent blinked a few times at the massive Pokémon before shaking his head, looking to the girl, nodding lightly.

"Looks like it, yeah… there's not a lot of us here, either. I'm afraid we're probably the only survivors…" He looked out over the beach where a few people were still scattered, though surprisingly, none of them were doing… well, anything, other than wandering a bit around. He did notice Kelsey from earlier, sitting with another girl, but thought it rude to stare at someone while speaking to another girl.

He looked back to her and offered a small smile, and a hand to shake. "I'm Vincent, hey. Ace and I are trying to set up a temporary shelter of some sort. Could you go check on the others and see if they need medical attention?" Behind him, Ace had chopped a tree down and was slowly lowering it onto another tree with the help of his psychic powers. His question had sounded more like a request than an order, unlike what he had told Ace.

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
OOC: For the record, in game time, it is about sunset. Eventually, it will naturally progress to nighttime. Tomorrow, in game time, Devin will wake up from unconsciousness.

Victoria ended up making a bit of a speech right after Kelsey. She felt much more tense, seeing the more private side of this girl who she originally got a negative first impression of out of fear. Her posture loosened up, and she couldn't help but smile just a tiny bit. Coal had fallen asleep on her lap, which was very normal for him, so she stroked his head and stared at the waves.

The line about survivors really hit home to Kelsey. She wasn't sure whether she considered herself a survivor. Sure, she lived through the shipwreck, but was she truly a survivor?

Something distracted her from her pessimistic thoughts. It was the sunset. It was so beautiful and colorful. She hadn't truly appreciated the sunset in so long. It's a shame that she hadn't until now, but despite the less than desireable circumstances, her eyes lit up.

"Wow... look at the sunset, Victoria!" Kelsey exclaimed, pointing at the sky, her eyes wide. It was like she was a little kid again, in awe about the world. The feeling would crash and burn soon enough, but it was a euphoric feeling while it lasted. She stood up, placing her napping Cyndaquil on the ground and returning to his Pokeball.

"Anyways, Victoria, it was nice talking to you. I'm going to go see what's up and if anyone else has an idea of where to sleep tonight." She took a stroll along the coastline. First, she found an unconscious, or maybe sleeping boy with long black hair with red highlights. Concerned, Kelsey kneeled, picking up his wrist and checking for a pulse. There was a pulse, even though it was weak.

"Are you okay?" Kelsey whispered. The boy twitched a little. He was clearly alive, but Kelsey figured she best not disturb him. "I hope you'll be okay..." The idea of someone on this island dying hurt her much more than it should have, possibly because she knew that the less survivors there were, the more difficult it would be to make it through.

She took a deep breath, trying to calm her worries about this unknown boy. All she could do is hope for the best. Kelsey stood up again, and scanned the area.

The boy named Vincent had sent out his Kadabra and it was cutting down trees with its powers. She figured that there was a reason behind this, so she decided not to question it. Kelsey sat down again next to the unconscious boy, staring a bit more at him. She couldn't help but notice he was rather attractive, but that thought quickly vanished and was replaced by more serious thoughts.

First of all, Kelsey wasn't sure whether he would be unlucky if he ended up passing away. If he did, he wouldn't have to put in so much effort into surviving like the others would. It made Kelsey halfway wish she was in his place, which sent chills down her spine.

Back